Basecamp

4,3 (14.438)
Schrijf een review!
Flexibele tool voor projectmanagement en teamcommunicatie

(14.438)

Emily
  • Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Er zijn betere toolings op de markt

Beoordeeld op 14/1/2023

Pluspunten

Het enige voordeel vond ik dat je op een thread kom reageren via je mail

Minpunten

Hele onduidelijke tool. Heb deze voor meerdere projecten gebruikt maar er zijn gebruiksvriendelijkere tools te vinden e.g. Jira of trello

Vikram
Vikram
  • Sector: Werving en selectie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The Best task allocation and monitoring tool available in the market

Beoordeeld op 24/8/2022

In remote workplaces, it becomes very difficult to monitor and track the progress of your peers or teammates. Basecamp has been a saviour as it helps us not only monitor and allocate tasks but also becomes a source of communication for internal teams to get the work done. We recommend Basecamp to any IT company which has multiple projects and resources to handle.

Pluspunten

Basecamp has been a great tool for our team as all the projects and tasks are allocated by the managers and peers on this platform and then it becomes easy for everyone to keep a track of it. Basecamp provides an easy communication via threads that make it very convenient to use. We at Wise IT inc have been using basecamp as a project management and collaboration tool and love how it makes our lives easier. It also has a mobile app which makes it more easier to keep a check on your phone when you are away from work.

Minpunten

Basecamp does not have video conferencing option yet which has become a very important feature for companies that are working from home. Apart form this, I have never faced any problem using Basecamp.

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

The interface of Basecamp is easier than Asana. Also in terms of features, Basecamp currently leads the market.

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Pricing and features are better for Basecamp compared to other alternatives available.
Maszni
Maszni
  • Sector: Entertainment

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Good software for building project management

Beoordeeld op 22/3/2021

I mainly use it to collaborating on project with my team members which working on the other branches. We can communicate and work on the same task in real-time and making the project collaboration process very effective.

Pluspunten

The feature and menu is perfectly placed in the software dashboard. I can easily find the tools that i need really fast and that has speed up my work progress. All my project and the progress can be tracked by the visual percentage thus make it more easier to know the project level of completion.

Minpunten

Basecamp tools for task management is somewhat lacking because there are no tools to managing a complex project that need many resources for the project. The software dashboard and overall design is too old and very unappealing compared to other software that has more modern looking software design.

Regina
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Adequate, better than nothing

Beoordeeld op 3/4/2020

Adequate, at best. Better than nothing. More work than it should be, after 5 years of use. I'm not sure this is the best product for as many users and as many projects as we have... maybe ok for a handful of users/customers and 5-10 projects at a time.

Pluspunten

It's better than an excel spreadsheet. I consider it to be a 'starter' PMS. Sort of like a starter home, or first car (if you're parents aren't rich).

Minpunten

None of our users can use it properly no matter how many times I instruct them, send them cheat sheets, walk them through the process, justify my requirements for how to use it properly. There's too many places for users to put things, too many ways to make it confusing. Nobody seems to be able to find a thread to continue a conversation, and they just keep starting new messages for everything. If you have a lot of files to add to a project, it gets really confusing on which one is the right one - even if you explain that the newest one is top right. If there's too many messages or files - the oldest ones get buried and nobody can figure out how to find them. The archiving system is a nightmare - impossible to find and pull up projects, you can't search by project, you can only search by a file name, and you can't sort your search - it's just a long list, and you'd better hope you were super consistent in naming your files if you ever want to find something again. There's no analytics

Andrew

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Basecamp was our agency tool

Beoordeeld op 20/2/2024

Overall I would recommend Basecamp as it's better than trying to manage everything through Outlook. One piece of advice is to make sure that each project is closed out with all critical files included. That way, if someone needs to look back at the previous year, they can find everything in one spot.

Pluspunten

The agency that we employed provided us with our own basecamp. We were able to customize it to our team, managing access. The ultimate benefits of Basecamp are not only project management, but the ability it provided to hold the agency accountable. The documentation tools proved to be vital.

Minpunten

The email notifications. I wished that the tool was able to be more granular in which projects we could email people about, the length of time they would be emailed, and the frequency of the email.

Curt
Curt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp helps us streamline project/account management and increase our efficiency

Beoordeeld op 19/11/2020

Overall, we're very happy here at my startup marketing agency, HypeLife Brands, with Basecamp...we've been using it for a VERY long time and haven't looked back or considered anything else really. I think the 37Signals team has done a great job with the product from the beginning.

Pluspunten

The ability to manage a team, often in multiple locales, especially in the days of COVID now, much easier than any other alternative out there.

Minpunten

Sometimes a conversation for tasks becomes non-linear though Basecamp is setup in a linear fashion, so it can be a bit tricky to manage that without the ability to thread comments, but this is more of an advanced user need I think :-)

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

We need a more robust, and hosted option instead of having to maintain and customize a tool to our needs on a local version. Basecamp fit the bill at the time and we haven't had to make a single customization once adopting its workflow.

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

I felt Basecamp was easier and cleaner for me as a project and account manager for our select clients, working on accounts with a sort of "agile within waterfall" hybrid approach to how we work...so Basecamp just fit much better, and I'm a big fan of 37signals' core philosophy too in building businesses, so there was really no competition in the end.
Nichole
Nichole
  • Sector: Kleding en mode

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The best all in one HQ for remote teams

Beoordeeld op 13/10/2020

Overall, I love the way it feels like a virtual headquarters for your company where employees can chat, stay up to date with projects, and post all related docs and files, and integrate schedules, but in order to get the best experience with running an office remotely there is such limitation and little customization available. This is a great start, but you still need to use other tools to get a comprehensive set of tools to run and operate your business.

Pluspunten

I love the fact that basecamp feels like a virtual office. The dashboard looks like virtual rooms that one can enter depending on the department you want to access. Basecamp has many features to make it feel like you're at the office like the different departments with access to files, chat, project management , to-do's, groups, and a link to schedule your time and tasks and keep track of meetings.

Minpunten

There is very little customization that can be done besides adding a company logo, and setting up your departments, groups and selecting which features to incorporate into the department tiles. I would love to be able to custom colorize the look and feel to make it more unique and visual, but there are limitations. Each tile that can be used for departments or projects, also have very little room for customization and you're not able to create any unique features besides your standard to dos, schedule, chat, and files.

monday.com en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

ability to have employees connect in one place rather than just working separately and feeling disconnected
Ryan
Ryan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently

Beoordeeld op 11/4/2020

I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Pluspunten

Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Minpunten

My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

Jira en Confluence

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp is simply more user friendly for my organization. We didn't want to use the same ticketing system that our dev ops or IT uses because we had differing needs.
Andrew
  • Sector: Computersoftware

Game Changer

Beoordeeld op 12/9/2023

At first, I was skeptical that BaseCamp would be any different than other software we used (e.g., Trello & Slack), but the immediate difference when we went live was noticeable. As a company leader, I instantly noticed product market fit as the team embraced using BaseCamp as their preferred means of managing tasks, communication, and projects without top-down pressure. We haven't looked back since and it enabled us to work effectively as an entirely remote team before, during, and after the pandemic.

Pluspunten

Assigning task ownership, deadlines, to-do, and the card management system for kanban/pull processes.

Minpunten

I want to get more out of the timeline feature. It's a great idea, but I haven't been able to leverage it for project management timeline communication effectively.

Haleema
  • Sector: Human Resources
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Basecamp usage from a freelancer's perspective

Beoordeeld op 10/9/2023

Excellent. Would highly recommend it to other freelancers like myself.

Excellent. Would highly recommend it to other freelancers like myself.

Pluspunten

It had a simple UI which was easy to use and always on point. It did not have any fluff and it did not require me to spend an additional 5 minutes to interpret each page. It was also easier for my clients from smaller towns (who were not as tech friendly) to adopt to.

Minpunten

The page would look cluttered at times when it had too many tasks and schedules put together. For someone like me who puts a high priority on UI, this was not very appealing. Incorporating grids/tabular format could have made it appear more organized.

monday.com

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

The UI in Basecamp was more on point and easier for my clients from smaller towns to use. I did not have to dedicate additional hours for training/onboarding them

monday.com
Sam
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

Great for some users

Beoordeeld op 1/12/2023

Pluspunten

I liked the simple design and functionality. The software works how it is supposed to and isn't trying to be more than exactly what it is.

Minpunten

If just wasn't at good at some of the things it did than other specialized tools. It wasn't as good as Slack at chat and async collaboration in chat. It wasn't as good at task management as Trello. It could do those things, but our team just preferred having multiple more specialized/feature-rich tools.

Christopher
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!

Beoordeeld op 7/8/2019

Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Pluspunten

Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Minpunten

Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

Scoro, Hive en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Basecamp was an easier platform for us to engage clients and keep everyone on the same page! Trello felt a little outdated in terms of having swim lanes for each task.

Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp's friendly user interface and accessible onboarding features made it easier for users at my previous organization to adopt the platform. I would recommend this to any budding business who wants to manage workloads/workflows and keep their client engaged and excited about the service being provided!
Ellie
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A Really Good Project Management Tool!

Beoordeeld op 15/12/2019

Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to integrate. My team loves it! We hare very satisfied with Basecamp.

Pluspunten

Prior to basecamp, my organization was unorganized and working organically, there was no structure or timelines to our projects. Basecamp brought all that and MORE! It’s so simple to use and assign team members the tasks. It has a great user interface structure. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not on Basecamp. It made such a positive impact in my organization!

Minpunten

When it comes to tracking, Basecamp doesn’t give a good overview of this. You need to consistent check what tasks have been completed and which ones aren’t. I hope they make an improvement on the Gantt Charts along with full project reports!

Wrike

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Wrike was a great tool but lacked the ability to collaborate that Basecamp offers with its message boards and campfire.

Wrike

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp’s price and overall system is what my team needed. Wrike is great but a bit too “intense” for my team.
Clayton
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Hands-down my favorite project management software

Beoordeeld op 25/2/2020

I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done. It has replaced about three other apps (including Slack) for our team. In Basecamp communication is now centered on getting things done and improving our products versus just chatting. There is an ideology to understand when using Basecamp but if you can adopt that you will be more productive and less stressed about getting work done.

Pluspunten

Very affordable especially considering how many other solutions it replaces. Very clean minimal interface that gets out of your way and lets you get work done. Very fast and reliable. The mobile app is fantastic as well.

Minpunten

There is a little bit of a learning curve with the single page interface but that is be design.

Trello en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

We needed a new system that was focused on action and not just words. A single source of truth.

Slack

Ideology and price.
Sridhar

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Decent project management tool for small teams!

Beoordeeld op 24/11/2020

We started Basecamp in v2 and still using it for smaller internal projects. Basecamp does a lot good when you are working with smaller simple focused projects which are run individually.

Most of our clients are now demanding to be in Slack or MS Teams as part of collaboration so we have to move to newer tools and apps as required by clients.

As part of 2020/2021 vision, we are now targeting to move all our artifacts and teams to Slack or MS Teams and service most of our collaboration/discussion/file sharing

Pluspunten

The most important and stand out feature of the product is the fixed pricing. Its use all you can and no per user seating billing makes it absolutely a product for internal smaller teams.

We have used this product for little over 2 years now and is used by various teams inside the company.

With basic features like tasks, calendar, file sharing, we found it relatively smaller projects which does not involve too many requirement changes or too much of pre-start documentation required.

Minpunten

Handling large multiple projects, tracking each project activities, and above all tracking individual contractors work/ timesheet tracking has been a pain point with this product for us.

Check-ins work great for a product company but since ours is a technology services projects where work really has to be tracked and detailed at most levels has been a challenge for us.

Most of our clients are already on or they prefer/recommend apps from slack and MS Teams and demand to use basecamp in their ecosystem is not very in demand for us.

Todoist, Trello en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Trello was adopted well by most of our clients and we proposed to use the Trello boards for projects. But the fact is that we don't always use Agile strictly in "services" industry. As in all services companies, we find ourselves always racing against time, hence the boards will not always reflect correct effort, time or estimation. Hence we made a switch from Trello to Basecamp as it offered client portal which can be shared and we can add clients and wanted more collaboration

Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

The number #1 was obviously fixed price of the product and not per seat basis. We found value in collaboration and getting things done with smaller teams and smaller projects. We can easily add clients and share only data that we need.
Evan
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Unburden your Inbox!

Beoordeeld op 27/1/2021

I encourage you and your team at least test this system. If you find yourself sorting through constant emails to find where you left off on a project- this is for you! For our team, this dissipates stress in the workplace and I have found it permit clearer communication across departments, providing for an amplified experience when teams meet in person- more productive meetings.

Pluspunten

As a non-profit end-user, there are multiple projects I will have on my plate on any given day. In 2020 alone, I was managing the implementation of database training, following-up with Q&A from my colleagues while also navigating new tech integrations for our CRM. With so many moving parts coupled with a shift to heavy remote work, Basecamp provided an ease in transition, permitting us to keep pace with our current systems so that we would not lose the full measure of impact we have on providing aid to at-risk children during the pandemic. In short- less clutter in your standard email inbox and rapid collaboration within secure channels.

Minpunten

You do not have the ability to archive content, which can make sorting difficult if you are use to this dynamic in say Gmail.

Michael

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp is the best tool for simple to do list.

Beoordeeld op 24/2/2022

I have left basecamp and went to Teamwork.com, after a while, returned to basecamp. I have left basecamp and went to Monday.com, after a while returned to basecamp. That shouls tell you something.

Pluspunten

I think the simplicity of basecamp is wonderful. Almost everyone can ue basecamp, take a new user and throw them into Monday.com or TeamWork.com and they will get lost and faiil. But with Basecamp, it is so easy and intuitive, everyone succeeds!

Minpunten

Reporting especially email reporting is very weak. also, printing can be improved greratly.

Teamwork.com en monday.com

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

i usually swith back and forth due to nature of the project.

Teamwork.com en monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

i have went back and forth. today, i choose the task manager based upon the project that i am managing.
Russell S
Russell S
  • Sector: E-learning
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great idea for team management!

Beoordeeld op 16/1/2019

Allows my team to stay organized, communicate effectively, and accomplish tasks all from one platform!

Pluspunten

Basecamp is classified as a project management platform, but I see it as more than that. It's a digital space that enables your team to all be on the same page and up-to-date. Here are some things I love about that platform:
- It has a very simple design and feel. It's extremely "boiled down" and there's no reason to worry about less techy folks getting lost. It's easy to learn to use and navigate the platform.
- It organizes everything in one place, so it's easy to find key documents, hold individuals accountable, find help, etc. There's no email chains, certain things saved in the Cloud, while other things are saved on someone's computer - it's all there.
- When you enter a project folder, I like that there are really three categories for communication. Things that need to be done are filed in the "to do" thread, on-going communication/questions occur through the "message" thread, and just general questions or thoughts or concerns can be posed through the "campfire" thread. This is simple idea, but is really quite brilliant. It allows your team to rank or categorize the message they're about to send (Is this urgent? Is this a general question? Is this a task that needs we need to get done?). This really provides structure that effective teams need.
- Another cool feature is that in that you have access to all of the important, shared files in the project folder. I would compare that to "team drives" on Drive, if you're familiar.

Minpunten

Basecamp is not too technical, it feels human-friendly! But because of this, you do occasionally find yourself looking for something more, a feature that would really be helpful. For example, the to do lists could be a little more robust (graphics, attachments, etc.). Another idea would be to add a bit of customization. I understand the desire to maintain simplicity, but just the ability to add your brand would be a nice feature or even change the color designs. Not crucial, but would be nice.

Walter
  • Sector: Groothandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Organizational Tool - but not export or import friendly

Beoordeeld op 16/7/2019

Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different formats, which its competitors do provide, might cause most of their users to switch to another platform, like us.

Apart from the issue highlighted above, I think basecamp is a great tool to add, update, notify and manage any task, be it tech-related or sales related. As I have been through technical support, sales and then e-commerce sales of my company I think this tool would be very handy.

Pluspunten

It is easy to enter, search and assign tasks in this online tool. As an E-Commerce Manager, I find it easy to enter our online order information, keep track of them with due dates, assign tasks to my team members and update our higher management on the goals and their progress.

Minpunten

The Export feature of this online tool is the worst!! I have tried contacting their support about exporting my tasks to excel or CSV format and they informed me that they do not have that option. We receive over 200 to 600 + orders a month which we have to keep track of, this helps us do that, but when our account manager asks me to get him details of orders then my life goes to hell. It takes me 2-4 days to extract all the data and organize it and send it to our accounts manager. This is the RED Flag for me for this software, I have my team looking at other options to switch to, however, if they do incorporate it, I have no problem sticking to Basecamp.

Another thing I would like to point out, which is not a red flag or an issue but in the last month we had basecamp service unavailable or crash twice. Since it is a company solution, we are using, and I have been using it for the past 3 years, I never had seen this issue, maybe an upgrade in their services or some other bug is causing this but it did happen. Hope it does not happen again as it will affect our work seriously.

Tamara
  • Sector: Public relations en communicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Basecamp - Great for young people, not user friendly for older generations

Beoordeeld op 18/8/2020

I had to give a presentation on Toastmaster's Pathways and navigating to and through Basecamp and I realized we are not utilizing a lot of the great features Basecamp offers. Again, a lot of the members I've spoken with (both local and international) all say the same thing, that it's confusing to navigate through, the look of the website changed and the headers are confusing. The word Basecamp didn't sit well with a lot of people, but after searching this on YouTube I figured out that Toastmaster's didn't do a good job of explaining what is Basecamp and what the purpose of Basecamp is. If they had chosen to use words or headers like, "Account" that would sound more familiar it would've helped with getting to know the layout. Also, finding materials is still a bit of a maze, but again, that's the organizations lack of set-up and not really Basecamp's fault. With Basecamp all of the learning materials that used to be in booklets were now transferred to the computer and had live video demonstrations, organized power points and links to more resources beyond what is written on the page; it definitely enhanced our learning but also overwhelmed us because there were almost too many resources available in every language you can think of in different parts of the site. Now that I know that Basecamp is a project management software I can help others learn about it and utilize it to the fullest extent.

Pluspunten

I use this software for my Toastmaster's Club and it has a lot of great features that aren't being utilized because of the confusion of maneuvering through it. I can: leave feedback or ask for feedback from other members, track my progress via pie charts, access multimedia learning materials easily, store documents related to my project for historic record or for easy recall.

Minpunten

Toastmaster's is an world renown organization that has a very even mix of younger and older or retired members; the oldest member in my club is 92 years old. As of June this year, everyone was required to get a Pathways account and log into their Base Camp. I am one of the younger members (39 years old) and even I didn't find Basecamp to be clear cut or intuitive and was frustrated. It got so bad, that the area directors asked every club to nominate a Toastmaster's Pathways or Base Camp "Ambassador" that they can refer people to when they needed help. We had a virtual conference recently and there was an intro class on how to use Pathways/Base Camp and everyone was clearly confused and it didn't make sense to them. There were too many steps to get to the login pages and to get to the actual base camp. Also, the word base camp was not explained to everyone. I think we were looking for something like, "Account" which is equivalent to going to your base camp. I believe the roll out of this new website and way of tracking our progress was poor and has cause a lot of frustration, discouragement and even loss of membership for our older members.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Great for Project Management

Beoordeeld op 14/2/2021

Love basecamp. Easiest software to use to project manage. We use this every single day. Don't foresee that changing anytime soon!

Pluspunten

Such an easy way to communicate with teammates on a project, track our progress, share files, and project manage. We also use the basecamp calendar to track all of our marketing emails, social media ads/posts, print marketing, and events. It allows for easy "Traffic control" of marketing efforts.
I also love that when you want to communicate on a project/task, you may have for example 10 teammates on the project but you can pick for your email notification of the new message/post to only go to specific individuals among those 10 included so it still tracks the conversation but only notifies those needed without overwhelming others with tons of email notifications.

Minpunten

Honestly nothing. This software has so much to offer and they have amazing notifications and tutorials that are 5min or less to learn more to better project manage and take advantage of everything it has to offer. If anything (and to be honest - perhaps they have it and i just dont realize), it would be great to have a quick way to review marketing pieces and comment on needed updates/changes made to a document vs. as almost like a "chat"... we separately use inmotion to review marketing pieces while also using basecamp to project manage.

yogendra kumar
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Basecamp is an online collaboration app.It is Very user friendly Project management software.

Beoordeeld op 8/11/2017

One unique feature in Basecamp is Automatic Check-ins. Automatic Check-ins ask team members to essentially submit a short report answering a question, like "What are your priorities this week?" or "How many attendees have enrolled in the conference so far?" on a recurring basis that you (or the team lead) enters. The options are highly customizable, so you can ask the same question every Friday in the afternoon, or every Tuesday and Thursday at exactly 9:15 a.m.whatever you like.

In addition to the display of cards for various team and project spaces, the Basecamp dashboard also has links to My Stuff: My Assignments, My Bookmarks, My Schedule, and so forth. I like that you can get to a consolidated list of My Stuff from the dashboard, but again, I'd rather be able to see it right then and there. A few customizable widgets would go a long way to making Basecamp's dashboard a more productive interface.

Pluspunten

It has very simple interface so I can easky understand.Graphics of this software is too good.It is effective software to manage projects.Take less effort to setup this software.I like that Basecamp takes mere minutes to set up. On-screen tutorials walk you through the process with clear and concise pointers. During the setup, Basecamp suggests things you might need to add to your account, such as an upcoming event or project, as well as any documents or task lists associated with it.One unique feature in Basecamp is Automatic Check-ins. Automatic Check-ins ask team members to essentially submit a short report answering a question, like "What are your priorities this week?" or "How many attendees have enrolled in the conference so far?" on a recurring basis that you (or the team lead) enters. The options are highly customizable, so you can ask the same question every Friday in the afternoon, or every Tuesday and Thursday at exactly 9:15 a.m. whatever you like.

Minpunten

Basecamp offers several ways for people to collaborate with one another. Within each team or project are a message board, task list, schedule (for events), and place to upload shared files. While the message board helps for keeping track of ongoing notes and conversations about the overview of a project, you might also need to ask colleagues more pointed or more general questions that don't belong on the board for all to see. For that, there's Campfire, Basecamp's chat room.

Joel
Joel
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp is simply the best at what they do. Easy to use, logically designed, totally in...

Beoordeeld op 7/3/2018

Pluspunten

It's simple interface makes managing multiple projects a dream. As a Marketing Manager, I'm over seeing everything from product launch to creative development. I have a larger team working on a broad array of projects. Basecamp let's me go in, add tasks, easily check progress and get updated on everything in a manner of minutes. If I let my notifications go untouched for most of the day, Basecamp is so easy to use that I can clear my Heystack notifications (usually 60+) in a few minutes. Updates are that clear!!!
Basecamp, if used properly, could totally eliminate the need for internal email. In fact, I insist my team use Basecamp instead of email. Basecamp focuses communication on the work being done and allows everyone a view on the conversation. This is a problem with email, and merely fwd'ing or cc'ing all the time doesn't really fix the problem of keeping a large team 100% informed. Plus, we all know that no one reads their email.
Beyond that, their customer service is top notch. They take a personal approach with everyone. I once caused an issue with how they program their "todo lists" and they created a fix JUST FOR ME! I assume others use it too, but they wouldn't know that it the "fix" was even a fix, because it was the personal touch that Basecamp gave me that introduced the fix.

Minpunten

Basecamp has taken a minimalist approach to software design and as a project management tool. In some cases, I do find myself wishing for certain features. Ultimately, I've tried other software and though they may do what Basecamp does while also including those other features, Basecamp is simply the best at what they do, even without the other features, so I have never considered switching.

Kim
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I have used Basecemp to communicate with independent contractors, internal creative team and...

Beoordeeld op 25/4/2018

Keeping all creative edits, documents, client information in one place was great. It was very organized and helped me to be organized and retrace my steps when needed.

Pluspunten

I mainly used this product when I was working in advertising but we still use it for the design of our program each year with our Communications team. You can create projects and determine who can see them - so, for example, I have a client (X) and my internal team (Y) and independent contractors (Z) for Project A. I can have an ongoing project named Client X where I've added all my internal resources to discuss every project we are working on with them where I can do everything from give SOW, get an estimate of time, create a timeline, receive rounds of work and communicate with my internal team with all changes in one place. I can remove people from conversations that they may not need to be a part of, but they can come see the conversation later if they choose/need to. I will receive email updates from Basecamp every time someone has sent me something on Basecamp. I can also have a Project named Project A where I add members of the client team. Here I can get approval for the cost, send a timeline and all drafts of the project. I can also have a Project named Z for the Independent Contractor. Here, I can get an estimate from this person, send them a proposed timeline, and receive their work. It keeps all of the documents in one place, all edits, all communication and can be organized however it suits you!

Minpunten

When I was in advertising, the main issue I noticed was that people who don't take the time to learn how to use Basecamp are it's biggest downfall. For example, we have everything from Account Managers who respond via email (which works, but inserts their signature unnecessarily into the comment every time) to creatives who create a new thread everytime they have an update to a project, which defeats the point of being able to look back at every edit/communication to see when a change was made or was supposed to be made but was missed etc. It can also be detrimental if you don't select the appropriate people to see your comment/document. If you just reply to the people who were on the previous comment without checking who was on it, you might not be sending the draft to the right people and it will get missed. Another thing we noticed is that people who did not want to acclimate or never properly learned how to use Basecamp would not read the messages in their email and assume that it was not for them. So you still have to manage up because if you want your higher ups to be looking at something, sometimes they still ignore it =)

Gurbir Singh
Gurbir Singh

Amazing Project Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 6/6/2018

Proper management of projects in my company. Upto date client reviews/feedbacks and more.

Pluspunten

I am using Basecamp since 2014. One of my friend from Dubai introduced Basecamp to me. It's simple and ready to use. No puzzles to do settings. Simple team member invitation. Simple client invitation. Create project easy. Tagging teammate is an awesome feature. we can simply tag our teammate in comments, to-do items, team chat, personal chat etc same as we do on Facebook. We can appreciate someone for his/her response. Set reminders and a lot of other activities can be done. No billing issue. the unlimited number of team members and no limit of file storage. Easy interface. If I talk about the support, team basecamp is very supportive and active to help its customers. You need help? write on Basecamp's twitter account and get a response in very short time or simply go to the website and write them, they'll definitely write you back. Once my account got suspended because of less funds, I simply wrote an email to [email protected] and got an instant reply from Sylvia Chong <support team> with positive response and activation of my account for next one month. They understand customers and help them back.

Minpunten

Ammm.... Truly I have nothing which I like least about the Basecamp. Yea, more features can be added. Like invoicing, proposals, lead management and few other services. Because we have to find other vendos for all these services. It's complex to manage multiple vendors. Oxibase Software is one in all. They have invoicing, lead management, proposals, payment collections, project management, HR all in one. So, I would suggest basecamp to include some more features in it so that we don't look for other softwares :)