Basecamp

4,3 (14.101)
Flexibele tool voor projectmanagement en teamcommunicatie

(14.101)

• Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Er zijn betere toolings op de markt

Beoordeeld op 14/1/2023

Pluspunten

Het enige voordeel vond ik dat je op een thread kom reageren via je mail

Minpunten

Hele onduidelijke tool. Heb deze voor meerdere projecten gebruikt maar er zijn gebruiksvriendelijkere tools te vinden e.g. Jira of trello

Vikram
  • Sector: Werving en selectie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The Best task allocation and monitoring tool available in the market

Beoordeeld op 24/8/2022

In remote workplaces, it becomes very difficult to monitor and track the progress of your peers or teammates. Basecamp has been a saviour as it helps us not only monitor and allocate tasks but also becomes a source of communication for internal teams to get the work done. We recommend Basecamp to any IT company which has multiple projects and resources to handle.

Pluspunten

Basecamp has been a great tool for our team as all the projects and tasks are allocated by the managers and peers on this platform and then it becomes easy for everyone to keep a track of it. Basecamp provides an easy communication via threads that make it very convenient to use. We at Wise IT inc have been using basecamp as a project management and collaboration tool and love how it makes our lives easier. It also has a mobile app which makes it more easier to keep a check on your phone when you are away from work.

Minpunten

Basecamp does not have video conferencing option yet which has become a very important feature for companies that are working from home. Apart form this, I have never faced any problem using Basecamp.

Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

The interface of Basecamp is easier than Asana. Also in terms of features, Basecamp currently leads the market.

Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Pricing and features are better for Basecamp compared to other alternatives available.
Nichole
  • Sector: Kleding en mode

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The best all in one HQ for remote teams

Beoordeeld op 13/10/2020

Overall, I love the way it feels like a virtual headquarters for your company where employees can chat, stay up to date with projects, and post all related docs and files, and integrate schedules, but in order to get the best experience with running an office remotely there is such limitation and little customization available. This is a great start, but you still need to use other tools to get a comprehensive set of tools to run and operate your business.

Pluspunten

I love the fact that basecamp feels like a virtual office. The dashboard looks like virtual rooms that one can enter depending on the department you want to access. Basecamp has many features to make it feel like you're at the office like the different departments with access to files, chat, project management , to-do's, groups, and a link to schedule your time and tasks and keep track of meetings.

Minpunten

There is very little customization that can be done besides adding a company logo, and setting up your departments, groups and selecting which features to incorporate into the department tiles. I would love to be able to custom colorize the look and feel to make it more unique and visual, but there are limitations. Each tile that can be used for departments or projects, also have very little room for customization and you're not able to create any unique features besides your standard to dos, schedule, chat, and files.

monday.com en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

ability to have employees connect in one place rather than just working separately and feeling disconnected
Mirat
  • Sector: Werving en selectie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Complete solution for project management and team communication.

Beoordeeld op 16/1/2023

Pluspunten

This is the software that I can say is 100% useful in communication and task or time management as we can make the team and add ourselves only to create a specific check-in. These check-ins are really helping me in my task as well as time management. We can also make different projects that we are working on and can get real-time updates from people on campfires. The campfire is really helpful to keep the team that added to the project in the same loop. There another very good feature that I just love is that we have message boards on which we can make announcements of any good or any information announcements there. The best thing is that there is also a find option we have any document of any chat or anything we want real quick we can search it. It makes make document sharing very easy.

Minpunten

There isn't much that I don't like about this tool but one thing that annoys me is the notifications. So many times It doesn't notify me when someone gives me a ping. When I am using the browser view this happen most of the time. Also, this supports really basic projects only.

• Sector: Computergames
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Nearly great but not quite

Beoordeeld op 16/7/2018

We felt that the "all in one" nature of the software was great, but beyond our initial tests we found it lacking in adaptability to fitting into the way WE work, (it wants you to wholly adopt their approach and we felt that there was an internal resistance to that development style) - therefore we abandoned the platform and looked for alternatives.

Pluspunten

For years we have been looking for an all in one project and task management system to use with our business. And BaseCamp is so nearly it, it has most of the features you'd expect but presents them in a different way to most other task tracking systems.

On the positive side, it's easy to use, friendly to the eye and everything is where it should be. It has some nifty features that you can easily become over-reliant on that aren't present in other management software tools. One recent addition was the Hill Chart where you plot a task on an "planning hill" - in a really visual way. This is totally unique and works well, helping you quickly identify the progress of any given task.

As a project manager, this is a very useful way of seeing where everything currently "is at"

Minpunten

Onto the Cons: For us, we found that the software was too verbose in its approach, it has a work log system where each user is expected to fill in a diary of what they have done today - sure, this can be switched off in the options, but the regularity of BaseCamp e-mailing you is far too high as a default. By default you're constantly managing e-mails from the system (which is precisely what is is meant to eliminate!)

Once you disable these notifications, we felt that the software starts to lose its impact, our staff started to drift away from it over time and went back to other task tracking methods (such as trello) for different areas of the development. This caused us to reconsider the entire enterprise and look for alternatives, our team just couldn't seem to adopt the (very rigid) way that Basecamp wants you to work.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Basecamp - suitable project management software

Beoordeeld op 20/10/2022

Good friendly interface. You can learn how to use it very quickly, so you can organize your business and improve the productivity with good tracking tools.

Pluspunten

Basecamp is easy to implement, easy to use in a team.

Minpunten

It is quite expensive for small business, 11$ per user with no other options.

Trello

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

It was only the question of taste for the interface and usability.

Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

It was not much more expensive as I used it for a small business
Luke
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Good but not great

Beoordeeld op 20/11/2020

Good but not great. Simple but not very powerful. Almost no customisation.

Pluspunten

Basecamp is simple and intuitive. What it does, it does well. It's easy to invite new users and collaborators and emails and alerts are well formatted.

Minpunten

There's a distinct lack of a birds-eye view of all open to-do's across a team or portfolio of projects. Also statuses are incredibly limited compared to the highly flexible workflows of Jira. For any team who works in an agile environment, Basecamp is a last resort.

Jira

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp was chosen over using offline tools like Excel but we've since switched from Basecamp to Jira.
Maureen
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

You need it, Basecamp got it all

Beoordeeld op 6/12/2022

Pluspunten

A 2 month trial is available which is a very thoughtful feature. It supports unlimited users. Its easy to keep tracks on projects as well as being organized with Basecamp. I can also setup auto reminders to keep me on toes and also notify me when a comment is made on a project am in. Task assignment is the best feature I like about Basecamp, am able to assign tasks with teammates, set deadlines and or add instrutions on tasks. Supports videos and images withim tasks. Its inexpensive, saves us lots of money

Minpunten

No dislikes as at yet. Still learning all functionalities and so far am a proud and happer user

Benjamin
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

A simple yet very effective Project Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 10/1/2023

Overall I have loved using basecamp. I think that it does its job well and helps us to do the same.

Pluspunten

I love the simplicity brought by this tool. It has helped me to quickly and easily add projects for my team to work on and I am able to see progress as each of the projects is moved along in the process. I also love the collaboration that is involved with this project and the ability to set up notifications that help you to stay on top of deadlines.

Minpunten

I think that sometimes I got a little bit lost with the volume of projects that we put into our dashboard and I wish that there were a way to get a little bit more of an overall picture without having to scroll through all of the projects or pieces of projects as they are making their way through the project flow.

Mansi
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the best task management platform

Beoordeeld op 9/1/2023

Overall good experience. It provides good features for effective project management.

Pluspunten

I like the most that Basecamp makes it simple and easy to manage people, and projects, and provides quite simple-to-use tools and features that basically reduce the overall complexity of management. I created a central dashboard (home) where I can see a birds-eye view of all the projects, tasks, and schedules based on the month. It also provides real-time messages and notifications as a reminder of tasks that are past the deadline. Moreover, I can create a personal to-do list and manage based on different categories.It also provides a central place to store all the docs & file, and makes collaboration quite easy.

Minpunten

When I joined for the first time, I felt overwhelmed by seeing the dashboard and was not sure of the entire flow that I should use to setup. However, once I went through all the features, I was able to set up everything quite easily.

Sikhanyiso

Basecamp Review

Beoordeeld op 6/12/2022

Pluspunten

Software very perfect with great features and quality storage. works best in project management. Basecamp is affordable.

Minpunten

Personally everything about the app is perfect.

Paul
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

I always come back to Basecamp

Beoordeeld op 30/7/2021

We have three sites. What Basecamp has provided is the unification of messages and tasks across all sites. It has added transparency that is invaluable to all of our team. We can keep important documents. Onboarding videos and other useful information. No more scraps of paper or post-it notes on peoples desks. It provides real accountability for everyone on the team. So simple to use which means 100% user adoption. Everyone loves Basecamp and we have tried every PM software out there. Basecamp is the best in the business!

Pluspunten

When you first start using basecamp, two things strike you the most. It’s clean super tight interface and the lack of some common functions. I see both of these things as a positive. This might seem odd but you soon realise that the makers at Basecamp are uncompromising in their relentless pursuit of keeping you efficient. No bloat. No complication. These all adds up to adoption by the whole team. Which for me is the most important thing. You can have a perfect project management system, but if no one uses it. It’s useless. Basecamp’s gets everything on the same page.

Minpunten

I would love the app to give you persistent reminders for tasks! Snooze for 5 mins etc.

monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

It had everything we needed and nothing we didn't.
Clayton

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Hands-down my favorite project management software

Beoordeeld op 25/2/2020

I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done. It has replaced about three other apps (including Slack) for our team. In Basecamp communication is now centered on getting things done and improving our products versus just chatting. There is an ideology to understand when using Basecamp but if you can adopt that you will be more productive and less stressed about getting work done.

Pluspunten

Very affordable especially considering how many other solutions it replaces. Very clean minimal interface that gets out of your way and lets you get work done. Very fast and reliable. The mobile app is fantastic as well.

Minpunten

There is a little bit of a learning curve with the single page interface but that is be design.

Trello en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

We needed a new system that was focused on action and not just words. A single source of truth.

Slack

Ideology and price.
Michael
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp is the best tool for simple to do list.

Beoordeeld op 24/2/2022

I have left basecamp and went to Teamwork.com, after a while, returned to basecamp. I have left basecamp and went to Monday.com, after a while returned to basecamp. That shouls tell you something.

Pluspunten

I think the simplicity of basecamp is wonderful. Almost everyone can ue basecamp, take a new user and throw them into Monday.com or TeamWork.com and they will get lost and faiil. But with Basecamp, it is so easy and intuitive, everyone succeeds!

Minpunten

Reporting especially email reporting is very weak. also, printing can be improved greratly.

Teamwork en monday.com

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

i usually swith back and forth due to nature of the project.

Teamwork en monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

i have went back and forth. today, i choose the task manager based upon the project that i am managing.
Kevin
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Basecamp for Teams

Beoordeeld op 18/5/2021

We have started and completed close to 150 projects in Basecamp; crossing every department in our organization. It has helped us keep people informed, keep tasks on target, and complete projects in a timely and efficient manner. Their help system is very detailed. It seems like most reviewers just can not find it. https://3.basecamp-help.com/

We are very pleased with the product, but we want to see more enhancements coming, and more often. The product desperately needs sublists, priorities, milestones, and very tight integration with Office 365.

We would also like to see the use of templates. Anything from planning a canoe trip to launching a new retail store would be very helpful.

Overall, it is a great product, but we may outgrow it if enhancements are not added.

If some of these features do not come soon, it may drive long-standing customers away from the product.

Pluspunten

We have been using Basecamp for 7 years now. What we liked at first was the simple design and speed at which you can learn the product. You can be up, running and have a project underway in less than 10 minutes. It checked all the boxes initially. Simple to use, ability to create project groups and associated tasks, assign users, and dates, and attach files. In Basecamp 3 they added grouped tasks within the parent list, and the ability to assign multiple people to a single task.

Minpunten

Basecamp needs sublists, priorities, and milstones. They also need to build a native integration completely into Office 365. Instead of fighting it, embrace Office 365 Sharepoint, Onedrive, and Teams.

Chuck
  • Sector: Religieuze instellingen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp is irreplaceable! Trust me, we actually tried too Lol!

Beoordeeld op 11/2/2021

We use base camp for each department. Every team has their own project. Within each project is every teams important training documents documents, files, and weekly tasks. We use the ping feature for group messages. It has made file sharing very easy. Many of our documents have to be referenced by several different at various times throughout the year. Basecamp makes it simple to keep up with these documents.

Pluspunten

Basecamp has been an amazing product for us for years now! It allows us to manage projects in events by keeping to do lists, files, and instructions all in one place.The team I manage uses it to assign tasks, communicate between team members and keep up with conversations so we can reference them later, and , keep track of files and receipts. Every document and system that our team members need access to can be attained in one place. There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it.

Minpunten

There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it. There are really only two things that I dislike about Basecamp but I’ve learned to live with them for now. 1.). There is a great variety of ways to send communication. You can send a ping (which is kind of like an instant message), You can make a comment on the general message board of each project, you can comment on the calendar item, you can comment on the task item itself, and you can comment on individual files you add. At first it seems real handy but once you start adding multiple projects it can sometimes be difficult to go back and figure out where a conversation happened. Thankfully the search icon works rather well in these instances but not always. The way we have gotten around this is to make sure our Team is clearly instructed on what features we will use to communicate various kinds of information. 2.) there is a feature called haystack. This functions as your personal inbox letting you know what due dates are approaching, what tasks were recently assigned, and what conversations have happened recently that you need to be part of. However, once you click on an item it disappears immediately from your inbox. So when you see something important, you need to respond or add a personal to do immediately. I wish it didn’t delete until you told it to delete like a normal email inbox. This way you could come back to the message and deal with it at a better time.

Daniel
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

(BC3) A friendly project management tool

Beoordeeld op 24/7/2019

Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Pluspunten

The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage)
Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Minpunten

As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome.
It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

ActiveCollab

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

We didnt want to deal with self hosting and we had used the older version of Basecamp. It was also priced competatively
Kristen

Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos

Beoordeeld op 31/3/2020

Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless.

Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Pluspunten

The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners.

As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Minpunten

The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

Maryellen
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

For managing details and timelines for complex projects

Beoordeeld op 13/2/2019

I am a fundraiser, and often - OFTEN - have several big fundraising projects in preparation at the same time. Before Basecamp, it was a nightmare to keep all of the details for each event separate and clear, without dropping the ball on some important responsibilities. Unfortunately, failing to take care of an important detail on any of these events can be devastating, so I could barely sleep because of the stress of worrying about where I was on each project. Also, since I often use some of the same vendors (caterers, tent rental, hotel space) it was hard to remember if I had talked to them about each individual event, and had all of my facts straight for each individual event. Basecamp makes it possible to track each and every event carefully, set up connecting emails to keep everyone informed, and makes it very easy to set deadlines, timers, and reminders for every important goal and part of the event. It took an entire weekend to set up all of the lists, timelines, and connections needed within Basecamp for the eight complex fundraising events I had on my calendar when I first set up in Basecamp. But after that weekend, I slept better than I had in months because everything was organized, I could see in a few seconds exactly what was on my "To-do" list for each day, each week, and up until the day or the event, as well as what I was waiting for from anyone else. This program is certainly an expense. But it gave me incredible peace of mind.

Pluspunten

It is so well integrated. For example, taking one action will also notify several team members who need to know about that action without me having to send numerous emails. The software makes it possible to track several or many projects with dozens of people without losing a step or forgetting anything.

Minpunten

A bit of a learning curve to get started, but technical support is good, and the program quickly becomes intuitive.

The other members of your team - not only your staff, but your client - must also be willing to learn Basecamp. On the other hand, once they do, they will love it - and you!

• Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

It is a very collaborative tool, for organizes projects in a simple and effective way. Its...

Beoordeeld op 14/3/2018

I have found many benefits when using and implementing this tool in our team:

- Speed in my management and organization of projects

- Efficiency in the coordination of processes

- Security to use it in my mobile device

- Real order in our work

- Improvement of our routine in internal processes

- Improvement in the performance of our equipment

- Unification of all the professionals of the company in the same project

- For a small company like ours, a great cost - quality ratio

- Interaction with our customers

- Simple to use even when someone is traveling

They have implemented a very useful tool, which is the Daily Progress, very useful to review the events that have taken place in your projects over time

Another benefit obtained thanks to the BaseCamp tool is that all our consultants have been able to use it, even people not very adept at the technology, they can use it very efficiently and simply BaseCamp

We benefit from the TimeLine of the tool, because we can explain the progress of a project to our clients. The balance of failures and successes are other benefits

The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp

In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system. What do we find in this tool?

We benefit from online collaborative work. And it continues to evolve over time

We benefit from online collaborative work. We have the support that all conversations, requirements and shared files are stored on the platform. In this way we can always endorse the agreements, requests ,deliveries

It has facilitated the monitoring of the work and the counting of hours of work of each professional, something very important for the internal management of the projects.

In our experience, it has worked so well that it is already. So, Thanks fos that BaseCamp

Pluspunten

I really like the ease of use that this tool has. Practically no more experience or tutorials are needed to learn how to use it. The internal chat is a great advantage, very nice. It is also an excellent option that allows teamwork and solve management problems quickly

Minpunten

The main disadvantage is that the client must understand the use very well, but generates prizes almost automatically. Especially for the client respect the threads of conversation. Another point against is that the platform only works online, so you can not advance in jobs when there is no connection

Kim
  • Sector: Bankwezen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Fixed our team!

Beoordeeld op 25/10/2020

This program solves our disorganization and order of operations issues we were having.

Pluspunten

I think the most impactful part of the program is that now everything is in one place and everything is accountable for I'm bored. You no longer have to worry if you directed someone to do something and if they completed or not. This now helps to get everything organized and in order as if there was an employee they're performing all of the work.

Minpunten

I haven't done anything that we liked least about it yet play the but we do like the improvements because we had tried it a few years ago and it didn't work as well as it does now for our company.

Dayforce HCM

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

We saw a review online for this program

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

The reviews for this and the price.
yogendra kumar
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Basecamp is an online collaboration app.It is Very user friendly Project management software.

Beoordeeld op 8/11/2017

One unique feature in Basecamp is Automatic Check-ins. Automatic Check-ins ask team members to essentially submit a short report answering a question, like "What are your priorities this week?" or "How many attendees have enrolled in the conference so far?" on a recurring basis that you (or the team lead) enters. The options are highly customizable, so you can ask the same question every Friday in the afternoon, or every Tuesday and Thursday at exactly 9:15 a.m.whatever you like.

In addition to the display of cards for various team and project spaces, the Basecamp dashboard also has links to My Stuff: My Assignments, My Bookmarks, My Schedule, and so forth. I like that you can get to a consolidated list of My Stuff from the dashboard, but again, I'd rather be able to see it right then and there. A few customizable widgets would go a long way to making Basecamp's dashboard a more productive interface.

Pluspunten

It has very simple interface so I can easky understand.Graphics of this software is too good.It is effective software to manage projects.Take less effort to setup this software.I like that Basecamp takes mere minutes to set up. On-screen tutorials walk you through the process with clear and concise pointers. During the setup, Basecamp suggests things you might need to add to your account, such as an upcoming event or project, as well as any documents or task lists associated with it.One unique feature in Basecamp is Automatic Check-ins. Automatic Check-ins ask team members to essentially submit a short report answering a question, like "What are your priorities this week?" or "How many attendees have enrolled in the conference so far?" on a recurring basis that you (or the team lead) enters. The options are highly customizable, so you can ask the same question every Friday in the afternoon, or every Tuesday and Thursday at exactly 9:15 a.m. whatever you like.

Minpunten

Basecamp offers several ways for people to collaborate with one another. Within each team or project are a message board, task list, schedule (for events), and place to upload shared files. While the message board helps for keeping track of ongoing notes and conversations about the overview of a project, you might also need to ask colleagues more pointed or more general questions that don't belong on the board for all to see. For that, there's Campfire, Basecamp's chat room.

Kamila

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great for client management and projects

Beoordeeld op 16/1/2019

It helps us keep the communication with clients in one place versus using email which is helpful. I wish they had a free version though. I like the style and branding of the app, but if I wasn't using it for client work I doubt I'd be using it for my own projects.

Pluspunten

- The interface is fun to navigate, it's just pleasant to look at. I like all the little buttons, the way that the check marks are designed, it's fun to comment and check things off. I'm a big nerd when it comes to the actual enjoyment of a platform. The brand is on point.
- I like that you can set up different sections for todo's versus having them all be in place. It's also helpful to have a separate files section and discussions section for things not related to specific to-do's although we do rarely use them with my clients.
- I see they have an option to use Clientside where the client doesn't get to see all the things in Basecamp, and they can still use email primarily when it comes to the communication. I personally don't use this option and we just have the client in their own Basecamp but it's a great option for folks if they don't want their clients IN the actual project.
- It's easy to attach images, write quick comments, and send pings to team members.

Minpunten

- The price point, it's obviously not a free option like Trello or others and it is the same in terms of quality as those two except for the design and having clients in there.
- It can get confusing for the client. They don't know where to go.
- Sometimes we don't know where to write things, there are too many options for communication and discussion which makes the organization of our conversations a bit trickier to manage.
- I wish it was possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines for each task, like a gantt chart or something. I feel like Asana has more options when it comes to all of that and it's easier to organize things.

Ross
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

The Best "Pick Up and Get Going" Task Manager

Beoordeeld op 9/12/2018

Basecamp is where we keep all of our assignments and initiatives, and we've become diligent about not letting any lists or to-dos creep outside the system. This relies heavily on managing the project list carefully and making sure everything has its place. There are not guide-rails to keep you from placing a task in the "wrong" place - fortunately you can move tasks all around if someone puts something in an incorrect place. It's important that you define what Projects exist and create a framework for where assignments should go. A frequent complaint we hear around the office is "I don't know where to put this" so it's important that you outline your project structure and communicate it clearly. If you can nominate a gate-keeper to watch over the system organization, Basecamp can be a very effective way to manage all assignments across an organization and allow people to simply see what's due, when, with ease.

Pluspunten

Basecamp requires very little setup and there are very few barriers to overcome to get in and start making projects and tasks. It can very very scalable in terms of users and project count, and it's approach to To-do Lists and Tasks makes project organization fairly straight-forward. At it's core, making tasks is as easy as choosing a place to put them, naming them, and assigning them. With simple reports, users can view their tasks across all projects and start tackling them. If you want to take things a little bit deeper, you can assign mutiple people to tasks, set due dates, and loop other people into the tasks for conversations.

Minpunten

Basecamp still has some key missing features that create workflow issues every now and then. You can create recurring events, but not recurring to-dos. So, for example, if you want to create a "Close Accounting Books" to-do and assign it to a user to be finished each month by the 15th, there is not currently support for that. There's also no built-in gannt views, although they continue to innovate project management with new simpler ideas such as the "Hill Chart" which i'm a fan of. A lot of the lack of complex features comes from their desire to carefully curate features to keep the application from ballooning into a beast that's unwieldy and hard to learn.

Daniel
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Basecamp - for small and (some) medium-sized projects

Beoordeeld op 15/1/2021

I use Basecamp to manage part of my projects. It helps me to keep in better connection with my clients and the members of the team.

I think it is well suited for small and maybe medium-sized projects. It’s reliable and effective at keeping everything organized as long as your teams will have less than 20 members.

But if you’re taking into consideration to use Basecamp, you must also evaluate the complexity of the project and the need of communication between members.

Sometimes the conversation will become hard to follow because everything is put together, and after a while it’s difficult to keep track of it.

We also use the document management and sharing feature to organize project files. Number of emails between team members and/or client dropped after starting using Basecamp.

In fact, you can use Basecamp entirely as a communication platform to organize and keep in touch with your clients. Basecamp consolidates all messages with the client in one place. If the projects are for external clients you can add them to your project and choose only certain resources that they can have access to.

Pluspunten

Basecamp has a very easy to use and intuitive interface. Managing and supervising projects is clean and efficient.
It allows us to share only certain resources with the client.
Groups allow team members to collaborate and share resources.
Members can communicate real-time with the chat or direct messages(pings) or by posting on messages board.
I can dismiss questions or responses if inadequate for the group.
We’re able to set a responsible and set deadlines for tasks.
I can quickly see the tasks we still need to do.
I like how I can have all communication with the client in one place. We don’t need to communicate by emails so often.
Calendar will tell us the time spent and the deadline of the projects.
You can define project hierarchies to break down projects and make them more manageable.
Sometimes I need to share something with a person who’s not on the team; for this I can create a public share link.
We can use templates to speed up the creation of similar projects.

Minpunten

There is no plan between Free and Business (99USD/month).
Grouping and following longer discussions is not that easy.
I would like to have the possibility to delete files in bulk.
The calendar is just basic, it lacks many features like exporting or syncing with external apps/tools.
I think there are too many email notifications.
I would like to correct or edit online an already uploaded document.
If you want to change the design after your company branding, don't expect that from Basecamp.
I miss a standard feature to prioritize the tasks so we can drop out our custom conventions.