Semrush

4,7 (2.013)
SaaS-platform voor beheer van online zichtbaarheid en contentmarketing

(2.013)

Elsemieke
  • Sector: Consumentenelektronica
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Handige en gebruiksvriendelijke tool met veel mogelijkheden

Beoordeeld op 10/10/2022

Pluspunten

De zoekwoordentool is erg gebruiksvriendelijk. Je kan eenvoudig je zoekwoorden controleren, nieuwe zoekwoordideeën opzoeken en ze toevoegen aan rapportages.
Ook de hulptool om geschreven teksten te optimaliseren is erg handig, zodat je eenvoudig kan zien waar verbeterpunten liggen.

Minpunten

Vanwege kosten is het wel goed om hier dagelijks of wekelijks gebruik van te maken.

Brooks

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Truly an all-in-one digital marketing platform

Beoordeeld op 20/11/2019

We use SEMRush to for SEO research, competitive analysis, content marketing, and some for PPC as well. The insights are incredible, and it has changed the game for our own marketing as well as our clients'. It's all-around a great tool.

Pluspunten

A ton, but my favorite is probably the content marketing toolset. SEMRush provides topic research, keyword research, a writing assistant, and much more. The suite of SEO tools is incredible as well: site audits, keyword research, gap analyses, backlink analytics, and keyword tracking. You are able to set up projects, receive notifications, report to clients, and more. I love SEMRush.

Minpunten

The only thing I don't love about SEMRush are their traffic predictions. As a smaller business, I find they're often very misleading and inaccurate. I imagine they're more accurate for larger sites. You also don't get API Access on the Guru plan – only business. I understand why, but I'd love to have access to API credits regardless my plan.

Redenen om voor Semrush te kiezen

Though we loved Moz, SEMRush just provided a larger toolset and ultimately allowed us to save money. We at the time also switched because Moz's link database was pretty small – but they've since updated.

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

Again, for the entire suite of tools. I believe since out purchase, Ahrefs has added to their toolset as well.
Jay

Freelancer Semrush Review

Beoordeeld op 11/1/2023

The interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate. I consider it a powerful tool for SEO/keyword research. I would be hard to do my job without it.

Pluspunten

Semrush is a powerful and feature-rich tool for SEO and online marketing, It's certainly not a beginner level tool and comes with a bit of a learning curve. However, the interface is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. One of the advantages of Semrush is that it offers a wide variety of tutorials, guides and webinars to help you better understand how to use the tool

Minpunten

Semrush is not free and can be quite expensive, especially for small businesses or freelancers on a budget. They have different pricing plans with different levels of access to the features and limit of keywords/domains to track among other things, which can make it difficult to justify the cost for some users. As mentioned before, it can take some time to learn how to use all of the features and make the most of the tool.

Soubhik
  • Sector: Online media

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Not customer friendly, limited usability

Beoordeeld op 8/11/2022

Good features, but pathetic policies and robbing people by suspending account when you've already paid for it? Downright cheating.

Pluspunten

Good data insights on keywords and on competitive intelligence. Easy to crawl websites with the SEMRush search crawler and perform site audits as needed, and SEMRush offers considerably more pages per audit to search compared to some of its competitors. Easy to sort out keywords as needed as well, and extra functionality like on-page SEO checkers make this a good on-page SEO tool as well.

Minpunten

What's the use of offering 500 on-page credits a month, content gap analysis, keyword tracking and so many more features - if you can't use any of them? While SEMRush does tier stacking, and offers more features if you go to their Pro plan or the Guru plan. What it does not? Offer enough time for you to use it.Even if someone logs out from one PC and logs in to the account from another, SEMRush disables your account. It's not possible for a single person to work and access all the features given, and yet, even if you don't have multiple working at the same time, they want you to pay extra for every laptop that gets logged in. It's not like we had multiple people working together. SEMRush doesn't allow even two people at different time slots to log in and work.WOW! And that's not all - they disable the account that you paid for, for policy violations if you dont. Unethical, and corrupt.

WebCEO en Ahrefs

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

Seemed more comprehensive range of features.

Antwoord van Semrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Soubhik, thanks for your review! We want our software to be accessible to all, which is why we offer the free plan; we're glad you're able to leverage it for your business!
Collecting and filtering the data for all of our tools comes at a high cost to us, especially when we offer the most accurate data on the market! We've competitively priced ourselves in the market based on the accuracy and amount of data across our 55+ tools. Our team would be happy to talk with you more about your options to join our paid plans to increase your limits and tool access!
In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login. Otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorized access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.
Hope this helps!

Mauricio
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

The most complete SEO tool on the market right now

Beoordeeld op 8/11/2022

After using Semrush I've tried a few more similar platforms but really there's nothing like it. One of the best things of Semrush it's the Keyword Magic Tool, it's very fast, easy to use, easy to understand and above all you got a bigger database of keywords than what other platforms offer.

Pluspunten

Semrush has ALL the data and tools that you need in order to rank your pages, it even helps you with social media or the local packages. Also they're implementing new tools each year and improving the "old" ones.

Minpunten

The only possible con that Semrush could have is on their pricing, if you want all the tools avaible to you then it's gonna cost you a lot, but in the end thats the price for the most professional and complete SEO/SEM platform, it's worth it if you have the money.

Ahrefs

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

Semrush looks more complete for all the needs of our projects (e.g. it includes the Social Media Marketing tool).
Tuan
  • Sector: Groothandel

Powerful tool for marketer

Beoordeeld op 24/11/2022

Improving our website experience a lot, our sales are going up and we are really happy about that. Hopefully more useful features are provided so we don't have to compare which tools are better than others

Pluspunten

I am able to analyze and customize our site to meet the requirements so we can attract more customers. searching for SEO keywords with a review is the best option.

Minpunten

Compared with Ahrafs, Samrush should have options that can interface directly with the page that we work on instead of jumping back and forth between tabs.

Chris
  • Sector: Computersoftware

The best SEO tool

Beoordeeld op 5/1/2023

I makes it easier for me to do my personal SEO

Pluspunten

I like it because it is easy to use and help me a lot

Minpunten

90 percent of the website doesn't have emails it can be better if there is an option to filter

Donna
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the best, if not the best keyword research tools.

Beoordeeld op 4/1/2023

Pretty great. Accurate and easy to use. Helps with SEO and ranking.

Pluspunten

Allows me to find relative keywords that I can rank for, and it allows me to analyze my competition.

Minpunten

Pricey, it would be nice if you could have a cheaper version for those of us that do not use every tool in it's shed.

Kishan
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

All in One SEO software for Everyone

Beoordeeld op 11/1/2023

Overall experience with SEMRush is Good. It helps me a lot in online marketing and SEO of the websiteS

Pluspunten

I like many features of this SEO software. But the most important is it's competitive Research section tools which includes domain overview, organic research, backlink and keyword gap etc

Minpunten

Not A major dislike at the moment. Yes, it's an advance SEO Tool so someone may feel little hard to understand it's working and uses

Anja
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Excellent tool

Beoordeeld op 14/12/2022

Pluspunten

In-depth analysis of almost anything you can imagine.

Minpunten

There's so many features that it's easy to get lost and lose focus.

Blessy
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching
  • Maandelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Website management tool

Pluspunten

It helps identify website optimisation opportunities and pinpoints issues accurately

Minpunten

After the a point the free version is no longer beneficial

Manny

All-in-One Digital Landscape Research & Analysis

Beoordeeld op 12/10/2020

We have a great dedicted rep who is always checking-in to make sure we have what we need and are using the latest tools, promos and taking advantage of the software.

SEMRush has become a vital need to all of our projects. It used from the discovery phase all the way to maintenance and reporting.

Pluspunten

The ability to connect one domain and be able to select and add multiple tools, analysis and audits with one click. It covers from an SEO Audit down to a Competitor Insights. It is a powerful tool. Saves time and effort.

Minpunten

Compared to other tools, SEMRush requires a level of technical understanding and familiarity with their tools. Sometimes all the information gathered could be confusioning for new users.

Redenen om voor Semrush te kiezen

SEMRush has more information and better tools.

Moz Pro, Ahrefs, Nightwatch en SpyFu

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

Because it has what needed and much more.
Eric
  • Sector: Automotive

SEMrush is a must-have

Beoordeeld op 27/4/2022

The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Pluspunten

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

Minpunten

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help)
- An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization)
- Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

Antwoord van Semrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

Susan

Great Product for SEO

Beoordeeld op 12/10/2020

Overall it is great and the software is really excacly what I need for doing my SEO work. . The support is awesome they get back to you quickly and are always ready to assist with any issues. Overall I say this the perfect software for SEO.

Pluspunten

I like how easy it is to use, it makes my job much easier. I am able to get the info quickly send to trello for the team to work on some items and it's great for giving me ideas for keywords, content and article writing.

Minpunten

My only con for this item is the AMP and needing to have the highest plan to access the amp info. I am on the mid tier and I can't access the pages with Amp errors. Since AMP is so important right now I would think that info would start at the mid-tier level.

Redenen om voor Semrush te kiezen

I just felt SEMRush was easier to use, give me what I am looking for and has useful suggestions.

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

I like the UI better and the information that was provided. I had a hard time getting around the other software.
Stuart

A Comprehensive SEO Solution

Beoordeeld op 29/5/2020

My clients expect me to sustain and / or improve their ranking in organic search. With SEMrush, I am able to see what's working and what's not, and make appropriate adaptations to strategy and tactics.

Pluspunten

I use back link gap and keyword gap analyses regularly as I optimize client content and link profiles. The content writing tool suite is also excellent. This capability goes well beyond simple suggestions of content length, keyword density, and readability. Instead, offers insights from the best ranking content with which you will be competing. I was able to eliminate a subscription to a point solution that offered similar insights.

Minpunten

SEMrush evolves rapidly, so expect to travel a learning curve regularly, as features mature and integrations become more comprehensive. That said, the customer service team is easily accessed and will work with you to explain the sometimes surprising nuances or curious behaviors of some of the tools.

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

At the time I selected SEMrush, I liked the pricing and interface better than Moz and Ahrefs. SpyFu was not sufficiently developed, but has matured nicely. At this point, given my familiarity with SEMrush and how they do things, I would be unlikely to switch.

Antwoord van SEMrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi, Stuart! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are really happy to know that you had such a great experience with our team and tool!

Steven

SEMRush Rocks

Beoordeeld op 17/1/2022

Overall, I am happy and have found many uses for this software. I want better reporting for the nearly $230/month our small company pays though.

Pluspunten

Support on the Rep side, instant data points with a single click, simple reporting

Minpunten

Some features have been removed with the price changes, mainly in the reporting section - Reporting is important in my industry and SEMRush has removed many of the options here for small business to take advantage of your reporting services due to the price point being too high on the "next level up."

Ahrefs

Redenen om voor Semrush te kiezen

Raven's reporting began to falter in places we needed it to become more robust for our clients, becoming more difficult overall.

Raven Tools

I can rely on the Google Data and compare in GA easily for tracking issues
Steve

Best Product for Everything Related to SEM

Beoordeeld op 12/10/2020

SEMrush has definitely allowed me to be more efficient with my work and took my company to the next level. I can do everything in one "stop". Research, tracking, reporting and more, all rolled into one.

Pluspunten

Everything we need is in one place, I don't have to bounce around to different programs for different purposes. There are improvements and new features added all the time. The few times I've had a problem or question, support is very quick to answer/resolve it and then follow up a week later to make sure everything's working as it should.

Minpunten

I can't think of any cons, it just works as advertised.

Redenen om voor Semrush te kiezen

Raventools was lacking many of the tools I required as my business grew.

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

I tried the free trial, then the least expensive package for over a year before I found that I was using it more than any other SEM program I was trialing/paying to use. It just made sense to upgrade and get rid of the others.

Antwoord van SEMrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Steve, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Chad

My Go To Analytics Tool

Beoordeeld op 9/6/2020

SEMrush is one of my essential tools needed to perform my job. Without it's vital data and information, I wouldn't be able to provide the excellent service my clients expect and would not be able to improve their website.

Pluspunten

I enjoy a variety of features that SEMrush provides me. Domain analytics reports are incredibly useful to me in my role as an SEO link builder so that I know the sites I'm gaining backlinks from are trafficked. Keyword Analytics help me determine how well my clients are doing for their Keywords while also providing ideas for new content to capture new Keywords. Lastly, the projects section offers tons of technical SEO information on my clients' individual sites so that I can ensure their continued health.

Minpunten

The only thing about SEMrush that I don't like is that it's honestly TOO MUCH information. I really need to enroll in their academy so that I can learn more about all the tools at my disposal

Antwoord van SEMrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Chad, thank you for this great feedback and for this amazing review of our tool.

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best comprehensive SEO tools for your digital marketing needs

Beoordeeld op 27/8/2019

We have learned a lot about our client's website traffic and how to better understand customer engagement using proper keywords to target for each respective industry. With the help of some of the SEMRush keyword tools, we were able to find and write about various related keywords to place within our client websites which in turn generated more traffic conversions.

Google Ads analysis and keyword competition provides insight on how to create a niche for our clients. Not to mention, spying on competing businesses and their estimated Google Ad spend. We've managed to address ad optimization for stronger performance.

SEMRush seems to be continuing to improve the product. For example, the On Page SEO Checker provides detailed analysis on additional keyword word usage and phrase usage to help improve pages. Although it is not perfect, it is definitely being improved and helps provide guidance.

Pluspunten

- In depth backlink analysis reports and tracking on domains
- Top notch keyword selection tools (keyword magic tool) for keyword analysis, volume and suggested or related words
- Daily & weekly domain and search position monitoring
- Provides enhanced traffic metrics which provides insight on spikes of traffic during specific timeframes

Minpunten

Starting off, the tools and analytics can be very cumbersome to understand. The tools take some getting used to and testing with to grasp a good understand of how to analyze website traffic, data and keywords.

Serpstat, Moz Pro en Ahrefs

Serpstat, Moz Pro en Ahrefs

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

Our business was set out to find the best tools for our match our digital marketing service offerings. Through multiple trial periods across various softwares, we narrowed down to SEMRush providing the best tools for our services being offered. From website audits, keyword rank and tracking and SEO performance metrics we wanted to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions to help with their business website needs.
Tarunabh
  • Sector: (Bioscoop)films
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

My favourite SEO Research Tool

Beoordeeld op 12/10/2020

SEMrush has all the features built-in, that are required for a proper professional level SEO research. Although the general opinion is that Ahrefs is better than SEMrush, but personally, I have found SEMrush to be the best suited for my keyword and SEO optimized content research. The layout and interface is neat and when I tried the app, for the first time, it hardly took me five minutes to understand the navigation and features, and I could immediately get down to my research work. SEMrush enables me to tremendous amount of research work, within a very short span, with impressive accuracy and very reliable result data. If anyone can afford SEMrush subscription, then there's no need to look any further for other tools.

Pluspunten

My favorite feature of SEMrush is the ability to export SEO Research Reports in PDF format, neatly arranged in a professionally presentable format, that can also be archived and stored for reading and detailed research later on, because SEMrush can generate thousands of very accurate results.
The Domain level organic SEO Research reveals very crucial information of any competitor's or personal domain - including very detailed and vital information like all the active backlinks, anchor keywords, trends, competitors' web pages and urls, and all ranking and top keywords from any given website. The Keyword research has one of the best performance, my favorite being the Keyword Magic tool that enables me to build a whole research campaign surrounding any given keyword with related keywords, phrase match, related questions, and so on. The SEO Content template tool is sufficient for doing any type of content writing and along with the Topic Research Tool, pretty much covers all aspects of building a professional SEO-friendly content around any topic and niche.

Minpunten

The prices are ridiculously high and even if you pay high fees for the Pro plan, you still cannot access to certain important features.
So it's not an affordable solution for individuals.
Apart from the high price, there is hardly any fault with this tool.

Antwoord van SEMrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Tarunabh, thank you for you review and your feedback on our pricing model! It is very appreciated!

Janet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

SEMrush is great for beginners to advanced SEO team members!

Beoordeeld op 12/10/2020

Overall, I've been very happy with SEMrush as an administrator and user. I always feel supported by SEMrush, which is great for a 1-person SEO team!

Pluspunten

I love ALL the trainings, webinars and resources, they not only make the software easy to use, but teaches me new things about SEO. The tool is already pretty easy to use too! I love how I can make notations and change statuses in the tool to track progress. Support team is awesome! Price is simply great too.

Minpunten

If you're brand new to SEO, the functions and features may be a bit hard to use, you'll need to rely on the training videos, courses and all the resources, but they'll take care of you.

Redenen om over te stappen op Semrush

SEMrush was the best price with all the features we needed. We're a small business and needed to keep to a strict budget. Plus the reviews were great!

Antwoord van SEMrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Janet, thank you so much for your awesome review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Rania

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Maximize your online visibility with the greatest end-to-end SEO, SEM, and SMM platform.

Beoordeeld op 8/7/2022

We have saved an incredible amount of hours since the day I started to use Semrush, It provides us with all of the statistical data we really need to maximize our search engine visibility and to achieve the highest results in our PPC campaigns and paid advertising across search engines and social media marketing too. I cannot imagine how search engine marketers used to work without the information and statistics we collect from Semrush and websites like it, since Google doesn't provide us with enough information. I consider Semrush the most important factor in driving thousands and even millions of visitors to your website every day, and to escalating exponential online growth and traffic maximization to boost organic rankings, sales, social shares/mentions, and digital engagement.

Pluspunten

Semrush is my favourite end-to-end SEO platform with a comprehensive end-to-end feature-rich toolset to fulfil your SEO, SEM, and SMM. Some of the greatest Pros of Semrush and the reason why I really appreciate their efforts and that I never needed to switch to an alternative is because it has the most powerful tools for keyword research, competitive intelligence, link-building, organic position tracking, and prospecting high domain-authority websites for a potential digital PR opportunity to build and maintain a strong online reputation through link-building to drive more traffic and achieve broader brand-awareness. I have been implementing Semrush for my clients for over 4 years and since that day until now, while new services come and go, nothing has been as comprehensive as Semrush and no other tool has the deep analysis and the insightful reporting capabilities it has. I cannot explain the great, exceptional results I've achieved for my clients during the past four years by only using Semrush.

Minpunten

One critical issue I have been facing with Semrush for 4 years, since day one, until now, is the lack of an Arabic database for the Middle East region. This is a huge mistake by them, and I don't understand how come they still didn't take any action regarding it. This leads me to use another tool from their rivals for our Middle Eastern clients with no international presence strategy. One another super annoying bug that most of the people I invited to Semrush have mentioned, including my existing clients, is when trying to sign-up for the trial and the payment keeps failing until he decides to purchase, then it works! I mentioned this bug to them one year ago, but until now it was still happening.

Antwoord van Semrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We are grateful to be an essential part of your marketing strategies, Rania! As always, we appreciate your feedback about our Arabic databases.
With a tool as large as ours, our development team backlog adds up quickly. We will ensure to share your feedback with them to put a little more steam behind it. Wishing you the best!

Calin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

I've used this in a few different positions working on a wide range of SEO campaigns.

Beoordeeld op 30/5/2018

It really is a great one-stop-shop for all your SEO and PPC tools which is fantastic. So if you're looking for an easy package to cover most all of your digital marketing needs then this is really about the best that you can do.

Pluspunten

This is about the best all-around SEO software that you can find. It does a good job at about everything and doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. The competitive analysis is really the best reason to buy the software, it's comprehensive and gives you a good look at potential competitors. There are always new features being added and tested which is fantastic and gives the software good value. Some features are better than others, but the audit and competitive analysis really are fantastic. I've used the software in various forms including Business, Guru and free. The free version gives you a taste, but the full experience is generally worth the money. Guru is worth the extra money over Pro as it gives you branded reports and the ability to manage quite a few more projects. Exports and reoccurring reports are very nice and simple to set up.

Overall, this is a great tool for SEO and PPC campaigns. If you need an all-in-one type software solution then I would recommend SEMrush as it's probably the most well-rounded tool you can find.

Minpunten

If you're looking for rank tracking then I'd suggest looking elsewhere, it's a little wonky and not as easy to use as other rank tracking solutions. However, if you don't want to buy multiple pieces of software then the rank tracker will get the job done. The software is kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none'; so you'll be able to get by with just this as your main piece of software, but if you want something a little more specialized then you should probably look elsewhere. You might end up not using a lot of the tools because there is so much to explore, but most of the tools that are there are pretty valuable. Other than that, some of the reports need some extra interpretation if you are going to present them to a client which isn't optimal but is understandable.

Laura
  • Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

Comprehensive & reliable SEO tool

Pluspunten

It's a great tool for doing keyword research and for tracking keyword visibility across a number of projects. This is the main reason why we are using this product, so that we can monitor and report on the evolution of our website's visibility across our targeted keywords.

Minpunten

1) I don't like the fact that even with the Business subscription, there's only one user that can access the software at one time. I think there should be at least 2 users added to the Business account.

2) In the Keyword research section, it would be good to see an actual trend of the keywords that are being displayed (not just a trend chart) and to see this trend displayed in percentages (e.g. 10% growth in search volume MoM)

3) In the SERP analysis section, it would be good to see the SERP exactly as it is shown in Google or other search engines, with meta titles, with featured snippets, with PPA boxes etc. The more detailed information we can have in the SERP section, the better.

4) In the Topic Research section, it would be useful to have the option to save cards and view them later

Antwoord van SEMrush Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Laura, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools. And thank you so much for the detailed feedback on the features - it is very appreciated and I will pass it to the teams!

Alex

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool

Beoordeeld op 19/12/2019

We can manage all of our clients from a central dashboard, receive reports when we want them and rarely ever need to step outside SEMrush to get actionable insights on SEO. Though you could argue one shouldn't put all the eggs in one basket with an SEO tool (and in certain cases you really can't), the alternative is to invest in other tools too, which begins to get ridiculously expensive and wasteful. However, a decent SEO expert will know where to go to provide a broader scope of analysis, and this CAN be achieved for free in many cases.

Ultimately, SEMrush is the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools; it does almost everything you could need, and they provide plenty of training through their Academy to get you used to it all. Time and patience with SEMrush now will save far more time in the future, and the subscription will certainly pay for itself many times over.

In fact, insights and actions we've been able to take using the data on SEMrush has led to us gaining more clients over the years, simply because an exisiting client has referred us on based on out success with them.

Learn the tools, and you won't be disappointed!

Pluspunten

- The sheer amount of power at your fingertips - there are tools for every need, whether you're an SEO or a marketer - the level of data is incredible.
- Their Keyword Magic Tool for finding related keywords has saved us countless hours of head-scratching.
- Excellent citation management - honestly, being able to update SERPs on SEMrush, then have those changes syndicated to all the major listings online is a huge time and headache saver! It's extra per client, per month (only $20), but it's worth every penny - it costs the client more in our time to do it all manually!
- Their auditing tools are second-to-none, whether it's backlinks, on-page SEO or tech SEO - their insights go deep and their suggestions on how to fix issues are extremely well explained
- Competitor analytics go hand-in-hand with their backlink building tools, suggesting the best sites to obtain quality backlinks from based on what your competitors are getting - again, hours and hours saved!

Minpunten

Only a couple, considering everything it does, but being picky:
- The price can mount up if you have a lot of clients and want to take advantage of all their tools (though the convenience should overcome most of this reservation)
- It takes some time to get used to - there's SO much on offer, that it can be a little overwhelming at first. It's easy to use, though because it's so powerful, finding everything can be tricky with so much going on sometimes