Slack

Eén enkele plek voor teamcommunicatie en werkstromen

(23.196)

Sorteren op

Sanskriti
Sanskriti

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision

Beoordeeld op 9/10/2020

We implement slack for inter-office communications. Slack made the communication possible and managing workflows was a lot easier. We often use slack for real-time messaging not, particularly for archives. Overall, slack has enhanced our business productivity, collaboration between project teams, and managed to provide streamlined communication.

Pluspunten

Slack was easy to use and implement at work. The web version of slack works completely fine. The slack interface is streamlined and ideal for business communication. We are able to replace emails at work and use communication on slack, which is quick and easy for project teams. The most significant thing I loved about Slack is, it can be integrated with other productivity, communication, and collaboration tools to make the work more streamlined and can be an optimum choice for automation and scripting.

Minpunten

The only downside to this application is its pricing. The standard plans lack most of the important features, so we thought of upgrading to Plus. Since the price is based on per person per month, we found the pricing for Plus too high. So, we had expected if the price could be pay-per-module, but that can’t be helped either.

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

Salesforce has lot of complexities at work and all we need is an easy and efficient tool to beat the performance. And we found Slack worthy of it.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Slack is easy to use and implement at work. Well, it has ability to integrate with lots of apps, and outruns all other alternative applications in performance.
  • Sector: E-learning

I LOVE Threads and Apps. Slackbot is my new best friend

Beoordeeld op 12/11/2023

Overall, absolutely love it. I have always been a preacher of adopting Slack at workplace

Pluspunten

I love the threads - they way collaborative messaging is arranged. Easy to manage and track in the future. I also love apps and slack bot to automate some stuff and communications

Minpunten

I feel it is a bit pricey for smaller size teams.

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Slack is any day much easier to use with all types of tools and products like GSuite, Google calendar etc.
Lavernea
  • Sector: Internet
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best for Team Collaboration and Communication

Beoordeeld op 1/4/2024

Pluspunten

I love how simple and easy it is to keep in touch with team members, stay on track, and make sure we are all on the same page.

Minpunten

I find that I need to reload Slack to receive new messages in the channel.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Slack : A very quick review

Beoordeeld op 15/5/2019

Slack improves correspondence among colleagues.

In spite of the fact that it doesnot supplant the...

Slack improves correspondence among colleagues.

In spite of the fact that it doesnot supplant the need of email yet yes it clearly reduces unnecessary inside messages

Slack stays a standout amongst the best group informing applications since it offers more than some other application in this classification.

For a variety of devices and platforms, Slack is available: mobile Mac, Windows, Linux, Web, Android, iOS, and Windows.
It is a cloud-based tool in real time, so you need an Internet connection to use it regardless of which app you have.

Pluspunten

What I truly like is to discover individuals and ping them and begin a transformation.

Most significant, you can share records, photographs, URL, gifs (Very significant), in a solitary spot.
Making joint effort simple and something to appreciate.

at the point when significant data is imparted to other application it gets lost and there is no record of it.

With the slack channel, the data is put away and can be utilized as references

Slack makes it workable for its clients to have numerous alternatives of getting informed.

The best component, as I would see it, is the place somebody can "@" you in a message or a post.

Below are some points which I least like in Slack:

Video calls are just bolstered in the work area applications and Slack for web in the Chrome program.

In the event that you join a call from a cell phone, you get sound as it were.

So also, screen sharing just works from the work area applications,

what's more, sharing control of screen sharing just works in the Mac and Window work area applications (not Linux).

From the web application in Chrome, you can watch on the off chance that another person utilizes screen sharing, yet you can't start it.

There is also no option for downloading conversations to create a hard copy record (for minutes of meeting, etc.).

No File Preview: If you could preview a document without downloading it first, it would be nice. But Slack does'nt have this feature.

Lee
  • Sector: Denktanks

much better than teams

Beoordeeld op 23/12/2023

Pluspunten

Generally really pleased with slack, both when working in the office full-time and when working remotely full-time. Makes it easier to informally check in with people without writing a whole email. Easy to set up new groups with different people, easy to add people from outside your organisation.

Minpunten

The social dynamics work much better internal to an organisation than in the open groups I'm in. Slack is excellent at what it does, but I do sometimes worry about the always on nature keeping me away from deep work.

Fedor
Fedor
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Standard chat app in IT companies

Beoordeeld op 26/8/2023

Pluspunten

In our company most of internal communication and support of key customers go through Slack. Slack Connect is a really great thing, especially because Slack reached network effect.

Minpunten

Lack of autocompletion using AI and advanced spell checking in messages.

Google Meet

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Threads, Slack Connect, Calls (they were pretty bad, but significantly improved), Screen sharing
Rob
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Excellent Chat Platform

Beoordeeld op 1/4/2024

Pluspunten

I like how easy it is to setup channels, share files, and make announcements.

Minpunten

Information retention time period is not long enough. Compression would be beneficial for archiving.

VAKHTANG
  • Sector: Administratie

Slack review

Beoordeeld op 5/4/2024

Overall Slack works great and simplifies my daily work.

Overall Slack works great and simplifies my daily work.

Pluspunten

Easy to use in everyday work. I Can sand files. I have access from my mobile phone.

Minpunten

Sometimes it freezes, but it happens not often.

Caroline
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Slack review

Beoordeeld op 21/2/2024

Pluspunten

I like the ability to be able to message instantly with live chat

Minpunten

The interface of slack is fairly confusing when you first start using it

Ketevani
  • Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

User Experience

Beoordeeld op 21/2/2024

Pluspunten

I like Slack's design, like colors and logo

Minpunten

It's not as easy as zoom or google meet to use

Heshani
Heshani
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Slack the best team communication software ever

Beoordeeld op 26/9/2019

We use slack in our office as the main communication app. We can connect with our overseas clients through slack so easily. As we can share rich media, we have everything in a single thread. And we have the ability to reply to the each message in the thread. Also we can delete unwanted messages. The best thing is we have set reminders for important tasks. So the overall experience is really nice and I am thankful to the slack developers.

Pluspunten

We can create channels for separate projects and same time me can send direct messages for each other company members.
We can share texts, images,videos, audios, gif files and any rich media with others
We can set reminders for our work and slack bit is going to remind us our work
We can integrate other software like Skype, Hangouts,Gmail and many applications to slack, so that we can receive all the notifications through slack.
We have search options, so that we can search for previous texts we sent someone or in a certain channel.
Also there is an option to switch the do not disturb mode on. In that time we are not getting notifications.
We can easily use the web, desktop and mobile application so we can access chat via any device.
Considering all the matters I love this app.

Minpunten

I experienced some issues while getting voice calls.
Also it saves a limited number of lines in each chat thread. So we can not reference our earliest messages in threads.
These are the only issues I have experienced. But these are not that strong reasons to not to use this app.

Workplace from Meta en Google Meet

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Slack is a combination of all of these products. Also for office communication this suits the most as the target market of the other applications are not the office people. We use workplace for highly technical project management tasks. Skype and Hangouts are embeddable for slack. So for an office , we thought the best option is Slack.
Kevin
Kevin
  • Sector: Kansspelen en casino's

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Slack is a great collaboration tool for our team, improves communication and productivity.

Beoordeeld op 3/12/2019

I am very happy of using it as a main communication tool at work. And I have been using it for a few years now. Every colleague I worked with, they all like it. I hope slack keep up the good work and make more neat features for us all.

Pluspunten

Slack is a team communication tool, it very well categories the different processes in different channels, restrict the conversation is relevant to the channel and everyone who join that channel can collaboratively contribute to the topics.

It also provides a neat feature call thread, which you can start a discussion under a message and solve issues with that person. It reduces the distractions from the channels and help other members concentrate on the topics they care about.

You can also integrate automatic messages from other apps, softwares, e.g. we implemented the gitlab automation messages in the developers channel, it indicates what work has been done, it passes or break the build, etc.

Lovely integration of slash command feature, for giphy images, for icons, for text formats, etc. Making the conversation more fun.

You can also pin useful information, that you can easily access in anytime.

Minpunten

when you enter a message without sending, it places that person's icon into a draft section in the navigation area. It is kind of tricky to find that person, if you forgot you have a pending message to send and you are wondering why that persion is disappeared from your direct message section.

search bar can be improved as well, it would be nice to have more advanced search terms like what google does.

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

hipchat is closed down, we have to migrate to slack with all hipchat history.

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

We had hipchat previously, slack has all features from hipchat and better integrated into JIRA, gitlab and confluence. Also slack provides a lot more useful features. Microsoft teams is a fairly new product, I would expect they take another couple of years to fine tune their product and compete with slack.
Ken
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Love/hate relationship with Slack

Beoordeeld op 12/12/2019

I use Slack across 7-9 workspaces, one for each client/collaborator/workgroup. It's effective for keeping up with lot of people at once and the fact that I can mute certain workspaces/channels makes it manageable.

Pluspunten

Slack does a fine job of facilitating collaboration with co-workers, and does cut way down on the fragmented nature of workplace communications. The workspace -> channel structure does a good job of organizing communications, but messages and threads can become atomized very easily. Overall its the best tool I've used and is a vast improvement over the old ways. And the voice/video calling feature is perfectly integrated - can't wait for them to add transcription.

Minpunten

I don't think this is Slack's fault, but the volume of stuff flowing through Slack is hard to wrangle. If you have more than a few workspaces open with a few channels each, it is incredibly easy to lose track of a message, thread, or link. and if you're using the free version you can find a critical message or link disappears behind the 10K message limit very quickly. Again, if you're getting good value from a product then you should pay for it, so no complaints about pricing, except that it's hard ot know what paying to: a workplace, or your own access to everything?

• Sector: Programmaontwikkeling
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best Communication Tool Ever.

Beoordeeld op 10/2/2020

We had a lot of issues with communication using some Google options, we had used "Chat" and Hangouts for work purposes but we don't get at all the product.

So we decided to switch all our operations to Slack and we are amazed!

We integrate all our DevOps tools to slack and we are very productive, we are using Slack with Gitlab and other tools and we are very happy with this product.

Pluspunten

Best ChatOps tool, Good price, high-quality product, compatible with a lot of tools for integrations, good order, good for agile teams and DevOps culture teams.

Minpunten

The unique problem that I had using Slack was with the "community edition" because you can lose your messages, but you can solve it buying the paid edition for $8 per user, It is really a good price and the tool is excellent.

Microsoft Teams en Google Meet

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

We decided to switch to Slack because we felt like Chat by Google doesn't feel like an agile or DevOps oriented product, with Slack we feel like a real DevOps team and we are doing integrations with other tools most of the days!

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Because of the integrations with other tools as Gitlab, Jira, and Clockify and because Slack is a DevOps oriented Chat tool.
Matthew
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

The Gold Standard For Workplace Communication

Beoordeeld op 21/7/2020

We have employees all over the world so Slack is our hub for communication. We use it to have conversations, post announcements, and brainstorm ideas. It can also launch video conferences with excellent annotation features which makes it easy to share ideas about a document or piece of code.

Pluspunten

It is extremely easy to use, there are many bots and tools to customize your workspace, and the actual communication tools are superior to the ones offered by Google and Microsoft. For example, the ability to thread conversations, easily set reminders about messages, and other subtle things add up to a much better communication system.

Minpunten

I have experienced no major negatives as a user of the product. Depending on the number of users in your organization, the monthly cost will start to add up but I think this is similar to their competitors unless you're already paying them for other services that include something like Microsoft Teams, for example.

Microsoft Teams en Google Meet

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

Flowdock was actually a high quality product and the best competitor to Slack that I've tried, but Slack became much more popular and started to have better integrations with other third party services. At this point, Slack has become synonymous with workplace communication software in the same way that Zoom has for workplace video chat.

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Slack has better usability than Microsoft Teams and Google Meet. Users inside the company mostly preferred to use Slack even when multiple options were available. The threading functionality is particularly useful. Flowdock actually does conversation threading the best of all the products, but its a smaller player at this point so is probably not considered as often.
Luke
Luke
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I sometimes wonder how collaboration worked before Slack

Beoordeeld op 13/11/2020

I find it hard to remember life before Slack. We all worked in a single open plan office but, like most offices, still communicated predominantly from our desks. Our go to IM tool was Skype and it was an easy way for conversations to get siloed. Slack brought those conversations out into the open, made them discoverable and brought in automations to make them richer. If you're debating whether to use Skype or Slack there really is no contest. I'd also suggest it outperforms Teams and other competing collaboration and instant messaging tools for it's deep integrations.

Pluspunten

Real-time instant messaging, file sharing and integrations with key apps that automate important proceses mean a high percentage of tasks can be managed all in one place.

Minpunten

Threads are often difficult to keep track of. Slack has done its best to elevate Threads but I still find myself missing things when people don't @ mention me.

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

Skype made conversations difficult to discover and groups were transient forcing you to recreate those groups over and over again. It also had no integrations and automations of value to us.

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Better integrations, better interface, more automations, better suited to a creative/tech environment
  • Sector: Biotechnologie

Experience after 3 years of useing Slack

Beoordeeld op 15/8/2022

Slack demonstrates a strong scientific link, particularly when used for internal company communication. Slack is also user-friendly, with an easy-to-use layout and a login interaction with LinkedIn. Furthermore, as compared to other programs, this application is quite light on computers and phones.

Pluspunten

It is highly handy for this application to combine login with Linkin, which helps to improve connection possibilities while eliminating many redundant login processes. Also, because Slack is cross-platform (desktop, Android, and iOS), everyone in my firm can communicate with one another regardless of device. Furthermore, the possibility to connect to other storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, GitHub... Slack's free plan allows users to save up to 10,000 messages exchanged by the team, 5GB of storage, and connect up to 5 additional carrier services.

Minpunten

The storage of messages only takes place for a short time and it is necessary to update the paid application versions to use more features. This makes the free version quite limited and unpopular for long-term storage of information.

Redmine en Zendesk Suite

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

Slack presents more versatility than telegram and is easier to use.

Telegram

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

I went through all the possible applications to find the most user-friendly channel in my software company. Done Slack clearly shows multi-app friendliness so I chose it.
Sarah
Sarah
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Slack has become the easiest way to get in touch with your teammates.

Beoordeeld op 7/10/2022

There cannot be a better way to communicate among teams than Slack. Slack has made our lifes easier since we have been working from home remotely from different parts of the globe but stay unified and connected with the help of this tool. They also have a mobile app that lets you access all your chats and files on your phone. Its a great tool for every organization.

Pluspunten

We have been using Slack for almost a year now and all our departments love it. It is a great way to catchup internally within teams or also coordinate with cross functional teams. We use slack for daily followups and project management and task tracking. The IT department of our organization also uses Slack for bug tracking and remote work. Team communication is now just a click away and we feel connected with Slack.

Minpunten

Slack has no issues or bugs that we have faced so far. Works like a charm.

features and functionality

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Slack has better features and pricing compared to other competitors
Christopher
Christopher
  • Sector: Research

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Not bad for small groups, horrible for large groups, free plan is now crippled

Beoordeeld op 27/4/2023

Only using Slack with external teams that use them. We no longer use it with our internal teams. Their confusing threaded views is really their downfall. There are other alternatives out there that do a much better job.

Pluspunten

Slack has a very nice, slick interface. When the workspace is not busy, it's very easy to see all the messages and figure out what's relevant for you. Very easy to setup new workspaces and channels. And basically, the key reason why we use Slack is because almost everyone is using it.

Minpunten

Their free plan is now crippled. Only 90 days of retention. On a number of free workspaces, I wanted to refer back to some info which I no longer can find. Very frustrating. Slack also implements threaded conversations as a "tack-on" feature. Not everyone uses this feature and it just causes more and more user confusion, especially in large workspaces where many messages are mixed into the main channel as well as in threads. Their threads/mentions&reactions views which are supposed to help you filter out things not relevant for you are huge messes. Their pricing plans are also very expensive.

Mattermost, Zulip en Microsoft Teams

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

We're no longer using Slack internally. Only for external communication with teams that insist on using it. MS Teams offers better integration with their Office suite. Zulip offers superior threaded conversations and formatting at a much more reasonable cost.
Adam
Adam
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen

Communication for (Cool) Professionals

Beoordeeld op 4/12/2018

We can definitely communicate with almost no exceptions. It takes the "where is this person" out of the equation as you can just send them a message and know when they come online and see it. The benefits to not just sitting and waiting on an answered email are endless.

Pluspunten

I don't remember how my team communicated before Slack. It keeps my coworkers connected in and out of the office. It cuts down on our emails and makes communication easy. There are a lot of apps and integrations that can be added to automate processes. You can integrate project management tools, Google Docs, Spotify, Canto DAM, Giphy for some fun with coworkers and so many more.

I love that I can drag and drop files, images and videos into slack to share with my coworkers. In addition, slack allows free integration with many other tools out there. My peers who are software developers talk about how easy it is in the backend for integration.

Slack is easy to use and has great built in functions for notifications. It has really been extremely helpful to get multiple departments talking at times and keep each department informed while not in the same location. The ability to upload files makes it easy to share ideas.

Minpunten

The Screen sharing could be improved, along with mic recognizing.

When network connectivity is lost during screen sharing or calls, the reconnect feature doesn't seem to work really efficiently.

My biggest complaint is that Slack makes you way too available. You're expected to know whats going on whether you are at home sick or in the office working.

Sometimes the app on the phone won't clear your notifications even after reading or checking through them.

• Sector: Grafisch ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great for virtual team collaboration

Beoordeeld op 3/4/2019

Since I use it everyday, I would say this is has become an invaluable tool for me and collaborating with colleagues (w/the exception of not being able to see msg history beyond 10k). I would recommend this to anyone who works virtually OR if you're like me and drown in emails.

It doesn't matter if you are in a tech field or not: if you can text an use social media, you can juse Slack. bottom line, it's a WIDELY used tool with a growing number of other app integrations that the paid version allows you to seamlessly tie your [communication] workflow together. I resisted for a while but now I can't imagine not having it.

Pluspunten

- Slack allows me to commimicate in real time without using email with clients and colleagues all over the country & the world. The free version doens't have as many features as paid, but still robust enough to work for a small 1-man shop
- Channels (topics/groups) allow for communication on a topic w/only relevent members (by invitation). preventing tons of emails to track = it's all in one place, in timeline format; this allows you to see who wrote what, when and, whatwas shared (urls, files/photos, etc).
- Direct/private chats for more sensitive info
- Notification types vary based on your set preferences: when you're mentioned in a channel, indexing keywords. w/hashtags for searching history (like bookmarking).
- Video conference calls (paid version allows for up to 15 participants, screen sharing, more storage space & unlimited msgs)
- Save comments for later w/reactions or saves to something shared.
Clients can be invited to channels and only see that channel's content, allowing things to continue.
- File sharing, video calls & integrating with lots of other software/services listed on their site) combines all communication in one tool reducing the need for emails
- Cost for the paid plans is relatively nominal and since it elminates the need for emails in many cases, it ultimately pays for itself by saving time + the additional features you get.
- Online access to customize your account
- Multiple teams (i.e. 1 for your main business, 1 if you're invited, etc

Minpunten

Based on my experience using the free version, I find some of the features to be less intuitive = I can't be sure if I can integrate something for a smaller fee or if it's only available in a paid plan.

Since many chats tend to grow over time, the free version limits you to 10k messages; you'd be surprised how fast that gets used up. If you try to search for something once you exceed 10k msgs, you may not have access to it. (I get it, it's the free version but it's like texting for business. 10k is small in grand scheme of things so you have to remember to save things you really think you'll need or you'll lose them.

Suzanne
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

Awesome for team collaboration

Beoordeeld op 27/7/2019

Pluspunten

Slack is the a wonderful platform for team communication and collaboration. It is very easy to organize by having different channels for chats about different topics, and then even different threads within chats. The learning curve is small for the basics, and then there are a lot of extra features you can add to customize your experience. For instance, Slackbot can be very helpful since you can program it to deliver a string of text or a link anytime somebody mentions a certain key word. So in the heat of a competition, if someone needs access to a document fast, you can have it set up to provide that document instantly with just a keyword. You can also easily share files, videos, and photos within Slack, and integrate it with other apps like Twitter and Google Docs. Important posts and files can be pinned to channels or starred for easier reference later. I quickly found Slack to be an essential part of team communication and collaboration.

Minpunten

The free version will only show you the last 10,000 messages. I'm fine with having limits on how many MBs of storage per which plan you are on, but you should still have access to all of your content regardless of whether you opt for free or paid. A lot of people (including me) use Slack for non-business related team communication, and we don't have a budget for the high price Slack asks for it's paid plans. There needs to be either a low-cost-per-user version with just a few more features like unlimited messages, or just add unlimited messages to the free version.

Yann
Yann
  • Sector: Online media

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

THE digital tool for team communication

Beoordeeld op 11/5/2021

Pluspunten

I think that, these days, Slack is among the most popular picks for teams that would like to work remotely, for instance.

So, through Slack, teams get a sort of a centralized digital hub where they can gather and exchange value and info.

I'm a fan of the ability, that nowadays, Slack gives to its users, of being able to host call straight from Slack. No worries about third-party platforms working with Slack, you can use the platform's own technology to communicate with the members of your team, video calls included.

Plus, the smartphone app enables you to work, access your Slack channels and interact with people from anywhere.

And lastly, I'm a big fan of the Apps integrations that can be used with Slack. Would you like for your Slack channel to do something you can't do right now?

There's probably a Slack app for that.

Are you looking for a better way to use Slack in combination with a project management tool you use?

It's doable, and so is providing customer support by connecting your customer service tool to Slack.

Minpunten

I'm probably not the first to say this but, when it comes to Slack notifications, there must be a better way to control them.

Think about having a very engaged Slack space with several channels... and each channel received and keeps receiving a notification after the other. It can be disruptive and distracting, and I think it's something that Slack should address and change as soon as they can so that users don't get "bombarded" by a ton of notifications.

Grace
Grace
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

If you are still using email to communicate at work, I feel bad for you.

Beoordeeld op 26/6/2018

Pluspunten

Slack has totally innovated the way our team communicates and our productivity would not be the same without it.

Slack allows you to efficiently communicate with your team in a fun and enjoyable way. Unlike email, messages and files are easily searchable in one search box and slack also collects all of the attachments in your workspace together so they can be easily found.

Slack threads make it easy to organize discussions around certain topics and if the topic is important you can create a channel from the thread itself. You can also make these channels private if not everyone in the workspace should see the conversation.

Slack has incorporated really useful apps. I have taken advantage of the app to send polls to my team, and creating asana tasks right from a message. I also get a message from slack every day listing the events I have on my calendar for the day, and set up a way for students workers to clock-in right from slack. Recently slack has also integrated with Qualtrics, and you can have Qualtrics send slack message triggers which is awesome!

The slack app for ios is great. You can quickly answer co-workers on the go, and you can set your notifications to go on do not disturb during a certain time period each day if you do not want to receive push notifications out of work hours.

Minpunten

There really aren't many cons to slack although the app on the phone can be a bit buggy at times, but no real complaints and they seem to address any issues with a timely update.

Although slack has a multitude of apps, I do wish there were some apps they had. For instance, I would like the ability to create a google calendar event from a message or send a google calendar invite through slack. Although, they seem to be constantly innovating the platform, so hopefully this will be possible in the future.

Jonathan
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great messaging platform with a ton of great plugins

Beoordeeld op 14/6/2018

Pluspunten

My team uses Slack at work and I basically live in that app. It manages to solve a bunch of needs at once, from instant messaging, to video chat, to a team wiki, and much more. The open and closed channels (for public and private conversations) are a great way to cut down on emails. The ability to customize your notifications means you can control how often you want to be bugged about what is happening in each conversation, and the alert forwarding means you don't have every device you own ringing with every single message you get.

The file sharing and rich search means that just about any in-progress document that is being collaborated upon can live in Slack. We love the Post feature that allows you to create Markup-friendly documents directly in Slack that can be referenced easily. We use them as a sort of knowledge management tool for new users to get caught up or existing users to reference important information.

And perhaps my favorite feature is the vibrant development community that has created what feels like hundreds of different plugins and apps. Some of these connect with popular web tools like Google Drive (connecting it will alert you directly in Slack when a document you own has been edited or commented on), or apps designed specifically for Slack. These include everything from chat bots to polls, to much more.

Minpunten

While it's great that there is a version of Slack for just about every conceivable platform, like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc., as well as a web version, the desktop apps are basically just web containers and don't feel as snappy at times as they could. And while most of my team is tech savvy, some of the tools are not particularly user-friendly for those who aren't comfortable with the things like slash-commands.