Zight (formerly CloudApp) reviews

• Sector: Research
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Best screenshot app ever

Beoordeeld op 15/11/2018

Good service to share details with your team giving design feedback, commenting system is good to discuss the design, great tool to get your tech tutorials more attractive.

Pluspunten

Cloudapp makes it so easy to record your screen. Making gifs is so easy with cloudapp. Just not that they offer tons of storage to save all your recording and screenshots. Commenting system just a charm and so helpful to let my designer know what changes I need on my website. I even use CloudApp on my blog where I write tutorials. This just a great service.

Minpunten

Never felt anything left just hoping for an android app launch soon.

Akshika
Akshika
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Excellent integrations, simple to use, and much more than a screencasting tool

Beoordeeld op 12/1/2023

Pluspunten

As the Head of Support, I use CloudApp on a regular basis. Sharing images, video demonstrations, and GIFs are simple and quick, and our clients like being able to see a video by clicking a single link without having to form an account. The ability to annotate also streamlines the process, and sharing is as simple as sending them a link, to which they may respond directly on the picture and video page. It's a comprehensive screen-capture video solution. It may be found in the Chrome taskbar. Intuitive and simple to use.

Minpunten

There are occasional problems, as with most things, but the one that irritates me the most is that trying to screenshot a whole web page frequently fails. Despite the fact that you have the choice to complete the entire page, it will just do the visible section. The security to log in might be frustrating at times. I understand wanting to secure an account, but for me, it's simply screenshots and doesn't require that kind of security; nonetheless, I can see why they have it.

Antwoord van Zight

Hi Akshika,

Thank you so much for writing a review; we value the time you took and appreciate your feedback!

We love hearing that CloudApp has been a simple and quick solution for you in your role as Head of Support and how you use it for sharing video demos and screen captures + annotations with your clients!

Please do feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you are still having issues with failing screenshots capturing a whole web page as we want to ensure you have the best experience with our product.

Thanks again!

David
David

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Great tool. Worst support ever

Beoordeeld op 4/11/2019

It's a great to do screenshot easily, but the support team is not supportive.

It's a great to do screenshot easily, but the support team is not supportive.

Pluspunten

When the tool it's extremely simple to use.

Minpunten

The customer team is inexistent, you can spend weeks with critical bugs not being solved

Gabriel
Gabriel
  • Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Excellent sharing service

Beoordeeld op 18/7/2022

Overall, CloudApp delivers the services that were the basis of its design. Nevertheless, development must continue.

Pluspunten

Allows me to create very short explanatory and demonstration videos to share with my collaborators.

Minpunten

Very insecure platform. Recurring large file upload and download failures. The team must make an effort to develop other features with security as a priority.

Parisa
Parisa

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the best LTDs I've ever purchased. Great value and functionality.

Beoordeeld op 25/5/2018

CloudApp is incredibly useful, user friendly and has become one of my favorite business and productivity apps.

Pluspunten

As a tech enthusiast, CloudApp isn't the most exciting deal I've purchased, but it's actually by far one of the most useful ones. I'm impressed with how intuitive and useful this app is! It's reliable, user-friendly and has really streamlined my workflow.

Minpunten

I wish video uploads went by more quickly. It does seem to be a bit slower than other apps that do similar things, but this is only periodically, and overall, it's still a fantastic app that's been of great value to my business.

Nicholas
Nicholas

• Klantenondersteuning

Why doesn't every person have this on their computer?

Beoordeeld op 26/6/2018

Pluspunten

CloudApp is among the greats of computer utilities. It works flawlessly and looks great. I love how easy it is to annotate a screenshot or record my screen, but the best part is the unlimited online storage of content and the link I can share anywhere.

Minpunten

Hmm. Sometimes there are some little bugs, but the overall stability has improved a lot recently. I really can't think of anything else as it works so good.

Bryan
Bryan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

This has quickly become one of my favorite apps

Beoordeeld op 13/10/2017

Pluspunten

It's incredibly simple to use and extremely fast. It does a great job with screen recording and screenshots, but we have found it to also be an excellent way to share design proofs with our clients. Just drop any large file over the icon in the Mac toolbar and it will automatically copy a sharing link to your clipboard - even if the file hasn't finished uploading. By the time you write up an email and send it, the file is uploaded and the sharing page is active. It is MUCH faster than using Dropbox, Google Drive, or any of the other tools we've used for sharing files. The sharing page is really nice, too. It has a simple feature for our clients to leave comments or annotate the files we've shared. We love this app. It's a huge time saver.

Minpunten

They have some nice integrations with Trello and Slack, but those aren't tools that we use. Hopefully, they'll add other integrations at some point.

lily
lily
  • Sector: Administratie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Screen Sharing is Fun With CloudApp

Beoordeeld op 10/11/2018

Pluspunten

Just remember one shortcut keys combination to capture your screen (or two if you also want to record your screen), and you are good to go. Anytime you need to share anything on your screen, hit the key combo, and you'll get the link to the image/video ready to share.

Minpunten

There's no option to capture a window, and you can't pre-set the image/video size.

Graham
Graham
  • Sector: Horeca

My most used app?

Beoordeeld op 16/10/2018

Pluspunten

I use this all day everyday! I am constantly taking shots and sharing with my team. It is just so so easy with the keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop feature... I totally love this app!

Minpunten

Occasionally when starting video it misfires and means I have to close and reopen. Not very often tho

Joseph
Joseph
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

After Trying All Others, This Is the Best

Beoordeeld op 1/6/2018

Capturing images and annotating them and sharing them are my biggest uses. I find that this app does it with ease considering what I can do with these images. I was using another app but kept getting bogged down in with the functionality not being where I wanted it to be but CloudApp does what I want and does it the way I want.

Pluspunten

I have used SO many screen capture apps and this is the best among all the free ones I have tried. It annotates easily and even allows me to move arrows around as well as text. It captures easily with a hotkey. It captures video easily and uses a microphone to record along with the screencapture. It stores my captures for later retrieval and sharing. I struggle to think of something it can't do well!

Minpunten

It would be nice to more easily delete screen captures but to me that is this app's biggest failing, so it's pretty good!!

Erik
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

One of my favorite apps

Beoordeeld op 12/2/2019

Its a great little app that really helps my productivity. I would put in in my top 5 favorite tools I use daily. Not terribly expensive, and the monthly fee pays fro itself quickly.

Pluspunten

CloudApp is one of the most handy tools for sending email attachments - even videos. Im a Mac user so it sits in my top toolbar. I simply drag in the attachment(s) and it creates the archive and link automatically. Not only that it copies the link to your clipboard so you can just paste it right into your email. It will "ding" and then you know its uploaded and ready to share. Short videos are really easy to make as well but selecting a screen area, pressing start and you ready to go.

Minpunten

My biggest complaint is that some servers detect the links as spam or untrusted. So in some cases the link will not work. Not sure why this happens but think there are some using the cloud app service who may be abusing it, thereby flagging spam filters. Ive tried to add a custom domain to the short link it creates (service allows this) but it does not seem to help this problem.

Ernie
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Job (and life) changing

Beoordeeld op 18/10/2019

CloudApp has made adding screenshots and images to my blog posts incredibly easy. CloudApp has made giving additional context to colleagues simple by giving us the ability to take a screenshot of what we're talking about on the site. I have nothing negative to say about this tool other than it's set my expectations for similar tools so high that I'm usually disappointed by them.

Pluspunten

It's incredibly easy to use and reliable. You can take a simple screenshot, a gif, a video, and annotate it all within the app. It's quick, it's versatile, and it's incredibly functional. I use this tool every day, for every blog post, and for a number of different things. As a sales rep I used it for entirely different but equally important tasks.

Minpunten

The only thing I wish I could do that I currently cannot is to go back into an annotation I've made after I saved. Sometimes I realize I've forgotten to note something, drawn a border incorrectly, or some other minor edit and am unable to go back into the original screenshot/gif to fix it. It's not a terribly big issue because of how simple it is to go back and take another screenshot or gif.

Darcy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Quick, easy, neat, I feel like a pro!

Beoordeeld op 3/5/2017

I can quickly get my thoughts across to customers and team members. It's simple and fast. I really couldn't go a day without it.

Pluspunten

It's quick to load and the fact that the link absorbs into the clipboard is SO easy and fast.

There are multiple ways to use it - downloads, webcam vids, screenshare vids with voice, GIFs of screen, images, annotations. Really - there are SO many ways to up your game in social and customer care by using CloudApp.

Minpunten

Small screenshots don't always come out readable without clicking on them and waiting to see what it is.

The head of the arrow in the Annotations is super huge and I often have to find workarounds when I'd really like to use it. It would be cool to shrink it width-wise along with length-wise.

I wish you could copy/paste annotation components (arrows that you've sized a certain way, text, etc.) Click on the element, ctrl+c, ctrl+v

I wish there was a solid box in annotations that you could add. There's an outline, but not a solid box or circle that I've discovered.

• Sector: Managementconsulting

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Huge savings in productivity.

Beoordeeld op 26/10/2018

I am a Product Manager and often, due to the speed at which we work and the people I work with, words are not the best medium to convey thoughts when you discover snags or bugs. Developers are busy people and want to build things and move on. CloudApp lets me visually capture product behavior to explain desired functionality, in the form of videos and gifs and thus speed up communication within my team. I really love the tool.

Pluspunten

The ability to capture screenshots and annotate them with comments or arrows. The ability to capture videos as well as gifs has enabled me to be more productive. As a Product Manager, I can enhance my documentation efforts by bringing in a visual component to requirements and bug descriptions. It has helped me writing feature walkthroughs as well as explain competitive product offerings to my team.

Minpunten

Every once in a while, I have observed that the tool's library shows captured screenshots which I hadn't intended to capture. It may be due to the fact that the shortcut keys on the keyboard (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+5) are close to a frequently used shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Del). It's either that or maybe it's just...fat fingers!

John

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Do NOT use for Markeitng unreliable

Beoordeeld op 1/9/2021

See above. I'm so upset with what happened and your customer support is terrible. I could not get hold of anyone. I want my money refunded for the upgrade that did not work.

Pluspunten

I use screencast o Matic and cloud app I had a massive launch video and decided to use the system.

***** BAD MOVE ****

They only have a 2 gig limit and my first 280 views blew my data and left my 11,564 with a message NO MORE DATA CONTACT USER>

What a pain in the arse! Thanks, guys, you left me to deal with 100's of emails to deal with.

So, I paid for an immediate upgrade. You tool my money. and It didn't work.

Would I use you again, NO. Not for any B to C. No way.

Minpunten

The customer service and chat support is terrible. The earliest I could get hold of someone was 2 days by making a time to meet someone. I needed help URGENTLY and not one reply.

Jonathan
  • Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

CloudApp will solve all your screen capture needs and more.

Beoordeeld op 20/4/2020

I love CloudApp, despite the fact of it being a paid service, I see the value it can bring to big businesses with lots of back and forth communication on a daily basis.

Pluspunten

I love the link-sharing features where you can just take a screenshot and share it with anyone via just a short link without much more effort than copy & paste. One great thing about it is that you can even record your screen for a short period of time and also share it/

Minpunten

I don't like that this is a paid service that comes with a little do a high mark for what it does since you can also just use the keyboard commands to capture anything and share it another way rather than a link.

Ken
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

This app saves me time every day

Beoordeeld op 31/3/2021

I know this software doesn't cost a lot, but I love how easy it is to use and I use it daily, in fact, multiple times a day. I can't imagine my life without it. It really does save time and increase productivity. It even sends me a weekly report on how much time I saved and how much usage per week.

Pluspunten

Love the ability to take screenshots and attach it into an email or drop that into Slack
Love the ease of use
Love that it allows for video taking, though I haven't used much of that feature yet

Minpunten

It requires a fair amount of updates in order to get access to the latest features. And sometimes it crashes.

Paola
Paola
  • Sector: Fotografie

Using Cloudapp to create GIFs & show simple processes is easy as pie

Beoordeeld op 9/8/2017

Mostly illustrative GIFS and storing my inspiration boards and anything I want to quickly save for later. Makes my files searchable, that's a huge plus!

Pluspunten

The fact that is an one stop shop for several steps that it would normally take to put together a tutorial file or tool. I can create up to 1 minute explanations on video with annotations and even emojis... Plus, I don't have to worry about making the animation for the gif, hosting it or nothing else, I just copy the link and that gif is on my e-mail before I know it. Love the gifs.
I also can save any screengrab and it makes them searchable, which is very helpful as I'm normally one to screenshot things for later but then I never find them or remember what I saved. This tool just organized every loose thought for me.
The analytics have been particularly useful as well, to make sure when our users got their information and if they are following up or not.

Minpunten

Could use folders for even more organization. Plus, if I have to download all my files at once I would have to go one by one vs. having an option to just bulk download everything I have saved in CloudApp-That's a con for me, but it's not a big deal anyway.

Best Screenshot and Desktop Recording Tool

Beoordeeld op 20/3/2018

Quick and easy screensharing.

Quick and easy screensharing.

Pluspunten

It is quick and easy to use with lots of great features like annotate, share with a link, or share the original file. It has great shortcut keys that you can reprogram if you happen to have a competing app with built-in sharing to lots of other collaboration services like Slack and Trello.

Minpunten

There is not much that I don't love about this software. It runs silently in the background and never asks me to give it a review.

• Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An easy win as an addition to your day to day tools

Beoordeeld op 28/3/2021

CloudApp is totally worth a try, you'll use it every day and facilitate your team communication.

Pluspunten

CloudApp is super easy to use and very flexible to do both, screenshots and videos. My favorite features are the annotation tools and the fact that we can also download and save these as jpegs. This is a tool I use literally every day.

Minpunten

It's constantly being updated which is a bit annoying, but otherwise not an issue. Also creating a gif is really slow, so I don't like to use that feature too much.

Seth

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Cloudapp is a super-flexible way to take and annotate screenshots, create gifs, and record...

Beoordeeld op 5/6/2018

Despite the technical issues, CloudApp is a perfect solution for remote customer support - it's an easy way to use visuals to communicate important information to a customer.

Pluspunten

CloudApp does just about everything I've wanted it to do - I rarely think of an additional feature without finding it already in the software.

Minpunten

I've had numerous issues with the software in the past - random crashes, skyrocketing RAM usage that slows my computer to a crawl. Most recently, GIFs have been killing my internet connection for about 2 minutes while they upload. A fresh computer with an SSD and newest gen i5 processor improved my experience significantly, but using an older machine may turn using CloudApp into a headache.

Jeff
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Super easy Screen Recording

Beoordeeld op 17/9/2021

Overall, I've had nothing but great experiences with CloudApp. It's super easy to use and great at what it does. I have seen other tools come across my desk and have tried a few, but nothing has convinced me to move to another tool.

Pluspunten

I use this all the time to send quick 'training' videos to my team and the product has been continually updated to include different styles of recording. Never had an issue. I also like knowing when the team member has viewed the video (and in many cases, watched it multiple times).

Minpunten

Nothing really to speak negatively about. It does log me out more frequently than I'd like, probably every 2 weeks or so and I have to log back in (minor inconvenience).

Melissa

Love CloudApp

Beoordeeld op 13/1/2018

Pluspunten

CloudApp is a life-saver as I work in customer support. We use it everyday to give our users visuals. It's extremely easy to use!

Minpunten

There really isn't anything I don't like about CloudApp. The only thing I can think of is that I'd like to be able to edit the name of the clip in the pop-up window.

Shekhor
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

A good screenshot application

Beoordeeld op 28/2/2019

I talked with their support and they promptly replied on that and asked me to join their beta testing program so that I can always share my experience about the bugs. I believe they already have fixed bug. Who knows may be some day I will give CloudApp another shot again

Pluspunten

This software is pretty easy to use and does the work pretty neatly. Store the screenshots in the cloud and also shared weekly analytics of those screenshots. Have annotations feature which is also pretty neat.

Minpunten

At the time I left using this software, they had bug in their screen recording function. From that day I am using another program instead of it.

Caitlin
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I love my CloudApp! It’s great!

Beoordeeld op 16/12/2022

Pluspunten

I love how easy this software is to use. Super user friendly! I highly recommend trying this!

Minpunten

There was nothing I disliked about the software.