ActiveCollab

Krijg het echte werk gedaan!

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

375 softwareopties

Aleksandar I.
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Perfect Project management tool.

Beoordeeld op 4/3/2020

ActiveCollab is one of the best, if not the best project management tool that I have ever used and I have jumped from one to another tool for different projects and project types.

If offers so many features, perfect dashboard, milestone preview, calendar, planner, contact details, time tracking and much more.

While it is perfect for managing many different types of projects, this is still not the perfect tool for managing software development projects. The only reason for that would be, there is no (or that was not back then) an integration with Git or other version of control system. It was simply a missing feature back then.
I truly hope that nowadays the ActiveCollab team managed to improve and integrate such feature, but talking 6-7 years ago, that was the only downside that I can say about it. If for some reason that is still not available and you are into software development business, look for something else like Asana or Bitbucket.

Pluspunten

Great dashboard, different types of reports, milestone preview, calendars, time tracking tool are just a few of the features that make this software irreplaceable tool when it comes to project management.

Minpunten

Lack of integration with Git or another version of control system.

• Sector: Religieuze instellingen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Self hosted or hosted, an excellent team tool

Beoordeeld op 10/11/2020

We have a global team that work on projects together, ActiveCollab keeps us progressing them.
We also use it for collaboration, requests and idea sharing.

Pluspunten

We tried many alternatives, but the simplicity and the ability to self host won us over.
Task lists, Kanban Style boards, Time tracking, Notifying and Assigning all work well.

Minpunten

I feel the file sharing (or at least referencing a file you have already uploaded) could be simpler. Apart from that we're really happy.

Asana, Basecamp en Trello

Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op ActiveCollab

Primarily the ability to self host, and have a large team accessing without paying by user per month.
Mari-nella B.
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

It is a beautiful app but not that useful

Beoordeeld op 7/9/2021

It was nice in the beginning but I just soon realised I needed something with easier to use features and no hidden costs. Onces a app like this becomes too complicated to navigate or customise - you will not use it as you need to daily because of that hassle.

Pluspunten

It is beautifully designed so initially it seemed easier to use and navigate.
It had a client portal and I could track my jobs and invoice/do estimates all from one place.

Minpunten

It has hidden fees. Everywhere it advertises itself as only 7.50 a month. - But using the MAIN FEATURES OF WHY I WANTED THIS APP is extra, like invoicing, time tracking and using the client portal. This was not made clear initially. The client service is terrible. I would ask questions but there response was really terrible english language - not what I would expect from an international app that everyone should be able to understand. Especially a client service person called Darla. Terrible and rude manners and unhelpful.!

Pluto LMS, monday.com en ClickUp

Redenen om voor ActiveCollab te kiezen

I wanted a app that I could use to track my projects, my daily tasks, and has a timer. Plus I can send out cost estimates and invoices from and my clients can log into to track and make note of project progress and timeline.

Asana en Todoist

Redenen om over te stappen op ActiveCollab

Activecollab seems to be the cheapest option where I could managment my projects, finances and clients from one place.

Antwoord van Active Collab Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We appreciate your honest feedback, and we are sorry to hear you had this experience with ActiveCollab.
As for the pricing, additional features such as Invoicing, Time Estimates, Workload, Availability, etc., are listed in the GePaid bundle section, which is charged additionally and is not a part of the basic paid plan. You can check out our pricing on the official site here: https://activecollab.com/pricing

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

We wake up with ActiveCollab and close the work day with it :)

Beoordeeld op 19/8/2021

10000% happy camper

Pluspunten

It's been more than 10 years using ActiveCollab since the day they had this 90s looking masterpiece of project scheduling platform. Today ActiveCollab grew sooo much and we love the minimalist style, the fact that they keep integrating and updating new features and functionalities making it every next day better and better.

Minpunten

I've tried so many other Project planning and Teamwork platforms but this one is the best I've ever seen for what we need - combining teamwork, with project planing, milestones progress, resource scheduling and time tracking.

Jolie H.
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Active Collab makes working together simple

Beoordeeld op 28/8/2019

My team is spread across the country and Active Collab allows us to work together on projects seamlessly. Our outside partners are also able to work with us easily.

Pluspunten

Great tool for managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
Pretty robust feature set
Simple to access and easy to invite collaborators in & out of my company

Minpunten

Upgrades have been a bit buggy and while the team are responsive, they don't always believe that they've broken something

Trello en Slack

Redenen om voor ActiveCollab te kiezen

Better features competitive pricing All around, Active Collab is a more flexible tool that is easier to use

Basecamp

Pricing and features

Simple and extensive

Beoordeeld op 21/7/2020

It was very good to us during 6 years.

Pluspunten

Web used Active Collab during several years in our servers. The database structure is very simple and allow us to create dashboards with user data.

Minpunten

Lack of features like kanban and of user interface improvements during updates

Basecamp, Jira en Redmine

Jira was so complicated and hard do mantain. I'm talking about 2009

Basecamp, Jira en Redmine

Price and simples maintenance
Uroš Z.
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Very easy to use but packs a big punch

Beoordeeld op 25/7/2019

Our overall experience is absolutely positive. We get to plan out our projects, go through them daily, track everything, and at the end exactly know what to invoice the client. It really covers all the basis that we need in our process and we love it for that.

Pluspunten

I really appreciate the simplicity and the power behind the features it delivers. On the surface, it offers just a list of tasks me and my team manage throughout our design and development process, but under the hood it offers task dependencies, estimates, time tracking and many other cool things that make it deceptively powerful.

Minpunten

Probably the speed of the app on some larger projects. It's lightning fast for everything small to medium, but on larger projects it can take a while to load everything.

Asana, Jira en Teamwork

Redenen om over te stappen op ActiveCollab

Asana is a bit confusing to get into, and it can really get expensive really fast when you need more powerful features. Teamwork was probably our second pick, bit it can be all over the place, not as elegant as ActiveCollab. JIRA is just a beast and we don't need that much complexity (and power) for our everyday development.

Great all-in-one solution

Beoordeeld op 17/5/2019

Our team manages all of our projects through ActiveCollab, and that includes budgeting, tasks, and time management. Without it, we'd be lost in a sea of emails and Slack messages.

Pluspunten

ActiveCollab is quite feature rich. We were able to consolidate multiple pieces of software into one.

Minpunten

Some of the menus are hard to find and I'd really like to see a comprehensive calendar approach to tasks, vs just per project.

Asana, Basecamp en Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op ActiveCollab

The feature to cost ratio was best with ActiveCollab.
Bappaditya M.

Best Project and task management software for SMEs

Beoordeeld op 4/10/2019

Simple UI, even a stupid person may understand after simple guidance

Pluspunten

I have tried multiple task management software for our company, But anyhow I was not satisfied with other product because of no option to manage workload or time and invoice calculation or somehow workflow is difficult for non technical user to use.
Activ Collab has the most simple UI and Design. Only 1 or 2 days training will be sufficient for any users to understand it.
Workload segment is really simple and most important functionality it have.
And the support team is really great.

Most importantly - it have self hosted options which is utmost priority for us for data security and privacy and also we can reduce cost for our users.

Minpunten

Android app needs improvement. It doesn't comes anywhere near to desktop web version.

ProofHub

Redenen om over te stappen op ActiveCollab

Selfhosted options not available in Proofhub, Data security and privacy is a big concern for us. Design of Activ Collab is much more simple.
Noemi B.

Strumento molto utile

Beoordeeld op 9/9/2021

Uno strumento indispensabile per il mio lavoro.

Pluspunten

Uso ActiveCollab quotidianamente da più anni, per gestire molteplici attività del mio team.
Lo trovo facile da usare, comodo, preciso.
Consigliato!

Minpunten

Non trovo difetti al Software, risponde alla mie esigenze

Michael J.

The Right Project Management Tool for Small to Medium Sized Team

Beoordeeld op 6/12/2019

It's easy to use and worth the cost.

Pluspunten

My team and I do really like the simplicity of the software. It helps us focus on doing the tasks rather than figuring out how to use the software correctly to assign tasks.

Minpunten

- Unmaintained mobile apps, both iOS and Android versions.
- No function to duplicate tasks list.
- Zipping attachments from a task to be downloaded, takes forever.
- Bulk actions on tasks seem to need an improvement on UX so that it's more user friendly to use. Currently, we need to scroll up and down to choose the actions.
- On the Reports page for Tasks, every time we choose a Custom Report, the columns and "sort by" are always reset.
- As admin, I can't see the full list of other user's Activities. I can only see the last 5 or something.

I might be able to give some more feedback. Do let me know if it helps improve your product :)

Bitrix24 en monday.com

Redenen om voor ActiveCollab te kiezen

Lack of bulk actions feature

Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op ActiveCollab

Pricing term and cost effectiveness
Sinoun C.
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great, but a lot of improvements can be made.

Beoordeeld op 12/12/2018

Overall, I like ActiveCollab, but I want to so bad love it more. There is a lot of potential with AC and room for improvement, and I really hope they listen to people's suggestions and needs! Either way, I do highly recommend ActiveCollab, especially if you're a web designer like me who manages hundreds of sites.

Pluspunten

Before I decided to go with ActiveCollab a few years ago, I researched and tried all the project management softwares I could find. I ended up going with ActiveCollab for a number of reasons.

One, their interface is simple, practical, and easy on the eye. I found other project management softwares trying to hard and it essentially complicated simple things. Also, I loved how my projects can be displayed and searched. I know this sounds trivial, but when you manage hundreds of projects (websites), I need an interface that works for me. Their interface works perfectly for someone with my needs. I constantly have to go back and forth on so many notes for projects and ActiveCollab has made it user-friendly for me to do this.

Second, ActiveCollab had awesome customer service when I had any issues or questions. This was a big plus because I then knew I was in good hands.

Third, they had some add-ons other softwares didn't have so it was nice to have features I wanted to use all in one place, like time tracking and invoicing.

Fourth, it was reasonably priced.

Minpunten

While I went with ActiveCollab, I am still frustrated with some of their features:

One, I use notes A LOT. Their notes interface design looks like something from the 90's.

Two, while they have the invoicing option available, it's sub-par. There are a lot of things they can improve with their invoicing. I wish I could use it, but it's just very limited. An example of a limitation is that you can't even enter or send an invoice without "inviting" the client to join ActiveCollab. I tried testing an invoice by putting an email manually because they claimed you could, but nothing gets sent, unless I "invite" someone into my account. This is silly. Another issue I have with the invoicing is that it shows "Active Collab" as the sender and you do NOT have the option to change this. Kinda stupid.

Three, you only have a measly 3 ways to categorize or filter projects: Client, Category, and Label. This can be very limiting depending on what you're doing.

Joshua D.

• Klantenondersteuning

This system is the very bedrock of client collaboration in our company. We simply need it.

Beoordeeld op 9/3/2018

Pluspunten

Diversity of features. It covers calendar integration, task management, expense and time tracking, client estimates and invoicing is integrated, discussions with clients are threaded and neatly organized at all times, file uploads that act as a mini-Dropbox for yourself and your clients, notes, facebook-style timeline of the activity within each project... And I haven't even touched on the level of customization, multitude of extensions (Zapier included), scalability (with self-hosted options!), and the iOS app that works with either cloud or self-hosted versions (our clients LOVE the app).

We love ActiveCollab because of it's diversity. That's the one reason that in our opinion, it's simply irreplaceable. Having to replace it would be like adding tripling the administrative work on our plates. It replaces the need for multiple separate services that do each of those things separately. Who wants that when you can have one single login to one single system that can rule them all? ;)

SIMPLY. IRREPLACEABLE.

Minpunten

The iOS and Android apps needs some work. They don't do as much as the desktop version, so they feel limited. They don't really take advantage of features like gestures or multi-touch, which every smartphone has.

We'd really like to be able to upload more than just pictures from the camera roll; some kind of file picking, or option to upload to ActiveCollab from another app (share sheets) would go a LONG way. Optimization for tablet-size screens would be sweet too, along with the simple ability to make text in the app bigger or smaller, so it's easier to read.

The calendar allows for syndication via subscription links, but stopping there feels premature. It would help a lot to be able to integrate to Calendar apps (via CalDAV), since the calendar isn't available on the mobile app either. It would be really nice so that we can add or edit events from our native calendar apps of choice.

Support is fantastic, and extremely knowledgeable. We run a self-hosted installation, which is more economical for us, but we don't have pros running our server environment. That task falls on us, teaching ourselves as we go, and it feels like support will drop clues about what an issue is, instead of going the distance and going in themselves to help fix the problem. Granted, that's more of a problem with /us/, since we're business administrators and not experts in server management. But support will not abandon you. They've always got your back, no matter how tough the problem!

Sarah P.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Great Option for my Creative Business

Beoordeeld op 23/2/2018

ActiveCollab keeps us organized and on task. It's a great snapshot of our client work at any given point. We have many moving parts, and ActiveCollab allows us to really stay on target with our goals and on task with our clients.

Pluspunten

I own and operate a company that specializes in creative strategy and marketing/PR services and this is a good fit for us. I spent many months and went through quite a few trials researching a software that had as many features combined that we were looking for. We settled on ActiveCollab and we're very happy with them. It's a great option without the price tag and disorganization the later versions that Basecamp brings. I like the customization features as well as the billable categories for tracking and reports. We work with contractors in our business and we like the ability to assign tasks and hide back office items from the client. Their customer service has been very responsive and helpful throughout our set up and we're overall very happy with the product and functionality for our needs. Overall good UX / UI.

Minpunten

We're finding the reports options are a little bit limited, however it hasn't been a huge issue. We're getting most of the data we need. We really wish we could assign tasks to multiple people, but that seems to be a common theme among these software options. I don't understand why as we have many tasks that are worked on by multiple people. This carries over into the time tracking app. If you aren't assigned a task, it won't show up in the time tracking app for you to track against. However the work around is you can add a time report in the desktop version after the fact to any task regardless of who it assigned to. The budget feature per project is nice, however, we wish we could break it down further by task list. Their great customer service has passed this along to the management and dev team for consideration so fingers crossed it will be coming in an update at some point.

• Sector: Afdrukken en drukwerk
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A/C has been a game changer for us. We are using it a bit outside of its intended scope but it...

Beoordeeld op 9/2/2018

Highly focussed team members. Remote work flexibility. Collaboration. Time Management. Quality Management. Data Management. Targeted and SMART Goals. Internal Motivation. Trust.

Pluspunten

The platform makes communicating with team members a breeze. We have a multitude of projects and tasks within the three departments - A/C helps keep everything organized and on track. LOVE the landing screen "My Work". The calendar view is awesome for our morning meetings. It is great that we can filter by person or project on the calendar. It's a robust feature that other platforms did not have. Really enjoy the notifications when I mention a team member. The robust area within a project including Tasks List, Discussions, Files, notes, Time, Expenses, Activity is great. Not only does it encourage collaboration it fully supports remote work. On the task list, we can drag/drop tasks. Filter by assignees, tasks lists, due dates, or completed tasks. You can also review the overall project progress. A/C has some great reporting features. I like how we can star projects. Simple features like that are NOT overlooked in the A/C platform.

Time tracking, invoicing, and estimates functions look great. We haven't used them yet but we will eventually. I appreciate the pricing. The customer support is quick and responsive. Our team has embraced the platform and I feel we will continue to use it for years to come. I would recommend the platform to others.

Minpunten

Disclaimer: We use it a bit outside of its intended purpose. Our group is Marketing, Web Development, and IT. Although there are a ton of project-based objectives within the departments there are some marketing functions that are not project based. This is the biggest thing I've got it's not a deal breaker. Maybe extend the software to include flexible user accounts or setup different types of project areas. That isn't necessarily project oriented.

Minors:
Recurring tasks are a bit of a pain to setup the first time
Multiple different calendars confuse people sometimes and they end up creating a calendar for themselves.
Maybe we could setup tasks requiring a sign-off? Maybe this is already a feature and I don't know how to do it yet?

Ross C.

Great Project Management Software

Beoordeeld op 9/2/2018

It organizes my life every day.

Pluspunten

Solid options for organization and streamlining processes that even clients can be taught to use. As a creative agency selling our time it's important to communicate quickly and efficiently with our clients. A big part of that happens at the beginning of every project when they fill out a creative brief. We've used ActiveCollab to set up standard brief templates so AC asks all the questions and they go down the list and fill it out. The time tracker works great and is a painless way to keep track of time. Email notifications are great, especially being able to respond to comments VIA email really speeds things up. Support staff is great. Always available and helpful.

Minpunten

The invoicing functionality is great but is missing major sorting and display capabilities. For example, if I wanted to show each time entry with its note about what that entry was for organized by project, I cannot do that. My wife has also complained about the App not having a lot of functionality, but I have not used it much personally. I also think the 'Notes' 'Files' and 'Discussions' tabs are kind of random. Haven't found a good place for those in our workflows and they're confusing for clients. I realize it's a big thing to ask, but I'd also like to see some way of incorporating something like Slack into Active Collab, so we can move away from Skype completely.

Linda K.
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Flexible, easy to use system

Beoordeeld op 26/11/2020

We have been using AC for five years to manage projects in an in-house marketing and communications team. Overall, we've been able to adapt the system to our needs. AC makes it easy to stay out of email for day-to-day tasks like assigning work, reviewing work, checking on project status, etc.

Being able to:
- upload images and files into task discussion threads to facilitate easy review of work
- easily add and archive users
- run reports at the task, project, client, and user levels

Minpunten

- No integration with Microsoft Teams.
- Limited ability to manage user groups or fine-tune user permissions.
Most needed feature:
- The ability to mark notifications "unread" or "priority".

Matthias J.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A sleek yet powerful project management software way above its competition

Beoordeeld op 9/2/2018

It helps me organize a great number of projects as one-man business without losing more time than necessary.

Pluspunten

It's amazing how flexible AC can be depending on a project's needs. It can serve as a simple reminder list with great speed and simplicity but also get fully blown up for projects involving production teams and clients at once. Compared to its competition it never feels like its dictating you to use it in a certain way, it just hands you a great bunch of options and lets you use them without interference. I use other products like dropbox and dropbox paper too and it all goes together really nicely.
One thing to note is a personal and genuinely helpful customer service, there have been issues and bugs here and there (not many) and in 90% of the cases they were solved within short time.

I think AC is great for freelancers and small project groups working remotely I switched from Basecamp and it was one of a relief.

Minpunten

I personally don't like the free limitations of users. I know there's a business model behind it but I hate to delete other clients/team members just to make room for someone else.

Susan L.

Constantly Improving and Helpful Support

Beoordeeld op 28/2/2019

The team is immediate to help, and pleasant to deal with. Also, truly they release updates like monthly, the product is always getting better which is AWESOME.

Pluspunten

This software includes all of the features of the leading brands and more in most cases. I compared ActiveCollab to every system out there and tried demos and trials of each as well. It combines robust options with ease of use, and is more affordable than most other options. We can use kan-ban, calendar or list views, and can organize almost everything to our own preference. They also are continuously upgrading the system and adding features. I also like that they have a roadmap on their website so you know what they will be working on next. Top quality product and service.

Minpunten

We used to be able to change the colors and design options but now we are limited to one set of colors and 4 or 5 different background images. I know it is probably only the designers who care, but as a design company, it drives me crazy. It's not ugly, per se, and it is definitely not hard to read or use, but it is not how I would like it to look, so, it's my least favorite thing about it.

Joe C.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I can't say enough good things about ActiveCollab

Beoordeeld op 23/1/2020

ActiveCollab keeps our company organized, on task and on budget. From tracking work and projects to tracking the financials surround ing those projects, we couldn't live without ActiveCollab. I love how ease to use it is and how easy to navigate it is.

Pluspunten

Active collab is intuitive, easy to use and easy to navigate. There are MANY other project management tools out there and I've used a number of them. Active Collab is the best in my opinion in light of the integrations and ease of use.

Minpunten

There are a number of more in-depth features that are sometimes hard to find in ActiveCollab. Nothing a simple support ticket can't solve though.

Basecamp, monday.com en Wrike

Price and ease of use.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Surprisingly helpful and pleasantly quick to implement. Continuing to find more useful...

Beoordeeld op 10/2/2018

Increased project efficiency, improved client satisfaction through better scheduling, better communication, and giving clients open access to interact with us on project tasks (while easily limiting them from internal discussions they don't need to see).

Saved time on recording project data and improvements/lessons learned, saved time invoicing thanks to time tracking and integration with accounting software, and have a centralised document store for internal use (apart from client projects) without needing to manage a duplicate access permission system.

Pluspunten

Lots of detailed helpful features which don't complicate the interface but are great when you start using them. Customer support has pointed some out when I put in what we thought was a feature request... but it already existed and I'd missed it.

Actively developed and continually updated without annoyingly changing things unnecessarily or 'fixing' anything that isn't broken.

Minpunten

Using Elastic Search as the only available search feature is limiting, as it's difficult to host and especially so in a shared hosting environment. Without Elastic Search, there's not even a simple text search available for project/task/comment description.

There's a couple glitches that pop up from time to time but customer support has been responsive about them and some of our suggestions have been included as feature requests.

• Sector: Hoger onderwijs

Keeps getting better

Beoordeeld op 24/7/2019

Pluspunten

Active Collab is efficient, friendly, and structured just right for our team's work. The reporting, activity stream, project, task, and subtask organization are all well-calibrated for daily use to organize work and to report on projects.

Minpunten

I wish AC integrated with Jira. Our development unit uses Jira, but the complexity means it's a no-go for our unit's daily use. The lack of integration means that sometimes members of our team have to ping-pong between both products, or fail to understand what's happening there. A preview of a Jira ticket in AC would be totally sufficient.

Mavares P.
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Klantenondersteuning

Manage and accompany to innovate

Beoordeeld op 9/7/2018

Control of project operations

Pluspunten

In such a complex world, where the time and control factor in operations makes a difference, it is vital to have a platform that allows access to many tasks that, otherwise, would involve and coordinate many people, this type of tools allows us to save costs and reduce involuntary human errors, in everything that refers to the necessary coordination between all the members of the project. The calendar allows to have all the tasks, meetings, and filter the tasks by projects, and if that were not enough, all this can be complemented with the participation of the members remotely, so that it is possible to follow the general state of the proyects. In case of any problem, the support team is attentive to clarify your doubts, there are still elements that we have not had the opportunity to explore, but that, surely, according to our needs we will be using them to solve the growing demands of our organizations.

Minpunten

As with many platforms, the versions that are used in tables or smart devices show some limitations, in relation to those that are handled by PC, it would be very important to preserve and maximize the benefits when you have other devices and not limit the functions that, After all, knowledge or traditional devices for solving problems are not always available.

Matthew J.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

ActiveCollab is one of the easiest PM tools to migrate to

Beoordeeld op 17/6/2021

Overall, I really like the product and I think for any team that has been plagued with trying to find the "right solution" to their PM needs, either overwhelmed by more technical PM tools or underwhelmed by lightweights, then ActiveCollab slots in nicely as being a very viable, competitive solution. You just have to ask yourself if the pricing is worth it.

Pluspunten

There are actually two PM tools that I absolutely love - Nifty and Ora, however, as much as I love them, they're a bit too "technical" for the layman to use. If you're not heavily invested in software development, they can be overwhelming, but ActiveCollab offers a really clean UI and superb UX that make onboarding new, casual users a breeze.

The features offered in ActiveCollab are on par with the industry and mean that you can grow into the product as a team without worrying about boundaries for the most part. I only say "the most part" because I'm on a lower tier plan that doesn't include things like Invoicing (something I use a different product for anyway).

Minpunten

While I guess it can be seen as a "smart" business decision, I think gating things like Invoicing behind a pay wall doesn't feel great as an end user. It's just the psychological aspect of it all, right?
If you said I had to pay $7.50/month for a plan and then an additional $3/month for Invoicing, I would be less inclined versus just being asked to pay $10/month for everything.

I think the pigeon-holing of Invoicing being behind a plan that is also a price per member can also be a crux because the functionality doesn't really change between a 2 person operation and a 200 person operation, but the two would pay a crazy amount of difference ($6 vs. $600) just for Invoicing.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Great Product, Bad Support

Pluspunten

ActiveCollab is very easy to use. With just a few clicks, you can have a new project created right away. Time tracking, invoicing, payment processing and many other features add an already large depth of features.

Minpunten

Support is quite bad, at least for the self-hosted release of the application. There is no ticketing support system, and instead you have to chat with staff through the activecollab.com site to be able to get issues logged. You never get professional assistance through chat. They copy and paste your chat into their internal support system. You're then at their mercy to reply back via email. If and when they do write you back to your email address, be prepared for long followups to your replies.

When features are broken in ActiveCollab, if a fix is not on their roadmap to get the problem resolved, it will take a long time, if ever, to get the problem fixed.

Elastic Search is not a great feature for self-hosted AC builds. However, search has always been horrible with AC since it's early days.