Help Scout

4,7 (213)
Schrijf een review!
Webgebaseerde helpdesk ontworpen voor een betere klantervaring

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Andrea
Andrea
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Simply the best customer support system

Beoordeeld op 12/4/2020

The product is very well designed, easy and natural to use. On top of that, their support is excellent and they reply very quickly.

Pluspunten

I like how transparent the experience is for the user and how easy it is to set up and use. I like the integration with the KB system to quickly insert a reference to the article.

Minpunten

Difficult to tell. I'm really enjoying everything on it, especially now that they added the live chat so I can stop using other software for that.
Maybe I'd love a more advanced system to manage the custom replies.
I'd appreciate if there's a better way to manage formatting inside the editor for the KB.

Laurène

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Help Scout is great for small teams looking for a simple and inexpensive shared inbox

Beoordeeld op 5/9/2022

Help Scout is a great option for small to medium teams who do not want and overly complicated and pricy Help Desk software. It lacks some nice-to-have features but it will still help you provide great customer service.

Pluspunten

Help Scout is great for our 4-person Customer Success Team. We have been using it for over a year and it helps us provide high-quality customer support. It is easy to use, our customers like it because our emails look just like normal emails. Their support team is great, we always get quick and relevant answers.

Minpunten

I think the reporting feature could really be improved, and we would appreciate a few more features to improve the daily management of support tickets.

Intercom en Zendesk Suite

Redenen om voor Help Scout te kiezen

Gmail doesn't work well as a shared inbox.

Overgestapt van

Gmail

Redenen om over te stappen op Help Scout

Help Scout looks more like a regular inbox and not an overly automated ticketing system. It is very easy to setup and use. It is also cheaper.
Dean

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Pretty convenient and easy to use, but lacking in features…

Beoordeeld op 2/2/2023

It was ok day to day, but we had to rely on other tools too often to get the job done.

Pluspunten

Super easy to pick up and use and their support was great. They always responded promptly and did their best.

Minpunten

Compared to other products, it lacks a lot of features and some of what it does have is too simplified.

Sara
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Help Scout helps out

Beoordeeld op 25/11/2020

Help Scout helps out in a pinch. I definitely recommend any company or business that has a customer support component to it to use their software and platform to start.

Pluspunten

When I used to work at ActBlue as a support associate, I really liked Help Scout's ticketing system. It was straightforward and less confusing than Intercom. Escalating and de-escalating issues was pretty easy. Help Scout is a huge help for customer service, people oriented folks like me.

Minpunten

This is just a theory but I feel like Help Scout works better with certain email addresses than others. For people who have older emails such as hotmail, aol, or yahoo - their messages don't come across so clearly, which makes helping our customers and clients a real challenge.

Aimee Rebekah
Aimee Rebekah
  • Sector: Alternatieve geneeskunde

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Solid Platform, Intuitive User Experience, 'Clean' Look & Feel, and Easy to Perform Basic...

Beoordeeld op 9/1/2023

I have used Help Scout for over a decade now and I'm kind of loyal to it. I had multiple problems this year where I was almost going to stop using it but their customer service is so good and thorough in the way that they communicate that I decided to stay. Help Scout is really affordable and it's really simple and it does have limits but if you're just looking for a simple way to track your emails and to provide a chat option for your website and to create a knowledge base then it's a really great tool.

Pluspunten

HelpScout is really simple to use & has a really clean interface and their customer service is A+++. I am someone who will stay with the company even if they don't have all the bells and whistles if they have excellent customer service, especially something like an email provider because it's hard to find really great customer service in email. I have been using it for over 10 years, & it also is like a database of all of my customer interactions. So I can type in the customers name at the top of the screen and it will pull up every email that they've ever sent in and every email that we've ever sent to them so it becomes this really powerful documentation tool.

Minpunten

It doesn't have a ticketing system. So it's not so it sometimes it can be easy to miss emails or to have customer service emails go unanswered if a lot of emails come in at once. And a ticketing system and a lot of other email platforms it will bump it up to the top for you if you haven't answered it in a set amount of days but help scout doesn't have a easy way to do that. Even though it does have a knowledge base it's just not as strong in terms of customer service portal as some of the other tools I've explored like fresh desk.

• Sector: Logistiek en toeleveringsketen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Expensive, but good. There are alternatives if you're willing to sacrifice plug and play.

Beoordeeld op 5/5/2022

The alternatives to Help Scout are far and wide, but my recommendation for an option would be Free Scout. It is an open-source alternative to Help Scout that acts almost the same way.

You need to know how to deploy the self-hosted service, or you can find companies willing to manage it for you. The downside is the setup takes a while, but the positive is that the cost is a small fraction of the amount we were paying to Help Scout.

Pluspunten

HelpScout was the first shared emailing system we implemented that worked flawlessly with our setup. It rivals all other methods that focus on a ticket number approach but makes the communication process simple for users to grasp and professional yet informal.

The best part of Help Scout for us was the shared inbox aspect and the ability to collaborate with others easily.

Minpunten

Help Scout is expensive. In my opinion, it is overpriced. They started at a great introductory rate and grandfathered those rates for early-stage users. I heard from many users when they increased their rates, all of whom got a personalized message from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT], promising our rates would stay the same.

Months later, they recanted on their promise and hiked our rates. It was not a great feeling being lied to, and my love for the company quickly disappeared.

Other shared email services can replace Help Scout, but this is your best bet if you're looking for a simple approach and are not worried about the price tag.

Ali
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

Helpscout Review

Beoordeeld op 9/7/2023

The overall experience is great, my team has always favored help scout above all ticketing systems.

Pluspunten

The most important feature about helpscout is the tags feature which allow you track tickets better. As well as saved replies and the super friendly user interface

Minpunten

Helpscout does know allow to add multiple email signatures within the same user and it forces the addition of multiple users.

April
April
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching

Excellent customer service software

Beoordeeld op 14/4/2019

I've used this for customer service for a website development company and a professional women's organization and it's been amazing in both cases! Highly recommended.

Pluspunten

Best features are internal notes and custom tags, traffic cop that stops the sending of your message of they've responded since you started writing, undo send, and able to see if surgery team member is working on that email already.

Also integrates mailchimp so you can see who is on your mailing list, and subscribe them if not.

Automated workflows based on custom parameters are incredibly useful, too!

Minpunten

Could have a more robust Zapier integration.

Fernando
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A reliable customer support solution

Beoordeeld op 7/10/2023

Pluspunten

For our team, this tool has been instrumental in improving our customer service operations. We like its user-friendly interface and intuitive ticketing system make it easy to manage customer queries and respond in a timely manner. Collaboration features, such as ticket assignment and internal sharing of customer notes, have streamlined our team's communication.

Minpunten

Some users may find the reporting and analysis functions basic compared to other helpdesk tools

• Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Excellent Service

Beoordeeld op 29/12/2023

Overall I really like the service and team I interact with. I have good feelings about HelpScout and like that they feel like a smaller more personal service for our size company.

Pluspunten

They are just committed to being really great at what they are. I appreciate the tools and new features they add and they seem to have a great design team.

Minpunten

I’d like more messaging features like ability to target specific users and more granular control on in app messages. Would love ability to run surveys and get feedback in app but also in knowledge base articles.

Anthony
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Live Chat + KB --- Count Me In!

Beoordeeld op 2/9/2020

Whether it's pre-sales questions or general customer service, Help Scout was there from day 1. I was able to have them answer all of my pre-sales questions within a day or two, it mainly took so long because I wasn't sure of what all I needed but they kept responding question after question.

Even after the fact when I signed up for their trial they started sending me helpful auto generated emails for tips and tricks on how to use their platform.

Since it was a new platform of course I was bound to get stuck at times, but I was able to reach out at all times and get a reply back promptly. They were even nice enough to extend my trial because I hadn't gone through all of the features in depth yet.

Pluspunten

They refer to support tickets as conversations, which might not seem like much at first but if you really think about how much you value your customers you will appreciate this verbiage.

They have offline/live chat support pop ups that they call "beacons" and you can have different ones depending on where a customer is at on the page. This was extremely helpful for me as I am selling software so having a beacon on the general website for pre-sales was a must but I also wanted a secondary beacon behind a paywall for premium support and their platform allows for this type of setup.

Lastly, most live chat companies only cater towards just that --- live chat. However, I wanted an all in one solution of live chat + a knowledge base. Help Scout has both available within their platform and it's super simple to setup.

Minpunten

The only thing I feel they could improve on is more features as far as layout and styling for the knowledge base. It was lacking in that sense but other than that I didn't see anything that I personally needed to be different.

Freshdesk, Crisp, Intercom en Zendesk Suite
Jeff

Terrific product. Great UI. Does lack on the integrations

Beoordeeld op 5/2/2017

We've used Help Scout for several years. It's been a great product, really served us well. One of their best features is actually their marketing and weekly (twice a week now?) blog posts on Support, Marketing, and other related fields.

Pluspunten

Super easy UI. I don't have to train newbies on using Help Scout for more than 10-15 minutes. It's that simple to use.

VERY customer focused. It's not about a bunch of bells and whistles that are flashy fish hooks only intended to get bought by fishermen but not actually catch fish. Their product signs for the customer and the Support rep in it 8+ hours a day.

Minpunten

The lack of integrations. They just rolled out with a Salesforce integration, but lack integrations in other areas. Also, they're primarily focused on email so tracking chats and calls aren't that helpful...you would need to drop that data into Redshift, Gooddata, Domo, etc. to get much functionality in it. So unless you do that, you're stuck compiling a bunch in Google Sheets.

Caveat: if all you do is email and maybe chat, then this product is everything you need and more.

• Sector: Computernetwerken
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

helps businesses streamline their procurement processes

Beoordeeld op 23/4/2023

Pluspunten

Provides analytics and reporting features that can help businesses track procurement performance and identify cost savings opportunities and provides a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to manage procurement activities.

Minpunten

Can be difficult to set up and configure, particularly for businesses with complex procurement workflows or legacy systems

• Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Couldn't run my business without it

Beoordeeld op 11/12/2018

For any business, customer satisfaction is crucial. Help Scout is the tool to make it fun and easy.

Pluspunten

After having used Zendesk for a while, I was not happy with its and complexity. I wanted to have a support desk tool that made it look like it was regular mail to the customers. And HelpScout did exactly that. After having used the free version for more than 2 years, we are now on the Business plan. It was great that we could have used it without having to spend money on it, but it's soo good that it's definitely worth every penny. The Docs integration is perfect, as we use it in replies to customers, in the beacon for self-help and we now also embed the docs on our website through the API.

Minpunten

It would be great if we could set a custom threshold for the spam filter, as we have a bit too many false positives.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

One of the best easy to setup customer support service

Beoordeeld op 18/12/2022

The overall experience was excellent, would definitely recommend their software as it does not require much support during initial installation. Moreover, their features like email delivery, self-service, and live chat support have made my life easier.

Pluspunten

I like the best that their initial installation requires little to no help. I was able to quickly set up the entire platform in no time, which is very unlike other help desk services that are difficult to set up and require a lot of permissions and time. They have managed to solve a problem with attention to detail and made their UI very intuitive in that respect. Their performance and response time for most of the tasks is excellent. It made my life easier, and I was able to track, organize and categorize all customer issues very easily. Moreover, the learning curve was very low for a CRM, and I was able to pick up most of their features within days, instead of weeks as compared to other market platforms.

Minpunten

There are a few minor issues that made my daily work a hassle, like providing a bigger picture of all the chat supports of the last 3 months or providing a birds-eye view like reports, and dashboards. They do generate reports, but those have not been so effective for me.

Help scout review

Beoordeeld op 28/2/2023

Overall experience was not that good but it can be more useful if improvement will be done.

Pluspunten

It has user friendly interface, multi-channel support and can integrate with other tools like slack .

Minpunten

It has very limited features.pricing is a bit Higher and has limited language support.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Like all the other Help Desks, but faster, more focused, and cleaner

Beoordeeld op 26/4/2018

Easy Help Desk software, fully functional with even more bells and whistles, amazing design, and affordable to boot!

Pluspunten

Having used Zendesk for years, I was looking for a alternative option without breaking the bank. Help Scout has all the features i needed for my team, and more.

Help Scout looks/feels great. Everything is right where it needs to be. I can quickly show a new employee how to use it in minutes. Zendesk looks like a dinosaur in comparison, and had to train them for a few days before my employees got comfortable.

Minpunten

Not much to dislike. They have a lot of integrations built right in, and zapier fills in the blanks. The only thing I wish I had was the custom fields, which is in the PLUS feature, and I'd have to pay a bit more money for it. But can't complain about that.

Erik
Erik
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Works well but lack of innovations caused us to move away

Beoordeeld op 8/6/2022

We used Helpscout to manage customer support. The system was competent but uninspiring. Rising expenses and other issues mentioned above caused us to break up with it.

Pluspunten

Tracked tickets extremely well. Also the canned responses worked well.

Minpunten

The beacon on our website didn't work that well. There were often conflict issues so we just turned it off, which is a shame because it's a major feature we had relied on. After marketing en email as a spammer, we would continue to get emails in the future from that same email address.

Laura
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great Central Inbox For An Agency

Beoordeeld op 31/5/2022

Help Scout is a great tool for small-midsize companies. It has very useful integrations, a mobile app, and is very user-friendly. Overall, I would definitely recommend this simple yet capable platform to anyone looking for the functions that it offers.

Pluspunten

This software is very easy to use and houses all customer emails for our agency. It's organized, has solid workflows, and is a great tool to keep all of our customer information in one centralized location. The integration we have set up with Slack is perfect!

Minpunten

There are quite a few features with Help Scout that we have not yet explored, so there are not many dislikes about this software with the email management portion that we do use. It's a great inexpensive product that will be great for scalability as our agency continues to grow with number of clients and users responsible for handling chat functionality and email responses.

Sid
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

The best CRM I have ever seen

Beoordeeld op 27/7/2020

I've seen, used and implemented several CRM solutions in the past and helpscout just blew them all. I now use them with all my clients! Great security too and functional system. the BI features are well appreciated.

Pluspunten

In my 20 years I've never come across such an elegant solution as Help Scout. Everything works good, looks good. Nice integration with E-commerce platform Woocommerce.

Minpunten

The messaging feature is over-priced. $50/month just for showing pop-up messages in your widget is a but too much!

Daniel

• Klantenondersteuning

Our company has been using Help Scout for a little over a year now.

Beoordeeld op 3/3/2016

We are a small business that has been steadily growing over the past two years. We began searching for a unified help desk service about 18 months ago. We tried another service first but found the cost and initial setup too daunting. We began a trial of Help Scout shortly thereafter. During our trial the Help Scout staff was eager and willing to offer assistance but I never felt pressured into committing to anything until I knew it was the right service for our company. They even extended our trial by two weeks because I had been so busy with other things I hadn't had enough time to test it out. In the beginning we only used the service to handle our e-mail and fax business. The fact that Help Scout integrates with our phone/fax service as well as our live chat service is awesome! Over the course of the next year we began utilizing more and more of the services and features Help Scout offered. We have found that the company has always been quick to respond when we had a question or needed assistance and was very open to any ideas or features we would like to see. They have implemented new features that have been invaluable in our day to day operations. We found the pricing structure to be very fair and flexible to suit our needs. The initial setup was very intuitive and only took a few hours before all of our services were up and running. I never felt pressured into paying for any services we didn't need. Overall we have been very happy with their flexibility and willingness to offer assistance when needed. We've very excited to try out some of the new features just implemented in the Help Scout Plus service and appreciate the offer to test it out before we commit to upgrading. Very happy customer!

Lindsey
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Powerful and Easy to Use!

Beoordeeld op 18/10/2017

Ease of use, overview of mailboxes and emails, time-saving shortcuts

Ease of use, overview of mailboxes and emails, time-saving shortcuts

Pluspunten

Love seeing all message threads with the contact to the right when an email is open
Like being able to star certain boxes so they show up first
Love being able to have stored replies
Like being able to keep notes that you can see at a glance upon opening an email

Minpunten

Don't like that it sometimes takes a bit for the numbers to refresh in mailboxes, from time to time.
Don't like that you can't order or resize the starred mailboxes
Don't like that multiple addresses for the same person aren't flagged somehow

Margo
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

My everyday support system

Beoordeeld op 30/9/2020

Overall Ive been very happy with my experience.

Overall Ive been very happy with my experience.

Pluspunten

I absolutely love the templates, and tagging features. Also the knowledge base was super easy to set up.

Minpunten

I would love to be able to create templates for subject lines!

Intercom

Redenen om over te stappen op Help Scout

Price
Matthew
Matthew
  • Sector: Internet

Makes life SO much easier

Beoordeeld op 7/9/2015

HelpScout has become an essential, can't-do-without part of my workday with how savvy and helpful it is in organizing contact with our customers and giving us a handy module for FAQs to boot.

Pluspunten

- Keeping un-answered emails bolded even after you've read it once,
- "Traffic Cop" for keeping egg off your face in case you send an email before reading a follow-up email from the customer
- Intuitive inbox and Doc-editing interfaces
- Ability to tag email addresses and assign conversations to a particular team member
- "Show original" option to see the email in its original formatting, in case HelpScout's interface isn't able to accommodate
- Quick customer service response times, to fix problems in a pinch
- about 20 other things :-)

Pretty minor, really:
- Sometimes the inbox counts don't always update automatically (between 30 seconds and a few mins, depending on the day)
- I honestly can't think of any others (seriously, it's that good)

• Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Useful tool for managing customer communication

Beoordeeld op 25/9/2018

Pluspunten

I liked the ability to create complex rule sets that auto-filter certain types of conversations to appropriate mailboxes. Without this, there would be a lot of noise experienced by our various internal users

Minpunten

Not significant, but would be great if users were given a more expansive toolkit for editing copy (fonts, sizes, etc).