Salesforce Sales Cloud reviews

Very functional product

Beoordeeld op 10/11/2020

Industry leading software
Massive community support network
High volume of add-ins and extensions
Intuitive natural user interface (lightning)
Easy reporting
Highly customizable

Minpunten

Some administration/development is quite complicated for newer admins
Product support, even on premier, is frustrating. Had to explain the same issue to each tier of support. Often I resolved our issue on my own.
Mobile app has been inconsistently working for both iPhone and Android for the last year or so.
Some browser based issues & Mac v. PC Java based issues.

Pipedrive

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

Insightly was failing our organization for multiple reasons. The user interface was never the prettiest and the system took a lot to train users to use. However, the biggest sin was several API updates broke various integrations we had. After a few fatal API updates we decided to jump ship to another system.

Insightly

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pipedrive was not as powerful / customizable as we were accustomed to with Insightly. Apto is based on Salesforce but is highly tailored and not customizable as well. Ultimately, a system with the ability to customize workflows, designs/interfaces, and integrations was critical to our need.
Nhicole Anne
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

CRM like no other

Beoordeeld op 11/4/2024

Pluspunten

Easy implementation and its configuration is easier compared to on-premises CRM systems.

Minpunten

You really need a stable internet connection cause it relies fully on the internet.

Brent W
Brent W

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Greats software for CRM but expensive and hard to impliment

Beoordeeld op 23/4/2021

My overall experience was frustrating and the lack of support only clouded the quality of the product. When we ask for support we were told we had to go to a third party to get any help on our implementation. This was not clearly communicated when we were sold the software.

Pluspunten

Saleforce is the standard for the industry and has a price tag to match. When we implements Sales force we had 2 sales people and 6 PM’s that used it. The customization and automation where fantastic features and of great benefit. The sales to customer success migration was also a valuable feature for us.

Minpunten

The software was expensive and the sales person made licensing sales complicated and confusing. Once we were sold on the software our sales person disappeared and we had another rep who basically said deal with what you have. We wanted to change our model around but at the time Salesforce did not let us do this. We let the license expire and moved to another product

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

We wanted a more professional solution that would help both sales but also customer success

HubSpot Marketing Hub

The customization
Ethan
  • Sector: Duurzaamheid en milieu

Great Product for Data Driven Users

Beoordeeld op 9/2/2024

Pluspunten

Great organization of everything you could think of. Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Projects, Services you name it. Your whole company can operate out of salesforce.

Minpunten

Implementation and set up can behard if you do not know your processes very well.

Buildertrend en HubSpot CRM

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

Limitations in both of those CRMs. Insightly was cross object reporting and RJR was setting up custom fields for an industry that organization is not familiar with.

Insightly

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

All companys first make a Salesforce integration before any other CRM
samah
  • Sector: Medische praktijk
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Salesforce Sales Cloud: A Comprehensive and User-Friendly CRM Solution with High Customization...

Beoordeeld op 16/5/2024

Pluspunten

The aspect I appreciated the most about Salesforce Sales Cloud is its user-friendly interface combined with robust analytics and reporting capabilities. This combination makes it incredibly easy to navigate and use while providing powerful tools to track performance and gain valuable insights from sales data. The seamless integration with other tools and systems also significantly enhances productivity and workflow efficiency

Minpunten

The aspect I liked least about Salesforce Sales Cloud is its high cost, which can be a significant barrier for small businesses or startups. Additionally, the complexity involved in customization can be challenging, often requiring advanced technical knowledge or the assistance of experts to tailor the system to specific business needs

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

SALESFORCE IS AWESOME FOR SALES TEAMS

Beoordeeld op 15/2/2024

Pluspunten

You can see everything; you can document emails, calls, sending them messages from marketing if they call and ask about it

Minpunten

Lot of manual and special objects for migration

HubSpot Sales Hub en Lead Liaison

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

Cmpro was terrible and should never be used

CMPRO

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

Tied into everything easier because there were already patches and apps
Chad
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Teachers Opinion

Beoordeeld op 14/5/2024

I have used this for years for my work as a teacher. It hasn't ever done me wrong.

Pluspunten

Easy to check for shifts and see your schedule for the month on the calendar

Minpunten

I dont know what to do with anything else except go to check my schedule so that would the thing I like least

Tony
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Excellent Value and Reliability

Beoordeeld op 1/6/2024

It was excellent. Would recommend to anyone looking for a CRM.

It was excellent. Would recommend to anyone looking for a CRM.

Pluspunten

Salesforce is the best for a reason. Their seamless integration makes finding and closing deals a breeze.

Minpunten

I wish there was an ai version we could interface with.

Adam
  • Sector: E-learning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A great customer crm system

Beoordeeld op 22/5/2024

We have a positive experience with the system in our company

We have a positive experience with the system in our company

Pluspunten

It is an easy to use and integrate system

Minpunten

The staff training and onboarding can take some time

Olivia
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Good software amongst many others!

Beoordeeld op 22/5/2024

Salesforce is a super powerful software that is great for non-profit management and has a great customer service team always willing to help!

Pluspunten

Salesforce has a very built-out system for so many different aspects of non-profit management. We never had to ask for anything to be implemented as it was already there!

Minpunten

Sometimes the software is not the most user friendly and it took a couple of different trainings for our employees to understand how to most effectively use the software.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Werving en selectie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Salesforce was a game changer for us

Beoordeeld op 18/9/2019

This solution is very customizable but you better have someone who has been trained to make those changes. This is the first software that I've taken classes to keep learning because it is so complex. But the API is basically wide open so that gives us an infinite amount of opportunity.

Pluspunten

The UI and UX were definitely well considered and implemented. Training was much easier than anticipated and the customer support has definitely improved over the years. I was very skeptical at first about this "whim" purchase by our CEO without my consultation. However, having used and administered several other CRM's, this was definitely a good move for us.

Also, there are thousands of Apps that you can add to customize your instance.

Minpunten

Cost of administration for a company that doesn't have a Salesforce certified admin might be an issue for some companies.

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

Loved Dynamics CRM but cost of ownership was high with not enough customization for our industry.

David
David
  • Sector: Computernetwerken
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Salesforce Lightning Experience

Beoordeeld op 10/12/2019

Salesforce allows me to keep track of leads and where they are in the sales process. It allows users to customize their own views, although the desired view is not always available. Putting pre-set products into a quote is not hard, but printing out the quote or sending it with a title that is appropriate for a client is more challenging. Overall Salesforce is useful as all members of a sales/marketing team can see linked information, however as a pure sales tool there are better options. I can understand why larger organizations use this program however I don't think it is as flexible as needed for smaller companies/startups.

Pluspunten

This software allows for a very nice layout by which you can see all of your opportunities, stages of the sales life-cycle, quotes, and notes. It is very easy to customize and save reporting so you can run reports daily or weekly. With email tracking you can see how often your emails are read or if a client has even seen an email. There is a lot of connectivity with other programs such as Act-On so marketing can also see how their performance is affecting sales.

Minpunten

The program is not intuitive to use. Some things like customizing reports are very simple while other things, such as printing or customizing a quote are more challenging. There are items on Salesforce Classic view which are not visible in the "better" Lightening view. Seeing daily tasks requires customizing the tasks field rather than just appearing on your dashboard as a daily list. Once a lead has been changed to an opportunity the view changes and you can no longer see tasks that you had previously set up. Notes become harder to find and this usually causes the sales team to create a duplicate account for each client which is messy and harder to keep track of.

Regina
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Powerful, All in One CRM

Beoordeeld op 4/2/2021

I am a Salesforce Admin and I work in Salesforce daily. I enjoy using the CRM, I find it very easy to use and reliable.

Pluspunten

I like the tons of features that Salesforce has built into it. Those features are easy to use, easy to implement, and adoption rates are relatively high, even for people without a technical background (very important for sales users).

Minpunten

I found Salesforce difficult to navigate when I first started using it, so it can seem daunting to new users until they get a feel for navigation. I also feel that Salesforce is rather expensive per license. I know the cost is worth it for all of the features that are provided, but still rather expensive.

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

We needed more integration with third-party systems that we were not achieving in Dynamics CRM.

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

We were already using Salesforce so decided to end the life of our Dynamics CRM.
Eric R
Eric R
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Salesforce is the best CRM if money is no issue and you customize it to your needs

Beoordeeld op 11/5/2021

SFS was a great solution for a company I worked for because I was able to spend the time to configure for optimal use. By understand the needs of the sales team, support team, and even our engineers who had minimal interaction with SFS, I was able to achieve a lot. I never got us into internal messaging, but I did improve our lead capture and qualification process with SFS.

Pluspunten

SFS is a very powerful piece of software that is a dream if you take the the time to configure it and a nightmare if you don't. Those who fail with SFS are the people who think it's a turnkey solution that you can just buy and start using. Nope. You need to configure the heck out of it to suit your needs. If you take it seriously, capture workflows and goals for your team well, and take the time to set it up, you will be very happy with this solution. It doesn't need to take years, but it does take dedicated time.

Minpunten

The pricing is high. Social media tools for the application are pretty weak. Plus, out of the box, it's overwhelming and just not usable.

Sage CRM, Zoho CRM, NetSuite, SAP Business One en Basecamp

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] liked the power of Salesforce and felt that a weak sales pipeline would hurt us. So, we focused on optimizing, getting many module solutions to add to Salesforce, and it was working well. The sheer mass of options in the Salesforce Marketplace was also impressive and led to us thinking this was the right solution for people not afraid of paying for the premium option.
Emily
Emily
  • Sector: Human Resources
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Forever a Love Hate Relationship as an SFDC Admin

Beoordeeld op 9/9/2021

If you are a brand new Salesforce customer, regardless of your company size, MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH AND HIRE A SOLID AND TRUSTWORTHY TEAM TO SETUP YOUR INSTANCE out-of-the-box and that THEY DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything they've done within SFDC. Also, PICK YOUR ADMINS, POWER-USERS, AND DEVELOPERS CAREFULLY AND MINDFULLY! Do NOT let inexperienced/basic users have admin rights.
SFDC is SOOOOOOOO easy to mess all the way up if you're not careful and will end up costing your company way more money and time to fix and typically, as I have seen personally too many times, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s will just blame the tool itself and fire their SFDC resources assuming it's their fault the platform doesn't meet needs and even just cancel the contract. Then they're left scrambling to meet even basic business needs while putting their large goals in an unattainable/unachievable position. Never trust a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to know anything about or be reliable sources for what is done in and with SFDC.

Pluspunten

I LOVE Lightning as a whole, and I personally believe it was Salesforce's best huge update/release since I first started using the platform in 2011. My favorite Lightning feature is Lightning App Builder for its non-code-based UI and its simplified yet vast customization capabilities.
I also f*ing love AppExchange, Trailhead, and the seemingly endless list of available integrations.

Minpunten

I'm sorry (but not sorry) to say, I HATE how very very little SFDC has improved their incumbent reporting and dashboard functionalities and UI. It's been one of the primary areas of SFDC, as an admin, I use the absolute most yet I always find myself having to resort to external reporting/data analysis tools (shout out to my Ride-or-Die, Excel!) to accomplish all of the data analysis and reporting needed in my role. Einstein Analytics (formerly Wave Analytics) is a godsend but costs a little too much ON TOP OF the already exorbitant price we pay just for base licenses.

Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365 en HubSpot CRM

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce leads the CRM industry, of course, so it's usually a companies first choice when acquiring a CRM. It integrates with almost everything, has a nebulous laundry list of functionalities and customizations, there's super valuable free resources available from AppExchange to Trailhead and more, and so on.
Avash
Avash

Full Fledged CRM for Every Business

Beoordeeld op 16/5/2022

My overall experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud has been exceptional. It's easy to implement, maintain and teach others to use it. The functions and flows are intuitive and easy to navigate once we get some experience. I highly recommend Salesforce Sales Cloud to every business as it can be used by businesses of any size.

Pluspunten

While there is a bit of a learning curve - Salesforce has exceptionally good and intuitive flows we get used to it. Another thing I like very much about Salesforce Sales Cloud is its scalability. Any business size can use it and scale it as the business grows which is rare in other CRMs as most are dedicated to certain business sizes. It is also flexible and customizable. I have set it up for a few clients of mine with little deviation in usage requirements and it worked perfectly with all of them. There is also a lot of automation that we can directly use - also we can take benefits of easy integrations available with other service providers. Also, it generally has more functions than we need so we don't need to worry much if the software is enough for a company. Maintaining it is also easy as every cloud service. Also, as with every cloud service - we can access it from different kinds of devices which is a added bonus.

Minpunten

I don't think there is much to dislike about Salesforce Sales Cloud - I think the pricing for small businesses can be better. Also, there is a bit of a learning curve but that's okay as of all CRM I have used to date - Salesforce was relatively easier to learn.

Sam
  • Sector: Machine- en installatiebouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best CRM in the world but comes at a price

Beoordeeld op 30/9/2022

Even though it's super expensive and you often need bolt-ons (paid or not) to do things that you think should be standard functionality, the fact it's so customisable and easy to use makes those additional headaches and annoyances go away.

Pluspunten

Sales Cloud is immensely customisable. Out of the box it has solid features but the ease at which someone can learn how to customise the system, all the way to building custom objects and flows is incredibly valuable. It's super easy to use as well

Minpunten

It has some really daft issues, like sorting line items in a Quote needs a free appexchange program and even that's unreliable (with some users seeing different ordering). It also has very limited Quote template customisation, so you're pretty much forced to pay for a plugin like Conga Composer. It's very expensive and although there's lots of bolt-ons, it's all at increased cost.

Zoho CRM

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

Prospect was coming to end of life and the SaaS equivalent was not good enough

Prospect CRM
Brian
  • Sector: Horeca

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Does everything, but doesn't do anything better than competitors

Beoordeeld op 13/11/2023

Overall, it's been a great experience. Salesforce is much more costly than some other options out there, but the issue is once you have it set up. It is difficult and pricey to go to another alternative. That's how they get you hooked, as soon as you're set up. Even if you have headaches with the system, you'll have more headaches trying to leave.

Pluspunten

Salesforce can do absolutely everything. If you can get an intelligent salesforce administrator, you can customize Salesforce in any way you like to work exactly how you need for your organization.

Minpunten

Making organizational changes to the system is sometimes needlessly difficult. To have an efficiently run Salesforce database, you must employ or hire an administrator to make major changes for you. If you're looking to alter major things within the system, oftentimes, you must rely on Salesforce's help, and often that takes a long time and is sometimes difficult to understand their service reps.

Pipedrive, SugarCRM en HubSpot CRM

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

At the time, we were able to negotiate an amazing deal with Salesforce. 2 years later that deal disappeared and the prices hiked astronomically
Lee
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Fine for enterprise but if you're a small company then stay away

Beoordeeld op 24/3/2019

Pretty poor, as mentioned their customer service is the main reason we are leaving as they just flat out ignore your emails or cases you open until you tweet them. I get that this is more for large companies, but don't offer it to 8 users then if you're going to just ignore them and not support them. Thankfully our contract is done in 3 months and we are switching to Dynamics 365 as they do bill in CAD as we are done with paying a different amount every 6 months depending on the exchange rate.

Pluspunten

We have used Salesforce for years and when it used Classic we mostly liked how fast it was to use the system, create custom modules, add records etc. It helps us track our open opportunities, wins, funnel by rep and all your standard CRM functions you can get anywhere.

Minpunten

When they switched to Lightning the performance took a nose dive and is crazy slow. Our main issue though is that we only have 8 users, which to Salesforce is of course small and therefore you get zero support. When we signed up we asked to pay in CAD but were told that's only for larger companies and that we have to pay in USD. They said credit card is fine, so for the first 2 years we paid with credit card no problem, and even got $300 in points every 6 months due to the high amount of the service as we have Enterprise edition. When we got our last invoice 4 months ago, I went to pay it and was unable to. I called in and was told Salesforce doesn't accept credit cards anymore, and to "simply" mail them a cheque. I said fine, but what is the total in CAD since I can't write a cheque in USD as we are in Canada. They said sorry that's not possible it has to be USD. So now any time I need to pay our bill I have to go to the bank, wait in line, do a bank draft, and pay a $30 bank fee to send them their wire transfer.

When contacting their billing team or sales, no one ever replies even when I open a case. I literally have had to tweet them my case number every single time before they respond. We have had 5 different account managers in 3 years as they seem to have high turn over. When you email them they ignore you, but if you email them again and say you're looking at upgrading your plan or buying another user, they reply immediately of course.

Alley
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Salesforce is a Dream!

Beoordeeld op 7/8/2019

I use it daily. I live in salesforce and I'm in marketing. I use it to keep up with my team and to try to use chatter to highlight what is working and showcase certain accounts. I also like to follow the wins and losses to try to get a feel for where we can improve.

Pluspunten

Everything. I love salesforce. I love its ease of use, navigation, walk-me, training, integration, features, functionality, you name it. Chatter is my favorite feature and once adopted by organizations you see the whole organization migrate to making salesforce their homepage. I love the adaptation the teams have to it and that you can customize your dashboard so sales, marketing, integration, and other teams can all use it as they need to.

Minpunten

The cost, and sometimes Salesforce does not do a good job of showing the interoperability it has. There are so many features that make it a one-stop-shop for companies large and small, but it seems if the product is sold as a sales tool, it remains that way instead of showing the integration options for marketing and other teams.

HubSpot Marketing Hub en Zoho CRM

features and functionality

HubSpot CRM

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

I went to dreamforce and was sold!
Ron
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Everything you would ever need including a large monthly bill

Beoordeeld op 29/9/2020

Overall my experience has been great. It's expensive, complex, powerful and huge. It will do anything you need. I've become a big fan.

Pluspunten

Salesforce is extremely customizable. I have been able to make it do pretty much everything I need. It has allowed me to shape and mold it to perfectly fit our sales processes and workflow. I love this software. The customer support has been outstanding as well. There is always somebody that can field my questions. I like the web-hosting. I like the layout of the UI. My sales people of been ab le to quickly adopt it.

Minpunten

This software is expensive. Unless you buy the Enterprise license (the most expensive), you're going to get nickel-and-dimed. Just found out I'm going to need to pay $25 extra for each user per month just so I can use the API which will let me automate my integration with Quickbooks. The Salesforce Inbox app looks amazing, but that's going to cost me extra as well. Want more custom workflows? You'll need to pay extra. Want click-to-call functionality? Get out your wallet. Also, because of the complexity of learning the system and building out a custom installation for my business, it has almost become a fulltime job for me. I don't know how any business could adopt Salesforce without a technical admin with lots of spare time.

I absolutely hate the "cutesy" visual branding. The artistic decorations in the UI make it feel like I'm using some scrap-booking software. I feel like the look-and-feel was designed for a pre-teen girl. Children dressed up in animal costumes, cartoon animals, floating animated hearts... really?? What were they thinking. It is the opposite of professional. When my sales team first saw the branding they immediately assumed this was some children's software. It made a lousy first impression. The features are amazing, but dressing them with flowers and ice-cream detracts.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

"Salesforce Sales Cloud: the best sales management tool"

Beoordeeld op 23/3/2023

Salesforce Sales Cloud has helped us solve several problems in our business. Before using the platform, we had difficulty tracking leads and sales opportunities, as well as identifying growth opportunities in our existing customer base. Salesforce Sales Cloud has helped us solve these problems by providing a comprehensive, integrated sales management solution that allows us to easily track leads, opportunities, and customers.By using Salesforce Sales Cloud, we've also been able to improve our sales process by streamlining administrative tasks and allowing our sales team to focus on the most important tasks, such as prospecting and closing sales We've also seen improved communication and collaboration between different members of our sales team, thanks to the platform's information-sharing capabilities.Ultimately, Salesforce Sales Cloud has helped us improve our efficiency and profitability by optimizing our sales process and helping us identify new growth opportunities within our existing customer base. We've also gained real-time visibility into sales performance, which has allowed us to make informed decisions and adjust our strategy accordingly

Pluspunten

Intuitive and easy-to-use user interfaceWide range of sales management features, including contact management, opportunity management, lead management and sales forecastingCustomisation of the interface to suit the needs of the businessSeamless integration with other applications and services, including marketing automation toolsReal-time tracking of sales performance and targetsComprehensive customer relationship management (CRM) with integrated customer service and marketing capabilitiesAccess to quality customer support, with online training and documentation resources available

Minpunten

High cost of the solution, which may not be affordable for small businesses or businesses with low budgetsNeed for customisation and configuration to meet business needs, which can be time-consuming and require technical skillsComplexity of the platform, which may require training and expertise for optimal useLimitations in customising reports and dashboardsSome advanced features are only available in the more expensive editions of Salesforce Sales Cloud.

Adrienne
  • Sector: E-learning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Salesforce -- number 1 tool I use every day as a GTM Ops Leader!

Beoordeeld op 13/9/2023

I have overall had a great experience with Salesforce. The only other similar tool I've used in the past is Infusionsoft and Salesforce is LEAGUES better! I could never go back.

Pluspunten

I can honestly say that I would not be able to do my job as a Director of GTM Operations without Salesforce. I like that I am easily able to track note from customer calls and use templates to make that even more streamlined. I use reporting functionality extensively and find that ability to clone reports (or save as a copy) to be something that saves be hours each week. I'm able to easily use a report I already have to deliver on what my leaders are requesting or need (often with a short turnaround). I like that I'm able to easily export data from salesforce to a spreadsheet where I can further manipulate it as needed. This is something that I find myself doing on a regular basis.

Minpunten

I have found the login process to be annoying and would prefer that I could us multifactor authentication in a manner without needing my phone. I prefer to not work with my phone near me so needing to authenticate sometimes multiple times per day is frustrating. As certain fields have been removed from Salesforce, I've noticed there is lack of ability to check dependencies prior to someone hiding a field.

Piotr
Piotr
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Klantenondersteuning

Jack of all trades in the CRM world, yet, imperfect and expensive.

Beoordeeld op 27/7/2018

Pluspunten

It's a very complex and versatile piece of software, there's a lot to like about it:

- it can be used for Sales and Service
- it is cloud-based and can be used by teams scattered around the whole world
- it can be customised to suit all business types, from selling companies to clinics etc.
- it has a very rich marketplace, if you did not find what you were after baked in, you will probably find it in the AppExchange
- it has a lot of integrations, e.g. email, CTI
- it is cross-platform, you can use it on phones, tablets, MacOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux
- it is very secure and has a very granular security options
- you have access to all your data, you can export raw data anytime you need it for security and migration purposes
- it has an insane deal of automation, you can apply a lot of automatic jobs, workflows, processes that will automate your daily tasks, allowing you to focus on the most important tasks for your business cutting down on the admin for the regular users

Minpunten

- first of all, it is quite expensive, on the other hand, building and using an in-house CRM can be even more expensive, before purchasing, however, make sure if you need all the bells and whistles, as you might just as well get a competitor's CRM that will suit your needs and will be cheaper
- complexity has its price, to configure all of this, you will need a bunch of well trained certified and experienced admins, employing incompetent admins will expose your business to unnecessary downtimes
- competent and experienced admins, on the other hand, are also very expensive and not necessarily easy to find
- Salesforce can be very fragile to changes, making a small change can sometimes cause a chain reaction immobilizing your business, every change has to be thoroughly tested in Sandboxes

Before deciding to use Salesforce I recommend doing a research to make sure your business will benefit from Salesforce's features. It is a great tool and can really help your business provided there is a good justification. Otherwise, you might be better off with something simpler.

Eric
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Average usability - management focused

Beoordeeld op 27/2/2015

Pluspunten

It does the basics. It tracks contacts and opportunities, and the basic reporting seems to work ok. On my phone I use the Classic Sales Force app, and it is fine for contacts, recording some activities and logging phone calls. And yes, it is convenient to have this accessible on the web from any device I may have on me.

Minpunten

The account setup workflow is not very good. Entering a new account with contact, activity and opportunity info is very clunky. You enter the basic account info- address, phone and whatever account flags but then you have to save the info and then go into Contacts. Then you have to go into Activities, then into Opportunities. This may sound silly, but when you are asked to do this for every account, the extra clicks are tiresome and inefficient. It should flow directly from account info to contacts to activities to Opportunities with minimal clicks and maximum efficiency. Again, one of those indicators that this is not focused on the actual user but rather the manager who wants reports.

The contact association is just awful. When you are in a specific account and enter an activity, there is a spot to associate a contact name with the activity. he "awful" comment is that if you input an individual's name in the field, and there happen to be similar names in Salesforce in other accounts, it will force you to look at them all and make sure you have the right name with the right account instead of limiting its search to the account you are in. This takes additional clicks and time thereby adding to inefficiency and time waste which is contrary to the point of this type of program.

The Contacts section is challenged as well. If you are in a contact within an account but now need to view another contact within that same account, it is not possible to simply move to a list of the account contacts and choose your next contact to work with. You must go out to the main account screen and then go back into the contacts section. Again, this is disappointing due to the inefficiency and lack of focus on the day-to-day user.

Another disappointment is the rigidity of the system. Specifically, there is no free-form To-Do list. Everything must be linked to an activity or event of some kind. While this is understandable to a degree, everyone (well maybe there are a few exceptions out there) has some to-do's that will fall into the free-form realm. So without it, the choice to simply find one more app to work with for those, or maybe use paper or a notebook.

Regarding support - I used to be able to call in and ask questions. That has now been changed and the last time I tried I was unsuccessful in contacting a human being on the phone. Very disappointing.

We sell copiers and equipment belonging to each account is recorded within salesforce. To get a report on the equipment related to a particular account is almost impossible to do. In spite of the claims made by Salesforce that if something is recorded in Salesforce then it can be reported on, i would say "maybe, sometimes."

Finally, I use the Salesforce classic mobile app on my Android phone. When looking up contacts it doesn't just pull up my Salesforce contacts, it access all of my contacts. It's very messy when you are looking for a contact in Salesforce.