FreshBooks

4,5 (3.778)
Cloud Accounting Software voor eigenaren van kleine bedrijven.

(3.778)

• Sector: Administratie
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Beautiful Invoices

Beoordeeld op 13/7/2022

Overall this is a good option for simple small and micro-businesses. You can also use this software for only invoicing and another for bookkeeping and payroll is needed with integrations.

Pluspunten

Out of all the accounting software FreshBooks has the best-looking and more customizable invoices I have used. Set up was easy it allowed me to set automatic payments and reoccurring invoices. Easily integrates to QuickBooks and Stripe.

Minpunten

The bookkeeping features for bookkeeping are not as developed as the competitors but this is a good software for a sole-proprietorship or a small business.

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

Invoicing rules and automation were required with one of my clients and FreshBooks was our best options.
Julia Maria
  • Sector: Informatiediensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

It amply met my expectations and satisfies the company's needs.

Beoordeeld op 23/7/2022

When we implemented it, it was a lifesaver, as it makes day-to-day financial work easy and not at all intimidating, especially. It helped us save a lot of time, as we can focus on what we do and let Freshbooks do the rest. I especially like the professional look of the invoices without having to spend too much time designing or using design software. Anyone can create an attractive and professional invoice in minutes and I appreciate that.

Pluspunten

I like how adaptable it is and how it can be used for any need. We have been using it in the company for a couple of years now, I already knew it from my freelance work and I can attest to the goodness and simplicity of the system. At the moment we have the Plus subscription and I find it very complete and affordable.

Minpunten

I would like the application to be more complete and useful because I would like to have a complete view of my invoices when I am not at my desk.

Redenen om voor FreshBooks te kiezen

One problem I often had when working with Quickbooks is that it sometimes took too long to load and was too slow; in fact, that was one of the reasons we switched to another platform (Freshbooks).

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

We can use Freshbooks for business, integrating other applications, or tracking software for things like inventory.
Jacob
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

False Advertising and Lack of Support

Beoordeeld op 24/6/2022

My overall experience with FreshBooks has been like watching a masterclass on how not to run a business and how not to treat customers. I regret that I didn't leave years ago when the company tanked to what it is now. I wish FreshBooks could/would solve the technical issues with their product but since they don't even try, I am evaluating other options for software.

Pluspunten

When I started using FreshBooks in 2014 it was really great software - the price was amazing, the features worked as advertised, and the support was better than anything I had ever experienced before. But that changed many years ago and has been a steady and rapid decline in every way.

Minpunten

This software doesn't work as advertised. I have had an open ticket with support since March and though they acknowledge that this is a known issue attached to my support ticket, there has been ZERO progress made on the ticket, they don't communicate any updates, they don't offer apologies or refunds, they just expect me to pay for their software while they do absolutely nothing to solve a known problem to a highly advertised feature of the product that remains nonfunctioning for going on 5 months.

Antwoord van FreshBooks Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hey Jacob, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue in your FreshBooks account, and the impact this has had on your use of the software.

Our Support Team is here to assist however we are able to. If you still have a ticket with one of my colleagues on the Support Team, you can follow up with them regarding any inquiry about your account or billing. Alternatively, you can give us a call - our numbers are listed here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Fran
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

So much better than Quickbooks

Beoordeeld op 7/7/2022

I started with Freshbooks back in 2011, a colleague recommended I switch to Quickbooks, which I did. It only lasted a year before I went back to Freshbooks. Even though it was a pain to switch, it was worth it because when I have a problem with Freshbooks, I just send an email to [email protected] and they answer me the same day, usually. With Quickbooks, it was too hard to get support. It's not a double entry bookkeeping program, so if you need that, it's not for you. But for basic invoicing (including automatic recurring on any timeframe), time tracking, expense tracking, and reporting, it's perfect.

Pluspunten

Easy to use, interface. Excellent customer support.

Minpunten

There is a chrome extension for tracking time, in addition to within the app. The chrome extension was recently updated and is now not working properly. When you type the project name in it doesn't auto search, you have to scroll them all of them (and I have a lot) to select it now. They will fix it, i'm sure.
Sometimes have trouble with expense syncing, and would like more features to make that faster and easier to categorize.

Harvest

Redenen om voor FreshBooks te kiezen

Support was lacking, and too difficult to use.

Ngenge
  • Sector: Computersoftware

FreshBooks

Beoordeeld op 4/7/2022

It's the best tool for invoicing. I really recommend it.

Pluspunten

The only Invoicing genius thta came our way by far. FresBooks has one of the best pricing plans currently and offers awesome invoice managerial permeabilities that helps save time, money and stress.

It's easy to use and delivers real-time reportings which provides more autonomy over business and control over productivity(although, for some reasons we do not offer pricing plans on our website anymore).

Freshbooks is extremely powerful when it comes to automatic follow-up for non-paid invoices and helps save time.

Freshbooks will take care of all your accounting tasks- I highly recommend it.

Minpunten

No issues or bug with it. Maybe they should keep cutting down the price (hahaha)..

Barbara
  • Sector: Juridische dienstverlening
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Satisfactory Alternative to Quickbooks

Beoordeeld op 1/7/2022

Pluspunten

It works for us because our team is all contractors and freelancers so we don't have to pay for each person using it, it also allows us to easily bill and invoice and the recurring payment feature is useful.

Minpunten

The fact that we've reached out client limit but the next tier is more than double the cost so it's just cost prohibitive for us.

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

Easier to use and better suited for our needs.
Brad
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

FreshBooks as an invoicing tool only

Beoordeeld op 22/7/2022

Easy to work with, and easy to teach to employees.

Pluspunten

The ease of learning. The company also offered an excellent system of learning and help in the initial onboarding of our entire 5000 plus customer base.

Minpunten

Unfortunately as of yet there doesn’t seem to be a way to scan and attach an existing invoice that wasn’t created in FreshBooks.

Redenen om voor FreshBooks te kiezen

We are moving from paper to paperless and this seems to have been a better less expensive option.

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

Cost, cost, and cost. Also ease of use.
Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Computernetwerken

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

the best invoicing and accounting tool in business

Beoordeeld op 24/6/2022

the application is Very practical, and secure and complete. it meets 98% of my company's needs.

Pluspunten

FreshBooks offers a simple yet effective way to manage expenses, invoices, reports, and time tracking.

Minpunten

some bugs in FreshBooks email clicks and automated expenses that doesn't work to our liking.

ZipBooks, Venmo en PayPal Zettle

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

the application is flexible and easy to manage, it has several elements so we need in accounting in the company. I recommend
Skye
  • Sector: Omroepen
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Freshbooks Review

Beoordeeld op 28/6/2022

The benefits and problem solved by freshbooks have helped me because now I am more informed on a lot.

Pluspunten

Product(s) were always easy to use, impactful in my life making a big difference. I enjoy them.

Minpunten

I don’t think there’s anything that I dislike or had a bad experience with freshbooks. I like the product(s).

PayPal, Cash App, Venmo en Chime

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

I chose freshbooks because it’s easier to use than any other I’ve used and I prefer it more.
Kathy
  • Sector: Mediaproductie
  • Maandelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Get A Fresh Start With FreshBooks

Beoordeeld op 28/7/2022

Handling invoices, whether incoming or outgoing, is a task that would be best handled by The Payroll Dept. Except as a one-person operation, I AM the Payroll Dept, and have always struggled with the time-consuming process. FreshBooks has allowed me to turn this from a 'too many moving parts' activity into a brisk and efficient way of taking care of business.

Pluspunten

FreshBooks has similified the annoyance of invoicing by streamlining the process so that even a 'creative' type can handle the input and be happy with the results.

Minpunten

The only thing I 'like least' is that I just found FreshBooks in May when I could have been using it for years! My free trial led me to become a Real Paying Customer

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

Having tried other similar products, I found them too labor intensive, not intuitive enough for my impatient soul. FreshBooks has freed me from pouring too much time into handling the money-in/out end of the operation!
Sara
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great accounting and invoicing software

Beoordeeld op 13/6/2022

Easy-to-use: Freshbooks A lot of functions are available and you can get started in a short period of time. Clients will love this for making payments. Freshbooks' user-friendliness and the fact that all of my clients are saved there are two things I really like. All of my client data has been held there for more than a decade.

Pluspunten

FreshBooks has a really visually appealing interface, and that's something I really like. Even after a long day at work, logging in never leaves me feeling drained. When I log in, the most crucial information is right there on the dashboard. FreshBooks can help me operate my design business. Tracking my time, creating estimates and invoicing, creating projects, setting up regular retainers, etc. are just some of the things I do.

Minpunten

As a result, there can be a lot of confusion when it comes to automatic payments. The smartphone app itself also needs a lot of work. In addition, the FreshBooks customer service needs improvement. I'd like to see some of the more expensive plans' extras available to everyone.

Molly
  • Sector: Fotografie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

FreshBooks as a Photographer (solo small business)

Beoordeeld op 26/5/2022

I have been using FreshBooks for over 2-years and am currently using it. I used FreshBooks a long time ago when they were new and more minimal. It has been great to see them grow up. The cost is a bit steep so I may not continue to use them -- I'm 50/50 at the moment. If they provided more value for the cost I would consider it a good investment, but paying for a CRM on top of that is expensive. Overall I do love the software!

Pluspunten

I love the clean and friendly UX of FreshBooks! It is a pretty efficient piece of software that helps me get paid quickly and easily. I feel it has grown up so much over the years too. Invoicing is super easy and tracking expenses. Those are my primary base needs to run my business.

Minpunten

I do wish that entering client information was a bit more intuitive as I feel like I'm doing input for a client into my contacts, importing it to my CRM, and then hand inputting into FreshBooks again feels redundant. I would really really really love to see a Mac App to complete the mobility and desktop experience. I dislike having to open a web page to manage things on a daily basis.

Billings Pro en QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Redenen om voor FreshBooks te kiezen

I switched over primarily because the invoicing in Moon Invoice was manual, they did not have a way for clients to make quick and easy payments. I would have to go into PayPal, and create a link with PayPal.me and copy/paste this with my emailed invoices, it was not efficient by any means. I had used FreshBooks previously and 17Hats a long time ago. I opted to try FreshBooks again and have been using it since. The cost of Moon Invoice is what really drew me in as it was $20/annually.

17hats en Moon Invoice

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

FreshBooks just seemed more intuitive. QuickBooks has a long history of being bulky and complicated and expensive software. I keep looking at Billings Pro because I use DayLite now so we will see. :) I think FreshBooks is more advanced.
Maddie
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

FreshBooks made my day at work so much easier

Beoordeeld op 5/5/2022

Integration with customers' books, as well as the option to include team members in the layout, are all included. On the subject of Application Programming Interfaces. It appeals to me since it brings everything together in one convenient location. The entire software is so simple to use that anyone can learn how to use it.

Pluspunten

I appreciate how user-friendly it is, as well as the appearance of the program, and that it has the essentials when it comes to monitoring money and sending invoices and proposals. It's a really amazing piece of software that provides quick alerts. Excels in the area of financial reporting. When it comes to bank reconciliation, the general ledger is really helpful. Excellent in regard to project accounting.

Minpunten

The absence of features like as email automation and scheduling, which are provided by applications such as Dubsado and Honeybook, would be an example. One thing I'd want the developers to improve on is making sure that updates are made at the very least within one hour and not much longer.

Chris
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

Don't Waist Your Money on Any Other Accounting Software

Beoordeeld op 5/8/2021

We struggled to find a solution that would allow us to easily track the time for multiple employees and make billing as simple as a couple of clicks. Most everything we used or tried required multiple systems that either didn't integrate at all or didn't integrate well, and required a lot of time to prep invoices and collect payments. Frehsbooks eliminated all of those issues and paid for itself in the first month.

Pluspunten

It saves my team hours of time every month. It easy to manage clients, track subscriptions, track hours and send invoices. Oh and it makes taxes season a breeze! The milage tracking feature has saved me over thousands per year in taxes since they released it.

Minpunten

The only complaint I have with Freshbooks is the Expenses feature. It has the ability to connect to your bank account to automatically pull in your charges, however, it never stays connected to our bank and it becomes a hassle. But they are great about helping to resolve the issue when it happens.

Zoho Expense

Redenen om voor FreshBooks te kiezen

We needed a system that was easier to use and required less management.

QuickBooks Online Advanced en Harvest

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

It was created by someone who was in the same industry and experienced the same problems I had, and because he built Freshbooks to solve those problems I knew it was the right solution for us.
Tường
  • Sector: Bankwezen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

This software is extremely easy to use.Beautiful user interface, easy to operate and very...

Beoordeeld op 30/10/2020

We work very well with the team thanks to work sharing, document sharing is quick and easy.

Pluspunten

Completely convenient and easy. I find that overall this is a great program I use to start designing for businesses automatically. Can be combined with other apps I am using. No more spending weeks billing and sending to customers. Freshbooks will create an invoice and send it out in seconds send suggestions, track my time, invoice clients and adjust my costs for financial reporting, all in one easy-to-use. Track and control account simply, no longer spend too much effort because of many types of account simply each day. Smart reporting system combined with easy and effective teamwork place.

Minpunten

FreshBooks is designed with auto-leveling and data checking to ensure all numbers are accurate and logical. But since our trades are so accurate, I don't have any negative points

Heather
  • Sector: Grafisch ontwerp
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy no nonsense accounting platform

Beoordeeld op 8/10/2020

I had been using a widely regarded accounting competitor whose system was way more than I needed. FreshBooks allowed me to consolidate several platforms into one - saving me money and time.

Pluspunten

FreshBooks allows me to create estimates & send proposals, track my time, invoice clients and reconcile my expenses for financial reporting all in one easy to use place. I was using 3 different platforms before to do all of this.

Minpunten

It would be nice to have slightly more robust accounting functionality but for the most part it does everything I need it to do. I’d like to be able to track time by quantity rather than just duration.

HoneyBook, 17hats en Bonsai.io

Redenen om voor FreshBooks te kiezen

I wanted something easier to use where I could also create estimates & proposals and track my time.

Redenen om over te stappen op FreshBooks

FB seemed the least complicated. I didn’t need my accounting product to be my virtual assistant, I needed it to make bookkeeping easy for me so I could run my business.
Ryan
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Barely passed high school math - and I'm now the bookkeeper

Beoordeeld op 8/10/2020

I love Freshbooks. We used Quickbooks up until I made the decision in January to say I was done stuggling with their program. We had tried the desk top and online versions and they both are so overwhelming with useless features that just get in the way of the simple bookkeeping and accounting needs that our particular business have.

I have been asked by other women in business, if I can help them with accounting as they start their business, and my first suggestion is that they immediately drop QB and move over to Freshbooks.

From our reports to filing quarterlies, reconciling and estimating - every thing about Freshbooks is better.

I have told my husband I would literally become a volunteer spokesperson for Freshbooks due to how much more enjoyable they have made running the backside of our business.

My ONLY regret is not doing this years ago. That's it. This product is life changing!

Pretty much everything.

The dashboard, estimating, reports, client organization, etc etc. This product is outstanding.

Minpunten

The type A personality in me would love to be able to close out the books monthly, but I'll take the trade off if it means my books stay balanced - which they always do in Freshbooks.

I also wish the mobile app was more of an interactive user app, vs being more of a quick snapshot of our business.

Brad
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus

Accounting for dummies

Beoordeeld op 19/6/2020

Overall I cant fault the product and would definitely recommend it to any business owner. The only thing I wish was possible, is to pay in my local currency for budgeting purposes.

Pluspunten

I started using Freshbooks when I was given the opportunity to start a company in the wedding industry. At the time I had no idea what I was doing when it came to bookkeeping but FreshBooks made it easy to manage. What I loved about the software was the journey I followed, from Quotation to final invoice. The ability to send the quote/invoice with a simple click streamlined my business process. I eventually had to hand over when I couldn't handle the load, and because of the intuitive software, it was an simple handover. When I needed a report, i didn't have to wait for it to come from my bookkeeper, I just jumped online and got what I needed quickly and easily. Oh the cherry on the cake was the app. I used to showcase at trade-shows so the app allowed me to draw up an invoice and email the client without leaving the booth, or needing my laptop.

Minpunten

The price point was a bit of a hard pill to swallow, especially in an economy where the $ is much stronger than my local currency. The fluxuating market made budgeting a nightmare, and when getting a start up off the ground, every cent counts. While I could work around that, the one thing I disliked was the fact that one could go back and edit invoices/quotes post creation. I have since learnt that this is a big no no, but at the time I was non the wiser. I unfortunately lost money due to this, as many cash sales invoices were edited, and the balance pocketed.

Andreas
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

Freshbooks - Still one of the best billing systems around

Beoordeeld op 19/12/2019

Able to run and invoice quickly. Add the strong integration that it has with Freshdesk for ticketing and my time tracking - it has allowed me to better streamline my operations.

Pluspunten

Tracking and customer portal that is fully labeled as your own... this is a feature most competitors do not have. Know when your customers have viewed your invoices and even printed them! Slick mobile app

Minpunten

Pricing has gone up vis a vis other comparable competitors. Ticketing is very basic. One issue that could have been done better is that this is more of a quoting system and not proposal based. So making fancier proposals you are best off using another platform.

Zoho Books en Xero

Redenen om voor FreshBooks te kiezen

Portal for my customers to look at historical invoices.

Russell
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Extraordinary item combined to the friendliest help in financial software

Beoordeeld op 11/5/2019

The most significant thing with this product is efficient. I adore everything about FreshBooks. It is a great application for specialists and little organizations. I have been utilizing it for as long as couple of years and rate it the best programming in the market. At whatever point I had issues, the help group helped me to determine them rapidly with successful arrangements.

Pluspunten

Probably the main motivations we picked FreshBooks over other programming: *Incredibly smooth and simple to utilize interface *Ability to mark your own in hues just as include your logo *Each client can be doled out their own charging gateway login and you can have various customers under one organization however each have diverse username *Utilizes Braintree instalments (our essential vendor processor)
FreshBooks is quick and dependable suite for accounting.FreshBooks is an honour winning money and bookkeeping programming and a standout amongst the best cloud answers for entrepreneurs. It is the present holder of Finances Online's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 just as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the most noteworthy consumer loyalty rates of all comparative applications in this classification. As you will discover in this survey, there is a not insignificant rundown of reasons why our specialists considered FreshBooks for these esteemed affirmations.

Minpunten

*Reporting could be improved *Needs better compromise as far as parities. You can do day by day monetary records, yet I would prefer to have it ascertain how my business is getting along dependent on capital in our present record, at that point factor in what we earned and our costs. *Not useful for organizations that have stock, need stock administration (this I wouldn't really rate as a con nonetheless, on the grounds that Freshbooks was constructed and intended for SERVICE style organizations - for that it works incredible) *Reporting can't be opened in the portable application, you have to get to it through the program *To my insight, you can't maintain different organizations out of one record. We as of now have two organizations and are choosing on the off chance that we are going to open up a different Freshbooks account or if there is another choice that is more qualified for the second business.

Chris
  • Sector: Grafisch ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Improvements need to keep coming ....

Beoordeeld op 27/12/2018

I've been a FreshBooks customer for YEARS and I do like them. I've ridden it out through all the changes and just dealt with how interfaces change and prices change. In the past few years there have been a lot more freelancer payment management systems that have come along. I've looked around, but I find myself staying with what is comfortable even though something else may be better. Fear of the unknown I guess, and not wanting to learn a new system while I'm busy working. I just think there could be some improvements made since the last major interface update. It was like a whole OS upgrade and then no new updates for the past few years -- other than pricing tier changes. There is no sense that FreshBooks is looking to improve and listen to their customers about what features they need or would like to see. Just my opinion and view. I could be very wrong. Thanks.

Pluspunten

Over the years, FreshBooks has made efforts to improve its service and update the levels of programs. The latest change they made to the interface has improved some things but other parts have been left behind and I've personally not seen any updates or changes in the past few years. What I like MOST is what they started with years ago -- the ability to remind clients at the 30, 60, 90 day marks to pay their bills. However, the interface to set that feature up changed a few years ago with their major update and it's not as intuitive now.

Minpunten

I do NOT like the timer starting off before you even choose what project you are working on. This is a SIMPLE FIX. I asked about it years ago and was told that -- yah, basically you launch the timer and then click the pause button while you work out what project you are on -- then start the timer again. Not a good design.

I do NOT like setting up a new project and having a ton of task all added to this new project that I have to deselect -- about 20 or so that I have to remove each time -- and then add in the correct task for that project.

I do NOT like having to deal with setting default payment settings and reminders for each client I set-up. Can't that just be a universal default setting to turn on?

I do NOT like having service tiers change and being told the level I was previously on is changing and this new level will cost more -- and that's what I have to accept now. I'm a independent contractor and I have few clients -- I don't need the next level. But ... whatever.

Erica
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Stellar customer service. Simple interface.

Beoordeeld op 18/12/2018

FreshBooks helps me do the essential tasks of invoices and expenses while also helping me get a big picture view of my business's financial health.

Pluspunten

I started my freelance business nearly 3 years ago, and after initial struggles with Quickbooks (I even had a 2-hour training session with a Quickbooks instructor who just further confused me), I put off dealing with the financial side of my business for over a year (until my CPA was hounding me for tax stuff). Upon the recommendation of another freelancing friend, I decided to give FreshBooks a try. I finally got FreshBooks up and running, and I was amazed at how much it relieved my stress, rather than adding to it. The basic setup is simple and straight-forward, but as my business has grown, I've been impressed with little tricks built into FreshBooks that helps me save time and get a better overall view of my business.

Also, I don't think I've ever experienced such consistently helpful and friendly customer service. Any time I call with a question, the person on the phone is empowered to help me out.

Minpunten

There are even more integrations and advancements that I think FreshBooks could offer to be even better. Here are a few examples:

+ I'd love to be able to do some kind of forecasting of income based either on draft invoices for project currently in the works, or estimates that have been accepted.

+ I wish I could set up estimates so clients could accept/reject specific line items so that I could send one estimate with different options, rather than multiple different estimates.

+ I wish I could apply discounts to specific line items in the invoices rather than the subtotal of the entire invoice so I could discount my services without discounting passed-along expenses I incur.

I've shared such feedback and other minor requests with the FreshBooks team, and they've sounded receptive, so I hope updates/upgrades like these will one day be available.

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Klantenondersteuning

Free accounting apps never worked for me. Finally bit the bullet and am in major LOVE w...

Beoordeeld op 29/7/2018

Pluspunten

This might make me sound superficial but the first thing I loved about Freshbooks was the interface. The icons, the buttons, the way everything looks is so so appealing to me. And it made me want to use the trial version (I did this a little more than 1 year ago). Using it made me feel like I was getting my financial act together. Which it later did, btw.

The time tracker is the best... time saver for me. It records time and then adds everything together in a way that nothing else really did. It seems so obvious but nothing I was using before helped track my hours this way. This is the thing that used to drive me round the bend when it came time to invoicing clients. I used to delay invoicing (aka "getting paid") because my own system was terrible..and I could not find a better way until finally deciding that maybe I needed to pay for something to help me.

I like the notes section for the time entries. I like how flexible it is to shift recorded time entries around or update the text to better describe what work I actually did.

I also love the support from Freshbooks. They're super responsive and extremely helpful. They do not waste my time with a lot of blather I've experienced in so many other customer service situations (like repeating back to me the question I just proferred). They include screenshots and precise language to answer my questions.

Also: Expenses in FB. I now go out of my way to add in expenses as they come w/o avoiding them.

Minpunten

I recommended Freshbooks to a friend of mine who started using it right away. Then he had trouble with a really difficult client he'd billed using Freshbooks. This client (I subcontracted with the friend so am aware of what all happened) contested all of my friend's work and refused payment after paying the Freshbooks invoice. And Freshbooks allowed the chargeback to happen. I think other software does not allow this --- for example, my friend now uses Quickbooks as a result.

I have also experienced some quirks when it came to adding new jobs to repeat clients. This is likely my own error but it's not something I've cared to reach out to the support team to question.

I also have not downloaded a year's incoming and outgoing details to give to an accountant. So I don't know how well that all works. Again, my own thing, and not necessarily on them.

Randall
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

FreshBooks provides small businesses with some of the best invoicing and billing features...

Beoordeeld op 12/7/2018

Billing and invoicing were made much easier using this software.

Pluspunten

FreshBooks gives small businesses a well-designed and intuitive user interface that can easily be used for a variety of different functions, most notably billing, and invoicing. Users are given a wide array of attractive template designs to choose from when creating invoices, allowing for catchy, yet professional looking documents.

FreshBooks also provides users with tools for team collaboration, estimates, and projects, all of which can be easily navigated and set up to increase your small businesses' ability to maximize communication, send automatic reminders, submit proposals, and secure jobs with relative ease.

As an accounting package, FreshBooks also provides users with the ability to perform some fundamental bookkeeping and accounting functions, has some bank reconciliation functions, enables you to accept online credit card payments, and provides many of these features via their full-featured mobile application.

Last but not least, FreshBooks provides excellent customer service from the start. A detailed and easily followed tutorial will help new users get started, while their well-trained staff is always ready to provide users with answers to any questions or issues they may encounter. FreshBooks is very proud of their customer service and their customer satisfaction rating, and it really shows when you speak with one of their representatives.

Minpunten

One limitation in FreshBooks as an accounting package is the fact that they utilize single-entry accounting. While this may not be an obvious flaw to a new small business owner, it will become apparent as more accounts are created, employees are hired, and payment options are implemented. Single-entry accounting is quick and simple, but it certainly leaves something to be desired.

Over the years some application updates have diminished or completely removed some useful features, like service and customer records, and inventory tracking, all of which were very convenient and helpful features.

Richard

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great product paired to the friendliest support in financial software.

Beoordeeld op 18/5/2018

The biggest benefit we receive is how easy it is to send invoices and get paid online. Freshbooks makes this a lot easier than some of the other solutions we've tried over the years.

Pluspunten

Freshbooks is a simple and straight-forward accounting solution. It's delivered with relatively small amount of standard accounting categories so you're not overwhelmed placing expenses into their proper buckets and adding new categories is quite easy.

Our business doesn't have a ton of complex expenses - and if yours does, Freshbooks might not be a good fit. What we love about Freshbooks is how straight-forward their invoicing system has been. It's easy to create recurring invoicing and it integrates with popular credit card processors to facilitate easy online payments.

Perhaps the attribute that has kept us with Freshbooks through the years is their customer service - it's amazing. Customer service has always been super friendly, easy to understand, and they always seen eager to help. This interest and willingness to be helpful goes a long way.

Minpunten

The only con we've experienced with Freshbooks is their limited subscription levels. We've exceed their standard top level package but we're not quite big enough to financially justify a custom/enterprise package. It seems Freshbooks is ideal for customers with a lot of recurring transactions - which, we have more individual transactions than recurring so this is part of our problem. Regardless, Freshbooks staff has always been quite helpful in offering up solutions to help us make the most of our subscription limits (500 active clients).