Mailchimp

4,5 (15.844)
Platform voor e-mail- en reclamemarketing automation

(15.844)

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Hopeloos omslachtige tool

Beoordeeld op 31/5/2021

Pluspunten

+ Veel mogelijkheden om mailflows te maken

Minpunten

- Ongelofelijk omslachtig: alle belangrijke acties zitten onlogisch verstopt achter allerlei onnodige kliks
- Traag
- Onduidelijke userflow, het is heel makkelijk om een campagne per ongeluk inactief te laten staan
- Infantiele restricties op email-adressen toevoegen: als ze al in een lijst zitten, kun je ze niet opnieuw toevoegen, want dat is niet "GDPR" - gaat compleet voorbij aan het feit dat je adressen alleen wil verwijderen en opnieuw wil toevoegen omdat de tool zelf zo hopeloos ineffectief is.

Alex

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value!

Beoordeeld op 3/1/2020

We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Pluspunten

- Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve
- Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months
- Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly
- It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people
- Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive
- Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Minpunten

- Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals
- Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

ActiveCampaign, Sendinblue en AWeber

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Simplicity for both time-strapped clients who need to use it themselves at times, strong support documentation (despite lack of real human support) and wide integration options.
Waseem
  • Sector: Marktonderzoek
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Summary of my 6 month experience with Mailchimp

Beoordeeld op 11/10/2022

My overall experience says that it is good email marketing tool so I recommend it for brands but not for affiliate marketers

Pluspunten

Mailchimp is easy to use and one of the best email marketing tool for brands. I like its user-friendliness and easy management system. It also gives weekly insights which is fabulus.

Minpunten

it can't be used for affiliate marketing

SendGrid

GMass

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Because it is easy to use and it has more functions than others
Andrew Trachtman
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Anders Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Mailchimp - Clunky, Expensive and not worth saving $15.

Beoordeeld op 12/8/2020

My experience with Mailchimp was horrible. I actually switched over to a different service (and I don't mind paying for it). The reason? Better deliverability, simple drag and drop automation, better pricing, better user interface...

I basically took all my contacts and moved over to another autoresponder service.

Mailchimp made me hate mailing.

Pluspunten

The fact that Mailchimp is free to start using is all they have going for them.

It's gotten a lot of people off the ground when it comes to email marketing. I do like how they have a plan that is completely free. They're also great about letting you export your contacts (as of a few months ago).

Their signup form builder is okay too, just don't expect it to integrate well with Wordpress.
(I had trouble getting the embedded form to actually work).

You can also segment your audience, but that's where the positives end for me.

Minpunten

The problem is: I'm pretty sure the free plan has been neutered over the years.

First off, you have to PAY if you want to SCHEDULE when to send your emails. I'm almost positive I used to be able to do that for free.

Second, because their service is free... it attracts low quality mailers. That ends up hurting deliverability rates for everyone using Mailchimp (Deliverability = how likely you are to end up in someone's "primary" email vs promotions or spam).

Third, their user interface is CONFUSING. I always had a ton of trouble navigating their system. I shouldn't need a tutorial to simply use your software. I shouldn't need to look up YouTube videos just to send a one off email to my list...

Not to mention Mailchimp was SLOWWWWW for me.

Before I go off on a rant, here's the cons:
1) There's no automation in the free plan.
2) Their paid plans are stupidly expensive for the lack of features you get (they suck you in for free and know it's going to be hard to switch email platforms - so most people settle and just pay more than they should for sub par features)
3) Poor deliverability (in my experience)
4) No spam checking built in
5) User interface is clunky and hard to navigate
6) They will likely deplatform affiliate mailers
7) You can't schedule when your emails send on the free plan
8) EXTREMELY limited campaign sequences in the free plan (it's basically worthless)

Harsharan Deep
  • Sector: Consumentenelektronica

Mailchimp review

Beoordeeld op 11/11/2022

Overall, The experience is great. Features rich platform which provides all the essentials in one place.

Pluspunten

This provides almost all the features an organization needs to automate emails and manage email marketing. The other most important factor was the integration with Zapier which provides tons of additional functionality.

Minpunten

Wait time for a response from customer service is from 24 to 48 hours. It always took me around 36 to 48 hours to receive a response. In times of urgency, it can cause serious issues and problems. Most organization don't have that much wait time on their hand and wants to solve the issues as soon as they can.

GetResponse

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Mailchimp was considered because a lot of people I know were using Mailchimp and I have heard great reviews about it also I had those people around me to set up my account.
Thelma
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

The Best Email marketing software for Startups

Beoordeeld op 22/10/2022

Mailchimp has been my great partner as a campaign manager wit the option to test campaigns before running them. Being so easy to use, we have been able to reach the right audiences and our company is growing in the right direction with email marketing.

Pluspunten

We engaged Mailchimp because we were looking for a solution to run campaigns and send periodical newsletters to our audiences. They have suitable plans depending on the number of your contacts and subscribers. Mailchimp is highly customizable to fit your brand's quality. As a campaign manager, I enjoy how easy it is to set up and run campaigns under automation.

Minpunten

The only issue is the limited website integration options.

FireDrum Email Marketing

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Mailchimp had better reviews and pricing at the time of purchase. We also compared their features and Mailchimp stood out as the better option.
Lori
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Mailchimp is great for beginners

Beoordeeld op 24/10/2022

Cost aside, Mailchimp is a superior service. If you can afford it, they are great. I couldn't afford it yet, so I switched to a more affordable service once my list grew beyond the free tier.

Pluspunten

Mailchimp is a quality service, offering great templates, ease of use, and deliverability.

Minpunten

Once you reach a certain number of subs, the price goes way up. For an author who is on her way to making the career, I couldn't afford it once I gained the subs that put me into their pricing ranges.

• Sector: Horeca

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A great tool for engaging customers with on brand messaging

Beoordeeld op 12/11/2022

As a small business it helps save cost and provide a safe space for storing and managing customer contact details.

Pluspunten

I love that its automation can create branded messages with little design expertise needed. A cost effective way to communicate to customers without expensive creative costs.

Minpunten

Understanding how to make the most out of the platform - I know it can do a lot more then what I currently use it for but its not that comprehensive of intuitive over and above the basic product offering.

HubSpot Sales Hub

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

I thought it was the most simplistic option for our needs.
Rohit
  • Sector: Managementconsulting

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great to start with

Beoordeeld op 26/11/2022

Very user friendly and robust

Its free 2000 emails and contacts that they give in the beginning

Minpunten

The pricing is very steep. We are paying almost 4000/- per month to send out 2000 emails.

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

It did not have the option to design mobile and web optimised emails

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Probably when I started using Mailchimp there were very little competition. This had free 2000 contacts and mails which was attractive.
Morgan
  • Sector: Automotive
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

MailChimp

Beoordeeld op 13/12/2022

Pluspunten

I mostly liked being able to create custom surveys to gather more information from various audience groups. I enjoy using QR codes that MailChimp offers as well. MailChimp's email campaign manager is great for beginners, and pretty user-friendly, it is easy for your company to outgrow and the options are limited within the email campaign space.

Minpunten

Email Campaign Management, can be confusing and disorganized, I wish it could be more customizable.

Ahmed
  • Sector: Administratie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

It’s very good app I advice everyone to use it

Beoordeeld op 3/12/2022

Overall I love using this app a lot

Pluspunten

It very easy to use and help me a lot with my business

Minpunten

I don’t have any bad reviews may be I don’t like it when it becomes a little slower

Avash
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

One of the Best Email Marketing Software

Beoordeeld op 25/11/2020

Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it.

I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

Pluspunten

I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp.

Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy.

While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

Minpunten

In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does.

I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved.

Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

GetResponse

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

I was getting an offer from Mailchimp while I wasn't getting one by Getresponse so Mailchimp had an advantage. I also researched a bit and found that Mailchimp has a bigger userbase than Getresponse. I gave Mailchimp a try instead of Getresponse as I didn't need to pay any amount to start using Mailchimp. After I liked Mailchimp, I upgraded my plans.
Joshua
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Newsletters Made Easy

Beoordeeld op 17/2/2021

Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pluspunten

I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent.

Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Minpunten

While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp.

Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

Better looking templates and the way the platform is implemented into the email system as opposed to having to add it as an attachment to the email itself.

Microsoft 365

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Basically price for the user base that we have.

My Absolute Favorite EMSP

Beoordeeld op 21/11/2019

I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Pluspunten

What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Minpunten

The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Mostly convenience, ease of use, and price. Also because I had a lot of experience using the product at a previous job.
  • Sector: (Bioscoop)films

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support

Beoordeeld op 14/9/2019

We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

Pluspunten

It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam.

And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

Minpunten

The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

Mailchimp was easier and suited our needs more. Also friends recommended it.

Easier to use.
Jennifer
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

Easy to use and free!

Beoordeeld op 19/1/2021

Overall, Mailchimp has been the best email solution for our nonprofit. It was very easy to learn for our team. It is intuitive and, best of all, free for all the features we need! I have not had any issues with it. I love the tracking and the ease of keeping multiple lists.

Pluspunten

There are a ton of templates to make designing your emails easy. After that, it is simple to easy replicate that email or use the templates to create new ones. The emails are made of different elements that are easy to rearrange by clicking and dragging. It is easy to choose between text boxes, outlined boxes, pictures, pictures with captions, etc. You can customize the ratios between the picture and caption. It is simple to customize the background colors, font colors, etc. There is enough customization to make it look unique, but not too much to overwhelm. I also love the ability to publish easily to Facebook. There is also the option to send multiple test emails to different people to get feedback and see how it looks before you send out the final product.

Minpunten

Sometimes I wish there could be more customization with adjusting the picture sizes to the exact size I want within the frame. It's definitely something I have had to work around.

Ben
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

A User-Friendly, Cost-Effective Choice

Beoordeeld op 1/9/2020

I'm extremely satisfied with MailChimp and I know our company has benefited from it. We're saving money every year while also exceeding the quality we were previously accustomed to.

Pluspunten

When I started at my company, they were using a different email management platform. At the expiration of our contract, I shopped other options and was familiar with MailChimp from use at a previous company. It was, without a doubt, the standout choice. The price, user-friendly interface, and no contract made it leaps and bounds above other options.

Minpunten

With other email platforms, it usually involved signing a contract or creating some kind of time obligation. As such, I was accustomed to being assigned a day-to-day contact or point person for any of my concerns, questions, etc.
With MailChimp, actually speaking to someone without already having an account seemed next to impossible. I think having someone to speak to when setting up a new account would have been nice to make sure we were covering all the bases and starting off on the right foot. That said, they do have support forums that have tons of information, if you're up to reading for an extended period of time.

ActiveCampaign, Emma en AWeber

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

MailChimp was cheaper, easier to use, and didn't require a contract.

Emma

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

The interface and customization were some of the first things to stand out. Beyond that, it came down to best value and not requiring a contract.
Aliaksandr

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

It is a good service, but for users with experience in Email marketing

Beoordeeld op 14/1/2021

Well, Mailchimp is great for customers who cooperating with business a lot of time. Also service is great for a beautiful newsletters.
But the cons looks depressive. And I realise that I will use Mailchimp, but not for a long time, because other services are got better solutions and more loyal rules in the part of emailing.
Overall score is 7/10. But because of design and UI total score is 9/10

Pluspunten

Absolutely great design and graphics of Web and app versions
Great support
Good delivery to recipients

Minpunten

Well, the most uncomfortable this is that the HTML editor available only in paid plans. It is not good, guys, really.
Also it will be good if in Mailchimp will be the Email validation service in paid plans. Because I was banned for that thing, and the saddest part is that my customers are got their emails and Mailchimp customers service says that I shoul do a double opt-in procedure, even I've got the legal rights to mailing my customers (btw my audience is more than 10K of emails)
And one more thing: I hope that doon will be available a World Map with the real-time open/click actions

Sendinblue en SendGrid

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

Because I don't want to use both services at the time

SendPulse

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Because of UI and paat experience
Lisandro
  • Sector: E-learning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Mailchimp is behind the competition

Beoordeeld op 27/10/2019

MailChimp came as a free alternative to our email list when things got ugly in our business. We could say it saved our subscribers list (and business). Even though things have got better, we still use it for certain campaigns where MailChimp shines. Being it a free alternative, we cannot complain. But we wished it was easier to use and had more features (if so, we would easily go for the paid plan).

Pluspunten

I liked the templates a lot. They are beautiful and well done. Very useful if you are into template use. Also, the free plan saved our business when we were out of money. It got all the basics for a business just getting started. Finally, the brand is beautiful. The UI is beautiful.

Minpunten

It's frustrating to use. The user experience is, I would say, quirky. It's really hard to find an option/feature. A lot of them are hidden in places that don't make sense. For example, I was looking for the landing page editor, I could find the landing page REPORTS under REPORTS but no editor at all. I gave up. The metrics it tracks are very limited compared to the competition that delivers way more useful and detailed metrics overall. Also, it lacks some of the most useful features like a robust tag system and marketing automation.

SendPulse

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

ConvertKit ended up being too expensive for us. So, we couldn't afford it anymore when our business revenue decreased. MailChimp's free plan has everything we needed to restart and be back to life from the ashes. It's a great alternative to any business just getting started!

ConvertKit

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

We got SendPulse "for free" in an AppSumo promotion. But SendPulse was even harder to set up and understand than MailChimp for us. MailChimp was easier and had way more features.
  • Sector: Machinebouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great quality for the investment

Beoordeeld op 20/9/2018

Overall our experience with MailChimp was a good one. I think it is a perfect platform to get going on to build your audiences and find your groove. Just know that you will outgrow this platform and your need for more advanced features will push you to a different service. If you want to use some semi-advanced features of most enterprise ESP's, you will ned to utilize additional middleware to accomplish this. But MailChimp is a great return for the investment.

Pluspunten

MailChimp continues to improve and add enterprise type features that you would normally pay much more for with other ESP's. Features that we get the most out of are the automations, transactional service (Mandrill), and store syncing to pull customer data and purchase behaviors into MailChimp for segmentation and triggers. We have been with MC for years and each year it continues to get better. The custom short codes we can use for personalization are very helpful in creating campaigns that are unique to the individuals that are receiving them.

Minpunten

While they continue to advance, this ESP is still along way from an enterprise solution. The syncing is great, when is works properly. MailChimp does not actually provide the connection with different shopping carts and instead relies on third-party app developers to provide this. This leads to a bunch of issues trying to get support because each wants to point the finger at the other.

Mandrill is a great service for transaction sends, but it was combined with paid MailChimp accounts awhile ago instead of a standalone service. Wish they would have kept it separate because there is much more potential on its own.

I don't like that you can not combine template types when creating a new campaign/automation. You have to either select a pre-made template or code your own. I wish it had the ability to do both.
While the automations are a must have in today's world, and they are continuing to improve them, there is still a long way to go with these in my opinion to catch up to other ESP's.

Laura
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An easy, professional way to reach your constituents!

Beoordeeld op 20/11/2019

My overall experience has been very pleasant. Many elements of this tool are intuitive, and you can self-teach many features of this communications tool given the help guidance available. Bravo.

The campaigns are easy to create and are polished and professional looking. This has allowed our organization to raise its profile and effectiveness of our main tenant ~ to bring information to, and collect information from our constituents, our school district families, and to bridge this parent base and our school district administration. Good communication and transparency between parents and administrators is of utmost importance. Mailchimp has allowed us to do this most effectively.

Pluspunten

I like the ease and the use of the drag & drop functionality of the elements you can add to any campaign. I also like the formatting options and features to customize each of your messages to your own look and style. Also, being able to embed links, photos, etc. directly into the campaign is of vital importance for our communications.

Managing the audience lists is also very user friendly. Tagging different audience members in group is also critical to our use of this communications tool.

Minpunten

I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need.

I would also like to see the functionality of embedding a simply polling tool, to send and collect feedback from your constituents to constantly better your business.

• Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A very strong email marketing tool that keeps you up to date with regulations

Beoordeeld op 6/9/2018

Overall, Mailchimp is a good tool for sending out email campaigns. It's simplicity has saved a lot of time and the way the contact lists are handled is superb. Some of the quirks I mentioned in the cons section are very frustrating but livable when weighed in with the pros. The recent GDPR regulations were a strain on our organization but getting our Mailchimp list compliant was the easiest part.

If your organization generally sends out one type of message or you don't have to worry about different divisions of your organization needing to have different settings, Mailchimp should work very well for you with very little issue. Our organization is more complicated with the need to send very different messages from different divisions and sub divisions so it is trickier for us to use. It would make sense for organizations like ours to have multiple, separate Mailchimp accounts but that would defeat the most important feature, which is the integrated contact list.

Pluspunten

The best thing about Mailchimp is the ability to customize your target lists to ensure the right people are getting the right message. The days of going through spreadsheets to figure out who to send what are over and you never need to worry about sending the same person duplicate emails (unless they signed up to your list with different email accounts). The integration with social media is very convenient and really helps messages get an even further reach after they are sent. Also, having an archive of emails with many ways to view metrics on each of them as well as access to each recipient's behavior is very valuable.

Minpunten

The basic editor is very buggy so you have to be sure things look and work right every time. Even when you do make sure things work right in the preview, they sometimes don't in the actual email that goes out. When you cut and paste copy, it is unpredictable what the outcome will be because styles embedded in Mailchimp or the original document get easily mixed up. Most of these issues can be fixed if you go into the html view but who wants to do that when the purpose of the software is to help make things easier?

There are a lot of limits on what you can achieve with the look of the emails you create using the set blocks Mailchimp provides. A simple option like lining up images next to text either on top, middle or bottom should be present but is not. There are ways around this by editing your images to force the look you want but that should not have to be.

If you have more than one type of business, it is impossible to have some different social media accounts linked or different business info settings created for selection.

ESTER
  • Sector: Automotive

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great tool for email blasts, you will need some training

Beoordeeld op 9/4/2020

MailChimp has been a perfect solution to manage all our email communications with our subscribers and customers. Our team handles 3 different brands with 20 000+ subscribers and the customizable email templates, user-friendly interface lets us be very efficient and creative, it's fun!

Pluspunten

I have been using MailChimp 5+ years throughout multiple jobs. It is a great platform with a huge base of supporting articles and videos - which you will need once you have a few thousand subscribers. I am currently managing a 20 000+ subscriber base and at that level, MailChimp offers great categorization options. I can assign email addresses to different tags so it is very easy to create campaigns for targeted groups.

Security is very important to us, MailChimp offers a two-step verification option when you log in to keep your account safe. The dashboard is very user friendly, you can see all your recent email campaigns, their status (draft, sent) the open and click-through rate right off the main dashboard.

MailChimp offers great analytics too. If you have the tracking code set up and you are an e-commerce store, you can see how many orders you received from the email blast, the average order revenue, and total revenue. When you first sign up with MailChimp it will ask about your industry - make sure to fill it out with the right information because MailChimp offers campaign benchmarking too. You can see how your current campaign performed compared to your previous campaigns and your peers'.

You can connect your social media channels to MailChimp and automatically post your email blast to your social channels, which can save a lot of time.

Their search function is very smart, you can search for keywords throughout years and years of email blasts or subscribers.

Minpunten

Although it is easy to import and export subscribers it would be nice to have a bulk edit option where you can assign email addresses to categories, tags etc. When I send a test email before the final release for my team to review, it often lands in the junk folder.

Sébastien
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

The Professional and Easy Way to Deal with Sending Emails to the Masses

Beoordeeld op 10/2/2019

I am very satisfied with Mailchimp and would highly recommend its use to anyone who is serious about scaling a potentially big business. I will surely consider Mailchimp for my personal brand as the first 2,000 subscribers are free anyway, which makes for a sweet deal!

It helped our current company present itself professionally with emails by having access to such a great template editor. We didn't have any web developer working on our team at the time, so it was easy to resort to using the included features, even though it's important to note that any code can be pasted as HTML for those who know what they are doing.

We thought that we knew our customers, but the reports generated by Mailchimp really opened our eyes and allowed us to know what works and what doesn't, which was surprising and very useful.

Initially, we deployed our own mail server, but we found out the hard way that Mailchimp is a much more reliable solution for us and it removes all barriers related to scale as everything is taken care of automatically on their side.

Pluspunten

Mailchimp has a truly professional feel to it. The interface is responsive and well designed. The platform makes it easy to start for free and offers flexible plans, perfect for a startup. Mailchimp has many tutorials available that came in handy more than once. They also use a good sense of humor, making for a less boring experience when reading technical material. There are many options to customize the service and I found it easy to make all the necessary changes in order to set my account for a Spanish audience in Mexico.

Once a campaign has been sent, reports are automatically built. I could even see the stats being updated live just a few minutes after sending everything! There is detailed information about open rates, click rates and statistics about the general industry to see clearly if the audience is being reached as expected. One can also see the reaction of every customer in each campaign: unsubscribes, bounces, number of clicks, etc. All this information is accessible and can be exported to CSV.

Another aspect that I really liked is how well the template editor works. You basically insert "blocks" of text, dividers, images or other types of blocks on the right side of the page and you can see in real-time the template being rendered on the left side. I haven't found any issue when viewing an email sent through Mailchimp based on a template, both on mobile and desktop clients. On the contrary, it made for a consistent design and branding.

Minpunten

Mailchimp works wonderfully well, but it isn't for the faint of heart when it comes to the initial customization. Sure, the documentation is great, but it does take a while to setup everything. It wasn't clear to me how to use templates inside campaigns, for instance, but even without reading all the documentation, one can deduce much of the functioning by simple trial and error, which ended up being my preferred way to learn my way around.

I didn't find the File Manager as intuitive as the rest of the interface when I started using the product. Sometimes, I would want to resize pictures or apply filters and would get confused as to where the image has been saved or if it were indeed saved. However, it does seem to be getting easier to use in recent versions, as it contains a "revision history" for each uploaded file and an impressive list of adjustments in the image editor, which is a great addition when working on a different computer where the usual software might not be present. I still prefer using external applications when modifying pictures, but Mailchimp does allow to make pretty much any modification you might need and having access to a revision history makes it easy to go back to an earlier version of a file even without first making a backup of it.

Madison
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

My Favorite Email-Builder

Beoordeeld op 3/12/2020

I love Mailchimp. When I started at a new company last year, I convinced them to switch from their previous program to Mailchimp for email building because it just provides a better product. They've been ecstatic and we find ourselves using it more and more. At all of the companies/organizations I've been privileged enough to work for that use Mailchimp, it has been a critical tool in marketing, sales, and communication. I cannot speak highly enough of it, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Pluspunten

Mailchimp is the best email builder I've ever used. I've worked in many other programs over the years but none work as seamlessly or have the same visual result as Mailchimp. In addition, the audience management feature is accessible and easy to use, and their analytics are incredible learning tools. That being said, my experience with Mailchimp is primarily only in the email builder, and I have not done enough with their other marketing features to be able to speak on them.

Minpunten

There are only a few features about Mailchimp that are lacking, but they pale in comparison to the power and capabilities of the entire platform. I would love the option to use an image as a background in an email, I would love to be able to add attachments to an email (i.e. a PDF, image, or another document), and I would love to be able to embed a wider range of items into the "code" widget (i.e. a pdf book-flipper like Flipsnack, or a video embedded from a site other than YoutTube, like Wistia). However, overall my experience with this plaform and its capabilities is overwhelmingly positive, and these are only small critiques and wish-list items.