4,5 (15.006)
Platform voor e-mail- en reclamemarketing automation

(15.006)

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Hopeloos omslachtige tool

Beoordeeld op 31/5/2021

Pluspunten

+ Veel mogelijkheden om mailflows te maken

Minpunten

- Ongelofelijk omslachtig: alle belangrijke acties zitten onlogisch verstopt achter allerlei onnodige kliks
- Traag
- Onduidelijke userflow, het is heel makkelijk om een campagne per ongeluk inactief te laten staan
- Infantiele restricties op email-adressen toevoegen: als ze al in een lijst zitten, kun je ze niet opnieuw toevoegen, want dat is niet "GDPR" - gaat compleet voorbij aan het feit dat je adressen alleen wil verwijderen en opnieuw wil toevoegen omdat de tool zelf zo hopeloos ineffectief is.

Ngenge

Beoordeeld op 2/8/2022

MailChimp ultimately is able to deliver quality results for every single marketing campaign we run, both for our clients and ourselves and that's pretty much what others are lacking.

It's affordable and easily adaptable- I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT.

Pluspunten

The perfect marketer's handtool. I just love everything about MailChimp.

From lead generation to marketing automation MailChimp is efficient. MailChimp provides one of the best conversion asset libraries for creating effective landing pages with very beautiful templates which are easily customizable and simple to play around with.

It has a pretty straightforward pricing plan with an awesome customer service solution. I can find this tool super helpful

Minpunten

no bugs or conservatives with this tool yet.

Brittany
  • Sector: Online media

A Great EMS To Streamline A Complex Content Marketing Funnel/Lifecycle

Pluspunten

What I like most about Mailchimp is its ability to use in scale for businesses/missions of all sizes. I have worked on it for my own personal brand and upwards of deploying at 118 locations while also utilizing internally as a head of a marketing and creative design team. It integrates pretty easily with sooooo many other apps, which makes it a yes for me in a world where you need to build socials and your customer contact database simultaneously to getting the word out about whatever marketing need you send via email.

Minpunten

Sometimes the automation features can flub... as in an older version of a saved draft may send (rare occasion, sometimes user error but sometimes not) or specifically timed out emails for a time zone may send earlier/later than desired.

ActiveCampaign en Drip

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

We wanted a less cumbersome, user friendly option that had a good reputation and didn't skimp on the features.
Taha Burhan
  • Sector: Logistiek en toeleveringsketen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Traditional Email Marketing Tool Has Begun to Fall Behind the Age

Beoordeeld op 29/7/2022

One of my favourite things in Mailchimp is undoubtedly customer support. Very fast and really helpful. Even if the application is very complex, they can definitely find a fast and effective solution for you. Also, they are very polite. I wish the interface improvements of the application were made as soon as possible, so we did not need so much customer support.

Pluspunten

My favourite feature in Mailchimp is undoubtedly the creative assistant. If you don't have a lot of design skills and you want to visually improve your e-mails, the creative assistant can quickly come up with something useful for you.

Minpunten

I think Mailchimp is really complicated. Even very simple user-friendly UX studies are still missing. This makes things really difficult. It has truly become a product that a neuron can use. I've used Hubspot before and since I'm used to the comfort there, the Mailchimpin interface really challenged me. In addition, imports are very slow and we often get errors. I don't like re-entering our colour codes every time to apply branding in mail designs, it really slows things down. In addition, contact list management is very difficult, tagging something, undoing tags, and multi-deletion is a very challenging process.

HubSpot CRM

HubSpot CRM
Justin
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

Best Email Marketing Software Available

Beoordeeld op 24/4/2022

The customer service is outstanding. I was having some trouble developing a campaign and reached out to customer support and got a reply within 10 hours. I was able to resolve my issue quickly. Mailchimp has really become my Go To tool for all things email marketing related and it has touched on other applications, such as developing a killer landing page which actually gets conversions. I also feel that the free version really does give you a lot to start with, but it is easy to outgrow that really fast.

Pluspunten

Mailchimp makes running an email campaign easy and simple. Don't get me wrong, there are super deep functions like multivariate campaigns and killer landing pages that integrate with your .com. I cannot say enough good things about Mailchimp. I have found that this software is simply the best available option out there for the money. I have been able to grow my mailing list and find what works with my audience.

Minpunten

I don't like how the Pro features are left out of the basic starter package. I understand that is how they make their money, however, those extra tools could be quite useful to new start up businesses, like myself that simply do not have it in the advertising budget to go to the pro level. I also struggled with making my emails 100% compliant because nowadays everyone is blocking or reporting spam mail. It isn't Mailchimps fault for that, it just makes it hard to get past the red tape of email marketing in general. However, they make it as easy as possible.

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

Mailchimp combines so many of the features that I was using from other software and just blows it away. I was not able to find anything that came close to Mailchimps features on the other software I was using. I always felt like I was piecing together different elements. Mailchimp solves that problem for me and makes running my campaigns a breeze, which fuels my small business.

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Mailchimp had all the features I was looking for and more. I started with the free version and quickly rose to the Standard package. I have been constantly developing and honing in my email list for many years, using many different softwares. I finally landed with Mailchimp because it beats out all the rest of the software by far. Look no further for email marketing!
Liz

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great stand alone email system

Beoordeeld op 10/7/2022

I originally chose mailchimp using the token paid version which has subsequently been withdrawn. In addition, the key websites that I wanted to link directly with mailchimp such as Shopify, withdrew direct links and I have to link via third party apps.

In the past couple of years, many of the website platforms that my clients use, have integrated mail sending platforms directly into their subscriptions.

Pluspunten

I use the paid version of mail chip. When I first chose mailchimp it was the only one that really offered all the services. It linked into different software and apps and was fully GDPR compliant as we transitioned into GDPR.

Lists are easy to set up, landing pages a doddle and tags make it easy to sort users.

I particularily chose mailchimp because it offered landing pages as part of the package along with automations that allow me to trigger emails linked to customer actions.

Minpunten

As time has gone by, different platforms that I linked to Mailchimp have withdrawn their agreement and I now have to use intermediary apps to link - such as shopify withdrawing direct link.

Barry
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Very affordable and user-friendly for Email Marketing.

Beoordeeld op 6/8/2022

Overall my experience with Mailchimp has been very positive. I have found it easy to use. I've been with Mailchimp for a number of years because of the reliability and affordability.

Pluspunten

I like the simple API integration with my marketing software and how easy it is to create a campaign.

Minpunten

Analytics could use some improvement, like more data beyond opens and clicks.

Constant Contact

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

Mainly because of price. Mailchimp is more affordable, especially when you are starting out.

AWeber

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Because Mailchimp is more affordable.
CharRon
  • Sector: Entertainment

Mailchimp is ape crazy

Beoordeeld op 4/8/2022

Overall, I have started to do a newletter and setup my CRM to manage my contacts.

Pluspunten

I always used mailchimp to take care of my email marketing but it has now become my CRM. I can schedule appointment, manage product marketing, intergate with my Quickbooks, and still do my email marketing.

Minpunten

I am still getting used to intergrating with quickbooks because my client are split with poetry, podcast, and DJ service. it trys to only handle one thing well.

Acuity Scheduling en Schedulicity

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

Mailchimp started to do more than Acuity so I switch.

Acuity Scheduling

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

It has made me get rid of these products. I can do everything I want in one product.
Jeremy
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

Beoordeeld op 4/8/2022

Overall, Mailchimp has been a mixed bag. Yes, you can craft emails quickly. But many users will be confused with the way things are laid out and named. Do I want a "Customer Journey"? A "Campaign"? Or an "Automation". I can get Mailchimp to do basic email tasks, but feel like I will leave it soon for something simpler.

Pluspunten

Mailchimp offers a clean, simple interface to help users get up and running with email campaigns quickly.

Minpunten

The Mailchimp interface—especially the HTML email editor—can be very frustrating to use, especially when combined with Mailchimp's confusing "tech" terminology.

ConvertKit en Sendinblue

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

At that time, Mailchimp offered the best balance of affordability, plus ease-of-use.
Shannon
  • Sector: E-learning
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Mailchimp Automated Emails Connects Right to Website Popup!

Beoordeeld op 6/8/2022

Excellent! I would highly recommend!

Pluspunten

I loved that I could easily integrate it into my website! I have a pop up that asks to subscribe to my email list. When visitors subscribe, Mailchimp then sends an email I designed with a promo code. It’s perfect!

Minpunten

I had to watch a few YouTube videos to figure out how to do exactly what I wanted to do. The language mailchimp uses confused me a bit at times, but now that it’s set up I love it!

Gmail

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

I needed more automation and mailchimp provided that.
Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen

Does What You Need

Beoordeeld op 4/8/2022

It's a good free version of an email blaster.

Pluspunten

The free version does what you need it to do - send out mass emails with a nice layout. The plug in formatting is easy to use.

Minpunten

The free version does not include a lot of things you'd want to use, such as making multiple email lists more defined.

Hicham

A Comprehensive Review of Mailchimp: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Beoordeeld op 16/8/2022

I use Mailchimp for my email marketing and have found it to be a very effective tool. It is easy to use and has a lot of features that allow me to customize my emails to fit my brand. I also like that I can automate my email marketing so that I don't have to spend a lot of time manually sending out emails. However, there are some downsides to using Mailchimp. First, it can be expensive if you have a large list. Second, the deliverability rates are not always great, which means your emails may end up in the spam folder. Overall, I think Mailchimp is a good tool for small businesses that are looking for an easy-to-use email marketing solution. If you want to send lots of emails or need more customization options, then it might not be right for you.

Pluspunten

Mailchimp might be the most well-known email marketing platform on the market, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily the best one. Below, we’ll talk about what we like and don’t like about Mailchimp to give you the information you need to make an informed decision about whether this solution is right for your business. We’ll also provide resources to help you compare pricing with other popular email marketing platforms, so you can find the right fit at the right price. Let’s get started!
There's a reason why Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing platforms out there. Here are some of the things that make it great -It's easy to use.
— Mailchimp has an intuitive interface that can be used by anyone
— The pricing plans are designed for small businesses (more on this later)
— Mailchimp integrates with many other apps like Shopify, WordPress, etc.
— There are tons of awesome templates to choose from when designing your campaign or project, which helps you save time
— The autoresponder option is great for setting up drip campaigns or projects, so you don't have to spend hours manually sending emails every day/week/month
— Their customer service team is always available if you need help, and they're pretty responsive too. They also offer live chat if you want even faster help.

Minpunten

1. Mailchimp's user interface could be more intuitive. I often find myself feeling lost and having to search for features that should be easy to find.
2. The automation features are great, but they can be very complex and time-consuming to set up. I would love it if there were some templates or easier ways to get started.
3. Their customer support is inconsistent. I've had some great experiences, but also some not-so-great ones. It would be nice to have more consistent support.
4. Their pricing structure is a bit confusing and changes regularly. I wish it were simpler and more transparent. I think the free account is too limited and will probably lead most people to subscribe before they know what the limitations are.
The first plan – Basic – starts at $9/month with a 100 subscriber limit.
The second plan – Professional – starts at $19/month with a 1000 subscriber limit.
And the third plan – Pro Plus – starts at $29/month with no limit on subscribers.

Fateyma
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

MailChimp is the best all in one marketing solution for all types of businesses

Beoordeeld op 4/8/2022

We wanted an all-in-one marketing platform to use for all our marketing activities, for building landing pages, designing workflows for marketing automation, managing all our campaigns and sending emails. The platform has been great and very effective for us.

1. Offers truly exceptional UX/UI
2. Comes in a very great pricing
3. Plenty of data available for training
4. Very easy to build workflows for marketing automation
5. Easy to manage all your leads and campaigns
6. Excellent for forms and surveys

1. Customer support is not the best
2. It is ideal for sending emails under 5000 contacts, for bulk sending I would never recommend MailChimp
3. Reporting and analytics is very basic and not customisable

• Sector: Sport

Simple, Customizable & Cost Effective

Beoordeeld op 8/1/2022

Pluspunten

When we first started looking for mass-mailing software about 8 years ago, there were very few 'cloud' solutions - with many sending hundreds of emails from our home/small-business connection. Aside from the lacklustre options provided by those programs - it also wasn't ideal to be sent from an IP address we had little control over at the time (now we've moved to an enterprise-grade static fibre line this is less of an issue). However, before we landed on Mailchimp we'd first use a program to design the newsletter and then copy the static HTML into our 'send' program to mass deliver - this left a lot to be desired, and with Mailchimp being one of the first to streamline this process meant we could offer personalised emails - and also offload a huge amount of work on our end.

Minpunten

There are very few negatives that I'd have about Mailchimp, I think most of mine are to do with integrations - and all of those issues have been on the integrators side rather than Mailchimps. Very occasionally I've had issues with the web editor, but its auto-saving and normal stability have more than made up for those issues.

Sushant
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Simplest email marketing tool for startups & digital creators

Beoordeeld op 23/10/2021

I'm using Mailchimp for more than 3+ years now and I'm pretty satisfied with it. In fact, I've referred it to my friends as well. While building my own startup, InternStreet - we were using Mailchimp a lot. The idea was to build an engaging audience of students. The marketing automation feature helped us a lot in building email courses. We literally created the free version of all the tech courses in the formal of 5 - 7 days daily emails. This helped us in increasing overall engagement and creating a recall factor of the brand. At the end of the day we had a whopping conversion of more than 35% into paid courses.

Pluspunten

I really liked the overall simplicity of Mailchimp from getting started to building complex marketing automation. I started with the free plan and then converted to paid one for using the Marketing Automation which I liked the most. It also has an amazing collection of templates which definitely helps the beginner in getting started quickly.

Minpunten

Overall at this price point, I think everything is great but user segmentation can be improved a bit.

ConvertKit en SendGrid

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

The price point was very important for me at that point in time. We did explored other tools but the power of marketing automation was available for free for 2k subscribers (Now it's available under the paid plan). We used the multi-step journey and later on upgraded for paid plans.
Krishnamoorthy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Mailchimp is the best email marketing software

Beoordeeld op 26/9/2021

Our entire marketing department relies on Mailchimp to communicate with customers. It is our first option when it comes to email automation and marketing that is simple and straightforward. We've been using it as our primary email marketing tool for quite some time. Among other things, we utilize it to create our email templates and send large numbers of emails to a specific set of individuals. After that, we keep note of how many conversations we are having as a result of the exercise. Mailchimp offers a plethora of useful tools that we really like using, such as email automation. Additionally, it enables us to create our own email templates as well as import from other sources. Mailchimp is a fantastic platform for any kind of company that wants to send out emails to its consumers on a regular basis.

Pluspunten

Mailchimp is a fantastic email marketing tool for anybody just getting started, as well as for agencies who have a large number of early-stage customers to handle. When you move into more complex automation, you may find that you need to seek solutions that are more established. This is the place to go if you want visually appealing emails and a simple user interface to work with.
It's always simple to use and makes intuitive sense. There are relatively few occasions when I come across anything that is not working properly. It is very dependable, and I am well-aware of what to anticipate while I am working on the platform.

Minpunten

When delivering through Zapier or WordPress, we need the ability for people on an existing list to have their tags changed without having to create a new list. I'd really want to see a visual automation builder implemented. Mailchimp should additionally provide manual domain verification as a feature. In order to utilize Mailchimp, we must first generate an email and then import it into the system, which may be difficult for novice users. It would be fantastic if there was an alternative for manual nameserver verification.

GetResponse

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

Because Seninblue had a limit on their daily emails sent on the free plan which is 300 emails per day. The Mailchimp basic plan is much cheaper than Sendinblue with more features.

Sendinblue

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

I choose Mailchimp based on the customer reviews and recommendations I got from other Mailchimp users.
Henry
  • Sector: Restaurants

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great for freelancer and SMB email marketing, not a CRM replacement

Beoordeeld op 30/9/2021

MailChimp is the industry standard for a reason, and you get all the benefits you would expect from going with a big brand name. Solid customer support (for paid tiers), excellent uptime, and all the features you need and most of the features you want. I personally have never found the landing pages or social media ad features useful, and I do not think MailChimp can effectively do the job of a CRM, but as far as email marketing goes, this is my favorite.

Pluspunten

Getting started with MailChimp is easy and affordable. It might be free depending on your audience size. I have used other email platforms like ConstantContact, iContact, Marketing Cloud, and HubSpot, and in terms of features MailChimp is at least on par with them.

MailChimp is a full email marketing platform, including subscriber management and segmenting, email design, design asset library, email automation, user email preferences portal management, sign-up forms, and even landing pages. I have found all of their features user friendly. I have my frustrations with MailChimp, but it succeeds in striking a difficult balance: it is user-friendly enough to be implemented and used by someone with minimal tech background, but can be built out to greater complexity and robustness if the user is tech savvy.

Another benefit that you find with popular tools like this is the deep learning resources. Tons of forums, questions, how-tos, etc. Whatever issue you run into, it has likely been asked and answered.

MailChimp would be, and has been, my go-to for freelancer and small business needs. And I have also used it for marketing large, multi-location and multi-brand companies, with no issues. It's flexible and reliable, and when you're about to hit "send" to 100k people, that's critical.

Minpunten

Pricing can get steep at certain stages of business growth. Switching to business and pro tiers incurs a sharp increase in monthly pricing, and in addition you get charged more as your list grows. Cost creep can be sudden and shocking for truly bootstrapped businesses.

A big potential issue is that MailChimp has been touting itself as a CRM lately. I do not think it makes a good CRM replacement for any size business, except perhaps a freelancer with a small contact list. The data management and manipulation features are too basic.

Data management tools are weak.

Some tracking issues, but this is such a convoluted and changing area it's hard to know where the issue lies. Specifically, if I leave "click tracking" enabled on a campaign, MailChimp will override my source/medium tags in third party site tracking.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, Constant Contact en iContact

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

2 factors drove the decision: - pricing vs features, we didn't want to go totally bare bones but we also didn't have a complex enough ecosystem to require Salesforce-level tools; - Team familiarity. The client I currently use MailChimp for had some past experience with MailChimp, which made start up time quicker.
Emeka
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

"Automation of messages vital for organizations and for the people who are beginning to...

Beoordeeld op 5/9/2021

It has this magnificent convenience; extraordinary advantage; generally excellent conveyance rate; heaps of free provisions (testing, email computerization and reconciliations) great instructive substance.

Pluspunten

Overall involvement in the device is awesome, it was useful in all viewpoints I required. Obviously, a free arrangement consistently has limits, however the paid arrangement likewise introduced a few focuses that in my work model were fundamental. Be that as it may, it is as yet a phenomenal and all around perceived instrument. I know many individuals who use it and don't stop talking positive about it. I actually prescribe it to numerous business visionaries who are just starting out in online deals. Mailchimp is awesome.

MailChimp appeared to me by some coincidence, And I decided to utilize it for my work. An incredible choice for those simply beginning or for little, medium or enormous organizations that need to automate contact with their clients. It's absolutely instinctive and has a first rate design. It grabbed my eye when I made some Landing Pages and ran over a few models. Thoroughly free. Absolutely precise and opportune email arrangement. Another positive point is the quantity of clients that we can store in the free arrangement, up to 3000 contacts.

Minpunten

It truly is incredible promoting programming, however, even as there is robotization, the provisions are essential; instrument are all in English and it is beyond the realm of imagination to expect to make greeting pages upgraded for a better yield.

Munema
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A very good platform to get started with email marketing

Beoordeeld op 7/9/2021

Pluspunten

I think that if you are new to email marketing and are not sure which platform to start with, you should look into Mailchimp.

First of all, it is free to use until 2,000 contacts (true, you won't have access to all the features but still). This means that you don't need to try it for a few days and see but you can actually use it for a longer period of time so that you have solid data to see whether what you are doing email marketing-wise is working or not.

If you are new to this world, you will be happy to hear that each plan of Mailchimp comes with an email builder, as well as templates for both forms and landing pages – this is one of my favorite features because not only it saves you time but it gives you access to some "battle-tested" templates that work.

The mobile app is good for keep track of things while you are on the go, while the subject line helper and 1-step automations will help you ensure that your emails get open and read.

Minpunten

The main issue I have with Mailchimp is the fact that, depending on what you are planning on doing from an email marketing standpoint, you are probably going to end up outgrowing the platform.

This may not sound like a big thing when you are just getting started but it could become an issue if you have to look for a different platform and migrate thousands of people, as well as landing pages, forms and email content, to it.

Jessie

Versatile email marketing platform

Beoordeeld op 7/9/2021

Keeping my customers up-to-date with useful information.

Pluspunten

The most important features for my business were the drip email functionality and the RSS-to-Email integration. What I like most about the RSS-to-Email functionality is that the email template functionality enables you to group different articles in one email. When you have a high-volume blog with many different articles it's important to group topics and send those out as a summary in one email. I find this feature is missing in many other email platforms. All-in-all the UI of the platform is done very well with a touch of humor here and there which is nice. The open API enables developers to integrate where the existing integration options are lacking - but overall the platform is well supported in many third-party platforms.

Minpunten

They've added features over the years to enable marketing automation (e.g. send an email to some who clicked/didn't click on an email or when someone visited your website) - at the time I was testing this functionality it didn't work very well. They've also added many other features which may drive value but I find they don't spend much effort in keeping existing customers up-to-date with the possibilities of these new features.

Pedro

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Automation of emails necessary for companies and for those who are starting to market

Beoordeeld op 6/8/2021

Overall experience with the tool is very good, it was helpful in all aspects I needed.

Of course, a free plan always has limitations, but the paid plan also presented some points that in my work model were essential.

But it is still an extraordinary and well-recognized tool.

I know a lot of people who use it and don't give up.

I still recommend it to many entrepreneurs who are starting out in online sales.

Mailchimp is worth it. If you need, make a quote and call the service and you will be very well attended.

Pluspunten

MailChimp appeared to me by chance,

And I chose to use it for my work.

A great option for those just starting out or for small, medium or large companies that need to automate contact with their customers.

Pluses: It's totally intuitive and has a top-notch layout.

It caught my attention when I created some Landing Pages and came across several models. Totally free.

Totally accurate and timely email sequence.

Another positive point is the number of users that we can store in the free plan, up to 2ooo contacts, this for those starting out is even too much.

The tools are multi-channel, essential for any service.

In other words, a complete and articulated tool to meet any and all online ventures, whether affiliated companies or e-commerce.

Whether consulting a plan or making a budget, support and service are accurate and attentive.

intuitive tool;

excellent usability;

great cost / benefit;

very good delivery rate;

lots of free features (A/B testing, email automation and integrations)

good educational content.

Minpunten

It really is great marketing software though, even
there is automation,

The features are basic;

tool all in English and
it is not possible to create landing pages optimized for a higher return.

You don't have the ability to manage a sales funnel, just trigger a broadcast if you need to send an offer.

However, it is still useful for any service or company.

Max
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus

Expensive But worth It

Beoordeeld op 12/3/2021

Mailchimp is amazing for people who want to tailer their mail-outs to the branding or image of their company, product, brand etc

It's got some incredibly detailed functions that allow for a really cohesive end-product. As a mailer, its probably one of the best on the market in the UK, offers a free service up to 1000 subscribers (which is great for a brand new businesses & projects), and is really easy to use. However, for companies like the one I used to manage, we had a big budget but not big enough to justify the amount MailChimp were spending when compared to how much we were using it. The nature of our business is music events, and its one of those markets that people don't want to see your company in their emails every day. Which then of course leads to the issue of:

Yes, we want a product like MailChimp that will allow us to make high-quality mailers, BUT,
No, we can't justify spending the amount they charge when we only use it once every 4 - 6 weeks.

Pluspunten

The softwares functionality - it's incredibly easy to use and the learning curve is very shallow. I can imagine people with no graphic design or artistic training (like myself) would be intimidated about creating a mailer that could be seen by thousands of people - but Mailchimp have created something that is really easy to use and really great.

Minpunten

The software is very expensive for what it is. For a lot of people who hope to get their company, product, brand out to the masses - this software may quickly be out of their price range/budget. The price, in my opinion, is justified for how good the software is, but is definitely not accessible to those who only require or feel the need to send mailers once every so often to over 1000 subscribers.

Joshua
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Newsletters Made Easy

Beoordeeld op 17/2/2021

Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pluspunten

I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent.

Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Minpunten

While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp.

Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Constant Contact

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

Better looking templates and the way the platform is implemented into the email system as opposed to having to add it as an attachment to the email itself.

Microsoft 365

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

Basically price for the user base that we have.
Melissa
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Great for Beginners

Beoordeeld op 30/1/2021

Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

Pluspunten

We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

Minpunten

I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

Squarespace en Emma

Redenen om voor Mailchimp te kiezen

We wanted to be able to design our emails to be more visually appealing.

Gmail

Redenen om over te stappen op Mailchimp

In the end we chose Mailchimp because everyone we know is using it.
Jennifer
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

Easy to use and free!

Beoordeeld op 19/1/2021

Overall, Mailchimp has been the best email solution for our nonprofit. It was very easy to learn for our team. It is intuitive and, best of all, free for all the features we need! I have not had any issues with it. I love the tracking and the ease of keeping multiple lists.

Pluspunten

There are a ton of templates to make designing your emails easy. After that, it is simple to easy replicate that email or use the templates to create new ones. The emails are made of different elements that are easy to rearrange by clicking and dragging. It is easy to choose between text boxes, outlined boxes, pictures, pictures with captions, etc. You can customize the ratios between the picture and caption. It is simple to customize the background colors, font colors, etc. There is enough customization to make it look unique, but not too much to overwhelm. I also love the ability to publish easily to Facebook. There is also the option to send multiple test emails to different people to get feedback and see how it looks before you send out the final product.

Minpunten

Sometimes I wish there could be more customization with adjusting the picture sizes to the exact size I want within the frame. It's definitely something I have had to work around.