Nowsta

Workforce management tool to handle payroll & work shifts

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
Functies
Gebruiksgemak
Klantenondersteuning

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

Amanda

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

This app has been game changing for how we communicate with staff.

Beoordeeld op 20/7/2018

Pluspunten

I like the ease of use as a Coordinator. My time spent scheduling has shrunk majorly, leaving me more time to focus on recruiting, on-boarding and training. The calendar makes it really easy for me to see what my week looks like. The sorting function help me isolate events to more easily see events. Even the color and font choices used in the apps is pleasing to the eye!

The support from the Nowsta team has been amazing. They always respond within minutes through their direct messaging function and not only resolve the issue, but are a blast to work with.

It's been a year that we have used the software and there have been endless improvements to functionality. They have expanded the system in many ways, allowing us to change our payroll functions and save money. Many times, we have seen areas for improvement, have sent the Nowsta team suggestions and then seen the tweaks in the app a few weeks later. The team at Nowsta is the ultimate example of continuous improvement.

My staff really enjoys using the app and it has actually been a help in hiring as well. I mention it during the interview and I have seen candidates' faces light up with excitement that we schedule with such a convenient form of communication.

Minpunten

The timeclock function on the app can be buggy and not record proper times, but I let the Nowsta team know and it's usually fixed right away. It's also an easy fix as a Coordinator, to adjust the times on the desktop.

Monica

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Saves time to book staff

Beoordeeld op 27/1/2020

We are a catering company and we use Nowsta for time and attendance for our in-house staff as well as our staff working off-site events out in the field. We love the ability to see how far away the staff member clocks in. Having the captains able to clock in and out the staff is a plus for staff who forgets their phone or is late and doesn't clock in.

Pluspunten

Scheduling staff for events is a breeze. With multiple events displayed at once, we can click and drag staff to the event best suited for them. The report showing a spreadsheet as to the average number of minutes it takes staff to confirm events and the percentage that staff says yes to working an event helps us with prioritizing our staff based on their response. Approving staff on the Time and Attendance page is very easy and the screen is clear to see their times worked. Scheduling staff for the different departments works well .

Minpunten

Sometimes if the address of the location is not an exact address then the embedded gps map may send the staff to an incorrect location. The app works poorly on some older model cell phones. I haven't found a way to note when staff is on vacation to block those days so they are not accidentally added to the schedule.

Ranita
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

easy to excess

Beoordeeld op 3/12/2021

Using for 5 months, feeling comfortable and get information about report, time & attendance.

Pluspunten

making labor report everyday by using Nowsta app

Time & Attending for clock in-clock out by mobile excess

Emily

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great time saving software!

Beoordeeld op 6/7/2022

Overall, Nowsta is a great tool when it comes to our scheduling, event organization, and employee management. We are very thankful for the time it saves us and for the straightforward approach Nowsta has with all users.

Pluspunten

So many elements of Nowsta work great! The easy-to-view calendar of events, the list of workers that populates quickly, the list of scheduled shifts, and all of the easy-to-navigate features really save us time in the Human Resources office!

Minpunten

Nothing specifically on the administrator level needs improvement. For mobile navigation on behalf of the employees, maybe an easier layout is needed, but I am unfamiliar with mobile navigation.

Brian

Tailor-made for the industry

Beoordeeld op 5/5/2022

Super easy to use. Intuitive interface.

Pluspunten

This was exactly the solution we were looking for. As a caterer with multiple locations (including new ones), different size/time/types of events, Nowsta allows the flexibility needed while communicating the way our team wants to communicate.

Minpunten

We love it! Support is always listening for new feature suggestions.

Celayix

Redenen om over te stappen op Nowsta

Celayix felt dated and wasn't built with the flexibility we needed for different sites/times/staffing models.
Marina

Seamless from Scheduling to Time and Attendance

Beoordeeld op 22/1/2022

Nowsta has saved us a lot of time scheduling staff and exporting the time and attendance data for payroll.

Pluspunten

We like the time clock app that our managers can download to clock in our staff anywhere. The ease of requesting staff, sending messages, etc. through the platform is great.

Minpunten

We are eagerly awaiting a way for our staff to communicate back to us through the app. Currently, it is only one-way messaging outward.

Katie

Pier Sixty

Beoordeeld op 5/1/2022

Overall, I have truly enjoyed using Nowsta opposed to an Excel sheet that always made my computer crash! Not only has it been easy for me to use, but my staff as well!

Pluspunten

I love how easy it is to use, and I love the physical layout of the software. I found that it was very visually appealing which makes it easier to use daily. I also enjoy how easy the app is for my staff. I appreciate that they can receive both notifications from the app and emails for the older staff members who don't use their phones as much. Very user friendly all around!

Minpunten

I wish that I could attach files on the event for only certain staff members, rather than everyone working that event. Sometimes I would like to give the captains the menu in advance and the bartenders the bar layouts but not everyone else because I do not want the servers to see the prices of each event.

Amber

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great app!

Beoordeeld op 14/2/2022

They are great with customer service and answer all questions switching over to their software. With so many shift managers, there was a lot of questions but they were great with responding!

Pluspunten

I love the ease of use! It is very easy to use the app and see all scheduled shifts and input availability. The alerts and reminders are a great feature.

Minpunten

I wish there was a running total of how much you worked each week rather than how much you work total for the entirety of your employment. Having a job where you frequently can go over 40 hours a week, but not easily being able to see how much you’ve worked weekly is not ideal.

David

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A must for catering companies.

Beoordeeld op 6/9/2022

Love it. I was a skeptic at first.

Pluspunten

Ease of use. Best customer service in the business.

Minpunten

The things I don’t like keep getting fixed by the NOWSTA team. No complaints here.

Nicole
  • Sector: Wijn en sterke drank
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Anxiety Relief

Beoordeeld op 30/8/2022

I couldn't be happier and the staff is very helpful for those of us who struggle learning something new.

Pluspunten

I was so full of anxiety of everything I was trying to organize. I can put everything in here for our events. from what they need to wear, what needs to be brought, type of event. We use it to schedule our staff and they can use the app for directions, clocking in and out and even put in their availability.

Minpunten

I just need more time to spend with them to learn more about some of the features we haven't tapped into yet.

Melissa

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Nowsta truly transformed our catering companies staffing operations!

Beoordeeld op 5/8/2019

Nowsta has eliminated our need for paper/hand written shift times, confusion over who was at what event and for how long, wondering what was the pay for that particular shift and the need to spend countless hours calculating every employees hours/pay come payroll time. Most of all, Nowsta has connected all our employees and with the app, given each the convenance of handheld information. Oh, and Nowsta integrates with our catering software Caterease which was our biggest selling point because we only have to enter event information once and it is transferred over to Nowsta with all the details needed for the employees.

From a Caterers view point, I do not think there is anything else out there that can come close to Nowsta for us. So happy we made the move to Nowsta and there's no turning back!

Pluspunten

From an Admin stand point, I love how Nowsta is so easy to edit; staff information, times, position costs, literally everything! I love the availability checks that can go out as whatever I want, they do not have to be attached to an event. I love the multiple ways that I can inform my staff of shifts available via shifts requests and publishing to a first come first serve deal. It's so easy to make announcements to staff members who are scheduled for event shifts. Staff members get notified instantly of any event changes. I can set preferences to where I receive emails every time a staff member accepts/declines a shift, when new events are entered into Nowsta (we have the Caterease interface), when staff members do not clock into their shifts on time and so on. I could go on and on...

From an employees stand point, Nowsta gives me all the information that I need for an event. Its linked with Google Maps and with one click, I get GPS directions to my event. I can get notifications of upcoming events I am scheduled for. I clock in and out with my phone, no company timeclock box needed. I can easily add breaks to my shift. I can clock into an unscheduled shift, like for kitchen/office staff members who work daily yet do not have schedule kitchen or office hours. It is soooo easy! Makes everything soooo easy!!

Hands down the BEST Customer service crew I have ever worked with! I love chatting with them even tho I try not to have to. :)

Minpunten

The only thing at the moment that I wish Nowsta could do is have flat rate delivery options. I currently use normal staffing hours to calculate deliveries but they should be flat rates that do not affect employees hours but we make it work. Looking forward to the upgrade that includes flat rate fees.

Jennifer

Scheduling Software You Need that your Grandma could use

Beoordeeld op 9/12/2021

Nowsta is always very quick to respond to questions. I feel like they really listen to their customers and take our enhancement requests seriously.

Pluspunten

Nowsta is a full service scheduling program that integrates with our catering software. It is an amazing tool for scheduling different levels of staff for multiple events at multiple locations. But it does not stop at the scheduling step. Nowsta is also our time clock and produces all the reports we need for direct import into our payroll system. It even allows our employees to cash out prior to our regular payroll date. Nowsta is also a fantastic data bank for our employee records and it has great tools for communicating with our entire staff at one time and/or the staff of a specific event. We used to have a program for scheduling, one for time and attendance, and none for employee communication. Now we have Nowsta and we love it!

Minpunten

I do not like the mileage feature in Time and Attendance. It is based on time instead of distance. I would love for Nowsta to be able to calculate the driving distance from an employee's home to the venue they are working at so we could compensate for miles driven.
Also our tips are often not received until after an event has taken place. I'd like to have a way of entering tip income for employees when we get it but still have it associated with the event they worked.

Alisha

• Klantenondersteuning

Overall, this program has been a lifesaver and has drastically improved our staffing process.

Beoordeeld op 28/7/2018

Pluspunten

I have been using the software for over 2 years now and have seen it develop into the great product that it is today. What I like most is that the Nowsta team is dedicated to really understanding the needs of their end users and developing a system that is perfect for event industry professionals.

We have been able to really cut down on overtime in every department, have a much higher response rate from staff who are receiving offers to work, and management is able to track hours and run payroll reports much more efficiently with this system in place.

The many different levels of permissions allow me to customize what each person using the system is able to see and access in the system. My Sales team can see schedules, but not pay rates and are not able to adjust times/ shifts. Department head can see pay rates, and enter schedules, but are not able to create or remove another admin user. Event staff can not access the admin portal at all.

There are many great features that this system has that several others on the market simply do not consider or offer, and I would highly recommend taking a look at it if you are not already a user.

Minpunten

As with any system that is still in development, there are still a few hick ups in the program. The Nowsta team works diligently to iron out the kinks but this causes the system to go down for unexpected periods of time and staff is unable to clock in/out.

David

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Intuitive scheduling for catering events

Beoordeeld op 28/9/2019

We are saving 1-2 hrs per week making the schedule and at least 10 hrs a week of admin time that used to be spent texting, calling etc. Now it's all centralized with more control delegated to captains, etc.

Pluspunten

Great customer support team with active development on a best in class platform with a solid codebase to support future iterations.
App recently modernized and continued improvements in reporting allow for oversight and quantitative analysis

Minpunten

Doesn't include payroll, but it syncs with many others! Only real con I can think of

7shifts, Humanity, Event Staff App en QuickBooks Time

Redenen om voor Nowsta te kiezen

Nowsta is built for the events industry. Nothing else comes close

Overgestapt van

QuickBooks Time

Redenen om over te stappen op Nowsta

It does what it does the best of any. Others can't even comprehend what an event is.
Michael
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Game changer

Beoordeeld op 15/7/2019

Great! From when we were first introduced to Nowsta through now, it has been a GREAT experience.

Pluspunten

The Nowsta software provides such an easy way to communicate with staff. Scheduling offsite events is about communication. Nowsta provides a platform where everyone can speak the same language when scheduling or receiving a schedule.

Minpunten

Hard to think about what I don't like. As soon as there is something that seems off the engineers are on it

UKG Ready

Redenen om voor Nowsta te kiezen

The Ready Set Work software was dying more than it was growing. Nowsta's progressive approach to understanding a caterers needs seemed custom fit to what we were looking for in scheduling software.

Redenen om over te stappen op Nowsta

The final decision was based on ease of use and its custom ability to schedule to an event rather than an individual.
Aaron
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Very Pleased!

Beoordeeld op 18/12/2020

Scheduling is much easier and the user interface is easy to use and understand.

Pluspunten

Nowsta easily integrates with other systems that make scheduling events a breeze for our company. The interface is extremely user friendly and is not cumbersome like many other systems that have been used in the past.

Minpunten

There needs to be an attendance (point based) system in place that keeps track of an employee calling in, being late, etc. Progressive attendance based systems are important for companies where hourly employees are expected to maintain an acceptable level of attendance. I would like to see a system added to Nowsta in the future that will make it easy to track attendance so employees can be held accountable for poor attendance.

Cameron

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A world of difference, leagues beyond the next in line.

Beoordeeld op 2/3/2021

The employees can see exactly how lucrative shifts are, and easily sign up for shifts. Requesting staff is so simple, and scheduling them is even simpler. I can't say enough good things about the ease of access.

Pluspunten

The accessibility is so optimized, it takes only two minutes to get someone up to speed on how to use it. The metrics it tracks, and volume of information readily available to both employees and admins is second to none.

Minpunten

The live-update features occasionally don't work, and you'll need to reload to see changes. It's not a big issue, it's just that they occasionally do work, so you usually just need to refresh to make sure.

Bob

Great Product, Great Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 10/11/2020

I can't say enough about this platform. I've personally recommended it to other companies in our industry and can't imagine ever changing. From start to finish, the software is easy to use/learn, provides great analytics and the customer service far exceeds expectations.

Pluspunten

We love being able to create and assign numerous roles and hourly rates to our team members; the timeclock tablet feature is great for onsite clocking in and out and the tracking/reporting tools are incredibly useful for budgeting purposes as well as budget to actual comparisons. There are just so many great features to this software and it continues to improve.

Minpunten

I don't believe there is anything that we like least about the software but this is more of a wish list in that we wish we could house more employee information. Again, this is not the purpose of the software but to have it all in one central location would be super convenient.

Cristina

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Nowsta streamlined our event staffing

Beoordeeld op 26/5/2020

Nowsta has truly streamlined staffing our events. It's cut back on hours we spent on the front end and really helped our staff easily accept or decline shifts in an app. It was also a huge help to pay staff immediately versus waiting for our 2 week pay system via check. Staff seem to really love this option even with the fee.

Pluspunten

Nowsta streamlined our event staffing through the app and the way we communicate with our crew. It's been a game changer for us.

Minpunten

We have been using Nowsta since it launched. The tech support has been wonderful at reviewing our feedback and making changes that really helped the app and our team use it. The software has had issues from time to time but it's always been resolved. The only downside on our end was setting up a direct bank debit weekly versus our original bi-weekly pay system.

Jennifer
  • Sector: Entertainment

Best Entertainment Crewing Software

Beoordeeld op 19/2/2022

This software allows us work with an ever-changing employee pool to staff entertainment events. It is easy to set-up events, add employees to shifts, and be able to customize most aspects of the crewing process to meet our client's needs. It is also very convenient to have timesheets and employee attendance integrated in the same software as our calendar and crewing.

Pluspunten

Nowsta is great for real-time staffing, planning upcoming events for clients, and for tracking attendance and employee times. I've worked with several different software packages over the past 5 years, and this is the one that I'm going to stick with because it does everything I need it to in a user-friendly way.

Minpunten

I would like to be able to add a little more customization to employee pay rates (not only by position, but by client as well). It would also be helpful to be able to customize overtime rules a little more.

Antwoord van Nowsta Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Jennifer,
Just following up here to let you know that you can create custom pay rates on a per client basis.
Here is a link to an article that explains how to set these up.
If you have any questions - please let us know at [email protected]

Christine

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I refer Nowsta to everyone that would benefit from using it!

Beoordeeld op 11/3/2022

I can not say enough how much I love Nowsta! I am very picky with my software and systems I have in place for my business. Nowsta along with Tave (another software system) work perfect for me!
The Nowsta team is wonderful! Always there to help if I have a question. Nowst is a definite game changer for me and my business!

Pluspunten

This software keeps me organized, keeps the associates organized. I love the systems, I love the real time notifications ~ I just love everything about it!

Minpunten

It took me a little while to get use to the software, but it was a small learning curve for me. When I send out a message to the team ~ and then go look at the announcement in my announcement tabs, it's difficult for me to find it after I've read it, doesn't seem to be in chronological order once a message, or announcement is read. ~ Also it's very difficult to get on my nowsta page as an administrator on my phone when i'm out of my office ~ this is very frustrating and hope to find a solution for this.

Katie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Nowsta allows for flexibility, easily accessible information, and great interfacing in my job

Beoordeeld op 1/11/2020

Pluspunten

As an events services worker, It’s incredibly important to me that I can clock in from anywhere, see who I’m working with on a given day (and get their contact info in case I need to call them with an emergency issue), and see all the basic information about my event in one place on my phone. Nowsta allows me to do all of this and more, quickly and easily. That’s what I enjoy most.

Minpunten

The only issues I‘ve had to date with Nowsta occurred after the overhaul last year when Nowsta Timeclock was also introduced. Since then, I find that the Nowsta app can be slow and laggy at times (especially when accepting or declining shift invites). Additionally, once clocked out for the day, if you don’t log out of Timeclock (instead of just swiping out of the app for the night) when you go in the next day your current shift to clock in to wont show up. Before Timeclock, I remember the clock in page refreshing for the day no matter if you had logged out and in. This is a bit of a hassle but doesn’t greatly deter from the ease and functionally of the rest of the app.

Sarah

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Smooth Transition and easy to use!

Beoordeeld op 4/3/2020

From the initial conversation, to the implementation, I have been fully on board! I'm excited to know they are constantly working on how to make the software as useful as possible and I'm not sure how our company went so long with out it!

Pluspunten

This software is so user friendly! We have a VERY wide range of employees that range from savvy to beginner in the tech department. The transition to this app/website was seamless for everyone involved. I love how you can compartmentalize almost every aspect of information on both the administrative side as well as the user side. It takes me less than 1 minute to create an event, and about the same for our employees to choose whether or not they are able to work. It's great from start to finish!
I also love that employees can choose how they receive notifications. Very customizable to how they use their phones.

Minpunten

The biggest thing I wish this software had was an app from the admin side. Although the browser is esthetically pleasing, I would like to get push notifications as the administrator.

Marcus
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Game Changer for Event Management

Beoordeeld op 2/10/2021

I have used Nowsta for the past 6 years with three different Catering/Hotel companies because the dedication Nowsta has to their clients is superb, the software is user-friendly with features that save time and energy. The app is loved by my staff and commutation to them through it is seamless. If you want to streamline all things dealing with event management this is the software for you!

Pluspunten

The scheduling and communication features are by far the best in the biz. Geared towards events.

Minpunten

Definitely wish they had the feature to approve "published shifts request" before our employees are "confirmed". When you have many on-call staff this feature helps with sorting through everyone based on knowing who will 100% Percent pick-up the shift. Nowsta does have a "availability calendar" so staff can easily notify management of their current availability, but with a staff of 50+ enforcement that they keep their calendar updated is easier said than done.

Brian

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great product makes my life easier

Beoordeeld op 8/8/2019

Doing payroll used to take me anywhere from 1-6 hours depending on how busy we were and how many people were working. After we switched to Nowsta, I usually have payroll done in 30 minutes. We do schedules on a weekly basis and I used to have to do the schedule in Excel, then change it to a PDF and then email it to all the staff along with where they were meeting for events. It took me forever to do. With Nowsta, everything is right in the app and it cuts the time in half. Also, with people being able to punch in from their phones, there is no longer paper needed. All of the staff is very helpful and quick to get back to you if you reach out to them.

Pluspunten

Nowsta cuts my scheduling time at least in half. It also takes me a quarter of the time to do payroll. Easier for employees to punch in and out.

Minpunten

Some issues with the app freezing. People with android have had issues using the app. There is no way for staff members to put in extended periods of time off in the app (vacatin or PTO or what not)