Xero

• Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Affordable professional level accounting software for small business

Beoordeeld op 26/8/2019

It's been easier to use Xero than I expected, but I had a nasty surprise at tax time when I realized the default accounts/descriptions for expenses did not correlate 1:1 to IRS categories. (I should have checked this more closely when I set up my accounts because it's a New Zealand company, and the previous product was local.) This means I will need to double-check all my transactions for 2018 and the IRS has my vastly overestimated tax payment until I can do that and file my return on an extension.

I've had a much better experience importing data from financial institutions because Xero uses a well-known importing service that is trusted by the institutions.

I like being able to match multiple invoices to bank deposits because I usually don't run to the bank for each check. This will be more valuable as my company grows.

I should probably find an accountant to assist me with this, but I haven't found an accountant who understands both craft businesses and Xero.

Pluspunten

Professional double entry software at a very affordable price
Accommodates both cash and accrual accounting
Links to financial institutions to get transactions
Uses standard importer recognized by the financial institutions instead of just trying to log in remotely (and triggering fraud alerts)
Can match multiple invoices to a single deposit transaction imported from bank
Can keep using Xero as company grows

Minpunten

Pre-existing expense categories/descriptions don't map 1:1 with IRS definitions, so I'm having to go back to all my receipts to make sure expenses are entered in proper accounts because I didn't realize this when I switched
More difficult to focus on specific expense categories to check transactions
Have not been able to import historic data from previous app (possibly because it's not double entry) so I am still paying the subscription on that software to retain access to my data
No integration with Craftybase, so I have to enter supply purchases and customer invoices there independently

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

Outright depends on importing data from financial institutions but they were extremely unreliable (apparently they don't use a standard importing service and my credit union kept flagging them as hackers for remote logins) and customer service kept giving me the runaround. It also isn't "professional" double-entry bookkeeping and can't be audited. Outright can't handle Cost of Goods Sold properly and requires manual workarounds. It can't generate professional reports needed when applying for loans.

Redenen om over te stappen op Xero

QuickBooks introduced a special product for Etsy integration, but early adopters had problems with data disappearing and no way to recover it. Otherwise, the cost of QuickBooks to cover the same features I use in Xero would have been very expensive; even a QB consultant told me it's overkill for a business of my size. I forget which other products I looked at, but Xero was recommended by several owners of similar businesses.
Bodamer
  • Sector: Vertalingen en lokalisatie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Xero is an accounting tool that outshines the rest. It makes accounting very reliable

Beoordeeld op 25/6/2024

We are getting a very precise experience working on our finances with Xero. It has made it easy for us to streamline all our financial activities. Xero keeps us in check on our expenses and budget.

Pluspunten

Xero provides us with very informative financial reports that allows us to gauge and weigh our financial position. Its security tools are so good and keeps all our data secure. It makes it so easy to keep a close look into our expenditure by tracking our expenses. Xero has a very secure book keeping space that helps us consolidate our financial files abd receipts.

Minpunten

No concerns whatsoever about Xero. It has been great and has shown us it great value.

Andrea
  • Sector: Meubels

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Stop messing with what is not broken

Beoordeeld op 3/7/2024

Appalling. They do not listen to their customers. Look at the Xero Central feedback and comments. A very unhappy customer base.

Pluspunten

It used to be good - but now the 'improvements team' have ruined a good product.

Minpunten

The development team are taking their lead from govt depts to incorporate e-invoicing and other 'goals' but dropping essential functionality. Listen to your customer base. Look at the Xero Central reviews. Your customers are leaving in droves, hence the marketing push for 75% discount to new users. Filling up your customer tank to replace those who were dissatisfied and left.

Edwina
  • Sector: Entertainment

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Happy user

Beoordeeld op 12/4/2024

Pluspunten

The convenience and ease of use and I love how I can make the changes myself.

Minpunten

The price is a little high for something I use myself.

Jelena
  • Sector: Detailhandel

Beoordeeld op 15/5/2024

Ease of access , connected to my other CRMs

Minpunten

Login security - don’t need double security

Thomas
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Xero is the best tool for the job

Beoordeeld op 1/7/2024

Xero makes accounting really quick and easy. It's easy to create, edit and manage transactions, and it makes organisation a breeze.

Pluspunten

Integration with other software packages such as WorkflowMax and Rapport3, the number of reports available, easy bank reconciliation and automatic bank account syncing.

Minpunten

It takes a working day to pull through bank account data. This is an understandable limitation, but I'd love to see Xero create a way around it one day. Waiting a day to see if payments have come in is a pain, especially over the weekend.

Daniel
  • Sector: Bouwmaterialen

Great reliable accounting sofware

Beoordeeld op 14/6/2024

Pluspunten

It's user-friendly interface. It hardly, or never crashes leaving you with all your work lost. It's very reliable.

Minpunten

Although there is a way to create customizable invoices templates, its not very user-friendly. It must be made using merge fields in Windows word, a tool not very familiar to regular people. Maybe an upgrade on the invoice template/layouts would be nice received by the community.

Mario
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great tool for invoicing but needs more features

Beoordeeld op 28/6/2024

Pluspunten

Very use friendly and easy to use and all basic features work as intended when generating invoices.

Minpunten

It lacks customization features and that's what my business needs as with other tools, I can customize basically everything and with Xero the customization is very basic

Joana
  • Sector: Mediaproductie
  • Maandelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Cloud-based accounting software

Beoordeeld op 21/6/2024

Pluspunten

It can easily access from anywhere, anytime, with real-time updates.

Minpunten

The Price is higher compared to some competitors, especially for advanced features or additional users.

John
  • Sector: Beveiliging en opsporing
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Maandelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Simple and easy

Beoordeeld op 10/6/2024

Pluspunten

What i like most about using Xero is the simplistic layout and ease of use

I don’t have anything I like the least about Xero. It’s so simple to use

Adam
Adam
  • Sector: Computersoftware

Absolutely love Xero

Beoordeeld op 3/11/2019

Xero has allowed us to get a real, detailed view on the financial situation within our company from one place. With a comprehensive setup, it can provide real value from day one.

Pluspunten

Xero has transformed our financial management and provides us with all the real time data we could imagine, and where it lacks, integrations take over. While more "accountancy" friendly than some of the more simple products, once you work with your accountants to get this right, you won't regret it. The detail, features and holistic approach to managing company finances means that we are using this every day and with pleasure.

Minpunten

The interface is being updated, and it is needed as it is a little old fashioned in its design. That said, it is clean and clear and otherwise we love everything about Xero.

Sage 100 en FreeAgent

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

FreeAgent was a little too simple and too many things were "locked in". We have much more flexibility and a wider range of integrations with Xero.

FreeAgent
Peter
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Xero is made for accountants and not small business or tradies.

Beoordeeld op 29/10/2020

Xero is quick to reconcile but so are the other brand options. I am making a lot of money for my accountant because I always need to ring and get help.

Pluspunten

Easy reconciliation but this is a feature of most brands now.

Minpunten

Reports are impossible to configure and source the data I need. The layout is poor and not user friendly. The technical terms used are common to accountants but make no sense to small business operators. The online help is useless and takes forever to get a response. Feature requests are ignored and not even responded to. There are other brands that offer a much easier user interface and at a fraction of the cost. I was forced into XERO as it was the only brand my accountant would support. I have to ring the accountants for help all the time who change a fortune for simple advice. Every feature I need is an extra add on charge. The remember me at login does not work and I have to waste time with 2 step login every time I leave the computer for 5 minutes. XERO does not work well on the tablet. The bank feeds do not deliver all the transaction data detail and its very difficult to identify some businesses. Memorizing transactions and splitting purchases is a real time-waster.

MYOB Business en QuickBooks Enterprise

Redenen om over te stappen op Xero

I was forced to use it by my accountant who would not support the other brands.
Judah
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Solid platform

Beoordeeld op 8/12/2020

So far, it has been amazing. I have little to no complaints. Everyone that I have moved to Xero have told me thank you.

Pluspunten

Xero is an accounting software that just works. I have used so many different platforms, and Xero has been the easiest and most reliable software I have found.

Minpunten

1099 reports are too limited. Tracking categories are too limited. Support can phone it in when you first reach out to them, but if you set up a time to chat with someone they are extremely helpful.

AccountingSuite en Wave

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

Quickbooks ethics and support was enough to drive me crazy. When you would call QBO support 5 times, you will most likely get 5 different answers and they will usually contradict each other.

Monika

Xero for Business

Beoordeeld op 25/2/2021

I am happy, can be connected with my clients all the time, can prepare reports anywhere, anytime. I think the price for South Africa is a bit high

Pluspunten

I like the product is easy to use, no need high knowledge of accounting, the person who never was doing accounting can easily manage this product

Minpunten

there is still missing a few things as inventory shall be a bit changed as people with two inventories in different places can not have two storages, there are few things that missing and can make it easier to work with

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

the cloud, it is an advantage to be cloud due to my work I am travelling a lot and if client need help can do it on the move

more user friendly I think
Rowena

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

It took me a while, but I am a Xero convert!

Beoordeeld op 30/9/2021

When I first began using Xero, I had heard a lot about it and was skeptical. Surely, no software could be so "all that"! I was introduced to it by a colleague who has converted the whole of her mid-size accountancy practice to it, and literally within a day and a half (which did include watching some of the short but very clear tutorial videos) I was not only up and running, but felt confident using it, finding my way around it, locating and fixing errors etc. It's literally that simple and straightforward. It's also incredibly stable - I think in 3 years it's only been offline (to my knowledge) 3 times, each for a very short period. I've also not found ANY bugs so far - almost unheard of! - and the support is fantastic, even though it's online.

Pluspunten

Provided it's set up properly, Xero is probably the most friendly accounting software - to non-accountants that is - of any I've ever come across. Back in the 90's, MYOB revolutionised accounting software for small business, but Xero takes it to a whole new level, by removing so much of the data entry work that takes time, leaves room for errors and is in general a pain, when you'd rather be - you know, running your business. With Xero, it's up to the individual operator how much they want to automate their accounting transactions; if you want to, you can use the really powerful, but still simple tools to do a lot of the legwork for you. If you prefer to do it more manually, that's OK too - it's still simple and very quick and easy to use.

Minpunten

Xero is constantly adding and refining its software. Inventory control is an area I'd like to see strengthened, but that's already way ahead of where it was a couple of years ago. Similarly processing payments in advance. But these are relatively small niggles which for the majority of small businesses don't present any issue.

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

I was contracting to an accountancy firm who had converted their entire practice to Xero.

Andrew
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Xero makes finance so easy

Beoordeeld op 25/3/2022

Since starting with Xero over six years ago, we couldn't be happier. We've centralised all our financial activity into one platform, which is great for non-finance people like myself!

Pluspunten

Xero makes managing the finances for a business really straightforward. The user interface is intuitive and it centralises all my accounts information.

One of my favourite features is the the dashboard, which is clear and customisable, and gives a great summary of the position position at any time.

The software also integrates really well to other platforms for things like receipt capture and detailed business analysis.

Minpunten

I'm really happy with how it performs, however, our bookkeeper still does some levels of manual reporting, which he finds easier in Excel, than in Xero. The integration of BA tools does negate this issue.

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

It wasn't SaaS at the time and was only able to be understood and used by our bookkeeper.

Redenen om over te stappen op Xero

At the time the product looked to have better features and functionality, and the user experience was excellent.
Rino
Rino
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Xero - The Cloud Based Software of the future

Beoordeeld op 24/6/2022

Fantastic product with fantastic support and really meaningful input from the actual company staff

Pluspunten

Xero's main benefit to us as a mid tier accounting firm is the ease of importing information. It supports multiple bank feeds on a reliable basis and its open API allows for the support of many add in apps

Minpunten

Being a non-technical software, it does sometimes give the impression of not being as robust in terms of ease of change of prior information. This can be overcome by locking down periods, one just has to remember to do this though.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

The capital development expenditure and size of Xero simply mean that it is outpacing other software in terms of speed of development, effectively future-proofing our practice.

The main factors were cost and engagement with the Xero South Africa team
Simon

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Xero leads the way for cloud based accounting software for small to medium businesses

Beoordeeld op 12/9/2022

Very good. It certainly seems to be market leader and for good reason.

Very good. It certainly seems to be market leader and for good reason.

Pluspunten

Although may not feature the type of reporting that would set it apart from competitors, it has good integration with other apps that can generally to the job.

For accountants, the customer support is good enough. There is a large community so you can usually find the answer you need if you run into an issue

Minpunten

Not every useful report is available. And may never get them if they arent on the roadmap. Only really found one strange issue around perpetual revaluing of forex that has not been resolved, and likely wont ever be. Its not critical, but would be useful.

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

Sage 50 wasnt cloud at the time, its the only way you can work these days. Sage cloud service wasn't up to scratch back then

Redenen om over te stappen op Xero

Most advanced at the time
Faruk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A great premium software with the all the right integrations

Beoordeeld op 26/4/2023

Overall, Xero is great accounting software available in the clould. Its ability to allow workers to work remotely and monitor work is highly useful. It has great accounting tools at your fingertips. The great selection of integrations also help with syncing workflows and tasks cross different platforms like document collections and processing, job management and payment processing.

Pluspunten

There is a constant improvement of the Xero Blue platform with new integrations coming all the time (like the Karbon integration for contact sync just announced) The Dashboard is highly intuitive and gives an up to date snapshot of the business when you loginThe ability to create reports is highly useful, especially the new update that gives a modern interface with features like budgets for P & L Statements. The ingratiations (an constantly expanding selection)

Minpunten

Features like HubDoc that come with Xero have not been updated in years. When compared to their competitors like DEXT they are severely lacking in features and usability. Xero invoicing is very basic, no ability for direct debit payments, no engagement letter etc. Document management software like Suitfiles needs to be used, there is currently no direct integration for document management like Karbon has. Integrations into Xero Green (XPM) basic, XPM has not been updated in many years and to an overhaul to compete. Pricing when compared to software like software assistant is more premium.

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

Xero is an online platform that is ahead of the competition in every regard. They are constantly improving and allow the ability to login in from any browser and get to work. Although the price paid per client is significantly higher than this software, the ability to to have everything securely backed up in the cloud and ready to go makes Xero a no brainer for our practice. Features like simple to use reports, dashboard, integration like (DEXT, Ignition, Karbon, XPM, Mailchimp)

Redenen om over te stappen op Xero

MYOB falls short in every area when it comes to Xero, from the user interface to the easy usability of Xero to the far reaching integration into many platforms. Xero also offers many subscriptions at different price points to it doesn't break the bank.
Sue
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Xero for non profits

Beoordeeld op 23/8/2023

Now that I am up and running I really like it. The nominal structure is very different to Sage Line 50 but the principles are the same. I was advised by multiple accountants to choose Xero or Sage online above Quickbooks

Pluspunten

Online means that we can share information across the team as we do not work from a central office.

Minpunten

I did need an expert to help me set up Xero and make sure all the data was imported correctly. We bought in around 10 hours of expert help to get us started.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

We needed an online option... we were using Sage Line50 but that is not an option for me to choose here.

Redenen om over te stappen op Xero

Pretty sure it was recommendation from accountants. The costs were pretty comparable.
Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Great, intuitive and easy to use bookkeeping software, lacking for accountants, NO customer...

Beoordeeld op 4/4/2018

It is so easy to use but support has to come from Accountants who are not customer service or techies and who are not adequately compensated for their efforts. It is enjoyable to use and definitely does the basics very well.

Pluspunten

For bookkeeping, small and medium-sized businesses this software is a dream. It is the most intuitive and easiest to use of all the accounting software that we reviewed. As an accountant, it is easy to fix user errors and mis-postings. There is a proper audit trail and safety checks built in. There are so many time-saving features like find and recode, repeating bills/invoices/journals, bank rules. The move toward AI is exciting too.

Minpunten

The reports aren't GAP or IAS compliant so it is no good for reporting, final accounts production or tax. To get accountants interested and recommending Xero in the early days, they promised accountants that Final Accounts Production and Corporation Tax software was in their development queue but it never materialised and they burnt a lot of bridges with accountants when they announced that they had dropped FAP plans. This is why Quickbooks are getting such a big foothold and stealing market share from Xero.

The software is expensive for what it is and you can get a lot more and better for your money with FreeAgent and QuickBooks.

The biggest let down for Xero is that there is no telephone support, at all. Not even call back. You have to email and if you are on the opposite side of the world from New Zealand, it can take a full day to get an inital response and if there is any misunderstanding or info required, it can take days to get your problem resolved. This is really useless and a deal breaker for serious businesses.

Another major failing in Xero is the number of times that the Bank Feed just doesn't work. This is outwith Xero's control and so it can often take months to resolve. This is amateur and best and negligent at worst.

Garreth N
Garreth N

Expensive But Good

Beoordeeld op 25/12/2022

Overall it has saved time, mostly thru automation of bank accounts and bank rules. As with all software there is some frustration, but Xero are continually improving.

Pluspunten

The software is easy to setup, easy to use, very transparent and well-supported by many accountants. It is designed with the end-user in mind, rather than the accountant. Depending on your package, it allows filing direct with IRD for GST and Payroll.

Minpunten

There is no phone support, only via a web portal. Some matters are not documented well in any of the Xero-supplied "how to" e.g. best practice for issuing dividends.

Accuracy and time.

Microsoft Excel

Easier to use.
Yongmei
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus

Our business partner

Beoordeeld op 29/10/2023

Pluspunten

It’s very simple to use. It has all the features that our business requires from an accounting softwares. You can do payroll and VAT all in one place and submit from Xero with one click. It is extremely convenient. It is like another helpful staff in our company.

Minpunten

Nothing really. Everything about Xero is really good. We are absolutely satisfied.

Redenen om voor Xero te kiezen

Xero is more suitable for a small business.
Nayari
Nayari
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An ideal system for our financial management.

Beoordeeld op 28/8/2023

It is a software that allows the automation of routine tasks such as bank reconciliation has freed up valuable time, allowing me to focus on strategic financial analysis and achieve better decision making. With Xero I can generate personalized reports and in real time it gives me a clear vision of the company's financial performance, which makes it easier to identify areas for improvement and growth opportunities. Honestly, it is a system that greatly facilitates my duties as Finance Manager.

Pluspunten

Since I've been using Xero, I've really liked it, as it has proven to be an exceptional solution for optimizing our financial management. It has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface that allows me to quickly access key financial data such as balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows. It has an automated bank reconciliation feature, which is a real plus, because it saves us time and ensures the accuracy of our financial records. It has characteristics that are key to our objectives.

Minpunten

Xero is an almost perfect system, because it can have limitations in terms of customization. Some of the advanced reports and features may require technical knowledge or expert assistance. Another disadvantage is its integration with other business systems, which can be difficult in some cases and cause data synchronization difficulties.

John
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Concerns with Xero

Beoordeeld op 10/4/2018

We've been using Xero for about two years now. There have been a few hiccups along the way but for the most part things have been ok. Recently however, we've had a problem with our bank feed uploading into Xero in order to reconcile transactions. We first encountered this issue on 2/10/18. We informed Xero and they said they would look into the issue. A couple of weeks went by without hearing anything about the feed working as it should. We contacted them again and they said they were still working on the issue but that we could manually download the transactions ourselves in the meantime. Today is 4/10/18 (2 months later) and they still have not fixed the issue. We are still having to manually download these transactions ourselves in order to reconcile our bank accounts within the Xero software.

I spoke with Xero this morning and they still do not have a timeline for when this will be fixed. They said they use an outside company to perform the importing of bank feeds functions and that they are not responsible for it not working. They said when we signed up for the Xero service we were informed about the possibility of the feed possibly cutting out at some point in the fine print (terms & conditions). They refuse to issue any sort of refund for their monthly service during this time of inconvenience because they say the bank feed import function is a free service offered by a third party.

The problem we have is that Xero is marketing this service as part of their overall monthly service package which you assume is really included in your monthly service fee you pay to them. When it doesn't work they take no accountability for it not working. We think it's very deceptive for them to market a service (bank import functionality) to prospective buyers, which you assume is included with your monthly service fee, but then take no responsibility for it not working when things breakdown. We believe they do this to gain a competitive advantage over other companies like Quickbooks. Instead of just charging for the bank import service which would increase their monthly service fee and make them less competitive on a price basis with their competition they artfully setup their service to be able to offer a more competitive price but not assume any of the responsibility when the service doesn't work as expected. The general consumer doesn't think to put this deceptive tactic together when they sign up for the service and Xero assumes once they have you onboard you'll deal with the issue until they can get it fixed because switching accounting software companies at a later date is extremely inconvenient.

Pluspunten

The service accomplishes most of what it was intended to do albiet at a bit of a learning curve for the new user.

Minpunten

There is no customer service support number to call. Bank feeds do not work properly. IOS app is mising some functionaility