Sigma Computing reviews

Sigma Computing

Tool voor collaboratieve business intelligence en gegevensanalyse

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Jose F.
Jose F.
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Excellent alternative to pivot tables and spreadsheets

Beoordeeld op 20/5/2020

So far, we've managed to simplify our business metrics visualization and enabled querying that information to non-technical users which is a big win.

Pluspunten

I like that it's easy to create customized views of Data without having to expose unnecesary information as noise. I love the simple UI to build new reports and the smart filters.

Minpunten

Getting the data into Sigma can be daunting at first, but it's worth it in the end. If you're struggling I recommend to keep trying.

Scott
  • Sector: Sport

Sigma - making SQL a visual effort

Beoordeeld op 27/6/2019

It has been great. The tool fit very naturally into my companies data flow and getting _explorable_ data into stakeholders hands. We also have a more static dashboarding tool that excels at that, but is weak for exploration.
Sigma also makes my job as an analyst easier by making data sets explorable using point-n-click tools vs code

Pluspunten

Makes 'easy' queries very easy to work on and see results visually immediately. Natural way to think about grouping objects but still showing the 'row' level data is amazing and a huge selling point on getting non data people to use the sheets shared with them.
Makes the mental structuring of large undertakings choppable into smaller to-do's and then joining sheets together

Minpunten

Expanding on my point in my pro's about chunking down large undertakings to smaller conceptual efforts per sheet.... this is not very performant. I have two projects where I create a base sheet and then have 2-6 sheets built off of it before potentially joining them back together to combine the aspects I've added. This however, results in the base sheet/query being run numerous times and is often times a time consuming query to begin with. In a code based environment this could be made more performant by using a WITH statement so it only has to execute once and can then be used multiple times

Joins have to be exact matches (no date comparison) and can only be on original columns from the data source. Therefore, if a column must be switched from integer to string, you have to create a reference to the sheet before being able to join to other tables.

Marissa
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Sigma Review

Beoordeeld op 26/6/2019

I use sigma multiple times a day, 5 days a week and with the exception of a few internal tweaks, I am generally happy with the program.

Pluspunten

Easy exporting into excel, formula customization, overall data customization, saving personal reports

Minpunten

Dragging and dropping columns in the sidebar isn't the most efficient. Also, the loading time when changing filters is so long! I find myself exporting the data dump into excel for easier and faster use. Also the constant formula adjusting to achieve the correct data - I've been using the program for about 6 months and reporting isn't 100% yet.

Mia
  • Sector: Automotive

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Turns non-technical business users into data power users

Beoordeeld op 26/6/2019

Stellar overall experience. The Sigma team makes a massive effort to truly understand and design around customer needs and use cases, as well as to provide hands-down the best customer support and training I have ever received from a B2B vendor, period.

Pluspunten

The ability to connect to any data number of data sources across our enterprise data warehouse to extract useful insights for my team. Without a line of coding I can report, analyze, and visualize data from our CRM, IoT data streams, 3rd party APIs, and now .csv uploads. The full access is balanced by perfect row-level security controls so I can use the same system to power data dashboards and portals for internal teams as I do for external clients.

Minpunten

The upside of being able to access ALL data streams leads to a downside -- it can take a long time to process and load information. However I look forward to data materialization features in the works which will eliminate this problem.

Austin
  • Sector: Olie en energie

Great Product

Beoordeeld op 6/8/2019

Pluspunten

Ease of use and visibility is great! Love the data that we are able to pull and how easy the interface is to use.

Minpunten

There are a few features that I would love to see added. Mainly that when you are working with large data sets, it can be hard on the system and lead to slow processing time.

Samuel
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Sigma - Ease of use

Beoordeeld op 7/5/2020

Sigma is a great way to share smaller sets of data. It allows me to prepare for my clients by pulling together reports quickly in an easy format.

Pluspunten

The software is pretty easy and intuitive, except for the UI, at first. You don't really need much training on instruction, making it easy for you to play around with until you get the idea.

Minpunten

Sometimes when I have put things into the CSV filter they end up in the wrong place. Also the UI is kind of weird if you've never used it, but I was able to get used to it fairly quickly.

Alaia
Alaia

Lots of functionality

Beoordeeld op 14/5/2020

Pluspunten

Great UI and incredible functionality! Been very happy with the product so far.

Minpunten

Definitely a learning curve at first -- lots to learn.

Sean

Sigma Daily Use

Beoordeeld op 8/7/2019

Pluspunten

It was easy to store data and share with partners.

Minpunten

The user dash is a bit basic. It would be great to see a wider variety of tools and functions.

Meg
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A self-service resource with a few quirks

Beoordeeld op 17/2/2022

Pluspunten

This software enables me to analyze the performance of our content on demand, reducing the need to tap teammates to get the data I need. This greatly speeds up the process.

Minpunten

While admins can adjust search parameters, users don't have the ability to set and save things like data ranges. You'll either have to adjust your dates every time you use the program (which is a pain) or make sure your admin is on the ball about updating parameters.

• Sector: Automotive
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Easy but limiting

Beoordeeld op 29/6/2019

Cross functional reporting

Cross functional reporting

Pluspunten

Like the fact anyone non technical can use the software

Minpunten

It’s limiting in terms of how you can analyse the data.

Krystyna

Highly recommended!

Beoordeeld op 13/5/2020

Excellent! I use it on the daily.

Excellent! I use it on the daily.

Pluspunten

It's easy to use and straight forward. I'm not not only handling reports for my team but for multiple departments as well.

Minpunten

I'm still learning the depths but it's one of the best programs that I've had the opportunity to use. I would say the only thing that can be annoying, is the load speed. Sometimes my tables and dashboards time out.

Drake
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Simple Yet Powerful

Beoordeeld op 15/9/2020

Pluspunten

Sigma presents data in a format users already understand... a spreadsheet. The result is a BI tool that is much less intimidating than alternatives because it doesn't force users to learn a new query language.

Minpunten

While the basic functionality is actually pretty easy to use, some of the features are hard to find, or not that intuitive especially around formulas or more advanced features.

Juan
  • Sector: Logistiek en toeleveringsketen

Beoordeeld op 29/9/2019

Pluspunten

Great charts, filters and databases, easy to use and learn

Minpunten

Layout and colors, not nice or fancy first experience

Yuting
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Good BI for basic data visualization

Beoordeeld op 18/7/2019

1. excel like so it's easy to pick up
2. can connect to the live database and without writing SQL query
3. can share the worksheet and schedule to send out the worksheet via email

Minpunten

1. it's not easy to use if you want to do a complicated report: once you aggregate multiple worksheets / refer other worksheet and apply multiple filters, it's hard to verify your result and make it in the correct format.
2. the articles to discuss the Sigma features or best practice are not comprehensive.

Wallace

Solid BI Tool to use for Enterprise Analytics

Beoordeeld op 8/7/2019

The customer support has been very nice and prompt. The product has even evolved with ideas that we have asked for. The overall product and development team is very receptive and responsive to customer needs.

Pluspunten

The ease of hook up to my database. Ease of report building. Use of functions and how it can interpret dates.

Minpunten

Dashboard to dashboard they cannot communicate and dashboards have a little different functionality than worksheets. Sigma is still very young in age and I am sure things will change.

Frank
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Increase the visibility of your data across teams and find your own answer to data questions

Beoordeeld op 18/7/2019

I am slowly getting up to speed with Sigma but can see already that as I commit to it we will greatly increase the speed at which my team can answer questions we have regarding all of the data we are collecting. There will be a day where I will no longer have a need for Excel and Google Sheets.

Pluspunten

Really like the ease of being able to expose our data across teams and allow each individual user to be able to answer the questions they have with the tools supplied, grouping and filters being two of the easiest and most useful for me.

Minpunten

Up to the this point the visualizations aka charts have been difficult for me to create, but I will admit I haven't committed to taking a deep dive into learning. Also would like to be able to annotate from within a report (eg. cell) rather than at the top level within the description.

• Sector: Detailhandel

Sigma

Beoordeeld op 13/5/2020

Very positive in my daily work.

Very positive in my daily work.

Pluspunten

Sigma allows us to have instant access to the data that are ingested into snowflake. It allows me to access all the raw data, which is what I need, rather than concise dashboard data.

Minpunten

Data tables can be a little difficult to learn at first, but just like anything, you can learn it over time with enough familiarity with the product.

• Sector: Kapitaalmarkten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great tool our needs - fast and easy navigation of snowflake data, quick reporting, data...

Pluspunten

Easy and intuitive user interface. Licensing is for creators, viewer usage unlimited. Visual designer for lookups and joins. Fast learning curve for non technical users. Team is super responsive. Works very well with snowflake.

Minpunten

Not a tableau/power bi replacement, some features still immature

Blake

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A vast improvement over our previous product

Beoordeeld op 3/7/2019

Using Sigma as a tool to prioritize asset service and inspection has been a game changer. Much better visualization tools than the competitor's product we previously used.

Pluspunten

It is much faster and easier to read than our old reporting software

Minpunten

I would like the ability to modify the sort on the fly. Currently an admin has to adjust it, if it is needed

Lauren
  • Sector: Kleding en mode

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Sigma Computing Review

Beoordeeld op 10/7/2019

it's been ok, better than the system i was using before but certainly not the best i have used.

Pluspunten

The options are nice to have. We also have been able to compute what we need from the report.

Minpunten

It is the slowest thing on the face of the earth

KEONA
  • Sector: Informatiediensten

New User

Beoordeeld op 2/6/2020

So far it gets the job done.

So far it gets the job done.

Pluspunten

I like the training resources that are provided within the program. It's also very user friendly

Minpunten

I'm still learning the system.

Kevin

Sigma Review

Pluspunten

Easy to navigate, can easily filter the report

Minpunten

As a user, data integrity is questionable since there is no clear way to know if the source of the data is accurate

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Easy use for non-SQL experts

- Easy to use
- Easy to learn
- Great for non-SQL writter

- Easy to use
- Easy to learn
- Great for non-SQL writter

Pluspunten

I work for tech companies and one of my main challenges was always not beign able to write my own queries. It was veyr useful to be able to create Joins more viasually without actually writting the script. This allowed to created my own results without depending on other.

Minpunten

Although this is not my feedback (since most of my experience with sigma was SUPER positive), my compnay says it's quite high (cost) for the benefit

Weilynn
  • Sector: Computerhardware

Ease of pull

Beoordeeld op 17/12/2020

Pluspunten

The sigma worksheets are easy to filter and sort as well as export for the purposes of my use.

Minpunten

Jumping head first into the deep end having little experience with Sigma made it hard. Dedicated tutorials and information as I click through worksheets in the first few uses that I can dismiss over time as I become more comfortable with using sigma might be helpful.

Jessica
  • Sector: Bankwezen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

from a non-technical user

Beoordeeld op 22/9/2020

Using it to solve internal communication and information sharing with in the company. As we grow and hire more people we need to have better tools to share customer results and internal financials.

Pluspunten

Ability to access data and information previously not available to those outside of the engineering team. I'm excited about the possibilities too for dashboarding and uploading other data sources to help company wide information sharing.

Minpunten

Its a little hard to understand so I'll need better training from our internal team who implemented the software.