ISL Light Remote Desktop

ISL Light Remote Desktop

Software voor ondersteuning op afstand en externe toegang tot onbeheerde apparaten

4.7/5 (176 review)
Christian M.

Solid alternative to Teamviewer

Beoordeeld op 30/5/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It was a positive experience for us so far. The software allows us to provide a professionally looking remote support service to mostly new and unknown users.

Pluspunten

We've just renewed our license for the third year. We're using it to provide remote tech support for our customers and it never let us down so far. Our support staff likes working with it. Certainly not looking back to Teamviewer again.

Minpunten

Two relatively small issues with it, last time we checked:
1. The chat identifies our staff as "Desk" and there is no way to change this. In TeamViewer we could set our identification to whatever we wanted (We had it set to "Firstname Lastname - Company" for clarity and personal touch).
2. It uses the chat like a log, so everything that happens while we're connected gets logged in the chat, and we feel it's difficult to carry on a conversation with someone with log output cluttering the chat.

David S.
Vertalen met Google

Great product that works!!!

Beoordeeld op 30/1/2020

Pluspunten

This is a great product that just works, no messing, we give the customer the session code, connects very quickly and we can support our client's needs quickly and easily.

I can set up unattended access so I can remote into my clients after they have gone home to fix issues so they don't have any downtime.

Minpunten

The only thing I have an issue with the software is when I am justing it on my tablet to give remote support, I am unable to pause it on the app or have multiple sessions open. I can do this on the desktop no problem.

Antwoord van ISL Online

Thank you for your review!

Regarding the pausing of sessions on mobile devices - this is currently not possible. However, we have created a feature request ticket (internal ID REQ-1948) for this functionality to be developed and integrated.

I suggest you subscribe to our newsletter, follow our blog and social channels, so you'll be notified on the progress.

Best, ISL Online Team

Alejandro C.
Sector: Directiekantoor
Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
Vertalen met Google

Easy remote access/support solution with multiple options

Beoordeeld op 15/1/2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We offer support to company owned and employee owned PCs, and also support business partners that require access to our systems for our business relationship. For company owned equipment we used to install another remote support product, but we can't do that on most of not-owned equipment, so ISL became a great help since we do not need to install anything, just provide the session ID so they can join when they need and be confident no one will be accessing their property beyond that particular moment.

Pluspunten

When you need to provide support or remote access (attended or unattended) it is a simple solution, easy to use, several alternatives to grant access in variety of OS's and circumstances and cost competitive.It isn't cluttered with functions that may work in some cases but in others are completely unnecessary.

Minpunten

No "bundles" for several users in small companies, those with need of many simultaneous users are likely to be really big and this situation works at their favor (btw, those are the ones that may need the extra functions from other competitors), but for small companies (using 1-2 simultaneous users) add an extra channel means doubling the cost. Even with that unpleasant situation still cost competitive.

Matjaž D.
Sector: Consumentenelektronica

ISL Light

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 9/7/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We mostly support people in the USA, Denmark, Arab emirates.

Pluspunten

slo support, multiple monitor connect is nice

Minpunten

I can not prepare a remote access in advance. I have to open software, generate session ID and then wait a really long time for the installer to tell the customer to download it. Generating link is nice, but I still need to be there at the beginning.
It is really confusing whenever session drops, sometimes it reconnects and writes some data into chat window? why chat window?
Whenever you have chat open and remote and also file transfer it is really hard to manage all those windows.
Audio chat would also be nice.
Connecting to some remote in Arab Emirates can take up to 5 minutes.

Antwoord van ISL Online

"Audio chat would also be nice. "
Audio chat in an active session is possible.
You can check out the following guide which will show you how to use it: https://help.islonline.com/37390/230353

"Connecting to some remote in Arab Emirates can take up to 5 minutes. "
Long connection times can be caused by a number of reasons (network issues, ports unavailable, ...) If you can reproduce this issue, we can help you see the exact reason why the connections take a long time. You are most welcome to visit our live chat so we can connect to one such computer and check the issue.

"Having multiple administrators use the same Session ID would be also a nice feature."
Since the session code (Session ID) contains a lot of important information about the session, each session code is unique. However, you are able to invite other operators into the session by using the 'Invite operator' option: https://help.islonline.com/37390/166673#invite-operator

Yours sincerely

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 0.0/10

Gary H.

ISLOnline easy to use

Beoordeeld op 31/10/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It allows me to support my customers 24-7 not just Monday-Friday 9-5. It saves site visits and allows me to quickly fix a problem.

Pluspunten

Easy to setup and supports multiple platforms. You can add multi sessions for a fixed fee. Flexible subscription I started off with a price per use with a few customer then upgraded when the I built a larger customer base. Recently I have started to use the Web Conference feature for hosting online demos.

Minpunten

I would prefer a drag and drop to specific folder when transferring files. I would also like remote printing

Antwoord van ISL Online

We are currently working on a new implementation of file transfer which will improve the file transfer functionality.

For the remote printing functionality, please check the following ticket on how to do this with ISL Light: https://help.islonline.com/56320/374642

Domen Vidmar, ISL Online Team

Marko Z.
Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging
Vertalen met Google

Easy to use, great to work with

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 13/11/2019

Pluspunten

In 20 years in IT I have tested a lot of remote support applications. But I found that ISL Light is the best of them to use and recomend. Also customers find it easy to run and recive support from our team.

Minpunten

The only option I miss is SMS notification with support code so it would be able to connect one-time later if you dont want to install ISL always on.

Werner V.
Sector: Computernetwerken

ISL Remote for optimal Network support

Beoordeeld op 25/11/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We use ISL for several years already and the overall benefits of this product makes that we continue to use it. Even on a Phone or Tablet we can remote access the connected systems.

Pluspunten

The ease of use makes it perfect for daily use. It works perfect even when we are logged in to multiple systems without any loss of speed.

Minpunten

It would be better is we had an automatic way to create a report, of even a quick report of the system.

Leonardo R.

Easy client assistance

Beoordeeld op 3/11/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It is very simple to use, both with direct invite or from mails. Also the transfer mode between operators it is simple

Pluspunten

easy to use and implement in our support interface

Minpunten

we are using this platform for assistance from a lot of years and we find this suite very stable and compatible with all the customer platform.
Also ISL always on is very important were we don't need to expose one server in RDP mode.
We suggest to test and buy these produts

Mauricio C.

ISN and ISL

Beoordeeld op 18/12/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It is the perfect tool to establish a remote connection with users and prospects. It is our right hand.

Pluspunten

Ease of use and connection always constant

Minpunten

It has no disadvantages. It has everything that is needed for a good job.

Tommy andre B.
Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging

Happy customer

Beoordeeld op 1/11/2019

Good company and reliable products I can recommend it and haw used it sins 2010

Pluspunten

It's working with my customers and has everything I need

Minpunten

It's working on both platforms windows Mac

Nigel S.

Use ISL Remote Desktop to perform Remote Support

Beoordeeld op 3/7/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We have been using ISL for around 5 years, and it is the mainstay of our ability to provide remote support to our clients. We have also been able to allow users to access their own computer when working away from their desk using some of the tools provided by ISL, which makes the product a hit with our clients as well.

Pluspunten

The ability to group users together, to easily assign who on our support team can access which computers, and the ease of transferring files from ourselves onto the remote computer. And perhaps the greatest value is that we can set up the various parameters in a command line executable, so we don't need to set them up by hand every time.

Minpunten

It can sometimes take a few minutes between the user providing access and it appearing as an available remote system on our console

Mark L.

Great Value Remote Support Software

Beoordeeld op 14/2/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I used to use LogMeIn and was approached by ISL to try out there product initially I said no then the price of the other product had its third increase in twelve months which made it too expensive. Since then I haven't looked back, I can connect to my clients quickly and securely and provide the type of service my clients expect as if I was there in person. I must use the software three to four times a day on average and now most of my support work is done remotely saving journey time and fuel cost. It's made me more efficient.

Pluspunten

ISLOnline has all the features of it's competitors but at a more competitive price. The software is continually being developed and improved and can be branded to suit your company needs. It supports remote connections to multi platform and devices and has a chat platform for you to converse with your customers which can be added to your website. Technical support is first class and they are extremely helpful when you first begin using the software. You get an evelauation period to trial the fully featured software and this can be extended if needs be so you can be sure. Did I mention the price?

Minpunten

I would like to see some improvements in the Remote support logging page as I use this to generate invoicing information and it takes an export of the log and some reformatting to get it in the state I need.

thank you for your review!

We are currently developing some new features for the reports page, which will soon show the name of the computer in the list aswell, making it easier to see which computer you were connected to in a particular session.

If you have any requests which you would like to see added to the reports page (or to ISL products in general) please send us an email to [email protected] or visit our live chat on our website www.islonline.com!

Christian H.
Sector: Computerhardware

Fast and not bloated

Beoordeeld op 11/10/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Remote management of external PC players for digital signage software for 500 players at different locations.
A key success factor in delivering our service.

Pluspunten

Fast and reliable software for controlling remote computers. All functions you would expect like file transfer, keyboard shortcuts, focus on quality or speed. Web interface, PC client and Android client for remote management. You could help your customers even when gone shopping with the wife!
Firewall friendly.

Minpunten

Last time I've checked it does not offer support for taking control of android units.

Antwoord van ISL Online

We offer remote control for Samsung, Cyrus and rooted Android devices. With other devices, remote viewing is possible.

Domen Vidmar, ISL Online Team

François D.

Using ISlRemote daily

Beoordeeld op 21/12/2019

Pluspunten

Very easy to use, simple to install, easy to remotely control a new computer using "invite". Isl light is also available for installation on remote computer for unattended control and on local computer so you don't have to login on a web page but juste start a local software.

Minpunten

Only information available is a complete description about the remote computer (CPU, ram, processes and so on) and lats connection time. Impossible to know how many time spend remotely by computer or by group on a period of time. Impossible to know wich computer have been accessed last month. Impossible to share a session like with TeamViewer ou AnyDesk. An the local app crashes after a while.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 6.0/10

Javier C.

Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 27/8/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We give remote assistance and it is essential that it works well, especially reboots

Always works correctly.
We can almost always connect with customers.

Minpunten

The time it takes to connect could be improved

Antwoord van ISL Online

Javier, thank you for your review. The time it takes to connect can depend on a number of reasons. If connecting takes a long time, this could indicate a network issue. If possible, we invite you to visit our live chat so we can check the connection speed and improve your experience.

Stef M.
Vertalen met Google

Great product and great support (lot's of extras)

Beoordeeld op 20/2/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Remote support to users on Windows platform. Users are working on different version of Windows (like: 7, 8, 10 and some server editions too).

Pluspunten

Most important of course is that ISL Light delivers the goods when it's about remote support. I've looked at multiple other products (after deciding to leave Teamviewer) to find a solution that fits my requirements. One of them is remote support to individual Windows users on a virtual Windows Server. ISL Always On basically is the only product that could do this easily. Also many other products have different products (or subscriptions) for attended and unattended support. With ISL you get ISL Light (attended) and ISL Always On (unattended) and all for a very good price.

Minpunten

You only get one concurrent session with each licence. This might be just not as flexible as you would like. You can however add an option to allow multi-sessions. You have to pay a little extra though.
It would be nice to have a list of users that previously asked for support so you don't need a sessioncode to get connected. Than again it might be more secure this way.

Johan V.
Sector: Computernetwerken
Vertalen met Google

ISL is a proper tool for IT professionals / consultants to support their clients

Beoordeeld op 30/1/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We actually resell the product besides using it for ourselves.
I still believe its a good piece of software, support is good and the dutch distributor DCC is very friendly and gained a lot of knowledge about the products of ISL. Way better product then Teamviewer although i keep on waiting for a better experience with mac.....

Pluspunten

To be able to log in remotely without manual inteference from the client.

Support reacts with knowledge and content. (no auto-message nonsense)

The mobile app to give emergency support from a tablet/phone

Minpunten

With mac clients there is no easy way to run the software from the desktop with an icon.

Your client needs to download the software, run it and give consent, accept a securitywarning etc.. before you can actually take control of the remote PC / Mac

thank you for your review!

I'm sorry to hear the experience with ISL software on a Mac computer is proving to be difficult.

I have raised this issue with our team and we will look into ways of improving this functionality.

Let me know if you will have any further questions or issues!

Jandirk V.
Vertalen met Google

Excelent product for remote support

Beoordeeld op 22/10/2019

Pluspunten

I like the Cost- and the ease of use of this tool.
I started with using the prepaid version and later on used the subscription, the change to the latter product was seamless, Excellent.

Minpunten

I could not find a way to create useage reports, to be able to easily create the bills to my endcustomers for the support they got

Stuart S.

Excellent Product

Beoordeeld op 3/9/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Having tried many other remote products finding one that has all the features I required and delivering them at such a competitive price was a natural winner for me.

Pluspunten

Ease of use, easy to manage and deploy, being able to respond to any situation on any device to any device in a timely manner is awesome.

Minpunten

nothing, the product is excellent, some minor wishes for the mobile app but nothing seriously upsetting

Paul T.
Sector: Bouw

Remote Desktop Software

Beoordeeld op 17/10/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Business efficiency and backup was the main aim which has been achieved.

Using ISL Light to

1. Assist with remote junior members of staff when they have issues with software. Thereby explain and/or giving training to allow them to complete tasks.
2. Accessing remote unmanned computers to obtain data integrity and backup as and when required.

Minpunten

Web Conference can only be accessed via the web portal. Also the screen appears to be too small and is only practical if you have two screens.

Olivier P.
Sector: Professionele training en coaching

ISL ONE

Beoordeeld op 13/8/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We use ISL ONLINE to help our clients remotely after they have installed our virtual reality training exercices. Thanks to ISL ONLINE they can contact use directly thru our website which makes our support very professional.

Pluspunten

Very easy to deploy and to use. On top of that it does offer not only remote control within the same tool , for the same price, but also online chat which is very useful for us.

Minpunten

There is no real cons with ISL ONLINE. We have been very satisfied by both the product and the support provided.

Geverifieerde reviewer
Vertalen met Google

it does what it is designed for

Beoordeeld op 30/1/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We gladly help the customer as quickly as possible by watching them, and so solve their problems immediately and quickly.
No matter what internet connection they have, or how fast the PC is.
We have found a solution in ISL that can be started easily and quickly also by less useful users.
We have been working for years with ISL (on-prem) and had never problems with it.

Pluspunten

quick, simple, it does what it has to do.
picking up after restarting, logging off / logging in works very well

Minpunten

The only thing we missed in ISL Light is the option to disable using keyboard or mouse on the client side. Really super frustrating when people want to click themselves.

thank you for your review!

We have a feature request ticket open for this functionality, the ID for this ticket is REQ-234. I have added a comment to this ticket, raising it's priority for development!

Thank you for your suggestion!

Reginald V.
Sector: Industriële automatisering
Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
Vertalen met Google

Perfect tool for our customer support !

Beoordeeld op 21/2/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Also the easy way to use it on devices with (many) other OS platforms is for us a big PLUS !
The customatisation (f.e. with our LOGO + Technician Name) of the interface is a nice AND easy thing, together with the selfstarting video-recording is a great advantage. In this way we can please our customers -on a simple demand- with a video so they can replay the session and see what was done / altered to their system/device settings later-on when the stressed situation is all over.

Pluspunten

The auto-reconnect function in a remote session, after a remote (network-) reboot was done, is for us one of the major reasons to choose for ISL online !

We've been using this for some years now and will stay to do so !

Minpunten

No real contras encountered so far …
We found a bug once, reported it to ISL; they loocked into it in a live session with us, and things got solved , so ... that's what counts !

Yves L.

Happy with ISL Online

Beoordeeld op 14/2/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Happy, affordable, does the job and only that job (remote access).
Convenient. All I want is something that gets the job done and this qualifies.

Pluspunten

Inexpensive compared to the competition. We were using logmein Rescue at the time and when they changed their pricing policies and started jacking up prices, we started shopping around for other solutions.
ISL Online does the job well. We use ISL to service our clients who run our Email Security platform for troubleshooting purposes and so far we've never had any outages or issues with this remote access tool.
Have been using it for over 5 years.

Minpunten

It's not as "Snappy" as Logmein Rescue but you can't have everything.
However have tried other emergency remote access tools and they are pretty similar in terms of responsiveness.

Dave H.

Reliability Every Time

Beoordeeld op 10/8/2019

Pluspunten

Cross platform connection to provide remote support, easily, quickly and reliably every time we need it. Always on option out performs other remote support options and offers good value for money.

Minpunten

It's difficult to think of many if any Cons for ISL.