Google Data Studio

Tool voor interactieve dashboardrapportage en gegevensvisualisatie

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Neels
Neels

Amazing Value At No Cost

Beoordeeld op 5/8/2022

Before DataStudio I had to prepare dashboards and reports in spreadsheets and documents and compile the raw data into reports in a manual way.
I saved a tremendous amount of time by setting up the data flows and report/dashboard structures once in DataStudio and then just scheduling regular reports to go out automatically

Pluspunten

The most impactful features of DataStudio are the wide range of visualizations you have access to in order to present your data in the most engaging and insightful way. Coupled with the wide range of data connectors that are available natively and also third-party connectors, which expands the scope widely.
Once you have understood the overall way of working, the tool is very easy to use. There are lots of training videos available and lots of support available over the internet, in case you get stuck.
Integration into my business practises was easy because of the flexibility in data input sources. If a specific connector does not exist, then you can always fall back on file imports.

Minpunten

The most important missing feature for me personally is a native (free) data connector to Facebook Ads. One has free access to all the Google platforms and I have a constant struggle to get a decent data connector to Facebook ad platform data.
One improvement that I suggest is to add the functionality to do processing on calculated fields to do for instance 7-day moving average calculations on the platform itself. Now I have to do those calculations on a Google Sheet first and then import the results into the DataStudo reports. Or even make that a built-in function?

Mike

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

If you want data in Dashboard from all the Google tools and many others then GDS is for you

Beoordeeld op 20/12/2022

Overall, my experience with Google Data Studio has been phenomenal. I'm able to easily manage and visualize all my data in one place. It's incredibly user friendly, and I'm able to customize my dashboards for different projects. The reporting capabilities are really helpful and allow me to quickly access insights that would take much longer with manual methods. Plus, the integration with other Google products makes it simple to create a comprehensive view of everything. Highly recommended!

Pluspunten

I really like Google Data Studio as a long time user. It's really easy to use and it has an intuitive interface. I love that it integrates with other data sources like BigQuery, Google Ads, and Google Analytics so I can easily visualize my data in one place. The drag and drop feature makes it simple for me to customize my reports and dashboards however I want. Plus, the ability to collaborate with others on the same report is incredibly helpful.

Minpunten

I found the interface to be confusing and not very intuitive. It was difficult to figure out how to use the platform without taking some time to watch the tutorials. I also found it difficult to customize visualizations and create reports that were easy to understand. Overall, I found using Google Data Studio challenging, and would have preferred a more user-friendly experience.But for the price "FREE" and plenty of video's and ready to use templates this tool still wins for me.

Andrew
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Data Studio Review

Beoordeeld op 8/2/2021

Overall, my experience with Data Studio has been mixed. The learning curve is definitely steep and it is not the easiest tool in terms of collaboration compared to other options on the market. Importing data can often be a pain and it is sometimes quite difficult to set up connections to refresh data sources, which makes reporting more manual and time-consuming than it should be.

Pluspunten

Data Studio is an extremely powerful tool for reporting and has allowed our team to share out extremely in-depth reports with our clients. It's suite of features is vast and allows our teams to provide highly valued insights into data we previously never had access to. The software is extremely flexible when it comes to customization to fit the needs of our client on a case-by-case basis, which is extremely important since each client has different preferences, nuances, and objectives and Data Studio makes that customization super simple.

Minpunten

Since Data Studio has so many in-depth reporting features, the software itself can be confusing to adapt to and the learning curve for reporting is quite steep if you have no prior experience. It took our team a long time to learn and adapt the software and collaboration on one report was often difficult, which resulted in one member being delegated to handle reporting responsibilities. It would be nice if the Data Studio was able to incorporate task management and campaign tracking alongside its powerful reporting abilities; I think that would really push Data Studio above the competition from software such as Domo and Tableau.

Domo en Tableau

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

We chose Data Studio for its pricing options and our ability to integrate easily with our client partners.
Luis
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

Data Studio for a Data Engineer

Beoordeeld op 6/9/2022

I currently work in the area of data engineering, and it helps me a lot, we do analyses, we do QA of the applications, the integration with firebase, bigquery and analytics is great, so we can build processes that validate our data, and detect any anomaly in time

Pluspunten

I love the integration with bigquery, as I already mentioned our data warehouse is there, we can build dashboards, reports, corrections, validations in minutes

Minpunten

it has a limited number of graphs, and deploying it is quite slow, also share it, I would like there to be more possibilities to filter by data

Qlik Sense en Tableau

Redenen om voor Google Data Studio te kiezen

when I made that change, using tableau, I felt in the 80`s, a software with old interfaces

Tableau

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

they are quite expensive and their connectors are very limited
Brent
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Reporting that is powerful enough for most, and affordable for all

Beoordeeld op 7/6/2022

Data Studio has really improved over the last year or two. It's much more stable than it used to be, and is more in depth. As a small agency, I haven't found much that is missing.

Outside of setting up integrations and data sources and then creating the dashboard connections, the rest is fairly simple to set up. Customizing a dashboard is easy, and sorting data is easy once you do a couple and learn the dimensions of how data is displayed.

Having a free dashboard and reporting tool that integrates directly with other Google products is awesome.

Pluspunten

I love that it's a tool directly from the same company where I get most of my data already. I use Google Analytics and Google Ads heavily in my business, so it's awesome to have a data analysis and reporting tool that has stable connections to both of these. Being able to integrate both, and other integrations into the same dashboard is a big plus.

And the depth of features has really gotten pretty large over the last couple of years. Unless you need extremely advanced calculations and reporting, Data Studio will probably suit your needs. The ability to sort your data and fine-tune exactly how metrics are displayed is cool.

It doesn't hurt that Data Studio is free! These kinds of tools are often very expensive, but Data Studio allows smaller studios like mine to get in the game for little to no investment.

Minpunten

It's a bit of a pain to get set up, and to fully integrate. The documentation, while large, is not easy to follow in my opinion.

Adding a data source and then creating a dashboard using a specific source can be a little hit and miss. It shouldn't take 3 or 4 screens of options to tell my dashboard that I want to get data from a specific source. Once you get past it, it's fine. But setting up a new dashboard, and organizing dashboards, is cumbersome.

Zoho Analytics

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

Data Studio is free. Zoho Analytics is more robust overall, but also comes with a higher cost, and a higher learning curve.
Ben
  • Sector: Biotechnologie

User Friendly Data Dashboards

Beoordeeld op 14/1/2020

A big fan! It's missing a few features, and I've noticed a few bugs here and there. But all the bugs I've ran into have been manageable with easy workarounds. But this is a FREE platform and it have more key features than a majority of these paid data platforms.

Pluspunten

Extremely user friendly. Setting up the dashboards was simple. You have control over almost every detail, including the layout and design. This is unlike many data platforms I've used in the past. ALMOST everything is totally customizable. This brings in all your Google/Youtube data automatically (including Google Sheets/docs). It also lets your bring in images, links, and other assets. You can change the data range filter easily for all metrics. The dashboard also is easily shareable to all team members and you can export the dashboard to a PDF.

Minpunten

The connectivity to other platforms is disappointing. In order to automatically bring in your social media data or data from other sources (such as digital advertising or 1st party ecommerce data) you need to purchase a "connector". However, there are ways around this if you export your data from your other sources and just put this in a Google Sheet and connect that sheet to your Google Data Studio.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Powerful reporting tool in the right hands.

Beoordeeld op 13/10/2020

Seeing many data sources in a single view with multiple date ranges and comparisons.

Pluspunten

I would recommend every business used this, from small to large. The ability to combine and view google analytics, google ads and search console data is fantastic and gives you great insights into your business performance. There are also lots of templates available online to get you started for no cost.

Minpunten

The customisation has to come from someone with a fair bit of knowledge of the product when sharing with others. In the majority of times people will have to only have a view of the report and they won't really be able to amend or see other data within it. It is also a little slow when doing lots of data and changing the views.

Looker, Tableau en Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

Value for money and connections into other google data systems.
Anastasios
  • Sector: Research

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great tool for reporting and dashboards

Beoordeeld op 4/1/2023

Great product for live dashboards. Great functionality and connectivity! Definitely recommended.

Pluspunten

Great range of data source to connect to your dashboard! The filter functionality is good. Customised and great range of graphs. Easy to merge different data sources. It is a real live dashboard and you can modify the refresh rate of the data harvesting.

Minpunten

A bit slow and requires a very good graphics card in your computer to run smoothly, especially when you plan to build a multipage dashboard. Missing some more advanced graphs. Learning curve might be a bit steep in the beginning.

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

We use different tools for different purposes
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Dashboards for your clients

Beoordeeld op 19/7/2022

We were using custom reporting forms for our client work but struggled with the currentness of data and new colleagues always needed a lesson or two in understanding where to get data from, how to clean it and how to import it.
Once we started to setup GDS all these things went away. The initial period was the setup of the connectors and report templates, but after that the invested time payed off well.

Pluspunten

Creating reports can be a task which requires a lot of steps and gathering of data from all sort of sources in different formats. Putting the data together in a way that is understadable for client or basically anyone else is a task where Google Data Studio comes in and does just that. Without any hassle - data gets inside the studio and can be vizualised, cross-referenced and presented to anyone without technical knowledge.

Minpunten

Sometimes you need a special data from an exotic service which means either going back to basics and side-loading some exported data or writing own connector or buying access to a connector. And the system can get slow.

Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

We used a proprietary reporting solution which was hard to maintain.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great tool to have all your KPIs for the company

Beoordeeld op 5/5/2022

Pluspunten

Simple to use as and end user and (mostly) simple to set up.

Minpunten

If you dont have the proper knowledge it might be a difficult task.

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

It was cheaper and most of our info came from google anyways.
Natalia
  • Sector: Voedselproductie

Our experience using GDS

Beoordeeld op 6/10/2021

We have a lot of employees, and we cannot give them all payed users of a software to visualize our indicators and processes results. When we test the software for the first time, we cannot imagine all the possibilities for free that we had in front of us. We had a very fast learning curve, and it was only a matter of months before various departments were already implementing their own dashboards. We love that we can edit several people on the same dashboard without problems.

Pluspunten

To have a tool that give to you the opportunity to develop a complete dashboard is amazing, and the fact that that tool is free, is awesome.
I really enjoy that GDS is really easy to use, I learn by myself and seeking videos on the internet. It is a very intuitive application, so you might not know anything about data visualization and you could still use it without problem.
I really like that the Google apps have very similar edit pages, so if you have ever used Google Forms, you are going to find GDS very familiar.

Minpunten

I find this software very useful, but there is one thing that I want they to improve, if there is the possibility. The connection with Microsoft Office, for example: Microsoft Excel. If you want to make a dashboard on GDS, you have to pass your data to google sheets, and you lost a lot of features that Excel gives to you. There is a way to do it by using python, but, if you want to preserve the fact that this software is really easy to use, so, it is not a solution to this problem.

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

We are using both of them, but we choose Data Studio becaus eit is userfriendly, it is very intuitive, and it is free.
Noam

A Comprehensive Review of Google Data Studio

Beoordeeld op 24/1/2023

Overall, I am very pleased with Google Data Studio. It is an excellent data analysis and visualization tool that is easy to use and provides powerful features.

Pluspunten

Google Data Studio is an intuitive and powerful tool for data analysis and visualization. It is easy to use, even for those who are unfamiliar with data analysis. It allows you to quickly create beautiful and informative charts, diagrams, and maps to help you better understand your data.

Minpunten

One downside of Google Data Studio is that it can be quite complex and difficult to use for more advanced data analysis. It also lacks some features that are available in other data analysis tools.

Timmy
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Build web dashboards and interfaces for internal or external use with professionalism and ease.

Beoordeeld op 19/4/2021

Making a dashboard for our team to use internally was so fun and intuitive, we developed a customer-facing dashboard that allows users to make exciting visualizations of their data. This has led to a broader "understanding," as well as more engagement in this project from users and developers alike.

Pluspunten

I loved the fact that there are templates for interactive web page dashboards that help shortcut visualizations and common display formats for data. Other websites either lock you into a boring template or expect users/devs to reinvent the wheel. This allowed me to build momentum quickly.

Minpunten

I was not a fan of the additional charges for data connecters. Data from large social media sites or professional websites is often stuck behind a paywall, which is a bit aggravating.

JS
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

BEST Data Visualization Tool

Beoordeeld op 13/7/2021

Data Studio is an incredible tool! It is intuitive to use and I prefer it to other data visualization software on the market.

Pluspunten

Data Studio integrates seamlessly into the Google App Suite which happen to integrate with most platforms itself.

Minpunten

A lot of the data connection functionality comes from apps that have premium features that you have to pay for.

Redenen om voor Google Data Studio te kiezen

We opted to use Google for our business software needs and Data Studio integrates seamlessly.

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

Google has built products that integrate across nearly all platforms. Having a data tool built on Google's universality makes it easy to build an actual dashboard instead of focusing on the data itself.
Sasamka
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Data Studio is awesome

Beoordeeld op 3/6/2020

Data Studio is an awesome tool to visualize your data
We can get easy and reliable insights quickly...

Data Studio is an awesome tool to visualize your data
We can get easy and reliable insights quickly on the Big data that we currently have in BigQuery
We are able to make insightful decisions based on data because of Data Studio

Ability to integrate with Big Query
Different charts that are available
ability to customize based on dates

Not user friendly initially
has a learning curve to get used to all the awesome features

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Very powerfull tool for reporting & dashboards: does its job

Beoordeeld op 31/7/2023

I Like and recommend Google Data Studio for live dashboards and easy to set and easy to use.

Pluspunten

Google Data Studio provides a great option for creating dashboards: basic and advanced data.Connection to wide range sources (Google Analytics / Google Analytics 360, Google Sheets etc).Easy to use.

Minpunten

From time to time its a bit slow.Complex connection of less widespread systems, and it is therefore necessary to either buy an external connector or deal with a backbreaking connection.

Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

Free to use and easier to setup.
Shahzad
Shahzad

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Google Data Studio is great BI Tool only if you're looking for Free

Beoordeeld op 9/6/2022

If you're main motive of this tool is to create Dashboards and visualize the data and don't want to spend anything extra with few marketing channels then this is a Good fit for you as it does everything but like Every Free tools has it own limitation and the One Limitation is that you are bound to make purchase of the connector if you want to capture the data from Marketing Channels other than Google.

Pluspunten

- Easy to use along with Live Updates of the Metrics from multiple marketing channels which makes the only BI tool to do so. There are other Paid Tools available but they don't provide live updates in metrics.
- Their Easy to Add Custom Calculated Dimensions & Metrics with easy formulas make it easier to work on for a Newbie

Minpunten

- Their UI/UX is not that responsive and users faces issues when using Data Studio which sometime leads to unwanted changes in the Reporting.
- Free Connectors are only available for Google Products only and if you want to use or capture other channel data you need to make purchase of the Connectors.
- You can only make One Sided relationships between multiple data sets which is a major disadvantage.

Santosh

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Can't do without data syudio if you are an agency

Beoordeeld op 13/2/2022

Love it - pros outweigh the minor cons in a big way. Would recommend it for all digital agencies.

Pluspunten

Part of doing good quality agency work in the digital marketing realm is taking your clients on a journey and keeping them up to date with their campaigns and digital performance. Data Studio helps integrate data from their search and social accounts in really visual dashboards. We cannot imagine our agency to function without these dashboards that take data in from Search Console, Facebook, Moz, Analytics, Google Ads, SEM Rush - you name it!

Minpunten

Sometimes third part integration with Supermetrics etc. can cause connectors to break randomly. Data fields being deprecated without notice also causes reports to break which is less than ideal. Finally, when you duplicate a report, the data sources are copied over which is a HUGE issue! So be careful there!

• Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A free and excellent visual data tool

Beoordeeld op 26/4/2022

Overall, it's fairly easy to manipulate dashboards and see specific data. When building dashboards from scratch, it can be a bit time consuming, especially when first getting started. I've found that finding templates and copying how data is pulled makes setting up new dashboards much faster.

Pluspunten

Besides the FREE price point, it's fairly easy to get started using pre-made data templates. Templates are customizable or you can build your own dashboards to filter and see the exact information you'd like. It connects natively with all of Google's products (Analytics, BigQuery, Optimize, Ads, Sheets) making it easy to get data from multiple sources.

Minpunten

Dashboards can sometimes be slow to load since data is pulled in real-time. If you're new to DS, it can take some searching to get the data into the dashboard that you want. Once you understand where and how to find things, it's fairly simple to build off of that.

James
James

Unified data visualization platform

Beoordeeld op 7/8/2023

Google Data Studio has enabled my team to innovate and discover most beneficial analytics for managing data. There is more growth on sales with positive ROI. This is great product that I could totally recommend to other business enterprises.

Pluspunten

The data visualization interface provides powerful data analytics that helps in planning and decision-making. Integration with other data management applications was quick and productive. Customer data insights from our websites helps us to plan and execute reliable marketing programs.

Minpunten

The learning curve gave me few challenges after first set up process. The production capacity has been positive.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Fantastic tool for both beginners and professionals

Beoordeeld op 26/4/2022

I love how dynamic is the development process of GDS, how many new features are added each month.

Pluspunten

It's the easiest and the most affordable data visualization tool on the market. It's quite easy to learn, just enough to jump in and create your first dashboards in a short time. Despite that, it's used by professionals in many corporate companies to visualize data and create interactive dashboards - so why not use it?

Minpunten

There are things that are hard to accomplish in Data Studio, like specific types of charts; some of them are confusing, like data blending; and some of them are limited, like free connectors.

Ondřej

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Visualize your data in any way!

Beoordeeld op 10/3/2022

Pluspunten

Once you upload any data to GDS it is really fun to explore and make dashboards that can help you in any way. We have connected our internal system to Google Data Studio and visualising graphs and tables is very easy to do. Use custom dimensions and metrics, also lots of adjusments for dashboards.

You can easily make a dashboard within an our that can save you and your team a lot of time and money. Automatic reporting trough gmail is also a cool feature that we use

Minpunten

Sometimes Google Data Studio struggles with large XML files and loading can take some time.

Camila

Fulfills the purpose

Beoordeeld op 7/3/2023

Pluspunten

I see that it is a tool that fulfills what it proposes to do, it allows very easy integrations, it is easy to manage and organize data, it allows the visualization of dashboards and the management of sharing is easy.

Minpunten

In terms of building dashboards, it could have more features that would allow customizing dashboards for a more visual build. I feel that there are still few resources for this front.

Nathan
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

Getting there

Beoordeeld op 19/8/2021

Really easy to extrapolate data from all marketing channels to visualise ROI.

Really easy to extrapolate data from all marketing channels to visualise ROI.

Pluspunten

Some data sources are really easy to integrate. The pre-existing data format templates are extremely useful.

Minpunten

Had a nightmare trying to integrate with a standard SQL database due to the sheer number of IP addresses used to connect to your data. The system we used had no easy way to wildcard multiple IPs

Adobe Analytics

Pricing and support
Barış
  • Sector: E-learning

Report your Data with GDS

Beoordeeld op 28/5/2022

I make presentations by processing and visualizing the data I obtained through Google analytics.

Pluspunten

An easy to use application. You can edit your KPIs and visualizations as you wish. Very effective and price performance product

Minpunten

There isn't any feature that I don't like. Users will see it when they start using it.