OptiSigns

OptiSigns

Digitale displayborden voor content, promoties en marketing

4,5 /5 (149 review)
Sector: Publiceren

Great way to use an Amazon Fire Stick to control monitors

Beoordeeld op 25/9/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall I think the experience has been good with a few bumps. We have an admin for every dept, so we've all had to learn the program.

Pluspunten

I like that the program uses the Amazon Fire Stick with the TVs we use in the office as monitors. I can see how this could be especially helpful for businesses to create customized menus that can change regularly.

Minpunten

It took me a while to figure out the set up and configure each monitor. There has been some things I haven't been able to figure out yet, but they may be related to issues on our end. I wish that when you linked a gif, it would expand to fill the monitor, right now it shows in a tile on the center. I've also had some issues with adding Youtube videos where the page with the video comes up but doesn't play the video, and then another video will work.

Hi Layne,

Thank you for your review!
You can stretch the GIF images by select "Stretch" option when you assign the GIF to the screen, or in the Playlist's option.

Thank you!

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 7.0/10

Jeff G.
Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Exceptional Value

Beoordeeld op 14/2/2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We have two screens in our office and want to have a good mix of organic content (that we create) and other content we pull from our social sites, weather feeds and news channels.

Pluspunten

The whole platform is priced really well for a small business. It was easy to set up the hardware player, I used the Amazon Fire stick they have very good instructions on the OptSigns website as to how to configure it properly. Uploading assets and creating the playlist was also super easy.

Minpunten

Nothing that I can think of - the whole UX has been great to date.

Denise S.
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Best low-cost digital signage platform

Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 6/4/2020

I love it.

Pluspunten

Easy user interface. I love the face that additional features have been added since first purchase such as the online editor.

Minpunten

Its a little tricky to deal with outages at the store. Sometimes the display is off. We are using the automated electric switch to help with issues.

Benoit M.
Sector: Detailhandel
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Still geeking, with a better UI.

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It's all about giving to the customer of retail in the right context at the right time. I can now say if there's a one day special without printing stuff ... or get people throught the door easily.

Pluspunten

I don't have to setup too much stuff now. It's all about pushing content and make it happen. That's is just perfect. There's some integration that I'm sure I'll use.

Minpunten

We can sense how it's based on technicality. For example, it's nearly impossible for most of my marketing staff to understand the pourcentage to create zones. The naming (assets), the flow ... is fundamentaly a UI on top of code.

So that mean, I can't transfert this task to someone else without a training. And this, mean that the digital sign will not be updated as frequently.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 8.0/10

John L.
Sector: Entertainment

Excellent Solution

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We have implented OptiSigns to power about 30 digital displays in our multi-disciplinary performing arts venue which is visited by approximately 150,000 guests annually. These displays are used for wayfinding, concessions/bar menus, box office signage, marketing assets, and even projection.

Our team of staff has been thrilled with OptiSigns and its ease of use vs. our previous system. In particular, the Notice Board app is incredibly useful for quick and professional deployment of content including messages like "OPAC welcomes Mr. John Doe" for day time meetings with donors. Our previous software for digital signage had only the most basic of notice board functionality.

Pluspunten

OptiSigns is HALF the cost of our previous software per screen/per month. As a non-profit, we work hard to use cost-effective solutions.

The feature set of OptiSigns is far greater than our previous system and after reviewing our options, it appears much more powerful than other solutions.

The deployment using Amazon Fire Sticks is absurdly easy. The affordability and availability of Fire Sticks also makes it super quick and easy to add additional screens.

OptiSigns does not charge for additional users. This is super helpful for a non-profit as we can empower our part-time staff to update our digital signage as needed. Other software options can charge up to $15 per user per month in addition to the per screen charge!

The folder management tool is awesome! It is very easy for each one of our departments to organize assets and keep things clean.

Minpunten

This is really more of a wishlist rather than cons

Presets - We would love the ability to have mass presets that could be deployed quickly. For example, a preset would deploy different "Post-show" content to all screens for display as audiences leave. Likewise, "intermission" specific content could be deployed to different screens.

Chromebox - I would like to see better integration for Chromebox devices in kiosk mode.

Bryan R.
Sector: Marketing en reclame
Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Works well for Small Business

Beoordeeld op 22/11/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I am able to update Optisigns from any computer where I can login to my account whether it is from home on a Sunday night or 9am weekday at work.

Pluspunten

I switched from a more expensive and cumbersome digital signage company. I run YouTube blooper videos mixed with slides of products to up-sell at a local restaurant.
It does what is says it does. Makes any TV a digital sign. Easy to set up (I used a firestick on 2 TVs).
I run continuously 24/7.
I am very pleased. I hope to contribute user experience to the support team to improve the features.

Minpunten

When you have a long playlist, it is not visually easy to find the items you want to swap out or change.
It would be nice to import one asset and use it multiple times in a playlist, without importing it each time.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 8.0/10

Mark G.
Sector: Openbare veiligheid

Outstanding Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 10/3/2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We are using OptiSigns to present dashboards of our metrics and training videos to our personnel.

Pluspunten

The flexibility is outstanding both from a software and a hardware standpoint. The customer support is also outstanding and super responsive. I had a problem late in the evening and received an email almost immediately. The problem was corrected and I was up and running again.

Minpunten

It has a little bit of a learning curve to it but there is plenty of documentation to help.

Andrew G.
Sector: Bouw

Optisigns lags behind competition

Beoordeeld op 1/10/2019

-cloud based management
-customer support team is responsive and helpful
-fire stick is easy to source and cheap

Minpunten

-cannot manage content effectively: need ability to group players
-very simplistic: no ability for custom widgets; no integration with RSS feeds, Tableau, or Power BI
-in net present value terms, Optisigns was our companies 3rd option

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 0.0/10

Mark P.
Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging
Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

My Opinion

Beoordeeld op 25/2/2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Customer support is seriously lacking for a paid service. I was promised a discount with my ongoing commitment with instructions on how to apply for it via email. I followed everything they asked and got NO response and was billed full price. I asked why the discount was not applied and got no response so I canceled the service and then I got a response why I was canceling and what they could do better going forward. I simply replied "honor your agreements" I didn't receive any apologize or any attempt to fix the situation or retain me as a customer. They quite clearly left an impression of "we don't care" whit me. I have since found a better service with another provider.

Pluspunten

Easy for users that are new to digital signage. Has all the basic elements you might need but lacks for advanced features. If you require prompt customer support for your project, you will not find it here.

Minpunten

no online support. very basic, small set of modules that are not customizable. No cancellation option, had to go through web form and email that took several days.

Hi Mark,
Thank you for the feedback.
Any customer can cancel service anytime by reducing subscription to Zero.

As for discount, we looked at the communication records for your account in our system, we did responded and applied give you refund for the discount within 24h of your request.
If you have further concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 0.0/10

Adam S.
Sector: Vastgoed
Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easy to use product!

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

When we first starting using the product we only planned on using it internally but see huge potential in using it to display information to our residents.

Pluspunten

Quick setup and easy to use. We have been looking for a solution to display internal information to our employees in an easy and informative manner and OptiSigns was the perfect solution. We are now looking to expand this to all of our locations as well.

Minpunten

So far the product has been easy to use. A feature that could be improved is the ability to further customize the weather and calendar app.

Devon L.
Sector: Overheidsadministratie
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

The best digital signage software PERIOD

Beoordeeld op 26/11/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We replaced our old 1970's foam bulletin board with OptiSigns and a 50" TV and we never looked back. It has been tremendously more popular than the bulletin board as we are able to convey a greater amount of information to constituents passing through in the hallways. Video functionality is great as well. I showed the free trial to my boss and she was so impressed we subscribed for 3 screens before the trial was up.

Pluspunten

Accepts multiple file types, compatible with cheap media devices (Kindle Fire) for ease of setup, custom slide timers, VIDEO COMPATIBILITY, easy drag-and-drop features, pleasant and simple aesthetic, user functionality, web-based interface (no additional software needed), affordable price for smaller organizations.

Minpunten

Cloud storage could be a little bigger, 1GB is not a lot especially when using videos.

Rafiu A.
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Smooth and simplistic, suitable best reliable digital signage application around.

Beoordeeld op 16/5/2018

Pluspunten

Simple manage digital uploads over multiple screens. The application offers various digital extension uploads for display across multiple digital screens. Capability to manage each individual display via a central hub; permitting users to control upload and display content from none local source. And offers excellent customer support with regards to technical concerns. Issues requiring attention are immediately addressed by chat or phone less 24 hours or reporting. Also, love the time/scheduling feature; allows the user to schedule signage display time/date/source of content, permitting the user to set automation into effect. Finally, enjoyed the built-in capability to design and edit images/videos for upload permitting user creativity.

Minpunten

Price per display I believe could (should) be lowered. Though as a first-time user, you're permitted access to the features, free of no charge for the first 7 days access. This can be a hassle for business owners lacking funds to budget this expense but would like to implement a digital touch to his/her business. Also, not too pleased that the displays relay heavily on internet access. For someone running a business from a mobile setting, this can be costly. The individual would have to invest in additional services such as a mobile hot-spot in order to take advantage of such a useful tool.

James P.
Sector: Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie
Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Performs well but lacks features

Beoordeeld op 28/3/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We are using digital signage as a Bulletin Board for our members. The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an organization for Americans of Irish ancestry. Membership, notices, activities and our event calendar are all displayed on the system. Multiple users, easy of use and content availability were all important issues in picking a digital signage system.

Pluspunten

Optisigns performs as advertised with a very user friendly interface. I was able to get my screen up and running in a matter of 10 minutes. There are some minor issues with some the apps you can add to your signs but nothing to prevent a decent digital sign system.

Minpunten

The biggest weakness is the lack of apps for your screens. In the end, we decided to use ScreenCloud because of the wealth of apps compared to Optisigns. Frankly, the services are almost identical in layout and use. The major exceptions are the greater number of apps with ScreenCloud and the availability of the preview function for apps in ScreenCloud. More apps allows for easier generation of new content for the user and keeps the signs current with less work. Both services need to expand the use of transitions between each piece of content and the appearance of white screens between some apps.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 6.0/10

Jessica W.
Sector: Detailhandel
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Best bang for your buck!

Beoordeeld op 25/6/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

So far, it's been pretty great overall! It does what we need it to do for now and it's the best bang for your buck.

Pluspunten

I love that I can pre-schedule something to play on the TVs and that I can just drag and drop content onto individual TVs. We have multiple locations and multiple TVs per location, and it was pretty easy to label each TV on the back-end.

Minpunten

The back-end side where you get to upload content is a bit confusing (at least to me). I wasn't sure if I needed a schedule, a playlist, or an asset (or a combination of all 3!) and I had to change it on the TV settings as well as the actual playlist itself before it would work.

It's also a bit clunky to have to download a separate app to get the optisigns app to start without having someone turn on the TV, use the fire stick to select the app. It would be great if it could auto-open the OptiSigns app when the TV turns on so we don't need to have multiple remotes out as we have multiple TVs in multiple stores.

Bret B.

Great Product!

Beoordeeld op 5/2/2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Our stores look much better now that we can afford more display screens! We love OptiSigns!

Pluspunten

I have absolutely loved this service since switching from ScreenCloud. I am able to schedule my displays months in advance. Transitions between displayed files is a lovey feature! And at $10 a month per screen Optisigns is the best value around!

Minpunten

I would love a couple more apps and features on the backend. I would love to be able to preview individual files on the Files/Assets Page.

Greg A.
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Incredibly user friendly with plenty of great features

Beoordeeld op 25/2/2020

Pluspunten

For digital signage software, this is very easy to get set up and get everything organized. We have a variety of digital signage that needs to show on specific days of the week, so having everything scheduled before hand saves us loads of time. From there we can easily drop in or remove new signage in a matter of seconds. OptiSigns seems to be putting out new updates regularly, like split screen capabilities and expiration time for specific digital assets. We've been using the software for a few months now and I don't see us needing anything else.

Minpunten

There's not a whole lot I find problematic and if I list anything here, it's me just being nitpicky or it being purely aesthetic. There's nothing that I can see being a problem for anyone if you're looking for reliable digital signage software that's incredibly flexible. If you're not familiar with software like this or its capabilities, there might be a bit of a learning curve.

Erik S.
Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Good product, just not what I was looking for

Anders Gratis proef lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 21/10/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I signed up for a free trial and was able to see quickly that it did not support the features that we needed as an organization. Everything else I had tried to use worked as expected, and was smoother than other products that I've also demoed.

Pluspunten

Simple and easy to use. Very nice interface.

Minpunten

It had very little integrations with other services that our enterprise uses. We were hoping to use it for things like exchange, trello, Five9, and tableau. There are other companies that support these things so just be aware of what you are looking for when shopping around for a digital signage solution. OptiSigns had one of the best interfaces and was very simple to use, so if it has the capabilities that you are looking for I would recommend it.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 5.0/10

Lee N.
Sector: Consumentengoederen
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Good software but could definitely be improved.

Beoordeeld op 26/9/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It does the job well, easy slides on a normal tv screen. It's reliable and doesn't glitch at all. You do need a decent internet connection of course but good that you can make changes remotely​ if only you could preview the playlist on your own computer - then it would​ be better still.

Pluspunten

It's easy to set up. We use an Amazon firestick and the Optisigns app runs smoothly. The social media feeds work well and reliably. We mainly use a Google Slides presentation, which also works well. There are a couple of nice touches, like the ability to import a local weather forecast.

Minpunten

There is no obvious ability to preview the sign on your own computer or in the browser which means you have to refresh through the screen every time you make a change and then sit around watching the screen until you get to the bit you want to change to ensure everything has worked as you intended​ it to. Although​ it was better value than alternatives, it still seems fairly expensive for what it is.

Hi Lee,
Thank you for your review!
We now do have preview feature that you can use directly from the dashboard.
Just click Preview button next to the screen name.
More detail here:

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 7.0/10

Steven K.
Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Great software for new users

Pluspunten

Easy to learn for new users. Especially people new to digital signs. Very straight forward process to setup and use.

Minpunten

Easy link to youtube videos on how to setup and use the software. Visual learners prefer that

Yessenia S.
Sector: Restaurants
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Excellent display signage software!

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 29/10/2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall it is a great cheap digital signage software. I am really satisfied with it.

Pluspunten

It is a really nice display signage program. We have been using it for a while in our business. We just downloaded the app on our amazon firestick and created the slideshow on the computer and it remotely transmits. Creating the slideshows are really easy, and it is simple to understand.

Minpunten

Not really a con, but sometimes connectivity issues can freeze the slide or log you out of the app.

Mike D.
Sector: Groothandel

Easy Digital Signage

Beoordeeld op 18/6/2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My overall experience has been extremely satisfying. I no longer have to upload and modify the playlists of our digital signage. It literally took less than 15 minutes to train our 3 branch admins on creating and modifying the playlists. We just ordered 6 more firesticks and will be bringing them online as soon as they are delivered. If you aren't using Optisigns you should be.

Pluspunten

I was using a free digital signage solution that was a support nightmare. Started looking for a better way and found Optisigns, and I am glad I did. The setup of the Firesticks and publishing my forms and documents could not be any easier. We are getting ready to add 6 more screens in our three locations. We had some issues with getting Instagram and Twitter feeds going. One email to support and issue was resolved very fast.

Minpunten

I can't think of any cons to this software.

Jacovia C.
Sector: Rechtspraktijk

Great Software

Beoordeeld op 5/5/2020

Pluspunten

Easy to use, great price for everything that you get.

Minpunten

No cons so far. I'll let you know if we find anything

Robbie S.
Sector: Religieuze instellingen
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Same functionality as more expensive competitors.

Beoordeeld op 18/2/2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We use this in a busy area of the church building to have announcements of upcoming events, to welcome visitors, and share encouraging words or pictures.

Pluspunten

I love that it uses an Amazon firestick, and I happened to have one I had "retired" because it lagged when streaming videos. I downloaded the app, set it up, and it operates nearly identical to another company I used for a couple years. The web interface was similar enough that I had virtually no learning curve. (the annual fee was between 1/3 and 1/2 the cost of the other company I was using.

Minpunten

I have not had enough problems to warrant any complaints. It is a simple interface. My firestick froze up a couple times, but that wasn't due the app.

Tailor S.
Sector: Schoolleiding

OptiSigns: The solution I have been searching for

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

The set up process takes some getting used to when learning how to create your displays but anytime I ran into an issue or question I was able to do a quick search and there was always a solution on the website. You can tell the company thought through any issues the user would run into.

Pluspunten

This software is very easy to use and also extremely easy to customize. I have been searching for a solution for our lobby tv and it was such a relief to find this option. The integration with the amazon fire stick is also extremely easy to set up.

Minpunten

I honestly cant think of anything. Maybe that the trial version was available longer.

Babak N.
Sector: Marketing en reclame
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Great easy to use Product, amazing team

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

if there was a better way to express how grateful I am to be working with this amazing company I would.

Pluspunten

the best digital signage company I have ever worked with, best price, fast response team and easy to use platform checks all the marks I have for my business.

Minpunten

There is nothing I don't like as they build it to my specifications and that is the best anyone can every ask for.