SpamTitan

4,6 (530)
Schrijf een review!
Anti-spamfilter voor zakelijke e-mail. Essentiële e-mailbeveiliging.

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sorteren op

Benjamin
Benjamin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

SpamTitan has saved me, saved my company time, and has some of the best support people around.

Beoordeeld op 10/7/2018

Just sorting the crap emails automatically that come in saves my company hours in man hours. It's also blocked malicious attachments which is awesome because the weakest part of any security is always the people. This helps with that tremendously

Pluspunten

It's as close to "set it and forget it" as you can come in the IT field. Right out of the box support helped me set everything up in less than 20 minutes, no hardware to worry about, nothing like that. Literally all I have to do is check to see if something was blocked incorrectly once in a while, white list it, and done.

I've been using spam titan for almost a year and in that time we have blocked over 200k spam/malicious emails for a 30 person company before they even hit employee mailboxes. I shut off the service for 48 hours just to make sure it easy legit, it was, and I haven't shut it off again since.

Whitelisting and blacklisting domains and specific emails are super easy.

Support Staff are awesome and go into detail when resolving problems if they were to arise or even if you just have a question. They have always been friendly and curteous and super personable and have been some of the best people to work with in all my years doing IT.

Minpunten

The only thing I feel is missing is the ability for cloud users to create their own key word filter. Don't get me wrong, the spam filter itself is amazing, just a bit more precise control on my end to mark specific phrases or words as spam would be nice.

Being able to see the email body of messages that come in as SPF fails would be helpful at times as many company's we deal with have auto invoicing that fails SPF.

Other than that no issues!

James

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

An excellent spam blocker for the price!

Beoordeeld op 26/7/2022

Its been good, but on initial setup it grabbed a lot of good email and marked it as potential spam. Quarantining calmed down after a bit - we use the service with multi-tenants.

Pluspunten

Setup was fairly easy and the techs took their time to help us understand the install process.

Minpunten

The 30 day storage aspect is weak as is the ability to read contents and once its been delivered there is no resending. The multi-server cluster setup often requiores making sure searches are on both nodes or you may miss what you're looking for!

Terence

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

SpamTitan Experience

Beoordeeld op 5/9/2018

I look forward that the appliance solution can be more stable and features improved. Overall, it is a very good solution and definitely value for money. But the solution inconsistent stability and lack of the above features creates disadvantage for the solution.

The support still needs to improve. The experience with the support is not good as the follow up from the support team is rather poor. Would be good to have a performance survey for the support after each incident. So far, there is no follow up and the incident left open.

Pluspunten

Simple and fast to setup

Minpunten

Somehow the gateway appliance is still not very stable. Experienced:
- History listing suddenly disappears
- Sometimes the application refreshes and hangs
- when click on the details of the quarantined mailbox, the details appeared only after some time
Improvements:
- Our customers are asking if the subject, delivery status can be permanently displayed. Currently if logoff, it must be checked again to display
- No export function for the global whitelist
- RBL listing - when disabled, all the RBL list is removed and has to be added in again upon enable
- Global whitelist should allow multiple addition before saving. Currently only can add one by one

Morten

Great product

Beoordeeld op 1/2/2021

I have been using spamtitan for more than 10 years now.

I have been using spamtitan for more than 10 years now.

Pluspunten

The software are easy to use and efficient

Minpunten

There is a long time between the updates in the software, this is both good and bad.

Mark

Efficient Email Spam Filter

Beoordeeld op 23/3/2020

Blocks everything it needs to from mail, virus's, malware, etc, does its job.

Blocks everything it needs to from mail, virus's, malware, etc, does its job.

Pluspunten

They offer free 30 day trial to test it out. If you have nothing in place currently, you will see that a spam filter is needed. Also say 99.99% rate but found that a bit more spam still sneaks into mailbox but does great job at getting rid of most of it.

Minpunten

There are other hardware pieces and software out there that works better as a spam filter. Barracuda products give way more control and feel the block rate is better as well.

Sergio
  • Sector: Computernetwerken
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

IETS Review

Beoordeeld op 17/11/2020

so far so good, the support people are great at helping out, very knowledgeable

so far so good, the support people are great at helping out, very knowledgeable

Pluspunten

Practical and easy to use, it offers options for the liberal and conservative companies I deal with on a daily basis. This is what I really like about this software.

Minpunten

I would like to see the reporting features work a little more intuitively, it is not really wysiwyg. that i would like to see,

Lyubomir

No headache spam protection

Beoordeeld op 8/7/2019

Pluspunten

I love how easy to use SpamTitan is (coming from a Barracuda Appliance) and it just works at a very reasonable price per mailbox.

Minpunten

UI could be slicker, but honestly if it works great it doesn't have to look great.

Antwoord van TitanHQ

Lyubomir thank you so much for your kind review - the SpamTitan product team will be delighted. They've been working very hard on the product over the last few years.

thanks and continued success,

Beoordeeld op 6/12/2019

This has been a better tool for us compared to our previous provider

This has been a better tool for us compared to our previous provider

Pluspunten

I like the accuracy of blocking/allowing emails. Much less spam gets through from previous software

Minpunten

I wish the cloud version we had allowed individual users to manage their accounts line

Janice
  • Sector: Administratie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Works well

Beoordeeld op 29/7/2019

We have fewer sales emails and most of the spam is filtered properly.

We have fewer sales emails and most of the spam is filtered properly.

Pluspunten

Using the software is simple and easy . The setting are straight forward and the features are decent. The customer service is outstanding.

Minpunten

Customizing features is easy because there are very few customizations, setup is a bit confusing, and sometime it blocks emails from contacts.

Tristan
Tristan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Setup was very straight forward

Beoordeeld op 13/7/2018

Once we got through the growing pains we don't have to field many helpdesk tickets from users getting use to this software coming from our previous spam filter. The other big benefit is that our previous spam filter service provider was about to double our yearly rate so your software ended up having a better spam detection rate and was also less expensive.

Pluspunten

Easy to setup and maintain. The detection rate is fabulous. When we initially setup the software we were getting tons of false-positives but this subsided after several weeks of use after which time I assume the system started to pickup on the types of emails that we consider legit.

Minpunten

It would be better to have a more well rounded user portal. For those users with many false-positives in an email notice it would be good to have a way to release the emails without opening a web browser tab for each and every email to be released or at least bring the user to the portal login page so they can easily manage many releases if this is not possible through the email client. Not a big deal but it is a little annoying personally for me.

I believe in the beginning I was told that there was no user portal to then later find out that there was one. Not sure where the disconnect was but this feature ended up being quite crucial for the owner of the company I work for as he was used to working in the portal of our previous product (Barracuda).

The other problem that was noticed earlier on is that the daily summary emails would have these crazy ambiguous email addresses in them in the "From" field which I was told couldn't be modified. The owner of the company was very confused by this as the Barracuda would show us both the technical from address as well as what would normally appear in the mail client and would have more meaning to the end user and give them a better idea if the email was spam or not. I suggested at the time to the tech\sales person I was speaking with that this should be changed to at least show both "from" email address' so the end user is armed with more information to make an informed decision about the email being spam or not.

tod
  • Sector: Vastgoed

Spam Titan Rocks

Beoordeeld op 14/11/2022

Pluspunten

The deployment went very smooth and customized to our environment very well. Every obstacle we had was dealt with and overcome. The product is way better than other competitors with appliances. We can ramp up a vm and transfer the config in minutes if there is an issue.

Minpunten

It takes a few minutes to get used to the interface and it is hard to find the email log at first.

Jim

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Spam Titan makes it easy to deploy effective affordable spam protection

Beoordeeld op 6/11/2020

In my opinion when you work with a smaller company they value their customers more then the large mega companies. With TitanHQ that has turned out to be true thus far. They are willing to go the extra mile for you to help customize and optimize the appliance. All support techs know their job well; you don't have to wait for a script monkey to escalate your case to some one who knows what they are doing, and they have even implement a few of my feature requests.

Pluspunten

-Very easy to set up. Can be done in a few hours.
-Support is hands down the BEST to deal with. I make many support calls in a year and hate dealing with most companies but when I have an issue and have to contact TitanHQ I assume my issues will be resolved quickly the first time I contact them because it usually is.
-Reporting is fantastic

Minpunten

The interface is a bit clunky it probably could use a GUI refresh
There are a few settings like RBLs that would be nice to be able to be set per each domain but are global.
There are a few common 3rd party commercial RBL's that are not included but make a noticeable difference. Because SpamTitan is so affordable the added cost is not an issue but it would be nice if Titan HQ could license them directly.

Amr

Spam titan-link lock

Beoordeeld op 13/2/2023

A perfect solution and they are keeping update and upgrade it yet

A perfect solution and they are keeping update and upgrade it yet

Pluspunten

Spam titan is an exallent product for email securityIt has a full of features which pro ide all the needed criteria to detect the spam emails with a very hight rate of capture And I want to focus on the new feature LinkLockWhich raise the capture rate of spam detection to a hight standard Normally if the email is clean with no malicious content it will be Mark as clean and if it include a URL which is not included in any bad categories it will be marked as clean,But sometimes the URL is bad and not included in any bad categories cause it is still new Here the link lock works and scan the URL on the fly to decide if it is clean or not and if it is not clean , it will turn the URL to a text which the end user can not click on it and keep it that way and deliver the email and even if you forward the email to someone outside your organisation it will keep it as text also which protect even your customers

Minpunten

Nothing for now , really it is miner issues which they always solve

Syazila
Syazila
  • Sector: Olie en energie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

My choice for anti-spam software

Beoordeeld op 13/8/2021

Pluspunten

SpamTitan is actually really worked, and has really decreasing the amount of spam email that i have receive before. It only need to be setup onetime, and most of the time, i don't even have to monitor the report as they rarely blocking a legitimate email that are sent to my email.

Minpunten

There are some feature that are not available at the moment on the software, like to preview the content of the spam email, without having to whitelisting the email. It will be a good feature, so user can totally know what is the content of the email that has been blocked from the main inbox.

Wayne
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Avoid their Cloud Offering

Beoordeeld op 14/2/2019

My biggest regret with using SpamTitan was to buy in to a 3-year deal to avail of a discount. That is only my own fault as they do not offer a refund if you decide to cancel the service. I used their cloud based spam-filter service so cannot comment on their non-cloud offerings. As a small MSP you will want to avoid this product which lacks end-user accessibility beyond very basic control via hyperlinks. You will find yourself micro-managing end-user accounts endlessly. Avoid their outbound mail-relay completely – huge headaches will ensue. And their support can also leave you dangling for days. I ultimately took the hit and moved to DuoCircle half way through the three-year period; footing the bill myself to ensure my clients had a more reliable email delivery experience. It's not just about identifying spam, when you rely on a pipeline for mail-delivery, one weak link in the chain can bring your mail-flow to its knees. Choose wisely.

Pluspunten

Good at positively identifying spam mail

Minpunten

The cloud-based version is not good for an MSP. Support is mediocre

Antwoord van TitanHQ

As the marketing director of TitanHQ I am deeply disappointed that you have had a negative experience with our business. We pride ourselves on the standard of our pre and post sales support and in your case it seems that we didn't meet our own high standards. For that I apologise.

We will reach out directly to you to achieve a mutually amenable resolution.

Kind regards,
Dryden Geary,
Marketing Director,
TitanHQ

Michael

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Outdated and severely lacking in features

Beoordeeld op 8/9/2018

I was in love with spamtitan when we first got it, but the lack of development into the platform is sad. Come February, when our license is up, we are not renewing. We already purchased Barracuda's cloud ESS and Archiving which has AI/Deep Learning spam detection, Email continuity with ability for users to send/receive, a vastly more modern UI, etc. etc. etc. And arching, all together about $1/user. I asked for quotes from spamtitan. I didn't receive 1.

Pluspunten

It's cheap, except the thousands of dollars you spend upfront, price per user is relatively low. It works decently, but as spam becomes more sophisticated it is less and less efficient every month.

Minpunten

Stupendously lacking in features. The UI is old and outdated. Software development releases almost NEVER come out. We might have had 1 last year. Your supposed to have regular security updates every three months. We are lucky if we get one a year. To get the lastest base of FreeBSD, I have to rebuild the appliance from scratch! I run pfSense and FreeNAS, both on FreeBSD. When they update, the upgrade the entire OS. You need developers.

Birgit
Birgit
  • Sector: Computersoftware

EGroupware Cloud services use SpamTian

Beoordeeld op 27/6/2023

Nice solution, does what it is supposed for, Support is good and good contact to TitanHD people.

Pluspunten

User can Blacklist/Whitelist from EGroupware directly or mark mails as Spam. The archive of the last X days gives the opportunity to resent mails customer by chance deleted and don't use an separat archiving solution.

Minpunten

I'm missed to select internal flow easily (mails from users within the same domain). Its easy to select inbound & outbound, but we had situations where we needed to release a bunch of internal mails and that is more effort to select.

Corey

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Well designed product at an affordable price.

Beoordeeld op 29/6/2021

Customer support before and after have been exceptional

Customer support before and after have been exceptional

Pluspunten

Spam filtering and reporting work as they should. Customer support is great.

Minpunten

Encryption and Archiving could be easier to deploy and manage.

Jacco Waalewijn

Excellent product and support

Beoordeeld op 8/5/2021

Pluspunten

We is SpamTitan (virtual appliance) because it have proven itself to be a very complete, robust and stable Email security platform. It performs very well, the monitoring and logging features are very good giving us the ability to track alle email traffic in case of any customer questions according to email messages. In case of any questions we aren’t able to answer with our support team, the Titan HQ support team is very Active. Most cases are picked up within 30 minutes and solved within the hour. So overall we rate this product but also this company as: EXCELLENT.

Minpunten

Because of the many options and features SpamTitan offers, it sometimes is quite a search between the main features and their options within.

Bud
  • Sector: Plastics en kunststoffen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Very good spam & virus filtering front end

Beoordeeld op 4/9/2018

SpamTitan keeps the bulk of junk mail off out internal mail server, offloads the mail trasmission, and provides a 3rd layer of AV scanning (SpamTitam, Mail server, end point all have different AV software)

Pluspunten

The interface is very responsive and easy to navigate. Installation was easy; regular updates are provides and also install very easily. Very few false positives.

Minpunten

No facility for custom scoring; mail is either 'good' and passes, or is 'bad' and is rejected. Many spam filtering system have a scoring system so that when particular conditions are met (key words in a subject or msg body, country of origin, time of day, bulk mail status, destination, sending TLD, etc), a cumulative score is created to determine spam status. Would love to have SpamTitan be able to add 'Posible spam' or some such to the subject so the mail server or user filters could pick it up.

Travis
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Great product, complete lack of support or communication from the company

Beoordeeld op 7/9/2018

We were getting 90% spam to our mailboxes before, now its closer to 10%.

We were getting 90% spam to our mailboxes before, now its closer to 10%.

Pluspunten

The software is easy to setup, pretty easy to use and navigate. It stopped most of our spam issue (using the SpamTitan Gateway), got rid of quite a bit of sent in viruses (rest caught from Exchange or local clients).

Minpunten

Reboots and updates sometimes caused the file system to get "corrupted", requiring some cmd line level programs to get it healthy again. Also had issue with how licenses were counted as we only have 35-40 employees but they have multiple email addresses (first.last, fnlast, etc) and it shows up as 150+ people, really wish it was mailbox linked and not address linked. Our biggest issue is not with the software, but with the company. They have stopped answering emails, stopped answering the phones. We have been trying for a month and a half to get support and its radio silence. We still have 18+ months left on our 3 year contract and are already looking for a new product with actual support.

Jake

SpamTitan Review

Beoordeeld op 5/11/2020

Excellent experience using SpamTitan to protect my 3000~ users from malicious E-mail phishing techniques and Spam.

Ease of Use and Excellent Customer Support

Minpunten

Pattern filtering desperately requires simplification. Extremely difficult to implement pattern filters. Syntax.

Harold

Love Spamtitan

Beoordeeld op 4/9/2018

I manage several different types op mailservers, postfix, hmailserver and MS Exchange. All e-mails in and out are sent through SpamTitan, so it works with all kinds of mailservers. It is really stable and it protects a lot of people.

Pluspunten

I like the value for money. The VM appliance doesn't consume much resources. Spam tagging is good, managing the interface is straightforward and works. The appliance is very very stable. It never crashed in the last 8 years. Updating is straightforward, questions sent to support are answered fast.

Minpunten

Managing and changing multiple domains could be a bit better. Changing several domains takes a bit of time. Export Import of a central config file would be a good option.
When a new kind of spamming hits the market, Spamtitan does take a couple of days to react to that.

Juan
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Spamtitan is a Solid Product

Beoordeeld op 13/11/2020

Pluspunten

As an msp, integrating new customers into spamtitan is a pretty straightfoward process. There are nice security features like anti spoofing, virus scanning, and the ability to customize spam scores based on specific criteria. The ability to give users access to view and whitelist emails caught by the spam filter is a plus. I’ve worked with countless vendors and i can say without a doubt that the quality, knowledge, and resolution speed of spamtitan support is unmatched.

Minpunten

Spamtitan is a feature rich product and as such there is a learning curve to it as an administrator. It can be difficult to know exactly what some of the features are doing and the documentation is not as in depth as i would like. One security feature that i would love to see is the ability to open an encrypted zip file since the decryption key is usually given in the message and then once opened spamtitan scans the content for viruses. As of right now we either have to block encrypted zip files or let them through so this is not an ideal situation either way.

Hafizah
Hafizah
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

SpamTitan to shield my email from spam intrusion

Beoordeeld op 5/6/2021

Pluspunten

This product has a lot of customizing options, which I like. For all of our customers, we have absolute control over the spam filtering system. The environment is steady, which is critical to our clients and us. When we were setting up our environment, the support personnel was accommodating. They responded quickly to emails and reached out to help us when we needed it. The spam detection system is excellent, far superior to other products we've used.

Minpunten

Learning the environment and configuring it to my needs can take some time. That's is to be expected in a situation like this, especially when we are dealing with very advanced tools or features that SpamTitan has provided.