Paychex Flex

Victoria
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great payroll and hr employer/employee program

Beoordeeld op 24/3/2023

Overall I've had no problems with paycheckflex really other than the direct deposit not transferring over from my job profiles but other than that it's been a really awesome experience it's been easy to use friendly and just great it's very useful and I do appreciate the software and I continue to use it to this day

Pluspunten

On some pros are that it's easy to use the interface is set up really user friendly it's sectioned off and your different jobs you know your pay your schedule your onboarding your your stuff you need to complete for HR or assignments places to message people ask questions you can view when your check gets deposited or written how many hours you worked all sorts of things like that and your vacation time and it's just it's really easy and it makes my job easier and it makes knowing what I'm doing for other people who are using it easy and I get paid on time if not early actually for me not everybody does though and it's all right there like I can print off my w-2s I can print off my tax paperwork message my employers or employees and manage my benefits and everything it's a really great system.

Minpunten

Honestly the only thing I don't like is if you have multiple employers on there and you put in your direct deposit information for one it does not automatically carry over to another job if you have multiple jobs at the same time so there for a minute I was getting a hard check because I thought that that information that I just entered for a previous in my other employer that I'm still working would go through to my next account but it does not you have to manually re-enter that

Sara
Sara
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Paychex Flex is a simple and straightforward system

Beoordeeld op 13/3/2023

Paychex Flex's interface has always been straightforward to use; the admin dashboard is full of useful information and it's impossible to miss any updates or notifications. Our less technically-inclined staff members have no trouble navigating the user dashboard.

Pluspunten

I manage the company's administrative tasks, including Payroll, Onboarding, and HRS. There is no way to overstate the amount of time it has saved me. About 5 minutes are all I need to do payroll, and that's only when there's a new employee.

Minpunten

The ability to look at Payroll records dating back more than two years. There are numerous Payroll Representatives. Inconveniently, I have to deal with a separate point person for each functionality.

Lais
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A Place where you find it all

Beoordeeld op 16/5/2024

Paychex Flex is extremely user friendly. As soon as I login I am presented with a dashboard that displays my pay stubs, W-2s, 401K, the health benefits that I elected. It's great not to have to access the HR team to request such data. It gives me independence and makes my life so much easier.

Pluspunten

The fact that I can easily access my pay stubs, W-2s, and all other financial records on a dashboard that contains it all.

Minpunten

Sometimes Paychex Flex account managers make mistakes. But that is more related to human error than a software issue.

Eva
  • Sector: Logistiek en toeleveringsketen
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

PREVIEW was a great payroll work horse. But beware, FLEX Payroll is no PREVIEW.

Beoordeeld op 19/10/2016

We've been on Paychex PREVIEW payroll software for 16 years. It was a solid no non-sense payroll processing work horse which came with everything you'd ever need to process payroll for 100+ employees in a very quick and efficient manner. PREVIEW software was extremely well designed and well thought out. The developers took the perspective of payroll processing users and provided all the navigation speed, functionalities and reports that we'd ever find useful or need to do our jobs quickly and efficiently. There were hardly any unnecessary clicks, keystrokes or scrolling to speak of. It exceeded my expectation all these years. Paychex's golden era and reputation as payroll processing leader was probably due to these sensible legacy products.

Like all good things which must come to an end, we were switched to FLEX Q2 of 2016 because PREVIEW was so old that Paychex decided to sun set it this year - which was totally understandable. But any reasonable PREVIEW clients would also expect and assume that whatever good features, good functionalities and useful reports that were available and had been working well in PREVIEW would be brought over and be available in the new payroll product as well. Not so.

Enters FLEX which Paychex touted as being technologically advanced, etc. It probably is. But as far as FLEX payroll processing features and functionalities are concerned, I am actually set back 16 years to a payroll processing product that seemed Beta, very slow, cumbersome, awkward - compared to PREVIEW. Paychex simply threw PREVIEW out the window and started fresh from scratch with FLEX. I spent my first several months on FLEX Payroll sending them suggestions to make FLEX "better". I don't know if anyone cared.

FLEX Payroll screen designs and navigation are very slow, very cumbersome, and very awkward. What I considered "speed features" in PREVIEW were non-existent in FLEX. Fields are spread out as far apart as they can find room to spread them out to (instead of keeping the screen layouts compact) seemingly so as to "maximize" unnecessary clicks, scrolls and keystrokes as much as possible. It's also more cumbersome and time consuming just to get information and reports from FLEX Payroll which could be run quickly and easily before in PREVIEW. I felt like I'm using payroll software designed by inexperienced college graduates who had never processed payroll before in their lives. They're out to get as much of my time make me do as much work as possible for the same amount of work that I have to do as before - to see where my breaking point is.

So overall, I'm not impressed. To me, if the basic payroll processing functionalities are less than before, FLEX Payroll will still be inadequate despite all other "great features and modules" they added to FLEX which I don't need.

Pluspunten

Flex integration with Benefits Administration (Benetrac) module can make life a lot easier for some - but Beware - only if your group is 100+ enrolled. Our Paychex sales rep did make the claim that with Benetrac service, our medical insurance transactions "will all be automatic with carriers and we wouldn't have to do a thing" - which was totally not true. As it turned out, more carriers than not do not do EDI for groups (company) with < 100 enrolled. So the main FLEX selling point totally didn't even pan out for us. Please learn from our lesson. Do verify specifically that your medical and dental carriers will do EDI for your group before signing up for Benetrac.

Minpunten

Although FLEX does its job as payroll software, having been on a faster and more efficient product before, we know how much more time we are spending on this "more inefficient" product compared to before.

Oh and please save yourself the headaches and trouble by passing on other Paychex's services. We tried Paychex Health Insurance and ACA filing. They both failed miserably. Same story in both cases. Can't get hold of the account rep and customer service rep. No one would answer or return our calls. Last year's ACA were 60% wrong after I've redone and resubmitted data 3 different times after 3 different CSR told me 3 different things. They were just making it up as they went. Very frustrating.

Gloria
  • Sector: Medische praktijk

User Friendly!

Beoordeeld op 19/3/2024

Easy access to W2
User friendly
Clocking in and out for shifts or lunches made easy
Having quick access to pay stubs
Being able to access information through their app is so great

Minpunten

I have no complaints in regards to paychex at all!

Alan
Alan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

PayChex is one of the best and easiest payroll programs

Beoordeeld op 30/9/2023

Payroll processing is tedious and time-consuming, but PayChex simplifies things significantly. Having a professional create and update the guidebook for you is also a huge assistance.

Pluspunten

Payroll processing for my business can be done whenever I want, the interface is intuitive, and all employees have access to their own data for purposes of audits and tax filings. The time I used to spend on payroll and tax preparation is now mine. I was relieved to have access to Paychex reports when a PPP opportunity presented itself.

Minpunten

They're doing their best to improve the system, but in the meanwhile, it can be inconvenient to use while they work on it.

Lisa
  • Sector: Voedselproductie

Paychex Flex Review

Beoordeeld op 13/12/2023

For the most part positive. Over the years the number one overall best thing about Paychex is their customer service. The platform is easy to use and for the most part user friendly but their customer service is great!

Pluspunten

For the most part well integrated and easy to use. Customer service is stellar compared to other companies that I deal with. They are also very response to comments on proposed changes in the portal, etc.

Minpunten

Pricing! It has increased quite a bit over the past couple of years with an actual decrease in what we get. And paying for hardware is a lot of money!

Fernando
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Not for construction payroll

Beoordeeld op 9/3/2021

Good people but the tool is one vertical silo after another, we had multiple 3 way calls to coordinate our onboarding and there were many issues that I had to "hunt" for help.

Pluspunten

The tax compliance is great. In a state where there are local taxes and in the ever-changing world of taxes, Paychex does a great job.

Minpunten

We are not able to generate our certified payroll reports because no one in Paychex knew how to set it up.

Perfect for companies

Beoordeeld op 30/6/2024

Pluspunten

Easy to use, easy to explain. Basic site no extra

Minpunten

There was nothing I did not like about this service

Tamiko
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Very Reliable Program

Beoordeeld op 13/6/2024

It has been a pleasure to use this platform.

It has been a pleasure to use this platform.

Pluspunten

I love how you can navigate through it.

Minpunten

I can’t name one bad thing. It’s a win-win for me.

Cody
  • Sector: Entertainment

Streamlined and Simplified Payroll Processing and Ancillary HR Services

Beoordeeld op 5/5/2022

Thus far, the experience has been positive and meets all needs of the company. Tax compliance, W-2s, time keeping, and benefits admin all went smoothly through a full annual cycle. The customer service response times are within a reasonable range, and the mobile app surprisingly is very useful due to the simplicity of the overall platform. Employees can also self-serve make a certain number of changes to things like addresses or banking info without the need for an HR team member to service such requests.

Pluspunten

The ease of onboarding and implementation (compared to ADP, for example), as well as the streamlined processes that allow for staff who may not be payroll professionals to accurately run payroll & benefits to a high degree of efficiency.

Minpunten

The functionality for contractors isn't as great as some other providers I've used in the past (PayReel, for instance). Additionally, the level of sophistication for tax issue or researching problems from state notices, etc. isn't the best I've seen though it is certainly adequate.

ADP Workforce Now

Redenen om voor Paychex Flex te kiezen

Cheaper and more streamlined solution for a smaller company that may not require dedicated payroll teams and a very high level of white-glove service.

Overgestapt van

Dayforce HCM

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

Presented the clearest and best use case for a small to mid-size company which a mix of hourly and salaried staff. Also not having a dedicated payroll expert on the team necessitated a platform that is easy to use and does not have a steep learning curve (ADP, for instance).
Kanwal

Great product

Beoordeeld op 7/5/2020

Customer service is the only downside. Otherwise, we are happy with the system itself.

Pluspunten

We used to rely on our accountant in the past. This is a great way to have access to anything at anytime. Another perk is that the employees are able to review their tax documents remotely as well.

Minpunten

This is not really related to the software itself, but the customer service continues to be an ongoing problem. God forbid if you receive a notice from EDD or IRS, you'll be chasing behind people to follow up. I wish whatever forms are submitted, we can have access to them from a particular page along with the outcomes.

QuickBooks Time

Redenen om voor Paychex Flex te kiezen

We switched our time entries to Paychex Flex too because Timesheets.com doesn't have a proper tracking system for paid time off.

Overgestapt van

Timesheets.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

Price and everything being under one place
Faith
  • Sector: Landbouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The customer support team for this software is so cool. Focused to assisting.

Beoordeeld op 25/10/2023

Very wide coverage of benefits. Paychex Flex is a game changer.

Very wide coverage of benefits. Paychex Flex is a game changer.

Pluspunten

The customer support team really gave me an overwhelming experience. The assistance they gave at a time I was almost giving up on setting up the software was so satisfying. Ever since they assisted me, Paycheck Flex has been an easy to use software. Extremely helpful in payment management. It provides a great overview of my work and helps in creating a wonderful work environment.

Minpunten

Five stars worth of performance. Nothing is challenging with Paychex Flex.

Terri
  • Sector: Rechtspraktijk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Paychex Flex Great for small organizations

Beoordeeld op 17/5/2022

The overall experience has been positive.

The overall experience has been positive.

Pluspunten

The time tracking feature is helpful to small companies who use the "honor" system as their time tracker

Minpunten

I think the software would benefit by being a little more user friendly

Paycom

Time tracker, benefits

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

Paycom didn't return our requests to learn about their product.
Julie
  • Sector: Groothandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

The Worst Payroll Company Out There!

Beoordeeld op 30/8/2019

I have been running payroll and in HR for over 17 years so have used many payroll services and Paychex is the absolute WORST - can't wait to switch. Overpriced and you have to do everything yourself including coding their system. Nothing works right once you do (no notifications, biometric time clocks don't record punches, CA payroll laws like 7th day OT never coded) it's truly a complete joke of a company. "Account Manager" does not actually do anything but tell you to call the 877 customer service number and they are beyond ignorant and unhelpful.

Customer service - The worst
Assigned Account Manager - Does nothing but tell you to call Cust Service (see above)
Helpfulness - None
Expensive - YES
Knowledgeable - None
Compliant - Nope, set up CA payroll laws all wrong
Ease of system use - terrible, you need to coded everything yourself
Over selling - the best (how about fix your basic customer service and functionality before you continually try and up sell)

ADP Workforce Now

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

My company was oversold on this junk company and platform before I got here.
Noam
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Fantastic Experience with Gusto!

Beoordeeld op 29/1/2023

Overall, Gusto has been an excellent choice for our business. We've been able to quickly and easily set up payroll and benefits, and their customer service team has always been incredibly helpful and responsive.

Pluspunten

Gusto has been an absolute lifesaver for our business. Their user-friendly platform makes payroll and benefits setup a breeze, and the customer service team is always ready to help with any questions or issues.

Minpunten

The only downside I've noticed is that it can be a bit slow to calculate taxes, but that might just be due to the complexity of all the laws and regulations.

Yashovardhan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Paychex Flex: The Most Flexible Payroll Solution around

Beoordeeld op 11/12/2022

I enjoy using Paychex Flex because it is simple to use and provides me with all the information I need to know about my payroll and employees. I can easily access my payroll information and run reports. The customer service is also excellent and they are always available to help me with any questions I have.

Pluspunten

The most impactful features in Paychex Flex are the ability to manage all employee information in one place, the comprehensive suite of payroll and HR tools, and the ease of use. Paychex Flex is very easy to use, and integration with existing business processes is seamless.

Minpunten

The least favourable aspect of Paychex Flex would have to be its payroll processing. Reports have surfaced of payroll being processed very slowly, and in some cases, not processed at all. This can obviously create a lot of problems for businesses that need their employees to be paid on time.

Gusto

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex was chosen over Gusto and Paylocity because it offered the best combination of features and price. Paychex Flex is a comprehensive HR and payroll solution that is affordable and easy to use. It offers robust features such as time and attendance tracking, benefits administration, and online payroll.
Rachael
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Easy to use, great customer service

Beoordeeld op 10/2/2023

Due to issues when our account was created we had a huge mess to clean up at the end of the year. It was due to errors within our organization but Paychex went out of their way to ensure that everything was in order in a reasonable amount of time. I would never choose to repeat that scenario, but it did prove that they have exceptional customer service.

Pluspunten

Ease of use. I started using the system without any prior knowledge and had no trouble finding my way around. Running payroll is simple and can easily be customized to how you prefer to enter.

Minpunten

If Paychex is also logged in, changes you make will not be saved. This does not happen often, but when it does it is useless.

QuickBooks Payroll

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

We had an existing relationship with them for our partner company. We knew they were a suitable solution and did not take a lot to implement.
Teena
  • Sector: Kantoorbenodigdheden
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Powerful and feature-rich payroll and HR management software

Beoordeeld op 12/5/2023

Pluspunten

Paychex Flex is its extensive scope of elements, which incorporates finance handling, time and participation following, benefits organization, and HR consistence. The product likewise offers a versatile application, which empowers representatives to see their compensation stubs, advantages, and time-off demands. Its easy to understand interface, which makes it simple for clients to explore and deal with their finance and HR errands. The product additionally gives broad customization choices, permitting organizations to fit their finance and HR cycles to meet their particular necessities.

Minpunten

sometimes programming can be delayed to load, and that the announcing usefulness could be more vigorous.

Erin
  • Sector: Filantropie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind

Beoordeeld op 13/10/2017

Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Pluspunten

It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions.

Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Minpunten

I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately.

I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

• Sector: E-learning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Paychex has some unfortunate downsides

Beoordeeld op 21/11/2018

Typical clock in/out and benefit tracking.

Typical clock in/out and benefit tracking.

Pluspunten

Very easy to view clocked in users, people on break, etc. As a manager it is easy to view and approve hours. It allows for a convienant way for staff to access paystubs and documentation.

Minpunten

Employees often have trouble with the site when punching in/out - the easiest to access option are buttons that move, and as a result it is easy to click the wrong button! Way more time clock corrections that we used to get. It is very difficult for staff to tell how much vacation time they have remiaining, they constantly have to ask for confirmation - very frustrating. It isn't always easy to tell that as a manager either, so we have had issues where people took more time than allocated. THE most frustrating aspect of it is when someone misses a punch - sometimes adding a missed punch is just a matter of clicking a box and filling in the correct time, other times switching a type of punch - like from start break to start meal is ridiculous and you can end up with a big mess. Have never seen a program that is so irritating to handle corrections like that. As a manager I hate working with this program.

• Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An HCM system that simplifies difficult tasks

Beoordeeld op 1/2/2023

It has been a good experience overall. The payroll account manager I have is efficient. But Paychex does seek to elevate these positions quickly. Every time I get a payroll account manager who is knowledgeable, they always get promoted, it seems. My concerns about the reliability of customer service are raised as a result of this.

Pluspunten

The ability to use the phone application makes it incredibly handy to get information and even manage payroll from any location. You may track the non-exempt employees' hours with the addition Stratus time, which integrates with your payroll software. Without a doubt, it is a big relief to be able to be in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws thanks to access to a comprehensive database from a company that has been doing it for decades.

Minpunten

Certain benefits, which would be useful if you knew what you wanted, cannot be manually set up. We are presently ironing out some problems with a PTO benefit that WE have. Upon entering the dashboard, Paychex Flex requests a fresh verification code. Depending on the administrative access required to do such an activity, users identified in the Paychex Flex may not be erased. Employees might not be able to update time cards electronically because Paychex Flex might only give administrators their usernames and passwords. The administrator is able to make time card adjustments with Paychex Flex. The administrator is able to make payroll modifications using Paychex Flex.

Amy
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need.

Beoordeeld op 26/7/2018

Pluspunten

Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me.

The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks.

What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

Minpunten

The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails.

The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear.

Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

Heidi
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

STAY AWAY FROM PAYCHEX

Beoordeeld op 13/4/2021

Terrible- each Paychex employee has provided the bare minimum servies, has not been accurate in the information they provided regarding the services, and once their job is done in their eyes they dissappear. Only the HR Rep who wrote our handbook was straight forward and honest regarding the services to be provided or not. It has been a nightmare trying to terminate our relationship with Paychex. They could care less about us as clients until they realized we were terminating their services- now they just don't answer questions and won't follow through closing out our 401K program and returning our money to us.

Pluspunten

NOTHING. We thought we were buying payroll services that would support this firm. From the marketting rep who outright lied about the review services to the 401K rep who lied the servies was" practically free" we feel we have been scammed or ignored for years

Minpunten

There is NO SUPPORT from this firm. They don't know who their clients are and they don't care. We terminated their services Jan 1, 2021 and they have dragged their feet in closing out their business with us, their automated termination program doesn't work, and they are still billing us for "administatin servies" on the 401K program which we are no longer contributing to- Paychex is making interest on our money and refusing to efficiently close out the program

Anna
  • Sector: Verpakkingen en verpakkingsmaterialen

Paychex Flex - great Payroll your payroll needs

Beoordeeld op 7/12/2023

As far as my overall experience, I found Paychex Flex to be one of the most easiest, user friendly payroll software's that I have used. It's also always great to have customer service support for whenever you encounter a new entry/deduction or change and just want to make sure you enter it in correctly. It's nice to always have support and a 2nd set of eyes if needed. Would I recommend this to others??? Yes, I would!

Pluspunten

When working with payroll, it's always beneficial when they system is user friendly and the menu items are simple and straight forward. One thing you don't want is to process payroll incorrectly or have to guess at how to properly enter a change. I would also like to mention that switching to Paychex Flex allowed cost savings :) This was definitely a plus!

Minpunten

The only con was using a separate timekeeping system.