talech

3,9 (333)
Schrijf een review!
POS-software voor de iPad : restaurants, winkels en dienstverlenende bedrijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sorteren op

Eric

Better than the Big Boys

Beoordeeld op 1/11/2016

I own a coffee shop / cafe in New Mexico. Before this I have worked in all positions imaginable in many different types of restaurants. I have used most of the Big Name POS systems out there. As a manager I had to program them, change prices, add buttons and all that. Usually you have to do these things in the middle of a big rush on top of ten other things. I'll tell you what, Talech is by far the easiest I have ever encountered. I can add a button, scratch that, I can have an employee add a button with a few instructions over the phone! Also, by using ipads as terminals, my costs stay way low. a refurbished ipad is like $200. Compared to the other guys' pricey terminals, they are practically disposable. I bought a backup just in case! I love Talech and will tell it to anyone willing to listen. In this business, it is nice to find something that works!

Low initial cost. Intuitive setup. Rapid adjustability

Not compatible with Android OS

Antwoord van talech

We're so happy to hear that you are happy customer after 2+ years, Eric! Thank you for being a loyal talech customer and for writing a review. If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here for you!

Brad

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Good product for the price

Beoordeeld op 23/8/2019

Pluspunten

I like how easy it is to customize the interface of the iPad app. I can easily color coordinate sections and subsections, rearrange everything to fit our needs. I also love the online ordering system, we take on average a dozen online orders a day. There are of course things I wish we could change about the system, but overall, it does the job, and does it well!

Minpunten

Not a fan of the online ordering setup. If I wish to have a product hidden on our online store, it also hides it on our iPad, which does not work too well. The program is also very laggy when you first try to login, takes 5 seconds or so every time - just freezes. Also, if someone tries to tip us with a custom tip amount, sometimes the text box covers up the amount section - and we've had people almost tip us $2,000 multiple times - the box needs to be moved.

Overwogen alternatieven

Square Point of Sale

Redenen om over te stappen op talech

Because we knew one of the sales reps.
mark

Talech Stealing Money Because they Were not Processing Credit Cards Properly

Beoordeeld op 2/8/2022

Good until recently... Now critically terrible They were preauthorizing credit cards.... but when the tab was closed,,, their software could not do so because of card information corrupted (although the software states they are pre-authorized).
This resulted in over $500 in tabs that cant be closed... not even by Talech themselves... So, they blamed everyone, including my internet provider, the credit card bank etc. They are unable to resolve... In summary, there was $500+ dollars of free beer credit card customers drank at our expense!!! We had to switch (otherwise we would have continued to lose money) and Talech will not even refund our monthly charges to help offset their error. Not only is this bad service... but stealing!!!

Every Talech user must be aware of this and RUN!!!

Also associated with this was a company called AVANT GARD... if you are dealing with these people also be aware,,,

Pluspunten

The POS software works in most cases. The reporting is ok as well. Don't have experience with others besides square... but seems to work... However the majority of this software is to successfully collect money for exchange of products.... this is where it fails!!!!

Minpunten

Customer service to resolve critical issues with mis-handling credit card information, not admitting a problem and even accusing everyone else for our loss of money.

Beth

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

The 3 Weird Sisters

Beoordeeld op 15/11/2016

I feel overall the customer service is lacking. When a recording says "we are sorry for the long hold", that tells me you are not only aware of the problem but doing little to fix it. I have to schedule a call to get simple answers asked to be told they will have to look into and get back to me. I am usually not available to receive that call when and if it comes because I'm either not at work, driving or at home with my children at that point. It takes far too long to get simple issues resolved with this company . customer service has improved since I first started with them by way of polite people getting questions answered seems to take three times as long now. and when I do get a wrap to walk me through and show me what I need to do it often doesn't work like it should even after they've checked all the settings and they have to go back to the design and again no resolution on my end

The cloud storage

Minpunten

Can not reach help when needed and I feel like I get a runaround

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Beth. I am sorry to hear that support has been difficult to reach and that the hold times have been so long. I've passed along your feedback to the support team so they can continue to work make improvements. Thanks for being candid and letting us know.

Railan
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

Talech POS System for a Retail Store

Beoordeeld op 27/9/2022

Pluspunten

Talech is very adaptable to a retail store in sales transactions, inventory tracking and management, and accounting reports. It is very quick and easy to speak with a Customer Service Agent should you need it, and the Team is very proactive in assisting.

Minpunten

There are features within inventory management that could be added to improve inventory tracking and management. For example, when performing an EOY inventory count, it would be very helpful to be able to freeze inventory numbers and then unfreeze them to update the quantities. Currently, to update inventory numbers, a stock take must be done which is a lengthy task if a business has more than 2,000 products. A second feature is to have the ability to manipulate employee access to certain information within the software including inventory updates, and sales reports. You can lock employees out of these things, but when done also locks them out of key features they need to perform their other tasks.

David

Complete Junk

Beoordeeld op 15/3/2024

Absolutely no support. We have never had not one of the issues we have called about resolved. And they never call back even though every person says they will.

Pluspunten

It used to run on an iPad I could take anywhere in the shop

Minpunten

The hours and hours trying to get issues resolved with customer support that knowledge of the product.

Kerri
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Great system, horrendous customer service!

Beoordeeld op 25/8/2018

Rest assure, no business referrals will ever come from us!

Rest assure, no business referrals will ever come from us!

Pluspunten

We purchased a complete Talech POS system for one of our 2 locations, so that we could get set up before launching the 2nd store.
I did a lot of research and we ultimately settled on Talech because we wanted to keep our credit card processor, and the rep recommended Talech.
Service before the sale was stellar.
The system arrived and we couldn’t set up, the printer didn’t ship. A half dozen people were pointing fingers at one another via email and copying me “the customer” in on it, highly unprofessional and unproductive. At one point in time they demanded that I got the printer but must have thrown it away with the packaging. It wasn’t even on the packing list!
Long story short, the printer was on backorder. Wow.
However, that didn’t stop Talech from charging us for our 1st month even though we couldn’t set up.
We were very reluctant to get the 2nd system but we already had time and training invested in our employees. Otherwise, a big fat juicy “NAY NAY STAY AWAY.”
Also, the only weekend support available is for tech support. No customer service or sales support on the weekends.
Uhmmmm.... the users of your equipment are restaurants and retailers. Kind of absurd. Especially since they boast about 24/7 support. Well, sorta....

Minpunten

Love the software. Perfect for our business. Easy to set up and use.

Ginny
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

Beoordeeld op 1/11/2016

I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Pluspunten

Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

Minpunten

The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

Antwoord van talech

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

David
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

Talech register using iPad

Beoordeeld op 23/8/2019

I am only using the system as a register as my inventory is too extensive and would take months to years to add all the inventory. It wars fine for retail and wholesale transactions without any problems.

Pluspunten

Easy to use and program. Keeps track of inventory, able to use with Wi-Fi. Keeps track of Payouts for inventory paid for by Cash as well as payouts for tips. Excellent choice for a small or start up business to program for products and inventory.

Minpunten

The problem with Talech is the Balancing area. When doing a close out for the day there is no way to correct any mistakes it's a final once you press the reconcile button and no way to correct it on the system. You might have miscounted or not entered something for the day but can't reconcile.

Cathy
  • Sector: Cosmetica
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Good product, exceptional customer support

Beoordeeld op 17/11/2016

I'm very happy with my POS program from Talech and I'm not even using it to it's full potential! What I appreciate the most is that when I've had a question or a comment, someone has immediately gotten back with me, or concerning an issue, it was very quickly resolved. I've come to cherish great customer service because it's so hard to find!

All the options

Minpunten

I can' think of any since I'm not eve using it to it's full potential. As long as you have tutorials for set up (I assume you do) and keep up great customer support - should be good!

Antwoord van talech

Cathy, we're so glad to hear that you are a happy talech customer! If you would like any assistance digging into additional features, please check out our help page for videos/articles or reach out to our support team. We're here to help!

Tarek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

be aware of the billing department

Beoordeeld op 8/2/2021

software is ok but very mad with the Billing department if they owe you money, you have to suffer before you get it plus you have to be so mean for them to listen.

Pluspunten

the ease of use and the features the software offer. plus you don't need to give away the credit card processing service.

Minpunten

credit cards integration and online double charges

Casey

WORST PIECE OF TECH AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IVE EVER ENCOUNTERED

Beoordeeld op 28/10/2020

HORRIBLE AND INCOMPETENT

HORRIBLE AND INCOMPETENT

Pluspunten

SAVE YOURSELF, WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PURCHASE TALECH OR POYNT FOR YOUR POS SYSTEM. I have never in my life experience such INCOMPETENCE and trouble with a system and with customer service. One day the system decides to work and the next it's broken. I easily refunded my customers the first couple of months with this system and now the system doesn't allow me to. Whenever a MAJOR problem occurs, (every day) I go to call customer service and get the same agent who has absolutely no clue what he's talking about and puts me on hold for hours at a time to google what I've already tried to look up on my own. I know more about the system then the own company does. Not to mention when I first received this system my rep told me I would be receiving a bar code scanner, cash drawer, bar code printer, etc. I received NOTHING except a piece of junk tiny little screen and they continue to charge me for this "bundle package" that doesnt exist. I can not stress anymore how HORRIBLE this system and the customer service is as equally bad. For your own sanity, DO NOT PURCHASE!!!!!!

Minpunten

something new breaks every day on the back end and when I call customer service they are unable to help me and instead of resolving it, they tell me there is a glitch in my system and that theres nothing they can do.

James
  • Sector: Sport

Overall pretty decent

Beoordeeld op 1/11/2016

Talech does what we need it to do for the most part. Price-wise, nothing else even comes close, but it lacks some really basic features that can be extremely annoying - such as partial (percentage) refunds - for example, a restocking fee.

Also, there are some long-term SIMPLE glitches that have never been figured ou,t such as the tallying of employee hours. How is that still wrong? Isn't it as simple as (hourly wage x hours worked)?

Another thing- selling a "custom item" doesn't include cost, but the item doesn't just appear out of nowhere. We sell lots of custom items, and it's very difficult to find them at the end of the year and give them all a cost. Everything must be exported to excel and then filtered out.

Sometimes it seems like we are the only ones using Talech. Customer support really has been great. They are always easy to get a hold of, and are very friendly. However, they often seem stumped by these basic quandaries.

Pluspunten

Ease of use for admin and every day user.

Minpunten

All listed on previous page.

Antwoord van talech

Hi James, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review so we know what works and what could be better. We also appreciate you taking the time to speak with us via phone to share more detail. We love hearing from you - please continue to share.

Bruce

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Talech for a full service restaurant and bar

Beoordeeld op 1/11/2016

It is easy to set up your menu and make changes. It is fairly easy for my employees, mostly highschool students, to learn.

The system tends to slow down during busy times. It takes too long to switch from one screen to another. It also takes a long time to sync when you first log in.

The security is not very good. It is too easy for one employee to log in with someone else's id, making the security feature essentially worthless.
Each employee should have a card to swype in order to log in. That would be a huge improvement.

The reports are nice and easy to read.

All in all a pretty good system but it needs more built in security.

Pluspunten

easy to learn and to set up

Minpunten

The security features are weak. Too easy for another employee to log in with another persons id. The system tends to bog down when it gets busy. It takes too long to synch when you log in.

Antwoord van talech

Thank you for your feedback, Bruce. I have shared your comments about security and system lag with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Brian

Worst customer support

Beoordeeld op 29/5/2021

Software has worked fine. Support - worst I've dealt with. Some reps are helpful, most just want you off the phone.

Pluspunten

Software is relatively simple to use. We're using it for a fast service, and it does quite well.

Minpunten

The support is HORRIBLE. While they say they offer 24X7 support, pretty much every single call in has been told that it's 48 hours to get any resolution. Anything after hours is pretty much nothing.

Something as simple as opening a seasonal store results in HOURS of getting passed around trying to figure out how to get it working.

Having support cloning a menu between locations resulted in a completely messed up menu, and then we were told oh, nobody here can fix it until Monday. As if being completely down for the entire weekend is acceptable!

With a POS system, it needs to work NOW. Not in 48 hours.

Gerardo

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

We don't have a record of you calling...

Beoordeeld op 19/6/2020

Horrible customer service spoke with one person that promised to move it up in priority to tier 2 people and after waiting two days for a call back we called back and they had no record of the call. I lost two days waiting for a solution that no one was aware of. Now I sit and wait again. I do not recommend this service due to their customer service not really being able to resolve something. It must be a call center with prompts on their screen and when they can't resolve it then it goes to someone that actually can help. Wasted several hours trying to figure this out and lost customers and revenue to this problem. I'm going with someone else!

Pluspunten

It looks like from the start that it would be easy to use and everything should connect without an issue and it did at first.

Minpunten

After a while a break down of the card readers will ruin your day very quickly. If you have a customer that needs a refund you won't be able to do it unless the card reader works. The bluetooth connection drops and there is no solution other than replacement.

Lisa

Talech Review

Beoordeeld op 23/10/2019

We are a very small business, and the software is perfect for what we need. I like the reports feature, I can go back a year and compare numbers, I can email the reports to the accountant, I can keep track of each of our suppliers and how we are doing with each one.

Pluspunten

Customer support has been super, fas,t efficient. The software is easy to use and set up was great.

Minpunten

In the beginning we had some super glitches that had even the tech experts stumped. It took a good while to get that all ironed out. Seems to be working fine now, only once in awhile do we find ourselves with a bit of a problem, but Customer Support is always just a phone call away.

Carrie
  • Sector: Wijn en sterke drank

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great POS system with top notch customer service support

Beoordeeld op 24/8/2019

I have been happy with the program and really pleased with the tech support!

I have been happy with the program and really pleased with the tech support!

Pluspunten

When we do have issues with card reader or printers (which are obtained from the credit card processing vendors) it is easy to reach the Talech customer service reps to talk us through the issue and resolve the problems. It keeps up with product inventory levels and gives decent reports.

Minpunten

Since I am not familiar with any other POS systems I can’t comment on the cons other than it is geared to restaurants and merchandise retail and not necessarily wineries....(thinking it might be nice for it to also monitor our bulk wine products?)

Veronika

Stay Away

Beoordeeld op 12/2/2020

terrible

terrible

Pluspunten

Quite user-friendly interface. Tech support is there but mostly no helpful

Minpunten

We worked with Talech for 4 years and our experience is horrible. First of all, card readers break frequently. You should pay for a new one. Not a problem! But a new one works for 2 weeks, and then you'll need to pay for a new one again, send the old one and so on.

We experienced difficulties with charges, and they confirmed that their software didn't work properly. The worst things there were thousands of dollars which were not deposited to our account because of their 'bug'. We accidentally found it out. If you need a safe merchant provider, stay away from Talech.

Deborah

Something Borrowed Review

Beoordeeld op 16/11/2016

Like the software a lot because it's simple. Some things I'd like to see different is to have the refund button not so easy to hit it accidentally. Then for the online side it would be great to have more subtotaling of receipts by day in order to eliminate the hassle of downloading a report to reconcile with the bank deposits. It also seems to be geared toward restaurants. We are in the rental and floral business. Adding a module for these would be worth an up-charge if it's not too much.

Minpunten

lack of reporting See other comment.

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for writing a review and being a customer, Deborah! We're so glad that overall you are pleased with the software. Thanks for sharing product feedback. I've passed this along to our product team. Please continue to let us know what you'd like to see for your business. It's great to hear from you.

Edouard Moyal

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Bad software update
You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated...

Bad software update
You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated and less friendly I know you have to justify your people salary but not by screwing up what's working

Pluspunten

It's a very good software and very friendly and easy to use there is some small problem then we can correct

Minpunten

I had no problem with the software before but now since your updated you change the whole face of the program and before you do that you need to find out for what type of business this program is good for or not very bad move for us it's not good

Antwoord van talech

Edouard, thank you for your review and feedback, A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve but has not been able to get a hold of you. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Kelye

Very happy with Talech!

Beoordeeld op 16/11/2016

Customer service is the best. There are things I wish I could access with Talech, but not yet available. I am told they are working on it. I am very unhappy with my card company Elavon, but haven't switched yet because I need to find someone that will allow my point of sale to be Talech.

Pluspunten

Different ways to inventory and access products.

Minpunten

I need to have the availability to print reports showing all new inventory added per year.

Antwoord van talech

We're so glad to hear that you're happy with talech, Keyle! Thanks for being a customer and writing a review. I've shared your feedback about inventory reporting with the product team. We'd love to know about the things that you'd like to access but aren't yet available. Please reach out at your convenience and let us know. We'd love to hear from you!

Shaheen

Lux Ave boutique

Beoordeeld op 1/11/2016

I think this program was for restaurant not retail friendly.then you guys keep up dating and changing the format.once you get use to then then it get change you have to learn all over again.its very easy once you learn it but it get change .if we need technical help we have to leave the message and wait some body to call us back .but no idea when .and if you get a call we may be with our customer can not talk at that time .very frustrating .

Pluspunten

Once you understand how to use its easy .

Not a retail friendly

Antwoord van talech

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. A member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We are here to help, Shaheen.

Yvette

Love our Talech POS

Beoordeeld op 1/11/2016

We were using another system in our restaurant that was not very user friendly and the monthly fees were a bit high considering the customer service was terrible. Since switching to Talech about a year ago we couldn't be happier. So easy to try new employees to use this system.

Pluspunten

The fact that adding or deleating menu items is so simple and training new employees to use this POS system is very easy.

Minpunten

The new updat seems slower. I shut down the iPads over the weekend to see if this helps.

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing a review. We're glad to hear you're happy you chose talech.

Has the system been running more quickly for you after the restart? If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot. I went ahead and shared your feedback with the product team. Please continue to share what's working and not. We appreciate the feedback!

Lori
  • Sector: Milieudiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Beware! Do not waste your money purchasing this device!

Beoordeeld op 30/1/2023

It was NOT AT ALL a good experience. I have several other POS apparatus. If I have to keep them for backup for Talech then why bother? I have discontinued my Talech. And the initial purchase cost is WAY TOO HIGH! Go elsewhere!!

Pluspunten

Nothing. The only pro was you are assigned a live, local representative that can help you.

Minpunten

The difficulty of use, the time and complexity of entering client info. The lack of signature. The fee payback process at the beginning of the next month all make balancing , recording and tracking money very difficult. And the POS apparatus rarely worked!