STACK

Software voor kostenraming en schattingen in de bouw

(1.386)

Sorteren op

Matthew
Matthew

• Klantenondersteuning

Super easy to use and saves your files to the cloud.

Beoordeeld op 24/5/2018

Pluspunten

I have used many takeoff programs and this program is the best bang for the buck. I really like that is saves your files to the cloud. You can access the files from anywhere with internet. The program is really easy to use.

Minpunten

I would like to see hatch patterns added to the area takeoff colors. I feel there needs to be more options. I would also like to have an option to turn on the quantity giver window.

Peter

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

A takeoff platform that continues to improve.

Beoordeeld op 12/10/2021

We are currently seeing a 15-20% time savings on this new platform. The user interface allows us to onboard new staff much quirker.

Pluspunten

OCR regonition makes searching drawings for keywords a breeze. Custom variables within the estimate module simplifies building an estimate.

Minpunten

The Stack team continually publishes important Stack Updates monthly; many of the cons I've seen over the last year have been resolved. With that said the lack of an UNDO function is a continual annoyance (I am told this fix is on the roadmap).

Overwogen alternatieven

ProEst

Redenen om voor STACK te kiezen

Stack's cloud interface is faster to setup and faster to use. The cloud based setup allows us to hyperlink project takeoffs directly to our CRM; and share that takeoff with colleagues, suppliers and clients.

Overgestapt van

OnScreen

Redenen om over te stappen op STACK

Seeing the constant updates from Stack shows me that they are committed to improving the software.
Elijah
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Worst customer service I have encountered across any platform.

Beoordeeld op 4/2/2022

(stated in terms and conditions), they were going to make an exception, and provide me a full refund. 6 hours later, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] called me back to inform me she had called the wrong customer, and they were not going to be able to give me a refund after all. After going over the above scenario again, she said that as an adult, I should take responsibility for completing the sale without taking the time to read through the terms and conditions. Nothing like being insulted by a “Customer Success Manager”. I told her I would like to speak with her supervisor, and she assured me I would be contacted by EOD today. I was not. I have been in the industry for some time, and for a zero-refund policy to be enforced on a product with virtually no demo is unheard of, especially when they can log on and see that I have received NOTHING of value from them. Instead, Stack has resorted to bullying and insults. She also assured me all upcoming trainings would be canceled, but I wound up doing that after both trainers reached out to me. At this point, it is possible she “forgot” to put the request in, like she “forgot” to cancel the upcoming trainings. Just make sure you want to be married to these guys for a full year before you sign!

Pluspunten

The trainer was knowledgeable and polite, but software itself was clunky and over complicated. Too many options with slight variations for the same things.

Minpunten

My experience with Stack’s customer service has been the worst I have ever encountered. I am a new business owner in the construction industry in Florida. We do have a good network of clients, but it is small, and I told the salesman that I only do a handful of new builds a year and I could not justify Stack’s high yearly rate. The “demo” for stack only comes with 10 measurements and he insisted I would see the value once I had full access the system. He also offered a 25% discount if I completed the sale with him on the phone (a tactic to push you into a rushed decision which I stupidly fell for). I said I would try it out and we went through the purchasing process. Again, feeling as though I was against the clock and trying to rush through while on the phone, I did not click the terms and conditions link. I was then set up for 3 trainings, each an hour long. A lot of training, for an easy-to-use program…After the first training it became abundantly clear this program would bring no value to my company. No harm no foul right? I contacted the Customer service rep and informed them that, as I thought, this program was not right for me, and I would like a refund. It was inside a week, and I had not produced anything close to a useable quote. I stay very busy, and do not have time to take classes on how to constantly update this software. I was contacted a day or so later by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to inform me that, even though it is against their policy to issue ANY refunds

Selene
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Very Streamlined, Simple Estimating Utility

Beoordeeld op 18/10/2021

Stack is the customer service I measure all other customer service by. They are friendly, nice and helpful! They are super easy to reach as well from right inside Stack! They don't always have the answers, but if they can find them they will! Their knowledge database in stack is also pretty extensive so it's easy to find most of your easier answers in there yourself.

Pluspunten

Stack is, hands down, one of the simplest solutions I've found for doing takeoffs. Depending on the industry, it's possible it may be too simple, however for the purposes of drywall and paint it is perfect. Building assemblies in Stack really streamlines the whole takeoff process, saving a lot of time and headache when it comes down to the little details. It's also super easy to learn due to how uncomplicated Stack's tool and interface are. You can make things much more complicated for more detailed accuracy, but you don't have to.

Minpunten

I'd like a few more options when it comes to proposal generation, but this is still a fairly new feature within Stack. Being able to fine tune the formatting would be helpful.

John
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Job Cost Estimating

Beoordeeld op 19/11/2019

I have literally increased my productivity by 1,000% I am doing 10-times more bids and with much greater accurracy, no one questions my take offs.

Pluspunten

The use of pop-ups when you "Mouse-Over" items is very effective, makes things very intuitive, lessens time-to-learn how to use the system.

Minpunten

Need to have more than 50 characters when naming take-off items, at least 100 characters.

Joe

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

We couldn't do what we do without STACK!

Beoordeeld op 26/2/2021

Nothing but positive.

Nothing but positive.

Pluspunten

All the takeoff tools available to us allow my team and I to not only perform takeoffs, but do simple shop drawings and sketches. There's always new technology available for no additional charge.

Minpunten

The only complaint I would ever have would be when OUR internet is slow, something the STACK doesn't control.

Chris

Stack

Beoordeeld op 3/12/2019

Pluspunten

The functions and takeoff procedures has really helped speed up my takeoff process.

Minpunten

The web based software sometimes leads to lags/glitches when zooming in and out. If you zoom in and do your take off then zoom out to continue your takeoff it does not start your take off right away, and you have to click twice to initiate the new takeoff.

Jason

Low learning curve

Beoordeeld op 21/11/2019

We've handles jobs from a few thousand to millions and the PMs love our cost break outs

Pluspunten

Stack allowed us to quickly make the switch from more costly and out of date software. It's platform independence means we can access our files from the field anytime. The low learning curve means I can have assistants up and running in a day or two.

Dependence on Microsoft Excel for reports

Ryan

Review for STACK

Beoordeeld op 19/11/2019

Besides those 2 complaints it's a very functional tool that I spend probably 8-10+ hours on daily.

Pluspunten

The capability to pull any plan up from anywhere as long as I have internet connection. I have used it in several impromptu meetings with clients, Gc's, and our own crew. We aren't tethered to a specific computer source. A search tool in the plans makes finding the finicky details very easy.

Minpunten

No overlay option for addendum's and no Arch tool which is just time consuming make a ton of little clicks.

Akshika
Akshika
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Applications that Keep Getting Better may be estimated quickly and easily using Stack

Beoordeeld op 18/12/2022

Pluspunten

The stack is top-notch from the start. The program is just well-made, from the user-friendly interface to the comprehensive and customizable repository of parts and assemblies. It enables rapid and simple takeoffs from any PC in the world. The developers receive excellent support, and they are always working on a big list of suggestions for improvements from the user base. The level of support is unmatched, the STACK experts are always accessible to help, and frequent updates, webinars, and one-on-one training keep users informed about changes made to the software or advice on how to get the most out of it.

Minpunten

Limited capabilities, the worst take-off software I've ever used, and fraudsters on staff who promise callbacks after taking you off your hard-earned money. They don't have a refund policy. Additionally, instead of you a discount if you add a second user, they charge you twice as much. It might be difficult to accurately assess the benefits Stack can provide during the trial time.

Alejandro

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Very good but needs more features...

Beoordeeld op 7/10/2021

Great but could be better

Great but could be better

Pluspunten

Easy to use. Friendly for any user. Easy to access from anywhere, no software needed in the office computers.

Minpunten

I want to be able to duplicate jobs so I can do a new takeoff when I get new drawings without altering the previous takeoff. I also want to be able to move the order of the drawing tabs and change the order as needed.

Tyler
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great bang for the buck estimating software.

Beoordeeld op 15/10/2021

Overall I have been very happy with STACK and its team.

Overall I have been very happy with STACK and its team.

Pluspunten

The customer support is top notch with instant and clear replies with real people. The learning curve for creating takeoff's is very user friendly.

Minpunten

The proposal generation is limited on what you can show or customize with the layout.

Overwogen alternatieven

OnScreen

Redenen om voor STACK te kiezen

ProEst was very slow and clunky with long wait times for help.

Overgestapt van

ProEst

Redenen om over te stappen op STACK

Price point
Kyle
  • Sector: Restaurants

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Our team uses this daily

Beoordeeld op 19/4/2022

Its a great tool in our system and we use regularly, with our new addition of ProCore and having these programs linked is huge to make sure we are always working off the most up to date planset without having to do multiple uploads

Pluspunten

Anyone who can operate a computer can get into the program and start doing takeoffs immediately.

Minpunten

It would really be helpful for there to be a go-back/undo function. I wish there were some more filter options. Most all of these have been listed by our team on the feature requests.

Tim
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Easy to use Estimating software!

Beoordeeld op 22/2/2021

We are bidding more projects then ever and Stack is an important part of the workflow.

Pluspunten

We love stack for our takeoffs. Cloud service is an essential service as we like to open plans from multiple workstations and conference rooms. We also have multiple estimators who frequently work from home. This software is extremely useful for all of those circumstances. The software itself is intuitive and easy to use.

Minpunten

The only thing that really bothers me is just load speed of plans.

Ignacio

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Not bad but could be a lot better

Beoordeeld op 31/7/2023

Again, I would need to go through a whole lot of questions and requests I've made through tech support and find out that 80% or more of them are not features included in Stack.

Pluspunten

it's fairly easy to use if you only use the basics. The think that I like and the reason why I personally pushed for this software is the fact that is web-based providing liberty to use any platform (Mac or PC) and basically work from anywhere.

Minpunten

It's easy to use for those who work the basics. For others like me that like to get the most out of it, quite honestly there is a lot to improve. I would need to go through a whole lot of questions and requests I've made through tech support and find out that 80% or more of them are not features included in Stack. It's a little disappointing the way some aspects are handled.

Matt

Simple and Easy to Use!

Beoordeeld op 24/1/2017

For very quick masonry estimates, nothing beats this software. For more advanced/detailed prints, as long as you take your time this will work just fine. I haven't seen a friendlier piece of software at an affordable price that gives you want you need without being headache to setup.

Pluspunten

We looked for a very long time for a very simple takeoff program and this is definitely it. We have used this program for the past year and a half to get measurements on masonry and it has not failed us. Our trade does not need super advanced features so this suites us perfectly. If you have a properly scaled PDF then you can hit the ground running for your measurements. Otherwise, determining your own scale is very simple to do and I've even taken pictures of blueprints with my phone to roughly estimate one of our simpler prints in under 10 prints from the camera snapping. Amazing.

Minpunten

Due to this program being available online only sometimes it can be finicky if you have a poor internet connection or if there is some sort of (extremely rare) maintenance.

As stated earlier, we use this for masonry so it does not need advanced features. But as with all estimating, you will still need a basic knowledge of your trade's quirks. If you can't see a wall on an elevation because it is returning into the building then you will need to approximately draw it in under your elevation based off of a foundation plan or floor plan. Not super hard but it just will not do all of the work for you.

Hi Matt,

Thanks so much for your recent feedback!
We are so glad to be able to support the takeoff and estimating needs of Curley Brothers Brick & Masonry and so happy to hear that our software is having a positive impact on your bid process.

We look forward to sharing your input with the entire STACK team. Have an awesome day & thank you again!

Nick

Darn near perfect.

Beoordeeld op 20/1/2017

Having used Stack for the better part of two years, I can say it has greatly improved our takeoff speed and provided the ability to accomplish several time consuming tasks quickly. Stack features allow me to achieve a great degree of accuracy, and they seem to constantly improve the product with new tools like the snap feature. In the future we look forward to deploying Stack to an even greater extent to win more work, and generate more revenue!

Pluspunten

First and foremost, I enjoy the takeoff speed and accuracy Stack affords our estimating department. Simply by clicking a link on a plan exchange site, or quickly uploading plans, we can begin a highly detailed accurate takeoff in minutes if not seconds. Likewise, we can complete our takeoff much faster than traditional methods saving valuable time to analyze our bids post takeoff.

Minpunten

Like any good cost hawk, I would highlight price as my least favorite aspect of Stack Software; though I will say the product represents good value for the price! I would like to see Stack offer the complete product in one package, without the present tiered pricing.

Hi Nick,

Thanks so much for your recent feedback!
We are so glad to be able to support the takeoff and estimating needs of Samuel Dean Sheet Metal and so happy to hear that our software is having a positive impact on your bid process.

Jack
  • Sector: Bouwmaterialen
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

A company that will not stand behind their product.

Beoordeeld op 23/11/2016

The product is not suited for the Masonry business and the so called experts can not make it work properly. I was on the phone several times with these experts and they had to get off and go and consult with other members to try and resolve issues. They leave you for days while trying to figure out your problems before they return calls. I was told on one occasion that it would be three days before they could get back with me, all the while I had a bid due the next day. I simply ask to have my money refunded since I had the software less than 30 days, and it took them 3 weeks to send me an email denying my refund. As many of you understand that own businesses, the honorable thing to do would be to make the customer happy, not steal their money and just claim the software works fine.

Minpunten

The catalog they push so highly is not suited for the real world. The software that they claim they have experts to support you with do not know how to resolve the problems. The support center plays the game of deny and delay, hoping you will figure it out on your own, or just stop calling. I was offered a 30 day trail which they now are not honoring and refusing to refund my money.

Antwoord van Stack Construction Technologies

At STACK, we place great priority on user experience and we’re incredibly proud of the positive response we receive from our customers as a result.
We’re sorry to learn that in this particular case, we have a user that was less than satisfied. We can assure that the comments and feedback shared here have not been taken lightly. However, after a comprehensive review of this experience, we can confidently say the review is both unfair and unwarranted.

While our team is certainly no stranger to the sense of urgency that often exists with project bidding, we cannot commit that our training resources and schedule will always match with the exact need or timing of our users. Mr. Williams requested training late in the day on a Friday and was scheduled for the following Monday, but grew frustrated due to the 3-day wait. Unfortunately for STACK and for JT Williams Masonry, we were not given the opportunity to help their team learn to use our software. We make every effort to accommodate the customer and this case was no different. Mr. Williams subscription fees were refunded in full and we wish his company nothing but future growth and success.

Mark

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Uploads Plans quickly, great features and great customer service.

Beoordeeld op 31/5/2017

Pluspunten

For me it has to be the speed at which it allows me to get through a large scale take-off. The way I can customize my labels makes it easy for me to separate areas and alternates for each individual project, and then sort them and pull information from with in those labels easily and quickly.

Minpunten

Not many Cons, but it would be nice to be able to use my delete key on my key board once I have takeoff highlighted versus highlighting the take off then going over to the menu bar and then taking the cursor down to the delete function. It would also be nice to hold down command/cntrl key and select multiple take offs to copy and or delete. Finally being able to highlight a takeoff area and change what that take-off is with out deleting it and re- drawing it, this would be a huge time saver for me when dealing with addendum and design team changes.

Hi Mark,
Thanks so much for your recent feedback!
We are so glad to be able to support the takeoff and estimating needs of Phillips' Floor Inc. and so happy to hear that our software is having a positive impact on your bid process.

Anthony
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Fantastic! Anyone who can use a computer, can use this software to easily generate measurements...

Beoordeeld op 31/5/2017

Generating accurate takeoffs and reports as an estimator, to get accurate pricing on materials for our projects is a main role of my position

Pluspunten

I love how easy STACK is to use. I literally can hop on my computer and generate a takeoff and reports of a pretty complex drawing within minutes. I don't have to calculate anything, as this software does the math for me. Additionally, I haven't had to ever use technical support for STACK because it's always live and working when I am, but there is always a button to talk to a representative present on the screen in case I do run into trouble. Another thing I love, is that it's online browser-based, and I never have to worry about saving anything. It automatically saves wherever I have left off on a project. Speaking of projects, STACK also allows one to organize different projects on it's calendar very easily, and things can also be edited/changed/deleted efficiently. Without STACK my job would be a lot harder, and take a lot longer. I'm not even sure that I've taken advantage of everything that STACK has to offer, but as you can see, I am thrilled for what I use it for. I am fairly new to this application, and career, but as you can see, I love it. I'm sure it has paid for itself many times over.

Minpunten

Sometimes STACK can lag a bit, but I'm willing to say that it has to do with some of the drawings/prints that I have had to upload there, and not necessarily the fault of the STACK application.

Hi Anthony,
We are so glad to hear that you are thrilled with the impact our software is having on your business! We look forward to sharing your input with the entire STACK team.

Be sure to contact us if there is anything you need in the future. We are here for you!

Wishing you much continued success!

Jason

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

From a 'count' only estimating company......

Beoordeeld op 21/10/2021

The power of cloud-based software is amazing, a definite game-changer for us. The product has many pro's with just as many could have's. Still using our old software on occasions where we need to price several options, change the structure of the proposal or offer breakup costs.

Pluspunten

Takeoffs are quick, assemblies are easy to put together, it's very quick and easy to change what items and assemblies in a count. The main advantage for us is that we can have multiple people using the software at once.

Minpunten

Features I'd like to see are:
-adding assemblies to an assembly 'item group'
-simplify the process of creating an item>creating an assembly>creating a count takeoff
-customized icons for takeoff counts
-ability to lock (tick box) pricing in a proposal. once locked a new revision will be made if any variations are added
-ability to copy a project and make several versions of it, so the older revisions are superseded but still available for reflection
-ability to change pricing at the Estimate page for that specific project, without changing global pricing stack-wide
-ability to download proposals in more than .pdf. Eg word, excel
-ability to manage projects a little better. lots of unused space on the Projects screen. On the left you should have folders that organise my projects into 'Bidding, Bid submitted, Won, Lost etc'

Daniel Frondorf

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Stack's ease of use and accuracy have been mains factors in our success at generating numerous...

Beoordeeld op 4/6/2018

We like the fact that Stack is web based, enabling us to work in an out of the office, or anywhere we have access to the internet.

Pluspunten

We appreciate the ability of the software to quickly set up new projects and to get started working on them as soon as we receive work orders from our clients; the ability to see the underlying plan sheet on which were working is a hidden benefit - we often find ourselves using Stack as a plan review tool as well as a takeoff tool. The mobility of the view on the screen is most helpful - zooming in and out is especially useful. Our clients appreciate our ability to provide them plan sheets marked up with the takeoffs quantities visibly highlighted and in legend format.

Minpunten

We are civil estimators, and we frequently have the need to perform earthwork takeoffs from cross sections. Sadly, Stack does not yet have the ability to set dual scales (horizontal and vertical) that allow area takeoffs on cross sectional views. This is a feature improvement we've suggested many times when our product reps call us to check in with us periodically (which we appreciate), so we hope this becomes a new feature in the near future.

Bob

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Powerful, especially in the right hands!

Beoordeeld op 29/5/2018

We are younger folks in the business who are very familiar with excel and spreadsheet formulas. This program is made for those types of minds. What we have achieved with this program using custom assemblies is remarkable and powerful. This program has elevated our business and shaved thousands off the cost of estimating our projects without sacrificing the accuracy.

Pluspunten

The program is easy to use out of the box/ The real magic is in the custom assemblies. You can create anything you're looking for. At first, these custom assemblies are cumbersome to set up. But once they are set up, taking off a project is almost automated. Add in some nifty features like different scales on the same drawing page, multipliers for different layers, multitool select for deleting and copying... We are very happy with this product for on-screen take-offs. The new excel template recently released is also great.

Minpunten

Honestly, there's always going to be something an end user wants but most of the things we want are things that are too difficult to apply universally. For example, we would love to see the ability to alter pricing and structure of existing assemblies but the only way to do that is to make it custom. We understand why, because all users draw from these assemblies. What would be nice is to copy groups within a stack assembly.

Lee
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great for take-offs!

Beoordeeld op 19/10/2021

CustomerService is truly the best and most responsive! If all you need is take-offs and/or estimating of formal bid projects as a small sub. This is great.
If you are looking to hand to someone to take project from ITB to estimate, this will perform well. If you want a software to run project from start to finish or a better way to track the process, results, expect to pair this with a CRM software.

Pluspunten

Take-offs are easy to import, mark-up and change. Worth it for us just for the takeoffs.

Minpunten

High Cost for additional users. Not a project management software. Estimating gets it partway there but not a good solution to take a project from lead to completion. Estimates and projects not easy to enter unless take-off is done. Sometimes I need to create a quote where a plan is not provided and only field measured. Hence, I do not use for estimating as I don’t want to have some in one place and others in another. Would like to see it integrated with more CRM software services. Would like more options on mark-ups or layers and/or the ability to see/hide mark-ups without losing them.

Desiree

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Stack Software is a good estimation software

Beoordeeld op 31/7/2023

I really like using this product. I feel it is a better software than I have used before but it is still missing a few things. But it is consistently integrating new and better things making it a better product overall.

Pluspunten

I like that no matter where I am I am able to use the product with the plans I used. Makes it easy to be out in the field and in the office.

Minpunten

I feel like one area that could be improved on is if you hover over a measurement it should give me the details. I can get them but it is not easy to get to.