CAKE POS

Online softwareoplossing voor verkooppunt (POS) voor restaurants

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
Functies
Gebruiksgemak
Klantenondersteuning

heeft deze app aanbevolen

Allison S.

Review of CAKE

Beoordeeld op 8/6/2020

I enjoy that there is 24/7 customer support with any issues. (love the new text feature)

Pluspunten

I like that I can access it anywhere remotely to make changes, add menu items, and view sales.

Minpunten

I don't like the new update. I feel the original version is easier to use.

Braden M.

Who Doesn't LOVE CAKE?

Beoordeeld op 30/3/2021

The data that CAKE provides me is incredibly valuable to our business. We love it!

Pluspunten

We don't spend any time on training new team members to use our POS System (CAKE). Seriously, it's so easy we show them a few features and they are running it like a pro on day one. That in it's self has saved us a ton of payroll we use to spend on training.
From a ownership perspective, we have four locations and I'm able to track them from my central office, Wonderful!

Minpunten

Negatives only fall on one piece of the equipment. The cash drawer and the insert in it are not built for the type of abuse they can take in some operations. I wish there was an option to purchase extra drawer inserts.
There are no other negatives about CAKE.

Clover, Toast POS en Square Point of Sale

Redenen om voor CAKE POS te kiezen

To provide my customers a better more efficient experience and to allow our team members an easy to use system that we as owners could easily track.

Redenen om over te stappen op CAKE POS

Cake seemed to have a more durable product. The biggest reason was....When I spoke with all the sales staff from the different companies the CAKE representatives were the only ones that never talked negatively about their competitors. That let me know they didn't need to degrade the other guys, they had faith in the system they were selling. I now have the same faith in CAKE.
Kevin S.

CAKE is simply the BEST

Beoordeeld op 28/9/2021

A++++++++++++++++++ System and customer service!!!

Pluspunten

The accessibility, functionality, storage and speed of the system in general. THE SEARCH BAR OMG!!!!

Minpunten

The chip readers inconsistency. The inability to be able split items more than 1 in a time.

Clover, Aloha EPOS en TouchBistro

Redenen om voor CAKE POS te kiezen

Honestly... The tipping point was the card fee. But since then it has been awesome. Why we are staying put!!!

Overgestapt van

Aloha EPOS en TouchBistro

Redenen om over te stappen op CAKE POS

Everything said in the comments before
Vangjel K.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

If you don't want features that will help your restaurant grow this is it.

Beoordeeld op 10/4/2021

Benefits - very few, its a processing and pos basic.
Issues - many, but do get resolved.
Features - literally almost nothing. you get basic reporting.
We switched to Toast.

Pluspunten

Its useful that this POS offers 3 party features to install, to bad you gotta pay of them.
Reports are easy to understand, what comes in and what your taxes are.
Easy point of sale to use for your staff.

Minpunten

Alright after 2+ years of using Cake here it is for you guys.

1. On the phone with customer service probably 4 - 6 times a month. This is from reporting / dashboard issues, POS issues.

Reporting issues: about 2 times a month we have to call about some kind of labor reporting issue and takes the engineers around 1 to 4 days to fix. Note - same issue occurs, another day or so for engineers to fix.

Dozens of times we will be on the phone with a customer service rep, and both them and I will be having issues loading the reports to examine them. One time we were literally both waiting over 25 minutes for it to load.

As a restaurant one of the best reports you could have is when the system literally tells you the cost of EVERYTHING.
Ya, you won't be getting this with cake. Sure, you can add the cost of a single item to you (why even have this feature if it doesn't deduct it for you) but it wont deduct it for you at the end of the day. You'll have to do this on your own to figure out what it actually cost you.

Cake takes into account on recommendation that their customers give them, I think and thats at least what they say except their features are almost non-existent. No marketing, No rewards, very basic reporting.

Their hardware is super expensive, our kitchen printer stopped working and they quoted us like $450, I found it on amazon for $115.

Just remember the 2.50% + $.10 a swipe, will actually really be costing you 3.50%. I could go on but I'm limited on characte

Tommy S.

Cake POS

Beoordeeld op 20/8/2021

Very user friendly

Pluspunten

I love the fact that I have a POS system and I do not have to have a separate CC processing

Minpunten

Really haven't had any bad problems. We normally call support and it is handled quickly

Danielle K.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Paddles Coffee

Beoordeeld op 25/6/2021

After hearing nightmare stories from others in the coffee industry with other POS systems, we wouldn’t change a thing. We are more than happy with the experience so far, and we are excited for the updates and changes we’ll see in the future.

Pluspunten

Very easy to set up the menu; customer service has always been top notch; online reports include the information you need to run a business effectively; POS terminal is attractive and customer friendly.

Minpunten

Would love to see stamps integrated between POS and online ordering; accessing older reports is time consuming; some of the reports are buried within other reports and can be hard to find.

Toast POS en Square Point of Sale

Redenen om over te stappen op CAKE POS

On recommendation from others in the industry and review of the features and pricing online.
Lisa T.

Best POS

Beoordeeld op 13/8/2021

Fast processing, easy use especially hand helds they are so convenient!

Pluspunten

So easy to use, lots of options, great customer service

Nothing. I loved it. Wouldn't change anything. Maybe more reporting options

Brenna T.

EZ as Cake!

Beoordeeld op 11/8/2021

Fantastic!

Pluspunten

I love the simplicity and sleek design of the actual terminal and the software is amazingly easy to use and really lives up to it's name! It's easy as CAKE!

Minpunten

I would like to be able to have my gift cards expire.

Toast POS

Redenen om over te stappen op CAKE POS

my husband did, his Sysco Rep was his friend and ex sous chef, so he talked him into it.
Nick N.

General Manager

Beoordeeld op 13/7/2021

Pluspunten

Cake made it easier to do just about everything that we need to run our business to the best of our ability

Minpunten

Credit card reporting, I wish there were monthly statements for my book keeper is my only complaint

Terri lyn n D.
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

This product is a piece of CAKE!

Beoordeeld op 8/9/2021

implementing the order process for my Cafe and taking credit card payments with ease.

Pluspunten

This product was easy to install with the help of my tech guy. It was easy to learn and easy to program. I alos like how easy it is to make changes as often as I need.

Minpunten

So far I have not figured out how to integrate my accounting software. I am pretty sure it is available though.
Also, I was slightly intimidated by having to implement it by myself, with only tutorials. However, it is so easy, that I have managed quite well.

Toast POS en Heartland Retail

Redenen om over te stappen op CAKE POS

My initial contact was super helpful, very fast and efficient in educating me on the product. The other companies lacked a sense of urgency.
Carrie S.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to use and a definite asset for restaurants and bars!

Beoordeeld op 8/7/2021

We had a wonderful experience overall with our system. I would still be using it if our business had not sold and would use again if we ever open a similar business in the future.

Pluspunten

The CAKE POS was very easy to use and I loved the detail it provided for us. As a restaurant and bar, we needed a lot of detail in orders and the ability to print to different stations was amazing vs. having to walk each order back. The reports were easy to use as was the changing of the menu and adding/removing items. It was also great for training staff because it was very straight-forward and step-by-step.

Minpunten

Table numbers being required would be great. The signature pad being a little more sensitive to picking up finger signatures. Split checks were sometimes burdensome and could use a little improvement to speed things up when it's busy. I would love it if the creating of subcategories would be easier (say you have several of one brand of wine so you have less tabs to have to look for items).

Lynn R.

POS

Beoordeeld op 11/1/2021

Overall, we love this product, especially the support we get from the friendly staff. Anytime we have an issues, we call and it gets fixed. We have also been able to troubleshoot and fix items ourselves numerous times. It's an easy system and we recommend it.

Pluspunten

Our customers love their screen. They like that they can see their order. It's easy to read and understand. We love that we can use the system from home on the laptop and not just in the shop. I make changes to the menu mostly from home. I love having the itemized close cash receipt every day. I love all the reports that I get for tracking my business.

Minpunten

I don't like that all the buttons are the same color. It makes it very difficult to find buttons in a hurry when you have 40 different syrup flavors and 34 different teas. We need colored buttons that we can use as groups, for example, I could make all our sugar free syrups green and all the syrups that start with an A, blue, etc... It helps your eyes to find things quicker. It is really stressful for new employees to find buttons when training and the customer is standing there staring at you. It's better as a trained employee, but it would save us time at the machine when we could be making their order. Colored buttons are highly needed. Also, ever since the last software update that affected us directly, it is harder for me to add new products to the menu and put them in the right place. I can't put my finger on what changed, but i have trouble adding new products under existing categories. They come out as new buttons on the main screen. Not sure how to fix that.

Scott D.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

A promising work in progress

Beoordeeld op 2/12/2020

Cake is a perfectly adequate system that has served our needs but as we grow we feel like we need to search for a more robust system with all of the features that we need.
Customer service has always been responsive, even if to tell us that the features we requested aren't available.

Pluspunten

This system is user friendly and has all of the BASIC features you need to get going. The customer facing hardware is attractive and functional. Back end programming is fairly easy to use once you are familiar with it. Online ordering has been fairly easy to implement and has all of the BASIC functions you need.

Minpunten

After working with this system in multiple locations for a few years, we have come to learn of some shortcomings - reporting with the system in difficult to navigate and hard to generate more detailed sales reports. It is not an intuitive reporting system. The basic snapshot functions are great, but digging deeper to get more detailed reports is cumbersome. Also some basic functionality on the restaurant side is still missing. Tickets in the kitchen print up items in random order and there is no way to address this in the system. Most other systems have the basis functions to group and prioritize items on tickets for the kitchen and bar printers. You don't realize how important this is until you don't have it on a POS system. There is still no way to offer discounts or accept gift cards online either.

Kristin S.

Value, Function, and Top Notch Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 28/4/2020

We were so thankful at how easy it was to activate online ordering. Our customers feel confident providing their credit card information through a secure system, and we love that we can remove items from the online system from our POS when we run out of a certain special. We appreciate the way the user dashboard online is simple to navigate and provides a clean pie-chart or graph style analysis of our sales, popular items, labor vs. income, etc. Those graphic visuals are invaluable when we are quickly checking in during a busy shift to see where our numbers are. We have a wide range of literacy comfort levels at our restaurant and we feel like our employees are all able to navigate the system easily and effectively. We think that is important from an accessibility standpoint.

Pluspunten

We switched to CAKE from another POS system in 2016, after being in operation for 1.5 years. We have been impressed with the way CAKE constantly tries to provide new features. As a farm-to-table quick-service restaurant, our menu changes weekly and we find it simple and straightforward to make updates each week. Due to COVID-19, we recently activated the online ordering and we believe it has saved our business. We were able to activate and integrate it quickly and we love the reporting capabilities the system gives us. Our customer service has been top notch--from our sysco rep to our CAKE customer support manager, we have received a quick response to any question we've had. We feel very comfortable requesting new features and integrations based on our needs and we feel like they really listen to us and try to incorporate our ideas quickly and simply. We did not have this level of customer support with our previous POS system and we really value being able to get a live person on the phone quickly and easily when we have an issue. We love the intuitive, easy-to-read sales analysis reports and use them each week with our management team to evaluate our menu items and determine our next round of specials. We really like that we can make menu edits both on the POS and with the online platform---hoping for a mobile app next for very quick and simple edits!

Minpunten

We first purchased in Spring 2016. The software felt a little sluggish and honestly, we were not sure if it would easily keep up with our pace. But we have been very impressed with CAKE's constant evaluation and roll-out of new features and integrations--they haven't missed a beat! We don't use all the features yet, but because of the recent success with our online activation, we are now considering two more apps. I would prefer a tiered/capped monthly pricing system depending on how many apps/additional software platforms we integrate (like accounting, customer management, 3rd party delivery apps, etc)--rather than installing each a-la carte, but hopefully that will be an option in the future. The additional monthly fee per app has made us hesitant to try new ones. We would also like to have more control over the look and feel of the online ordering page--functionally it meets our needs, but would love to integrate it into our own website and select the background color, text color, etc, to make it feel like a seamless integration rather than making our customers feel like they are "leaving" our site to go to another. There are some features/edits that are only available from the POS system (not menu items, but system preferences/settings categories) In the future, I hope they make those features editable from the online access platform as well, because sometimes I want the flexibility of making certain adjustments from home on my computer during off-hours.

Toast POS en Aloha EPOS

Redenen om voor CAKE POS te kiezen

Our Sysco rep at the time was very knowledgeable about different POS systems based on her career in several restaurants prior to Sysco---she was straightforward with us about her experience with multiple systems, their price points, and value. She suggested we consider CAKE and we followed her recommendation. We are so glad we did. We prefer it over our previous system, but as a small rural restaurant, we were not able to afford the much more expensive systems.

Redenen om over te stappen op CAKE POS

CAKE had the right combination of value, ease of use, and features. We have recommended CAKE to several of our restaurant owner friends in the region. It has a simple interface, the customer service is stellar, and the constant addition of new apps and integration makes us feel like we are getting the best value in a price range we can afford.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you Kristin for the detailed review about your experience with CAKE Point of Sale and being a customer since 2016! We're excited to hear that you've had such a great experience so far and we'll definitely forward your suggestions to our product team.

Bryan H.
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Cake Review

Beoordeeld op 15/4/2020

This is my first POS system. I think its expensive but I think the system has help me recover at least part of the cost and now I know a lot more about my restaurant. The tech support team is very good. I have had the system for about 4 months now and I am still learning. I know the software people are in this to make money but for small companies you can't afford the add ons because the cost is too high. They don't explain about the add on pricing up front. I thought time tracking, scheduling and inventory would be standard. Overall I do like the system but I will know what ask and look for when my contract is up.

- Easy to use
- Easy to change the menu
- Online ordering is available
- Keeps track of items left if I put in the quantity left
- Tracks all kinds of things such as discounts, comps, etc.
- System was fairly easy to set up
- Tech support is very good

Minpunten

- Online ordering will not let you track the number of items left. If I put on the POS I have 3 special left that won't reflect to my online ordering so I have to manually turn it off. This has been my biggest beef because I have limited items on some things and I can't sell them online because the system can't track how many are left.
- Credit Card money is slow to go in, we have not tried paying the extra $25 to make it go in quicker
- Very hard to track Credit card money vs credit card sales as they don't have a good balance sheet system. Sales from one day get combined, deposits get combined
- Ribbons for the kitchen printers are cheap but have to be changed constantly
- Tickets on big orders print very long, would be nice if you could set page breaks for ticket lengths.
- Online ordering - customers call all the time about not getting confirmation
- To add my own I-pad to the system is a extra monthly cost which is too high
- The system was not compatible with my gift cards so I had to buy all new cards and still manually tracking my old cards - They tried to help me with this but my old gift card company would not work with me.
- System has many other useful feature that I would like to use but they cost way too much for small business. If they would charge for the use of the software instead of charging for the program it might be more affordable. A store that has 50 employees vs a store with 10 employees have a lot different budgets.

Bridget B.

Bowen's Tavern

Beoordeeld op 28/1/2020

We are very happy with CAKE, it saves me time bookkeeping, helps with inventory and is easy for our employees. The support is wonderful and I can not say enough how nice it is to use CAKE payments for credit card processing and have everything under one system with easy to use reports!

Pluspunten

The thing that I like the most is being able to connect to the POS with my computer or phone. It makes life as an owner easier, I can make buttons for items or change prices even if I am not at the tavern. Also being able to pull reports up on my computer is much better than working only with the close cash slip. The support is wonderful, I always get an answer to my question or the help I need. It is just so easy to use that even employees who have never used a POS can learn to use it easily and fairly quickly.

Minpunten

There are only a few features that we would change such as, if you set hours for happy hour, after it is over, items cannot be cashed out if they are already on an open order so you would have to have everyone pay as you go or cash out before a certain time. The other feature that doesn't really work for our tavern is that if a refund is performed, the whole amount doesn't show as a refund, part does and the other part is refunded on the employee's tips. We would love to see the ability to close cash and assign drawers from the website as well. Other than that, we are totally happy with this system!

John L.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Cake promises undelivered

Beoordeeld op 13/9/2019

While it functions fine for the ordering and set up. The back end portion for controls of labor are not in place. You also do not have a choice on who processes your credit cards. Twice in a month we were delayed credit card processing deposits into our account. While I do believe that it was probably the 3rd parties processing fault we have 7 other locations that have not experienced this problem at all. Maybe its time for Cake to change processors! When you have pending checks to clear and you don't get your planned deposit for your credit card processing it can be stressful day with banking.

Pluspunten

The product was recommended by Sysco. The cost and the features explained was the selling point.

Minpunten

There is no partnered labor control ap that works with clock in of your employees on the Cake system . With Labor control being one of the largest cost factors and with all the new features that others offer. Cakes only partner is with 7 Shifts and for that you pay a hefty price even to be able to schedule on it. If you have one location maybe you can get by with the old paper schedule but with multiple locations and a number of employees there are no feature that control early clock ins, no clock ins, breaks, and overtime alerts. The other part of this there is no interest getting it done on a time frame that makes sense. Your told one thing by the top to get you off the phone, bug them enough and they will tell you maybe its not the system for you. So save yourself some money and not buy this system if you are any way wanting to truly manage labor it just does not do it if you have many locations to keep track of. I would say if you have over 25 employees as well , you would save many dollars with systems that help control clock ins.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi John, thank you for taking some time to leave a candid review.

First off, thank you for acknowledging our ease of use by giving us a 5-star on it.

With that said, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the delayed deposit caused.

We understand that running multiple restaurants can be stressful enough. Our intention is to make life easier for our operators.

As for your concerns in regard to labor control, we have and are making concerted efforts to push features that would be beneficial to our operators. In our 6.28.1 release, we added the feature to prevent early clock-ins from breaks.

university.cake.net/s/article/What-s-New-in-6-28-1-0

Although we do not have overtime alerts, we are able to allow automatic clock-out times.

Kristin R.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Cake support and management assistance

Beoordeeld op 19/7/2019

Overall the system has assisted in staffing better, seeing trends with sales, reports are continuously being improved. Easy to update menu pricing and item changes. Great system for table waits, using text to notify guest table is ready is easier. Monitoring table times allowing us to see where weaknesses are. Up to date information regarding the sales, labor and comp, refunds, voids, staff errors. Everything is in one easy report.

Pluspunten

Easy to use, 24 hour support, customer services is exceptional, constantly working on improving the system and uses the customers feedback in assisting to redesign and implement changes

Minpunten

With the support team so far away it is sometimes difficult to pin point the base of the system problem. Especially through phone conversations. Recently we had a Pos terminal go and it would enter things units own. It was extremely difficult to capture the incidents while it happened. Sometimes you can't capture the problem through a video or it just would stop when on the phone with support team. The problem went on for a month. Cake was outstanding and replaced the terminal free of charge for a one time customer courtesy.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hey Kristin, thank you for your review.

We pride ourselves on our ease of use and we continuously look to improve our Point of Sale, so thanks for noticing!

Also, glad to hear that you are putting our Point of Sale and Guest Manager to great use.

Carmelle N.
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great Software! Great Support!! Great System!!!

Beoordeeld op 30/3/2018

The efficiency for the staff, which is HUGE!! We are a Family Restaurant, that worked with Carbon Guest checks. We would take an order at the table and run it back to the kitchen, and then move on to the next table. Now, because we use the IPads to take the order, we can go from table to table to take the order, while we are doing that we can have the coffee pot with us, and on the way back to the wait station, we can be carrying our pot, and cleaning tables, as well. All of this, while the cooks are working on the orders. We were able to get rid of one extra body during the week because of this efficiency. ALSO because of this system, everyone is charged the same, there is no more "guessing" how much the item costs because we are busy and don't have time to look, all of the sauces are getting charged for, and the amount of "forgetting to add it to the bill" charges are low. This system is a win, win. I just cannot say enough about it.

Pluspunten

This system has Easy to add & Change Menu Items, which works awesome for our daily specials. It is VERY user friendly & Easy to train any age group. This system works great for reports, menu items such as what you are or are not selling, payroll, ect. I am so glad we chose this System!!

Minpunten

Cannot adjust the pricing after the order has been sent back to the Kitchen. I also wish there were some things you could have print in a different color that goes back to the kitchen. Our ribbons are red and black, but the printer only prints black. I also wish, there was a different way to have the orders print to the kitchen, but we are working through some of those issues. The cooks have to remember that they have to learn a different way to read the tickets as well. There are a couple of other things, but actually they are being implemented in the near future.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you Carmelle for taking the time to give CAKE such a thorough and glowing review! CAKE Point of Sale does not allow for pricing modification after an order has been placed. We did this to keep cash totals consistent in your inventory - so everything adds up at the end of the day.

We hear your requests for different colored ink on your tickets and early this summer we have an update coming out that will allow you to print modifiers in red.

Thank you for trusting the Copper Penny Family Restaurant to CAKE Point of Sale, working together just makes cents!

Kim T.

I love CAKE!

Beoordeeld op 11/12/2017

Too many to list here but software that is easy to understand and follow and make corrections too. It runs our kitchen and food orders as well as serving as an employee time keeping system.

Pluspunten

We purchased our Cake system two years ago after looking at many different systems for our diner after making the decision to update our entire process. The Cake system had everything that we wanted. Over the past two years we've had some issues with our system that very easily have been corrected and some that took a little time to fix. We are just too busy for me to spend countless hours trying to work out an issue and receive minimal or no satisfaction. Out of all the customer service companies we have ever done business with over the last 25 years, the best has been Cake. Hands down. No exception. The technicians are beyond wonderful. Every single technician has stayed with me until the issue at hand has been resolved and has worked with me to fully understand. We have just been updated to the newest software version of Cake and while doing my first online audit of employee timecards I found that I didn't understand how to make a certain correction. The guys at Cake walked me through it late on a Sunday evening and I was able to submit my completed, accurate payroll in time. And I LOVE the new remote access update. It's so easy and helps me keep payroll in line. The only thing I can say is thank you so much for realizing the importance of great customer service! Don't change a thing.

Minpunten

I wish the ipad minis that we use for mobile table service were a little more efficient and didn't drop the Cake network connection so easily. My staff has trouble always understanding how to reconnect or update as needed and I have to jump in and try to fix whatever they've done.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you Kim for your great and thorough review of CAKE. We¿re honored to be among the best customer service you¿ve experienced in more than 25 years of being an industry veteran. We¿re launching a new and improved OrderPad this year, and we¿re confident it will solve issues like yours. We¿re happy you¿re using support to walk you through any issues, and we hope you¿ll keep reaching out if you should ever need help getting the most out of your CAKE Point of Sale. We can only say you¿re welcome for your praise and enthusiasm, and we¿ll continue working to be the best restaurant technology company for independent restaurants like yours!

Katie B.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Cake has been such a positive experience.

Beoordeeld op 8/11/2017

Cake saves us time with customers and employee training. It is very user friendly and the support team is very friendly and helpful.

Pluspunten

We switched to CAKE because we were launching a bigger location and with an expanded menu, this was the better option for us. We were previously using Square which didn't have a lot of the functions we needed as a bigger business. It's much easier for employees to work now because CAKE allows them to do clocking in and out in one convenient location, all the menu options can be put in the system which saves their time entering and hunting, and overall it's much more organized. We can also easily change the menu from our laptops on a regular basis because we've been adding a bunch of stuff, and it's much easier from our computers. The reports help us keep records of what sells the best during each season and we can decide then to bring it back or not. A lot of our customers are really impressed as well, it's very easy for them to use and they tell us on a regular basis. It's really user friendly and it all comes down to the ease of use. We just have no complaints, and whenever I need support it's easy to get to.

Minpunten

The screen will freeze from time to time but it is easily fixed by restarting the machine. I also wish we could find receipts by card holders last name, it would be easier to go back if we need to find a receipt for different purposes.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Your CAKE Point of Sale shouldn't be freezing, please reach out to [email protected] if you'd like some technical assistance troubleshooting this issue. CAKE is happy to hear Mishmash Eats is saving so much time by switching to CAKE POS. We hope you and your customers continue to have great things to say about CAKE's support, please get in touch if we can help you get more out of your CAKE Point of Sale.

Shaun H.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Gives greater control over your point of sale and tracking!

Beoordeeld op 20/10/2017

Order accuracy and data tracking

Conversation Summary/Sample Review:
Before we started with CAKE, everything was done by hand so we had to write stuff down which posed a challenge because now you had to know what went on everything and how much things were to charge for extra. There was also no way for us to track anything, really. Now we can track sales of items in general as well as hourly, and there is even an option to track by 15-minute period, which is even greater. Changing the menu is easy and I don't have to have meetings to tell people about new prices and things, I just give a heads up and then it just shows up on the machine. Customization is super easy, so even if the customer wants something we don't have in there it's super easy to enter. And then my favorite part is that I can have different printers that send information where it needs to go, so I can send the fryer exactly what they need and the grill what they need which has helped us out a lot. Instead of looking at an order with a ton of information that makes it hard to see what needs to be done, each person can see exactly what they need to do for their part and then have it come together with better accuracy.

Minpunten

It would be great if customers could order online and pay with PayPal. An app for remote access to the system would be amazing.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you Shaun for a great review! We do offer online ordering, and an app for remote access to the system. We've contacted your Customer Success representative to ensure that CC Diner and Ice Cream gets your just desserts! We're happy to hear CAKE Point of Sale saves time for team and adds more money to your bottom line.

Carol L.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

We have been very pleased with our experience with Cake, from the employer and employee...

Beoordeeld op 29/9/2017

Pluspunten

Before CAKE we were a small mom and pop shop handwriting tickets with no POS system. Having everything handwritten caused issues for cooks and if we were looking for specific item sales, we had to go through every single hand-written ticket to track that kind of data. What attracted me to CAKE was that it was a rental program, so there was not a lot of out of pocket upfront cost, which is really important for a small restaurant. Having reporting capabilities to see what we're selling and how much has been an invaluable service. I can see our busy hours, how we did last week, all that information is right at my fingertips. I can also change the menu from wherever, even my phone, so I love the fact that no matter where I personally am, I can change prices, add things to the menu, take things off the menu, and check out our sales. Our payroll company can also log in and generate payroll which eliminates the chance of human error and gives them the convenience to do payroll on their time frame. A huge plus is the ability to make changes, additions and deletions on our own without needing someone from Cake to do it. In addition, they are very receptive to our "wish list" and quick with trouble shooting and response to problems. This system truly saves us a lot of time and stress.

Minpunten

The updates on the system sometimes catch us by surprise and cause a little bit of confusion for the staff. Most of the updates are very helpful, but a times, they will make a change that does not work for us. Perhaps a little more warning on the changes would help.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

CAKE makes technology for independent businesses like yours to get more done with less money, time, and overhead. We're glad to hear that it's invaluable to your pizzeria. The next time you have an item on your wish list, please do reach out, and thank you for choosing CAKE!

Mike A.

• Klantenondersteuning

Great experience, amazing support and the right way to buy software

Beoordeeld op 27/7/2017

Pluspunten

We were using an older text driven system before that ran on an older OS on XP and we needed something that was Windows-oriented, vendor supported, and took support off of management's hands and handed it over to the people who are actually on the floor doing the work. Frankly the old system also broke a lot, and we needed something more technologically advanced. CAKE has been fantastic. Developing and managing the menu has been surprisingly easy, like the easiest thing I've ever done. Working with the categories and modifiers was just a piece of cake. All of the people working here love it. They came off a system they were already used to, and the conversion was completely painless and extremely fast. When we went from tickets to our old system it was a 6 month nightmare, it just took forever, and I was concerned switching to CAKE would be the same, but it was instant. The system was so intuitive, it's been really nice. It operates exactly how you think it should work, which is probably why staff took to it so readily. The way you can purchase it was also a huge factor for a small independent company like ours, so you can do a small down payment instead of a big cash outlay. It just works for us.

Minpunten

An ad-hoc reporting capability would be nice. The existing reports are substantial and you can download them into excel, but I would like to be able to create my own.

Antwoord van CAKE, a Sysco Company Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you Mike for your great review of CAKE! CAKE Point of Sale makes it easy for you to work faster, more efficiently, and with less overhead. We¿re glad to hear your staff is loving it as much as you are!

Joseph G.
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Very happy overall with the Cake System.

Beoordeeld op 5/7/2017

decreased ticket times, no more pocketed tickets, better overall customer satisfaction.

Pluspunten

Our main problem before CAKE was time. It was taking too much time for servers to get something written on paper and get back to the POS to put everything in. If the internet was down everything was down so we wanted something cloud based so we could continue with transactions even if the internet had problems. CAKE meets all the needs we were looking for. We've got a much faster turnover rate on being able to get orders in and back to kitchen and out to the table, and we can continue taking orders even without internet, which have both helped with revenue. We also like using the guest manager system so when we run out of tables we can get numbers and page when tables open up which was an added benefit. I can also do things on the fly like change the menu even when I'm not on the restaurant, someone just gives me a call and I can add it from my personal laptop and it goes directly to the POS system, which has been really helpful as well.

Minpunten

Touch screen interaction is not instant. There is a half second lag in some of the menu screens. It may not sound like much, but anyone in the restaurant industry knows that every single second counts during the lunch rush. This lag also includes certain unnecessary animations between certain screens.
Certain features such as an on the fly print button from the table layout screen would decrease our table times.
The Split screen is very counter-productive compared to other systems.

Antwoord van CAKE from Sysco Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We're so happy to hear Cafe at the Gardens is running efficiently and profitably since switching to CAKE! But we are sorry to hear that you're experiencing a touch screen lag. If you haven't already done so, we advise contacting [email protected] for further investigation. We have brought this to the attention of our Product team in the meantime. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences!